• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 4,768 Views, 163 Comments

The Word Became Ponified - ArthemistheSwordsman



Twilight finds herself in possession of a mysterious artifact: A Bible! What could this book mean?!?

  • ...
28
 163
 4,768

...Or the Hard Way

“Uh, hello?” Twilight muttered nervously. This human’s voice was much shriller than Charles’s voice. It had a sort of grating on her eardrums, but that was ignored by his overall creepiness.

“Yes, hello.” The man spoke in a calm tone, which would probably seem friendlier if he didn’t look and sound like a serial killer. “What is your name, little unicorn?”

“M-me?” She said, starting to calm down. She wasn’t very successful, considering she had only learned of human existence a few days ago, and the two she had seen were almost exact opposites. “My name is Twilight Sp-Sparkle.”

“Ah. Alright Twilight, my name is Jauffre.” The man spoke. Twilight was certain she had heard that before. But where?

Jauffre reached his hand slowly towards her face. She backed her neck up slowly, but his long reach was too fast. He tapped on her horn with his index finger. “This isn’t just for show, is it? Are you magically gifted?”

“Y-yes, Jauffre.” She answered, waiting for a moment where she could bring up her questions. But Jauffre started up a bit of a monologue.

“Good! Finally, a sentient being with knowledge of the finer arts! You wouldn’t believe how pathetic the rest of the human race is in that field! Why, they all treat magic like the stuff of dreams and fairy tales, when it is really the greatest power known to life! Bah! Makes me feel ashamed to share a species with those imbeciles. But enough about me and my problems, you clearly wouldn’t be daft enough to come out towards something new without a reason. What did you want? Come on, spit it out!”

Twilight seized the opportunity. “Well, Jauffre, I have a few questions…”

“And I probably have answers, but I’m not so idiotic to explain my quest to something I’ve just met. Hopefully you can see that logic, or else this will get really difficult in a matter of trust.” Jauffre snapped back. His words seemed to be potent and commanding just in how they were said. This man could probably make a dragon bawl with either his glare or his speech.

“Oh, okay…” The unicorn murmured, nervous from the magician’s glare. “Wh-what do I have to do to earn your t-trust?”

“For starters, relax. I’m not here to hurt you.” He answered, patting her on the head. “I’m here looking for something else. Something that’s not supposed to be here, and that I need to destroy.”

Twilight began to sweat a bit, but she sighed and tried to relax. She was able to calm herself a bit more, but she kept her guard up. This man still looked fearsome.

“How about a deal, equine? We both want information, so how’s this sound; for every question you ask, I get to ask you one after my answer, and it goes from there. Sound fair?” He clapped his hands together and rubbed them, giving him a sort of begging appearance.

Twilight thought for a moment, and then looked Jauffre in the eyes (not easy) and asked “What do you know about Jesus?”

Jauffre stopped rubbing his hands, and his eyes widened. His face twitched into a smile, and then he burst into a horrid laugh. It pierced the air with its shrillness, and many animals fled to their homes in fear. The canyon’s echo really amplified the sinister air to it. Twilight couldn’t tell whether it was more perverted or sadistic, but either way it made her uneasy all over again. She also hoped with all her might that they weren’t in an avalanche zone.

“It seems your question has answered several of my own already!” He said, with his corrupt joy still in his speech. “He’s the supposed son of God or something. Now, for my question. I assume that you already know what a human is, by how you approached me unafraid and have some knowledge of our religions. But will you confirm my presumptions?”

Twilight sighed with relief at the simple question. “Yes, I know some few things about your kind. But only barely and recently. Now, my next query; what do you know about God? Could you elaborate?”

“I know that he has caused wars, genocides, hatred, the fall of empires, maniacs, and a huge amount of strife. All in his supposed name, or against it. Heck, usually both.” The man answered, smirking once more. He chuckled after looking at Twilight’s face.

She couldn’t believe it. She wouldn’t believe it. The first human she talked to spoke of God as if he knew him casually as an ultimate being of benevolence. Now, this man speaks of him as a vicious tyrant and catalyst of violence! Who was telling the truth? Twilight’s entire view of humans was thrown off, along with her ideals about God.

“Now for my next request.” Jauffre resumed. “Have you seen a man named Charles, perchance?”

Twilight gasped in shock, because then it hit her; she was talking to Jauffre, the sorcerer who tricked Charles and sent him here out of his will! This man was definitely not as friendly as he tried to prove. She began to back up slowly, forcing the man to grow impatient.

“You can’t simply back up from a request. Come on, you claimed you were a magician, so act like the civilized beast you are and answer me!” His statement ended with a shout.

“GUYS!!” Twilight shouted before making a break back to her bush. Her friends understood the signal immediately. Rainbow and Aben nodded in unison before launching their assault.

Jauffre started running after Twilight, and his hands were enveloped in raw fire. He began swiping his hands at her, throwing great lumps of flame towards her. Luckily, she knew well how to dodge magic from her own experiences shooting it herself and avoided the shots in time for her friends to engage.

Rainbow did a full-body dive-bomb into the man, which caught him off-guard and threw him back. Aben was running at him with his blade raised.

Jauffre shook his head and opened his eyes, only to see a sword placed over his throat and the unhappy faces of two ponies. But their faces changed from displeasure to puzzlement when he smiled at them. His right hand began to glow with a dark aura, and neither of the ponies noticed before he launched it straight into Aben’s chest and sent him flying off of him. Rainbow watched the stallion, her face wrought with awe at the human’s power. She was paralyzed with fear, but her reflexes saved her in the nick of time, as she saw a charge in the corner of her peripheral and dodged the blow launched at her from the menacing man. She then flew upwards and prepared for another dive bomb assault.

This time, however, Jauffre had expected this attack. He shifted his weight, and his hands got into another dark aura. Right when Dash entered contact range, he put his hands forward, with palms open. They collided with Dash’s hooves and stopped her solid. Her face began to twist in pain as he began squeezing her hooves with an iron grip. His own face smiled with sadistic victory.

Fortunately, in his tussle with Dash, he did not notice that Twilight had been charging a magic blast. Now that Jauffre was still, she could easily blast him. And that’s just what she did. The burst launched him back into the canyon wall a few feet away. Dash tried running back, but she screamed in pain as she put weight on her misshapen, obviously broken front hooves. She flapped back and watched the man with a glare, rightfully blaming him for her pain.

“You’re going to pay for what you did to Dash!” Twilight yelled before charging towards the man. He quickly scrambled to his feet and his hands began to glow again. Twilight recognized the magic signature of his hands and slowed her run to a jog before her assumptions were confirmed; Jauffre teleported in a flash of light. Twilight and Rainbow looked around frantically for the fiendish sorcerer. Two dreadful screams revealed his position, and was confirmed when a bruised Spike landed in front of the bush they were hiding in earlier. Twilight was about to continue her assault, but both she and Dash froze solid when they saw Jauffre.

He was standing in the bush. A malicious grin of revenge split his face, and the blood dripping from his nose gave him a gaze more monster than man. But more frightening than his face was what he was doing. He held up Fluttershy, with one arm putting her in a headlock and his hand wrapped on her muzzle. Her position was such that she couldn’t open her wings, but that didn’t stop her from trying. Eventually Jauffre just got tired of her struggling and added pressure to his hold. A loud crack was heard and a muffled shriek of pain rang from the captive.

“LET HER GO!!” Rainbow shouted in anger, raising her hoof at Jauffre only to flinch it back in pain.

“Not another move or your friend dies!” The man returned, flipping his other arm out. The hand became alive with energy and cackled with electricity. He slowly drew it closer to Fluttershy’s face, causing her to cease her squirming. Her gaze was fixed sternly on the lethal limb, and she stopped her moving immediately, paralyzed with fear. In reality, she was wondering why she hadn’t fainted in terror yet.

Twilight and Rainbow remained completely still. He had them right where he wanted them. The unicorn tried to think of what she could do without causing too much noise to potentially free her friend.

Just when she was figuring something out, a snapping noise was heard near the bush. Twilight lost her concentration, and Jauffre took it as a sign of an ambush.

“NICE TRY!!” He shouted at the nothing behind him. His hand drew back, preparing for a final strike. “DIE, PEGASUS!!” He shouted before throwing his charged fist towards Fluttershy’s face. The ponies all shut their eyes, bracing for blood and hoping not to witness the execution.

A loud scream rang through the air, followed by one that was more in agony than anger. They rang in unison for quite some time. They were surprisingly masculine cries, Twilight noted. After the screams, the sound of rampant hoof-steps in panic was heard.

Twilight opened her eyes to another one of the greatest oxymorons she had ever seen: a gruesome, yet reassuring, image. Jauffre was standing with his head back and his arms out, and a sword was stabbed through his chest. The steps were Fluttershy running towards her friends.

“I’m glad you threatened death, now rule 20 is off.” A familiar voice said, panting behind Jauffre. The man was kicked off of the blade. He crawled away backwards, gasping for air and grunting in pain, leaving a trail of blood on the dusty canyon floor. Behind him was the familiar form of Aben Teuer, hoof-blade drawn and intense vengeance radiating from his brow.

“Listen here human.” Aben said, pointing his blade straight at the man’s face. Jauffre’s eyes stared at the blood-dripping blade with terror. “You’ve hurt me; I’ll forgive you. You’ve injured my friends; again I’ll forgive you. But if you dare touch Fluttershy again…”

Jauffre tried crawling back and was rewarded for his cowardice with a hearty stomp on the chest from the stallion. He would’ve screamed from the pain but he was too busy coughing up blood. Aben’s stern gaze met his shivering eyes.

“YOU. WILL. PAY!!!” Aben shouted before stomping on the man once more, prompting another cadaver blood.

“Ugh…” Jauffre moaned, clutching his chest. “…I can’t…die here…ugh…”

Twilight ran to Spike and began to see his condition. He was simply unconscious more from shock than from the second-degree burn on his back. After all, dragons are fireproof, so the burn would probably wear off in a few hours.

“Hear me, ponies…” Jauffre muttered. “…that Bible…will destroy…your world…I tried…to ERK! stop it…but your…ignorance will…doom you…good bye…”

Suddenly, his hands started glowing a new purple tone. Aben took heed and prepared a final strike, but it was in vain. Jauffre burst in a flash of purple light, without any trace other than the massive puddle of blood he left.

“Don’t worry, Aben.” Twilight affirmed, levitating her wounded assistant onto her back. “That was the same spell Charles used to return home. We’re not seeing him any time soon.”

“I sure hope not.” Aben said, still panting. Twilight noticed something weird about the adventurer. His eyes seemed oddly dark, despite the passion in them. It was as if Aben wasn’t really there. Also, the way he was panting didn’t seem like a tired panting at all, but more of a relaxing deep-breath pattern. But before she could note this anymore he shook his head and returned to normal composure.

“Fluttershy! Are you alright?!” He shouted running and kneeling towards the seated pegasus.

“Y-yeah…” She said in gasps. She was crying more from her trauma than from her wounds, and just regained composure from hyperventilating recently. After all, the most violence she had seen before was from her predatory animals, and she always looked away when they ate. Now she had just witnessed a monster come from nowhere and attack herself and her friends with the intention to kill.

She tried standing, but she squeaked in pain and fell back down, cringing. The reason was clear; she tried opening her wings for balance, but they couldn’t stay out. A few bloodied feathers fell, revealing where the pop from earlier was. She sat shivering in pain and fear, tears dripping from her face.

Aben put his hoof around her neck, stopping her shivering. He looked her in the eyes. “Now listen closely, Fluttershy. No matter what happens next or what else opposes us, I swear on my very life to protect you. I will not allow any further harm to be done to you, especially after this. I promise.”

Fluttershy remained absolutely still. Tears were stills dropping from her face, but otherwise there was no motion. Aben took this as a sign of her not really getting it, so he did one of the few things he didn’t think he’d ever do this soon, to make her get it. He put his second hoof around Fluttershy, and embraced her in a hug.

This snapped into Fluttershy. She took in what he said, because with the added physical feeling, she was able to comprehend it. While she absorbed the depth of the promise, she also noticed her face turning a bit crimson. After all, this was the first time a stallion has hugged her. Not knowing what to do, she returned the hug, crying into the stallion’s strong shoulder.

At the return of the hug Aben found himself blushing a bit too, and his head was exploding with thoughts ranging from ‘Oh gosh I’m hugging her’ to ‘What have I gotten myself into this time?’ and ‘Hope we’ll have the proper medicine for these wounds’. But overall, he banished these thoughts and secured Fluttershy.

Nothing, he swore to himself. Nothing will ever hurt you again.

Twilight smiled at the two crying ponies, but immediately turned her attention to Spike. She sighed with relief upon looking him over.

“Looks like he’s more unconscious from shock than the burn. It should go away in a few hours.” She said, levitating her assistant onto her back. “But it looks like Rainbow and Fluttershy could use some real medical attention.”

Aben broke from the hug and regained composure. “Yes, so we’ll need to find shelter. Looks like our arrival in Canterlot has been delayed.”

“So, where are we going to find a safe, yet hidden, hiding place?” Rainbow asked, still floating. “I need to rest before my wings give up.”

“There was a decently well-hidden tunnel where I got launched. It’s already behind a bush and surrounded by thick trees, and it’s not on the path to Canterlot. Stab doesn’t know we’re having a delay.” He explained. “Let’s get moving.”

“Alright, let’s go. I don’t think I want to be near so much blood anymore.” Twilight said, cringing at the giant puddle between them.

“I agree.” Fluttershy said, standing again.


While they were walking, Twilight approached Aben again. He had a feeling he knew what she was going to discuss.

“So, Aben, what was that you were doing with Fluttershy?” He was right.

“Look at her.” He replied. “I can tell. She’s like other people I’ve had to protect; she’s not used to this level of danger. She’s going to need all the assurance she can get. I’m just doing my job. She needs all the help she can get to be strong.”

“Oh, okay.” The unicorn said. She started trotting back to her friends when Aben turned back.

“Twilight?” He said, smiling a bit.

“Yes?” She smirked back.

“I’ll admit, I liked that hug a bit.”

Comments ( 21 )

I apologize for any cheesiness. This chapter was a bit difficult to think up, I revised it at least three times.
But, I hope it came out rather well. Meh.:unsuresweetie:

I'm going to give this a chance. The internet is not really a nice place to discuss religion, but I'd like to see the way things would turn out in a storyline like this.

Basically, like what AlicornPreist said. :derpytongue2:

Nice one so far... but what is Twi going to come away from this thinking of human magic-users, not to mention the Bible itself?! :rainbowhuh:

Dem Feels. :twilightsmile:
Yeah, this was the obligatory "cheesy romance" chapter, but it also had a fun fight sequence. Well done, indeed, sir. However, be careful that you don't become prey to the pitfall of writing the fight scenes as "describing a movie sequence." It's easy to fall into that trap, and you almost did here.

For anypony who cares, I will be at Equestria LA. I'll be wearing my trench coat, and my badge will say 'Aben Teuer'. You could also detect me by my fedora with a chopstick in it. Maybe I'll see some of you there, or not. But whatever!

WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!:raritycry:

2077074
Y'know, you're right. And actually, thanks. This explains my wall. I've been giving this thing a look through and man it did NOT turn out like I had originally planned. I've got a crap ton of editing to do, and to go where I had originally planned would make no sense from here. I'm looking to revise a lot, like equal to one of them extreme makeovers.

Speaking of, I'm gonna ask those few readers I have. I'm considering starting this up and building it better than this. Consider this a rough draft. Should I continue this roughie that's not so good, or should I try again and make it actually pretty decent?

2109496 I think that it is your story and you should do what you like with it to make it better. I know how frustrating it is to get far and realize that it didn't come out as you wanted.
Either way God bless and to Twilight while I'm at it. :pinkiehappy:

Is God gona make an appearance?

Hey everyone! Guess what! I'm not dead!

Yeah, it's been a while since i've been updating this...life piles on stuff and crap happens. But i'm not gonna abandon this story anytime soon.

Chapter 15 is in the middle of its revisions. I'm not sure when i'll have it done but just know that this is still being worked on, for what it's worth! :twilightsheepish:

No offense, but I sort of expected a fanfic about the Bible to have more to do with... the Bible. I'm not really invested in this adventure that the story has shifted to.

EDIT: Sorry if that was a bit harsh, but I was more interested in the possible theological aspects.

Will this be updated/finished soon?

I'm still wondering why they haven't sent a letter to Princess Celestia yet. Something that says, "As your student I'm concerned about this and a little frightened of the guards so I'm bringing this artifact directly to you because you're the only one I trust for guidance." rather than, "Three of the Elements have been corrupted by a mythical artifact from beyond our dimension and have gone rogue, possibly to plot the destruction of all we know and hold dear." You'd think the Princess would be able to call off her own guards.

2926976 I can hardly wait for more

3408252 This is why I'd always rather say "It could've been better."

(I think I have OCD)

I like what you've done so far. The two faces of God aspect hits home for me...

If you did have a different path in mind for the story and do a rewrite, don't just make this version vanish:fluttercry:

When will this be updated? If it's ok to ask thst is

When will you continue?!?! :flutterrage: PLZ?!?!?! :fluttercry::fluttercry::scootangel::scootangel::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

Let me know when you update again

What about the Satanic Bible

9608438
You mean the Book Of Enoch also?

Login or register to comment