• Published 17th Aug 2016
  • 1,721 Views, 60 Comments

Blades and Crystals: An MLP and Gravity Falls Crossover - 78_Percent_Eggs



Dipper and Mabel open a portal, blah blah blah.... but what if this time it actually gets interesting?

  • ...
2
 60
 1,721

Chapter 5: First Impressions (Part 1)

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long! School and stuff...:rainbowwild:

Also, I refer to Dipper and Mabel as "colt" and "filly". This is because in Equestria, they don't have words like "boy", "girl", "woman", or "man".

Instead they say "colt", "filly", "mare", and "stallion".

So when It's the PPOV (Pony's Point Of View (That was a reference:derpytongue2:.)), that's what they use to describe them.

Idea from Arkansanddragon

If you like my story, then check out theirs!!!:scootangel:

Dipper stood staring slack-jawed at the 9 pastel horses staring back at him.

Nobody moved for 10 seconds, terrified at the prospect of breathing.

Dipper blinked 5 times.

Then began laughing hysterically.

The ponies expressions turned from shock to worry.

“Oh MAN, this is good. Mabel, you little troll, Once I snap outta this, your gonna get it!”

He began rolling on the floor, tears of mirth sparkling in the corners of his eyes.

The horses looked at one another with worry evident on their faces.

As sudden as it started, the laughing ceased. All the horses looked back at Dipper. His eyes were bulging in fear.

“I’m… Conscious….” Dipper knew something was wrong. Very wrong. He knew that the ponies standing in front of him couldn’t possibly be real, yet would he really hallucinate about being in a cell? And about Mabel being knocked out? He looked towards the steel wall and slowly stretched out a hand to meet it.

It made contact. It was real. It was physical. He could feel it under his hand.

His breath began to come quicker. If Mabel didn’t drug me with the remaining Smile Dip from the convenience store then what…?

Then the memories hit him like a freight train with a thousand elephants tied to it.

A Dusty temple … That dagger-thing… the Purple portal… The castle...crystal hallways… a Frying pan…

He looked back at the horses with a look of terror. Their faces displayed a mixture of curiousity and fear.


Twilight looked back at her friends.

They made a small motion with their heads that said “go on” and backed up a couple of steps. Twilight gulped and turned around, taking a few steps forward.

She looked the colt in the eye, and he looked back into hers, scared out of his wits.

This is it, she thought. This is it!! Although she appeared stressed on the outside, she was internally doing cartwheels just thinking about what she about what she was going to accomplish for science. I’m about to have a conversation with a species probably never discovered!

She opened her mouth and…

She was met with an ear-splitting shriek from the colt.

She shrieked back.

Stumbling backwards, she bumped into her friends and fell backwards, bringing Rarity and Fluttershy with her.


Dipper screamed until he thought his lungs might concave. He didn’t care how girly it sounded. The only thought he had running through his mind was how freaking terrified he was.

Throwing his spaghetti arms in the air, he ran in a couple of circles before skidding in front of Mabel on his knees and shaking her frantically.

The horses were helping up the purple unicorn and the others she knocked down with her.

“MABELMABELMABELMABELMABELMABEL!!!!! Wake up! WAKE UP!!

“..*snore*?”

SLAP

“Ahhhhhhh!!!! The people! They want my Knitting needles!!” She screamed causing Dipper to cover his ears. “Help me Dip…”

Then she noticed the ponies

...

All hell broke lose on their ears.


Twilight winced as the female screamed bloody murder. How much yelling until they actually started talking? She didn’t want to wait and find out.

As soon as the filly stopped yelling, Twilight sucked in a breath and began talking before someone started screaming again.

“Hi, and before we start screaming again, I am Twilight Sparkle. Who and what are you?”

Silence. Well, except the filly who had her face pressed against the door and made whimpers of excitement constantly, a whole universe reflected in her bulging eyes.

The colt glanced over at his sister and poked her shoulder, gaining no response or even a blink. He looked bravely at Twilight and inhaled.

“Umm… My name is D-

“Ahhhhh! You’re PONIES!! And you can talk!! Your journal didn’t say anything about talking ponies, Dip! Oh my gosh Oh my gosh, we are going to have soooo much fun together!! I-I can braid your manes and-” she pointed a finger at Rarity. “Oh my GOSH I love your hair!!! And yours!!! AND YOURS!!! Oh my gosh, what’s on your butt? Is that a tattoo? Or were you born with it? I like the pink pony’s!!! Do you have names? I have the perfect names for-”

Pinkie Pie shoved her way to the front of the cage and pressed her muzzle against the glass

“Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie! I love making new friends!!! Are you a monkey? I love monkeys! Do you like parties? I love parties!!”

“I DO TOO!!”

“Oh my gosh we are going to have so much fun!! Do you like cake? Is your favorite color vermillion? What is your opinion on lasagna? Is that a pizza on your sweater? I ate pizza for lunch! What are the red circles?”

“Oh right, ponies are vegetarian! It’s called ‘pepperoni’.”

“What’s ‘peeperoonee?’”

“It’s-”

Both were cut off abruptly by two beings clearing their throats and glaring at them: Twilight and the female’s brother.

Both Pinkie and the filly blushed and slowly backed off.

Twilight stepped forward once more. “Hi. As I said, my name is Twilight Sparkle. Right now, you are being held in Canterlot, and I would to ask you a few questions, if you don’t mind.”

She got blinks in response. Sighing, she asked her question anyways. “Who and what are you, and why were you in my house? Don’t you creatures know that it’s rude to break and enter into somepony's home, especially a princess?”

The colt opened his mouth to answer but was cut off by his sibling...again.

“Princess? You’re a PRINCESS? OMG!! So, are you all like, princesses? That castle was yours? It was so sparkly. And pretty! And cool! And-”

Her brother lightly smacked her over the head, him getting stink eye in return. He turned and narrowed his eyes at Twilight.

“Okay, Miss...Sparkle. I’ll answer your question, only if you answer my question first.” He said with an air of suspicion and distrust.

Twilight rolled her eyes, tired.

“Fine, fine, what?”

“I want you to answer the same question you asked me.”

Twilight looked at the colt in confusion. “Huh?”

“Who and what are you?”

“What do you mean? We’re ponies of course. Every creature in Equestria knows what ponies are.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Equestria? Where is that? Are we in South America or something? No wait…an equine is a horse, so Equestria must be relating to horses… I’ve never… I don’t…” He began to pace and mutter until he stopped in his tracks and put his hands on his head, clutching several bunches of his brown hair. He whipped around to face Twilight, pointing a trembling...claw(?) at her.

“ARE WE ON PLANET EARTH?”

The alicorn didn’t understand. “What?”

“What planet are we on?”

“You don’t know what planet you’re on? It seems to me like your species has a pretty advanced society, based on the flashlight we found and by the…”

“Answer me!!”

“Okay, okay, ummm, Terra?

The colt blinked uncomprehendingly for what seemed like the millionth time today.

He put his head in his hands and leaned against the wall, muttering again.

“Screaming doesn’t solve problems, screaming doesn’t solve problems, screaming doesn’t solve problems…”

His sister still sat in the corner of the cell, in the same place she had been for the last five minutes, hypnotized by the ponies in front of her. Twilight couldn’t recall the last time she blinked.


Dipper sat up once again and faced the purple unicorn.

“You still haven’t answered all my questions.” His voice was trembling, still a little freaked at the prospect of being on a completely different planet.

“I told you, my name is Twilight, and I’m a pony.”

“I have more questions.”

“So do I!”

They glared at each other for a while until the purple unicorn broke the silence and her expression changed from annoyance to pity.

“Listen, I’m sorry for being a little...pushy. I know you must be scared, I mean, you woke up in a cell! And you both seem very young! I’m just confused. Getting two strange creatures in your house in the middle of the night is a little scary. Especially when they steal your food.” She lifted an eyebrow. “But the point is, I know we got off on the wrong hoof, but do you think maybe we can pretend all the events that occurred last night can be forgotten? Maybe we can work out the problem and listen to both sides of the story.”

Dipper stood silent for while, unable to process the hor-pony’s sudden change in attitude.

“You’re...forgiving me? Just like that?”

“What can I say? As the Princess of Friendship, it’s my duty to spread kindness everywhere.”

“...okaaaay…”

“So why were you both in my castle last night? Oh wait, sorry. First, do you both have names?”

“Uhh… yeah. I’m Dipper, and this is my sister, Mabel.” he said, gesturing to his twin.

“Hmmm?” She shook her head a couple of times, free from her trance. “Oh, right. Hi! My name is Mabel! I’m soooooooo excited to be meeting you all! We are going to have so much fun once we get to the Shack, I could show you to…”

“Mabel, didn’t you hear my conversation with, um, Twilight?”

“Nuh-uh”

“She said we were somewhere called ‘Equestria’ and on a planet called ‘Terra.’ We’re not even on Earth Mabel, or in our solar system, for that matter. Well, least when we get back, if we get back, we can safely say that life exists on other planets.”

Mabel said nothing. Then she said *snort*. Then she said,

“WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! DIP, I WANNA GO HOME. I LOVE THE PONIES, BUT I DON’T WANNA BE A GIBBILLION MILES AWAY FROM MOM AND DAD AND GRUNKLE STAN!!!!!!”

She buried her face in Dipper’s vest and he gently patted her head.

“It’s okay, Mabel. Maybe...it won’t be too bad? Maybe...um, Twilight and her friends can help us?”

“*Sniiiiiiiiiiff* okaay…”

Just then, the cyan pony with the rainbow mane came butting into the front.

“Hold on a sec, did you say you're from another PLANET? So, you’re like, aliens.”

“... I guess?”

“That...is...AWESOME!” She approached the glass and put a hoof against it. “Hi. Name’s Rainbow Dash. Fastest flier in Equestria. Well, second fastest to the Wonderbolts.”

Mabel cocked her head to the left, still drying her tears. “Wonderbolts?”

A pained look came across Rainbow’s face. “Man, I feel bad for you… The Wonderbolts are an elite team of fliers that perform all across Equestria!” she explained, making a broad sweeping motion with her hoof and extending her wings.

“OMG! Can you fly with those?”

“Fly with these?” Rainbow snorted. She shot in the air and did 4 backflips. “I can SOAR with these.”

Mabel gave a small squeal of delight.

Dipper cleared his throat. “Uh, question. Are all of you ponies? Like, the world is inhabited with you guys?”

“Well, I don’t actually know. In Equestria, yes. It is inhabited by ponies of all kinds. Well, there are some other creatures that live here. For example, there is a small area in the Southeast where dragons live, and a little to the north lies Griffonstone, a civilization of Griffons right of the coast of the Celestial Sea. But we still don’t know what lies beyond some of our oceans and jungles. Our planet has not yet been fully explored. ”

“Okay…”

Twilight shook her head. “I’m getting off topic now, back to the whole planet thing. Are you sure about that?”

Dipper raised an eyebrow. “Oh I don’t know, magic talking unicorns totally live on Earth and have a ginormous civilization that we humans have completely overlooked with our giant satellites.”

Twilight snatched a piece of paper from a desk and embraced a pen in wavy purple substance Dipper could only describe as magic. Her horn was wrapped in the same substance. She was jotting down notes furiously.

“How are you…” Mabel began, only to remember the last time she had seen that purple mass, which had stricken the chest of her brother and knocked him unconscious.

She felt her rage inexplicably swell.

“You buttface!” she shrieked, causing all the ponies in the room to reel back. She pressed her face against the glass. If looks could kill, Twilight would be a fiery mountain of meat by now.

“How dare you hurt my brother! Last night! In the castle! What did he ever do to you?!?”

Twilight gave her an apologetic look. “I am deeply sorry for casting a knockout spell on you two. I felt scared and threatened. I hope you can forgive me.” She rubbed one of her forelegs against the other in a sheepish manner.

Mabel’s smile returned. “That’s okay! Pfffffft!” She said with a wave of her hand. “I probably would have done the same thing, but since I don’t have magic, I would have karate chopped whoever was in my house to bits and put the bits in my vat of Mabel-juice!” She said with a smile that would give Jeff the Killer a run for his money.

All the ponies shifted uncomfortably, including Dipper.

“So...uh…are you going to introduce us to the rest of your friends?” Dipper said, quieter than usual.

Twilight’s face lit up like the 4th of July. “Of course! Well, you already met Rainbow Dash, so let me have you meet the others. This is Fluttershy, she loves and cares for critters of all kinds, this is Rarity, she’s a fashionista. This is Applejack, she and her family own a large farm on the outskirts of Ponyville, the town that we live in. Here’s Pinkie Pie, who you also met. She’s an expert party thrower and baker! Her cupcakes are amazing! This is Starlight Glimmer, she’s my student and is currently taking my course in friendship. My brother, Shining Armor, is the captain of the royal guard and co-ruler of the crystal empire. This is Spike, the dragon, he’s my number one assistant. And this, is Dr. Clawhauser, monster and creature specialist of Canterlot.”

When each pony/dragon had their name called, they said hello in their own fashion.

Fluttershy hid behind her hair and looked down at the ground.

Rarity tossed her hair with a brush of her hoof, as if flirting.

Applejack crossed her forelegs and closed her eyes, a warm smile etched on her face.

Pinkie jumped in the air, grabbed a party popper from seemingly thin air, popped it, then began doing the robot.

Starlight gave a small wave with her hoof, so did Spike and Shining Armor.

Dr. Clawhauser...well, wasn’t paying attention. She was on the other side of the room, tending to some sort of bat that highly resembled a strawberry.

That brought Dipper to his next question.

“Where, um, exactly are we?”

Twilight turned to him. “I told you, Equestria. Do you suffer from short-term memory loss?”

He felt his face go red. “What? N-no! I mean…” He gestured to the creatures in the cages.

“Oh!” Now it was Twilight’s turn to go red. “Sorry.”

“S’fine.”

“Umm, well, you’re being held in Clawhauser’s lab full of magical beasts and animal test subjects.”

“TEST SUBJECTS?!?!” Mabel and Dipper both screamed at the same time.

A panicked look rained on Twilight’s face. “Not you! Don’t worry! No pony’s going to hurt you!”

The twins slightly relaxed at this yet still seemed slightly unnerved.

“So why are we being held here, if we’re not test subjects?” Dipper gave Twilight a gentle glare.

“Did you expect us to carry you around all day? Shining had to lug you around for 4 hours! We had to find somewhere to keep you. Plus we didn’t know if you’d be hostile or not.”

Mabel stepped in. “Well, I think you know now that we’re umm, not hostile? Sooo, can you open the door? Mabel want out.” she said with a stomp of her foot.

Twilight gave them both a smug look and bent down slightly, leveling their eye-contact.

“You have not answered all of my questions yet. And boy, do I have a lot for you.” She said, waving 7 pages of cramped and sloppy writing titled, 'Questions to ask Dipper and Mable' in front of the glass.

The twins feelings of uncomfortableness began to sky-rocket.