• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 2,615 Views, 140 Comments

The Rebirth of War: The Story of Changelings - Anubis Nox



Two humans changed to and a Changeling and a Pony must survive a war between their races.

  • ...
17
 140
 2,615

Treatment

A/N: I don't own any of the songs that are in this story.


Click.

The walls around me seemed to press against me, well at least I thought they were walls. My breathing was becoming shallower and shallower. Something seemed to creep into the sides of my vision, it's was darker darkness?

How is that even possible?

It was a different darkness something that I could count on, it was comforting. I didn't know how darkness could comfort but it was. Infact I could swear the closing walls feeling around me was being pushed away from something within me. It felt weird.
But then the closing feeling came back but with a much stronger force, forcing the good darkness to recede back into me?

Hmm, interesting...

Then the old darkness came back as soon as the good one left. I could feel myself shrinking. Somehow.... The darkness then expanded into light in my vision, but this light was evil. There were images of ponies killing Changelings, vice versa, and there was ponies killing each other and Changelings fighting amongst themselves, but they didn't affect me as one might think. Well that was before the fighting turned to death with even more then images when they turned to 'footage' of the events. This unnerved me as I wasn't used to seeing this much death. This went on for what felt like hours but I could tell this was only a couple of seconds. What annoyed me alot was that I couldn't avert my eyes or close them and the air around my was very chilly.

This is very..... sad....

When I thought that though the images reformed and three separate ones were introduced to me repeatedly which made me saddened alot then very rageful. The first picture was and Alicorn and I staring at each other. The Alicorn looked male and had a silver coat with a blue and black mane, he had red eyes as well. I then looked 'me' who looked different though to what I did at the moment, I was HUGE and looked very spiteful there were different features to me like I had two sets of wings on me instead of one and I had a bigger horn. I was also wearing some sort of chintin armour all over my body, the Alicorn was as big as me almost. 'I' was angry but he wasn't, he seemed surprised....? That didn't make me angry though. The next one was of me with blood all over me. That pissed me off because I wouldn't think of killing anything........ well..... without a reason anyway. The third picture was actually a video and was the most vivid and caused me to flinch. It was me standing over a rugged corpse with blood all over me. All around the video there was darkness but the only place visible was the center where 'I' was standing. I looked at the body very carefully trying to pick out details that could give away who it was. It was the same Alicorn from before and I just realised he was breathing still, he also had armour which I carefully looked over. He looked up to me and said something which I couldn't hear because I was intently studying the armour. Then I hit the flank piece, which had the Ying and Yang symbol on it.

Must be his cutie mark.

I shrugged this off, until I realised.

Wait a second.

(Processing, 3, 2, 1. Processing complete.)

Realisation dawned on me.

That is Caleb's mark, so it must be Caleb? I don't know if it's him or not as we look so different?

I suddenly seemed to lift my right foreleg up and I felt a sudden rage burn within me.

Wait why am I angry for?

I suddenly brought my hoof down slamming it against Caleb's?, skull instantly crushing it and by the looks of it killed him.

Good, he's dead. Wait why is it good for I THINK I JUST KILLED MY BEST FRIEND, REGARDLESS I JUST KILLED?!?!!?

I suddenly felt myself breaking down.

WHY DID I KILL HIM?!?!?!? NO NO NO THIS IS JUST THE TREATMENT GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU FUCKING BITCH I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU REPEATEDLY!!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HEAD NOW!!!

I felt a power on my horn start channeling and looked up through my teary eyes. I realised I was still in the replays again. I actually managed to yell this time with my mouth.

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT!" I roared menacingly.

All of a sudden an aura encased my horn and a melody started playing. I was trying to calm myself but it wasn't working so a familiar song started playing

The one minute instrumental intro finished then the vocals kicked in perfectly.

"NIGHTMAAAAAARRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now your nightmare comes to life".


Dragged you down below
Down to the devils show
To be his guest forever
Peace of mind is less than never


Hate to twist your mind
But God ain't on your side
An old acquaintance severed
Burn the world your last endeavor

I then fire from my horn green magical bolts, that spread like green fire around this 'environment' causing it to flicker.


Flesh is burning
You can smell it in the air
Cause men like you have such an easy soul to steal (steal)


So stand in line while they ink numbers in your head
You're now a slave until the end of time here

Nothing stops the madness turning, haunting, yearning pull the trigger

As I sing this part I pretend to hold a gun at my head by pointing my hoof at my head and pretending to 'fire it'.


You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know that you belong here
Yeah
Oooooooh
It's your fucking nightmare
While your nightmare comes to life


Can't wake up in sweat
Cause it ain't over yet

I then proceed to hit myself and do, but do not 'wake' up from this treatment.

Still dancing with your demons
Victim of your own creation


Beyond the will to fight
Where all that's wrong is right
Where hate don't need a reason
Loathing self-assassination

You've been lied to
Just to rape you of your sight
And now they have the nerve to tell you how to feel (feel)

So sedated as they medicate your brain
And while you slowly go insane they tell ya
"Given with the best intentions, help you with your complications"

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know that you belong here
Yeah
No one to call
Everybody to fear
Your tragic fate
Is looking so clear
Yeah
Oooooooh
It's your fucking nightmare
HA! HA! HA! HA!

I started smashing everything around me, casting green fire bolts from my horn adding to the already burning environment and running up to the darkness and buck it and colliding with it. It was a wall to my 'visions' and I just had to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE. I started throw hooks, somehow standing on my hind legs for a good 10 seconds each time. The darkness seemed to start to crack, seams appearing all around the vision. The floors were cracking and the sky was cracking as well as I just hit everything I could see. I could see the evil light seeping in through the cracks in a flow filling up the vision as I was in.

As I was hoof deep in it I yelled out "COME AND GET ME YOU BITCH!" and started laughing to the next part of the song as it continued and I was back to singing the vocals. The 'liquid' light filling steadily rising.

Fight (Fight! ), not to fail (fail! )
Not to fall (fall! )
Or you'll end up like the others

Die (Die! ), die again (die! )
Drenched in sin (sin! )
With no respect for another
OH!

Down(Down! ), feel the fire(fire! )
Feel the hate(hate! )
Your pain is what we desire

Lost (Lost! ), hit the wall (wall! )
Watch you crawl (crawl! )
Such a replaceable liar

And I know you hear their voices
(Calling from above)
And I know they may seem real
(These signals of love)
But our life's made up of choices
(Some without appeal)
They took for granted your soul
And it's ours now to steal

As your nightmare comes to life

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know that you belong here
Yeah
No one to call
Everybody to fear
Your tragic fate
Is looking so clear
Yeah
Oooooooh
It's your fucking nightmare.












I just laughed maniacally until the light was half up to my chest/ torso high. It was like it was baking me very slowly, I swear it was almost liquid to. I cool feel a light headache coming on and a warm substance dripping out of my muzzle. I don't know how I could feel it through my armoured body but I could feel it. I heard the Queen's voice after 20 seconds wondering what the fuck to do.

Well this is different, some actual serious resistance, and I am having trouble holding this spell. Today's session is over. And how are there emotions coming off him....? She announced to no one in particular.


I was still raging until I felt the world going dark again and walls closing on me and the light disappearing from where I was to be replaced with the bad darkness again.

What did she mean today's?!?! Oh hell no, no, no more sessions.

Oh there will always be more sessions until you're reformed back into the hive. She cackled out loud with it echoing as I found my self awake on my side in that cave, not moving, as the entrance was reopened by another Changeling, different from the one who closed it. It's voice was the feminine one I heard after the town hall collapsed onto me.

"I trust the treatment went well my Queen." She said bowing.

"I'm afraid this one," she pointed at me, "will take some serious time to fix."

Wait, where the fuck did she come from?!?!?

"Yes Queen." The female Changeling stated before walking over to me.

"You get up, now."

I could barely move probably due to the song and all of my energy being used up but I managed to get to my hooves before collapsing.

"GET UP NOW!" she yelled.

Oh how I tried and tried, but I just couldn't. When I went down for the third time, I felt my hard shell on my right foreleg wipe across my muzzle. As it did I looked down at it and saw red liquid coming on it.

Blood? My headache was worsening as I thought of this.

The blood was starting to slow down but, I passed out from having blood from brain, dripping out of my muzzle.

My last thoughts were, I wonder what happened with the blood from me the pony took earlier andsafjosgwfijoagvsenijvoaerwinogkvpf

I think I lost it at the last word I thought. Wait is it even a word?







Meanwhile, in the Canterlot research lab. The mare Bloody Vials had concluded her results on the blood tests. Her hypothesis was awkwardly wrong from what she had suspected. She suspected it be blood from a normal pony, maybe a cross between Changeling and Pony, but not what she found out.

"I've got to tell Princess Celestia." She stated to her self solemnly, moving quickly to her designated target. Princess Celestia.

Her results for the blood test was not even remotely Equine. It was something different.

This is going to require multiple blood tests from different species. She thought to herself.

A/N: DUN DUN DUN. I felt like this chapter was a bit off, but I'll 'try' to make it up next chapter. I'm hoping to go to 5k word chapters now and am maybe just typing this nonsense so I can breach the 2k word limit right now. But anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and can't wait to start the next one.