• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 2,612 Views, 140 Comments

The Rebirth of War: The Story of Changelings - Anubis Nox



Two humans changed to and a Changeling and a Pony must survive a war between their races.

  • ...
17
 140
 2,612

Failed Attempt

Oh god. No warning of any pain or anything. I guess I should've expected it but the headache that went with what I did and the muscle spasms was worth it as Celestia's own spell backfired. I froze up for about two seconds all the memories of my human life was restoring itself and finally came back but the headache and spasms stopped and I was eagerly getting ready to see her memories, before I ended up on the ground from exhaustion, as paybacks for trying to pry into mine until a dark blue aura encased me and pulled me back as I almost touched my jagged horn to her head. Celestia was in a sitting position just starely where I was momentarily ago.

So close, so close I thought as the headache subsided from the thing I did and realised I was being pulled back forcefully and aggressively hurting my back. I was screaming in pain now.

"WHAT DID THOU DO TO THY TIA." an angry voice yelled, like a sonic rainboom from behind me, not caring that I was in pain, I was quickly flung around to face the speaker..





Turning around I honestly wasn't surprised to see Luna standing there. She has a dark blue mane and tail which sparkled and glittered and look like a slight breeze was carrying it and an even darker blue coat. Her cutie mark was a white crescent moon on a black background which look liked black ink spilt on her coat.

She asked me the same question, even more forcefully somehow.

I finally replied with the honest truth with what I know or at least am inclined to think what has happened. "Well, what did I do, hmm lets see? I focused all the memories I had at the time and doing that 'collected' them into a bunch and when she cast her memory spell they all rushed out in a stream so that it overloaded her brain. It's like squeezing two things together and fusing them together to create a condensed more powerful thing, except I did this in my head. I believe it was mainly shock from the flow of all the memories that came out at once that caused her spell to fail.

She took in what I said and dropped me to gallop to her sister some five six metres away.

"You could've just teleported" I yelled at Luna, to be just ignored.

Now's my chance to escape, The pain in my back felt slightly better but . Argh, slowly.

So, slowly ever so slowly I got onto my hooves and slowly moved closer to the door.

Wait a minute, I've seen this before. There will be something on the other side of this door when I try to escape.

When I was near the door I started to put my right foreleg out to open then the door and when I almost got to the door the door started to open slowly. When I quickly put my foreleg back down the door closed. I put my foreleg up again for the same thing to just happen again.

Son of a bitch. Either I open the door to get caught or I stay and wait for the people, wait I mean ponies, behind me to recover. You know what I'll go for, the door.

As soon as I touched the door it flung open. I saw Pinkie there with a grin on her face.

This image went through my mind when I saw her looking at me like that.

Thinking what to do I saw Celestia recovering with her sister watching her.

I don't have much time. Damn you Pinkie and you somehow knowing I was going to escape. Bloody fourth walls these days.

I heard the sun princess shuffling behind me.

Looks like I'm going as Pinkie today.

With that thought in mind the green flames encased me as I turned into Pinkie, right before the sun princess turned to look at us. She got up and started trotting with her sister towards us

I quickly remembered what Pinkie said in the battle against the other Changeling who tried to turn into her,
"Eh, I've seen better."

"You look nothing like me silly filly." she replied with grin.

"You look nothing like me silly filly." I copied her speech and smile.





Celestia was watching us keep accusing each other of being the impostor. She obviously didn't get to read my mind because she would've spoken up by now. She just sat there not saying anything whilst her sister was watching her intently, concerned why she wasn't doing anything.

I realised what she was up to, she was going through our minds reading our thoughts. Luckily my thoughts sounded like Pinkie's.

Heh you don't know which one of us is which because you can't single out where our thoughts are coming from because we are standing next to each other.

That's where your wrong I'll know which is which in a second.

I stopped accusing Pinkie as Celestia called out to the rest of the mane six to come into the room except Rainbow Dash. I saw them all enter one by one. I hoped to see Caleb there, to 'hopefully' back me up this time but to no avail as they closed the door when Fluttershy entered last causing the word 'eep' to escape the lips of her mouth, either from the door slamming behind her or there were two Pinkies in front of her.


"Uh sorry Princess, Pinkie ran off over here have her senses going off saying something about a Changeling trying to escape and-- Uh, why are their two Pinkie Pies?" asked Twilight.
"Well it's obvious Twilight darling, one of them is the hideous Changeling." Rarity stated, Celestia just nodded.
"I guessed that, I was just making sure." Twilight replied angered slightly.
HIDEOUS!?!?!? Oh yeah the transformation thingy.

What transformation?.

Oh for fuck's sake, STAY OUT OF MAH HEAD!

Click

After five seconds of silence Celestia finally spoke up, "I think I have an idea that will help us decide which Pinkie is the real one."

"What is it Princess." Twilight asked curiously, seeing what powerful thing Celestia was going to do, that would determine which Pinkie was real.

Much to Twilight's disappointment she simply replied, "A test."

"And what might that be?"

Luna stepped forward to answer Twilight's question, "The real Pinkie will be able to run from this side of the room to the other while not be in pain, but the Changeling named Dark Light will be in pain due to his partially broken back and will most likely stumble and not be able to run."

At least it's only partially broken, wait a minute, she discussed this with Luna through her mind.

"Ok, Pinkie on the left run across the room please." The Night Princess asked.

"Okie dokie lokie." with that the real Pinkie Pie dashed across the room bouncing, and when she made it to the end she turned to look at me and started smiling, shaking her head up and down at me.

"You and your fourth walls, what the hell is wrong with you? Were you dropped on your head wh-" I quickly stopped muttering to myself as I realised that everyone was staring at me and that I had muttered to loud and they heard everything I had said.

"Um yes, now would you the last 'Pinkie Pie' please run across the room."

"Okie dokie lokie." I answered.

I tried to bounce and run at the same time but ultimately failed as I feel all legs splayed out due to my back pains, I managed to say, "Well I've had a good run,", as the green flames encased me to change me back to my Changeling form.

I grunted in pain as I was lifted by Celestia's telekinetic aura and faced towards her.

"Now, you have some explaining to do," Celestia calmly advised me, "We are going to take you to where your 'friend' is in Canterlot for a formal way of getting to know each other.

"Why is he there for? What did he do wrong?" I asked harshly. You see even if my friends are idiots at times I still help them.

"Well, he was different to other ponies and couldn't fly properly at first, he seems to know a bit about us but won't share much of his past, we believe he is also a Changeling that is undercover due to the events that have happened in the past week and he also knows you," Celestia replied, slightly annoyed at my tone. "Luna and I are both going to perform the same memory spell as before but together with you two as a precaution to anything else you might do.

"PFFFFFFFFFTTTTT, what can yo-............. yeh let's go then." I remembered that they were princesses so best to play along with them.

"Fine, I'll go with you.

"It's not like you had a choice anyway," Luna stated.

"Guards!" Celestia called out.

Two white pegasus stallion guards in golden armour walked into the room and asked, "Yes princess??"

"Get the rope and tie up this Changeling please."

"Yes princess." With that they both disappeared through the door and reappeared back into the room to tie me up. They had rope all around my four legs to bunch them together, then they put rope around my wings somehow.

I was grunting in pain as they were tying up my wings due to them touching my back.

"Easy guards, this Changelings back is fractured."

They gruffly replied their 'Yes Princesses' and started to hurt me less, but it still hurt like hell. As soon as I was tied up I was transported into a carriage and the sun princess entered with me and yelled some orders out to which the carriage started flying up and away towards Canterlot.

I didn't even get a say, what a bitch. She better get off her fat ass and actually listen to me next time whilst laying off the cake too fuck sakes.






A/N: Sorry guys, I have not done good this chapter as I got writer's block. But I promise next chapter will be better, alot better.