• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 2,615 Views, 140 Comments

The Rebirth of War: The Story of Changelings - Anubis Nox



Two humans changed to and a Changeling and a Pony must survive a war between their races.

  • ...
17
 140
 2,615

Into Town

Wow, I didn't realise flying was this easy, must've grown some muscles under my shell from flying yesterday. I thought whilst flying around the edges of the forest.
Well I guess it's time to go into town and get some food (already got water from a lake). But first I need a disguise.

"Wait I'm a Changeling," I muttered, scowling myself. "All I need to do is think of a pony to change into hmmm. Wait don't I need to see one first.

So there I was trying to cast the spell thinking up random ponies. Green encased me and nothing happened.

Either I don't know how to change properly or I do need to see a pony to change and why haven't I seen any drones chasing me for?

So after several more feeble attempts at failing to change I decided to sneak up to the outskirts of the town and look for a pony. After a while I saw saw a pony with a pink mane and a butter yellow coat who was humming a tune. They had a cutie mark on their flank which was three butterfly's.

I guess she's a mare
Of course she is it's Fluttershy idiot. Another voice added in my head.
Am I remembering, or is SOMEONE in my head?

No reply

Hmm I think I remember her, and something about The Stare.

As soon as I thought that, memory of her rushed into my head and remembering she is the Element of Kindness. There were also five others I couldn't remember, but from what I remember the most important about Fluttershy is to NOT piss her off. The urge to hug her was unbearable.

Must RESIST URGE to HUG!!!

Quickly looking away from her, before I ran out there and hugged her, I went along the side of the trail she was on away from her. The trail lead into town so quickly before I could be seen I turned into Caleb's pegasus form. Walking along the trail I had time to think what I would do. My plan was simple but not good if it didn't work out. First I would just trot around and look for anypony expressing their emotions then feed off them, but I don't know if I could keep the disguise and feed at the same time so I would hide and then feed.



Entering the town was scary, for three reasons.
1. It was the town I got crushed in.
2. Ponies looked at me weirdly, some faces with shock, some with surprised expressions and some with recognition.
3. I knew it's name was Ponyville, yah more remembering.

I looked around and gulped. Everypony I spotted I remembered things about. Like the Doctor, Derpy and Lyra. Better stay away from Lyra. Slowly, ever so slowly I crept into an alley way and looked around for some emotions to feed on. I saw a group of fillies which I recognized as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I remembered who they were. Apple Bloom the bright yellow pelt, bright pink mane Earth pony. Scootaloo an oranged pelt, purpled mane Pegasus and Sweetie Belle a white pelt Unicorn. She has purple and a dark pink mane. They seemed really excited about something and I managed to hear some of their plan, but it wasn't really important as I started feeding on the excitedness.


As I was feeding I noticed my disguise was wavering a little bit so I dropped the disguise and kept feeding till I was full, so much energy in excitedness. I noticed that their excitedness had stopped a bit and they seemed not excited anymore.
Whoops, a bit to much. Hmm my back isnt hurting now. Maybe me feeding is healing it a little bit?
Well who cares I got my feed. I'm guessing Caleb is here considering he seems familiar, but where?

I decided that it would not be a good idea not to be disguised as Caleb considering I seem to stand out for some reason, so I disguised myself as Fluttershy.

"How to not hug myself?" I asked myself. "Wait a minute, my voice sounds like hers to. Think of all the shit I can start with this."

Troll mode Activated

"Nah i'll hold off. For now,"

With that sentence I walked out of the alleyway and started walking around town. The sun was stil rising but almost at it's highest peak so I gussed it was about 11:30 am
Now where would I be if I was Caleb. Lol even my thoughts sound like Fluttershy's
Okay now where would Caleb be. If he got injured the hospital, but would he really still be in there? Well it's worth a try. I thought hopefully, in voice Fluttershy's voice.
"Now where is the hospital," I muttered under my breath.



Looking around town for the hospital is harder than it looks. Not knowing where exactly everything is is hard but I finally found it on the outskirts of town. I decided whether to ask or not for help, but that would just seem suspicious. I stood outside the hospital thinking about what to and how I would execute it. I finally came to the conclusion to just go in there and fluke my way to him if he's in there. What I was going to do first is go in there and tell the pony at the front about what he looks like and see if he's been checked in. So with that planned I walked in. My back which was starting to hurt again stopped hurting when I walked in.

Huh, strange

With that thought I walked out and my back started hurting again. In and it was better. Out is was hurting.

Troll mode activated.

"Pain, no pain, pain, no pain, pain, no pain, pain, no pain, pain, no pain, pain, no pain..........." I was saying when going in and out nonstop. I cut off saying it when all the ponies that were waiting in the waiting room turned an looked at me bemused looks.

I just ignored them and hid behind my pink mane doing what Fluttershy would do. I went up to a pony who I immediately recognised as Nurse Redheart and I started asking my question like Fluttershy would.

"Oh, um... Nurse Redheart.... sorry for interrupting.. but.... could I uh-" I was cut off in mid sentence by the nurse.
"Oh hi your back already to see Silvershadow, I didn't realise you would be back so soon." she quickly answered an stated.
"Yes, Silvershadow, could you take me to him if it isn't a problem please, I've kind of um.... forgotten." I said looking down like I was embarrassed.
"Of course dear but if you have forgotten already I said we were moving him this morning follow me." she replied as she trotted off down the corridor.
I just ignored and did what she asked and followed her down the corridor looking around as we were going to 'Silvershadow'.

We entered a room where there were two white blinds covering two beds. Nurse Redheart opened the load of blind revealing a white mare pegasus, that I couldn't recognise she was sleeping. Looks like her left foreleg was dislocated or broken. The nurse then closed the blinds and went to the second lot of blinds. As she opened the next lot of blinds I saw the familiar silver coat blue and black mane.

"I'll leave you two alone as I have patients to attend to, but the others will be here soon so I'll get them to your new room here when they arrive." Redheart informed 'Silvershadow' as she walked out.

"Hi Flutteryshy," Caleb greeted me. "Your back early."
An idea formed in my mind.
"Oh yes um... sorry about that... I'll just go and wait if you want..." I replied pretending to be apologetic.
I swear I caught D'awwwwwwwwwwwwww in his eyes as he replied "No, don't be silly your already here and I don't mind.
"Maybe a hug will make me feel better." I suggested, way unlike Fluttershy, but it still somehow tricked Caleb.
As soon as I suggested that his eyes looked like they were going to jump out of his head.
Prepare to be trolled.


As he opened his forearms to embrace me in a hug he closed his eyes. I was at his bedside then gave him a hug but right before he opened his eyes I dropped my disguise and went back into my Changeling form and cleary stated.
"You, are a faggot,"
This scared the shit out of him as he heard a way deeper voice than Fluttershy speak. He flew his eyes open when I let him drop back to the bed which he was sitting up in. He was about to scream but than he recognised me. The look on his face made me laugh so hard that I was on the floor tears somehow coming out of my eyes. All the emotions coming from him were tasty so I decided to have a quick snack as I had already eaten. The emotions that passed through him were, happiness followed by anger, hatred, shock, fear (from me scaring him) and pain.
Hmm pain that aint right
"How are you." I asked with a massive grin on my face.
"You are such a fucking dickhead." He replied with the same grin. I went up to him and as I did he bucked me in head laughing.
"Hurts like a bitch doesn't it?"
"Still, worth it." I managed to reply in a gasp with red blood slowly coming out of a crack in my head. It soon eased off due to the hopsital's magic which covered the hospital and acted like a painkiller.
"Now why are you here in the hospital, and start from the start when the building crashed on you." I managed to ask after severeal minutes on the floor.


For fifteen minutes we talked about what has happened since we were seperated. He talked about the mane six which made me remember all of them and what has happened. Apparently what happened with Caleb was that when he tried to run he tripped over and got hit by falling debris but that's not why he's in hospital. He said that Twilight let him stay with her but had to work it off by helping her in the library, which I answered to by saying "Seems fair,". He explained with his memory being about to remember each and everyone of them when he saw them at the party Pinkie threw for him which was yesterday. The reason why he was in hospital, they were attacked by three Changelings last night asking for where 'Darklight' (Me) was. They were about to attack the foals Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake to get answers from the party guests but when two of them fired there green bolts Caleb jumped in the way of the two bolts and they hit him and not the foals. In this instance the mane six managed to 'scare' them off after the shock of Changelings being there subsided and got them out of their shocked state.
"Luckily the bolts they fired weren't meant to kill but merely wound their targets, I got hit on the head by one and on right forearm," Caleb finished saying with a sigh of relief from the long talk he just had to say."Also the bolts knocked me out, and I got this dream last night. I was in it and you were, it kept going dark then light than what sounded like you calling out I think I fucking get it and--," was all he able to say when I cut him off.
"Yeh I got that dream too," I was saying "But let me tell you what happened to me first."



I went through all that happened with me from being captured to escaping and to the dream, to seeing Fluttershy and then coming here. I told him they were looking for me and that my name to them was Darklight.

"Sounds like you had it rough for a bit and we picked names that stand out," he laughed at me.
"Yeh I suppose, but it wasn't THAT bad and the names do stand out." I put extra emphasis on THAT when I replied to him.
I was about to start to discuss about the dream when I something went off in my head. Not anything to do with Changelings or communicating but something that I remembered.
"Shit the mane six are coming." I exclaimed
With that sentence I quickly transformed into Nurse Redheart, the familiar green case or cocoon encasing me, and hid behind the white pegasus' blinds. Luckily the pegasus was asleep still. As soon as I went into the blinds the mane six appeared in the room accompanied by the real Nurse Redheart. They were all looking around suspiciously.



Shit I was Fluttershy before and now the real one is here with her friends. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I had to pick her didn't I?.


"Hey Silvy apparently there's another Fluttershy here where where? I wanna throw that Fluttershy a welcome party to. Ohmygosh two Fluttershys at one party that would be so cool and we could also-"

"Pinkie now is not the time to be thinking about parties, we've got an impostor or Changeling on our hands," Twilight informed and then asked Caleb "Hi Silvershadow have you seen or talken to another Fluttershy in the last half an hour?"

Caleb seemed to guess what was going and quickly replied "Yes, but that Fluttershy went as soon as the nurse left."

There was relief across Twilight's face when he answered here.
"Ok good that means they haven't done anything to you and were at the wrong place hoping the nurse would go away and go somewhere else so they could go. We are just a bit worried when we came here and the nurse told us that Fluttershy had came here about thrity minutes ago when she was at her house feeding her animals."

"It's ok nothing is wrong here. Just a little bit of a headache still from that shot to the head."

"Oh that will clear up soon you should be out of the hospital in about another thirty minutes," Redheart responded "And also I'll come get you in about twenty minutes so you can leave, but for now I have to go check up on other patients so I'll be back soon.

She took off down the long corridor or hall as far as I could tell.

"Wait you did last night was brave and the whole town has you to thank for Poundcake and Pumpkincake not being hurt."

That explains the looks I got when using him with the disguise. He's meant to be in here not out there and he saved two baby foals. Luckily they haven't noticed that there was another one of him out there in the town today.

"I just did what anyo- pony would do." He shrugged as he was sitting up in the bed.

"Man that was awesome that dive you did though it was freakin' sweet." Rainbow Dash added.

An emotion was coming off both Caleb and Rainbow Dash whenever they talked to each other.

Lol I think he's falling for RD. Love is in the air. Well it's been five minutes of them talking I better get them out of here.

As sneakly as I could I slipped out from behind the blinds towards the back of the group where the door was and coughed lightly. Each of the ponies in front of me turned and looked at me.

"I'm sorry but each of you need to go out for now for about five minutes while I discuss some of the effects that the bolts he got hit by, sorry." I said in Redhearts voice.

"Oh okay." They all said in unison looking down at that they had to go, but Rainbow Dash looked the most down which I laughed in my head evily at.

As they left I closed the door and went over to Caleb.

"Hey Nurse Redheart, what is this about side effects you said there weren't any." Caleb inquired
"That's because there is none." I said as I changed back to more normal form.
"Wha-- You sneaky bitch." He said amazed.
"Wow am I really that deceiving?" I asked curious.
"Well yes." He simply replied.
"Just like when I was human aye?" I said.
"Ye-. Um don't turn around."
"Oh god why." I said knowing that the mane six were behind, I could taste their emotions, fear and anger. But one stood out and I believe that was Pinkie Pie's as it was happiness.
"Why are they in here for."
"Good guess." Caleb said smirking
"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!" I yelled waking up the white pegasus as I ran towards the closed window.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: There I tried to make it longer and hopefully it's not bad.