• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 13,107 Views, 194 Comments

Confession - cerealkiller78



Overwhelmed by the stress of Anon-A-Miss, Sunset finally caves. Knowing that trying to convince her friends of her innocence is going to get her nowhere, she collapses beneath the overwhelming weight of it all

  • ...
25
 194
 13,107

chapter 2

Sunset didn't know why she had ever thought that making a false confession would help her at all.

Word got around that the account had been closed, and though, none of her "friends" had told anyone, they all already wrongly believed it had been her all along.

"What's wrong? Ran out of secrets to post?"

"Maybe someone actually told her it's illegal to post other's personal stuff, and she didn't want to get busted by the cops."

"Principal Celestia ought to have her expelled. We all know this was all her. Why should she get away with it?"

These were only a few of the things that she heard as she walked the halls. She couldn't be with the other five at all times of the day, so the times when she was alone, everybody took advantage of. At one point, she was knocked to the ground by a group of three guys.

"You think we are just going to forget about all of this Anon-A-Miss? This is not over..." One of them sneered, as another reached down and took her by the collar of her shirt.

"Get out of here while you still can in one piece."

"I don't think we should even give her the chance...." The third cracked his knuckles, and drew his fist back.

Suddenly, there was a beep from the intercom.

"Would Sunset Shimmer please report to the principal's office?"

"...Looks like you got lucky this time." He reluctantly lowered his arm, and they let her go.

Sunset, relieved, turned to get out of there, when down the hall, she spotted a familiar spikey haired male leaning against the wall, who seemed to have been witness to what had just happened.

But, rather than come talk to her, he simply turned and walked away.

"Et Tu Flash?..." She sighed sadly, and went the other way.


Upon approaching the door to Celestia's office, Sunset paused, sighed, and knocked.

"Come in." Sunset entered.

"Sunset, please have a seat." Sunset sat on the other side of the desk.

"I'm sure you know by now that Anon-A-Miss closed the MyStable account, but that has hardly done anything to quell the student body's demand for recompense to the one responsible. I can understand why... So I am taking appropriate action if necessary to find who is responsible."

And I just happened to be first on the list... Sunset thought.

"Sunset...Contrary to what everyone else may think of you, I genuinely believe you have changed. There is just too much evidence for that to try and argue against. The only reason I called you here is that the students expect it. But I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
I will ask you, like I would anyone else, and I will take your answer for complete honesty...Are you Anon-A-Miss?"

Sunset opened her mouth to say no, but stopped.

She had already made her false confession to the other five. If she were to say no, they would find out sooner or later, and ask her why she had denied to Principal Celestia, or they would tell Celestia themselves that Sunset had confessed to them, and then what would happen?..

"I..."

"Sunset?..." Celestia looked at her worriedly. "It's not you right?... Tell me it's not you."

"It...is." There was a long silence. Whoever Anon-A-Miss really was had just taken what was left of Sunset's heart, soul, and will to go on, and stomped it all to the ground.

"I...I don't understand Sunset.... Why would you do this after...everything? It doesn't make any sense."

She sounded so disappointed. Sunset leaned down and put her head in her hands. She sounded too much like her mentor in Equestria for her to bear it.

"Sunset, I...I really have no other choice...You are expelled from being my student."

With that, the tears burst forth. This was Equestria all over again.

"You...You can clean out your locker..." Celestia said quietly. Sunset knew that was a dismissal... a final dismissal. She got up and left without another word.


"While she was cleaning her locker out, Dash came out of her class.

"Hey skipper. Skippin?" She greeted.

Sunset sighed. "No Dash."

"Really? Don't you have class right now?"

"Not anymore..."

"What do you mean?"

"I got called to Celestia's office...I'm done." She put the last book in her backpack.

"Done, as in?..."

"Done, as in done. I got expelled."

"You...Is this about Anon-A-Miss?"

"please don't bring it up right now..."

"...Maybe we could-"

"Don't bother. I'm getting physical threats here anyway. Probably best that I leave..."

"Where will you go?.."

"...Back."

"...Back?..." Dash repeated, afraid of the answer.

"Back." Sunset confirmed. "To Equestria."

"You...You're leaving?..."

"I got nothing else here." She picked up her backpack.

"You'll come back though, right?...Every so often?"

"....I honestly don't know." Sunset turned and walked away.

"What about us? We're your friends!" Sunset didn't stop. Friends?...She wasn't sure she even knew the meaning of the word anymore.


Once outside, she took out her journal.

Twilight, you know how you told me to find my family the last time we talked?
I think I finally know who they are...

With that, she picked up her backpack, and went through the portal.