• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 7,947 Views, 585 Comments

Halo: X Team in Equestria - The Good Dark Lord



A team of 6 OC SPARTANS from a FANON version of the Halo universe end up in Equestria. Crack ensues.

  • ...
49
 585
 7,947

Don't Pick Fights

*ZZT*

"Come on..."

*ZZT*

"...Almost there..."

*VVVRRRUUUUMMM*

"...There we go."

Braden's shields fully recharged. Since the crash, the SPARTAN's energy shields had temporarily shut down, and needed time to replinish themselves. The shock absorbers were also damaged, so in the time since the crash it would have taken a very well placed, well trained kick to the head to knock one of the SPARTANs out unconsious.

Suck it up butthurts I needed that to happen in the previous chapter to advance the plot. Aren't retcons great? No, seriously, get over it.

**********

"... And that's what happened." Fluttershy finished.

"When I get my hooves on that thing..." Rainbow Dash angerly said.

"Don't talk like that! W-what if this is all some big misunderstanding?"

"Fluttershy, you just told us that a large unknown monster tried to sneak up on you with a weapon. If Shining Armor and the other guards hadn't shown up... I don't want to think about what might have happened."

Fluttershy gave a defeated look to the ground. "Oh... okay... EEP!"

The ponies turned around to see what had scared Fluttershy. Nine guards who were initially with Shining Armor earlier had entered Ponyville while levitating the three creatures Fluttershy had described to her friends, three guards to a single creature. Fortunatly, the creatures were still unconsious, but that did not stop heads from turning.

To Twlight and the others these things were absolutly alien. None of them had mouths, ears, or noses as far as they could tell. They had hands and fingers, but their feet more or less seemed hoof- like, but all in all they looked bipedal in nature. Their skin appeared to be made of some kind of armor with the occasonal soft spot. And the only one of them that appeared to have "normal eyes" was the steely black creature. The red one had a strange single rectangular eye in the middle of its face, while the green one's entire face was a mirror.

Wait, the red one!

"Fluttershy, isn't that the one that tried to, ya know?"

"Y-yes." Fluttershy fearfully answered as the guards passed by carrying the creatures.

Twilight approached one of the guards. "Um, excuse me, sir?"

A bead of sweat rolled off the guard's snout. "Ugh, what is it?"

"What are those creatures?"

"Haven't got a clue, except that they're hostile. Captain Shining Armor gave us orders to toss these buckers into the Canterlot dungeons."

"...Are they heavy?"

The guard gave an exhausted huff. "PAINFULLY."

"Wait, where's Shining Armor?"

"He and the others continued onward with the mission. Now if you don't mind, I need to concentrate."

Twilight left the guard alone as he and the others continued onward to Canterlot. She had gotten her answers, but seeing the creatures only concerned her even MORE for her brother's safety. "Please make it back okay B.B.B.F.F...." She thought to herself.

**********

Braden checked the supply crates in the Longsword. There was enough food, water, and ammo in them for the SPARTANs for one week. "Well, it could be worse." The SPARTAN stepped out of the supply room and exited the Longsword. He looked around at the clearing. There was no sign of the others. It was quiet.

Too quiet...

A red blip appeared on Braden's motion tracker twenty feet directly ahead of him. He whipped out his BR and aimed it at the treeline, waiting for whatever was there to reveal itself. After a tense twelve seconds, a pony stepped out before him. A pony dressed in shining armor.

**********

Apparently Shining Armor's suspicions were correct. The flying creature the Princesses had seen earlier and the creatures the guards had knocked out were related. He had come to this conclusion because the new creature before him appeared to be guarding the large winged creature behind it. No, it was not a living thing. The "winged creature" appeared to be mechanical, a machine. "So, then those things must have been driving it." He thought.

Shining Armor and the creature silently stared at each other. The creature was slightly taller than the other ones, and was snow white in color. Shining found its face to be MUCH more intimidating than the others. Where its mouth should have been was a plain blank slate. Its eyes seemed to be permanatly fixed in an angry, challenging formation. The top of its head was decorated with several sharp looking horns. Oh, and it appeared to be pointing a menacing looking stick at him.

Yeah, this new creature was one scary motherbucker.

**********

Braden kept his rifle leveled at the pony. He was guessing at what its intentions were. Was it a part of the law enforcement here? A knight? Mercenary? Petty theif who happened to be in possession of some sweet ass armor? Nah, that last one seemed unlikely.

Then, the pony grinned. Braden cocked an eyebrow in confusion (not that the pony could see it). Before he could react a blip on his radar quickly appeared, and an unseen force hit him hard on the side of his head, and knocked him to the ground.

**********

"Good work." Shining Armor said to the pegasus guard who had bucked the creature. "Alright stallions, bag this one and take it to Canterlot. I want this place quarantined and-"

"S-sir!" The pegasus guard said.

"What is it?"

"L-look."

Shining Armor turned his attention to what the pegasus was referring to. "Oh buck."

The creature was back on its feet, facing them. "It's your day to die." It said.

**********

Thanks to the convenient replinishing of his shields and shock absorbers, Braden shook off the impact and got to his feet. His pony attackers noticed this and had alarmed looks on their faces. "It's your day to die." He said, immensly pissed off.

"How is this one up already?!" The pony who had first appeared, the leader Braden guessed, exclaimed. "The other ones went down with a single buck each!"

"Other ones?" Braden thought. "What do you mean "others ones"?"

The lead pony resumed a serious look. "Quickly, take him down!"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SPARTANS?"

"Spartans? So that's what you things are called. Your "spartans" are currently imprisoned in a location that we will not reveal to you. But we will gladly reunite you with them." As the lead pony said this, several more ponies appeared from all sides, surrounding Braden. "I, Captain Shining Armor of the Royal Guard, hereby proclaim you and all other spartans to be under arrest! Come quietly, or we will use force!"

Aw, hell no he did not just say that.

**********

Shining Armor did not have to wait long for a response from the creature. It simply held out one of its hands, and made a "come at me" motion. "Seize him!" He and the other ten guards all moved in on the creature at once, and attacked.

The creature immediatly bitchslapped Shining Armor out of the fight. Shining flew back several feet and struggled to get up. "Why is this one so strong? He thought, unaware of the tech the SPARTAN possessed. Shining looked to see how the other guards were doing in the fight.

The other ten guards were getting punched, kicked, kneed, curb stomped, tossed around, and in general getting raped badly by the creature.

"WHAT THE BUCK?! We easily trounced those other three! Why is this one kicking our flanks?!"

The other guards now laid strewn about the ground, barely alive. The creature simply stood there, waiting, daring Shining Armor to strike again. Shining Armor mustered his courage, rallied is strength, and heroically charged toward the monster.

Shining Armor would later consider this the worst decision he ever made in his entire life.

The creature quickly tripped Shining Armor and brutally brought its leg down on his spine. "GAAAAHHH!!" It reached down, grabbed his front left leg, and snapped it in half. "BUUUUUUCK MEEEEEEE!!!" The creature picked Shining Armor up by the neck and kneed him in the ribs, breaking about, hmm, six of them. Shining Armor coughed up a cup's worth of blood with a "BFWAAAAAAA!!". Finally, the creature punched him in the face, sending him flying toward the tree line. Shining hit a tree and sat there, slumped against the trunk. He spat out some blood and four teeth.

The creature stood before him, towering over him. "Believe it or not, I was pulling my punches this whole time." It said. "But I'm done screwing around now." The creature reached behind its back, and withdrew a long, very sharp looking sword.

But before the creature could slice and dice Shining, a force field bubble enveloped it. "What the?" It said, surprised.

Shining Armor was also surprised. Behind the trapped creature he noticed the other guards getting back up and limping towards him. "Come on sir!" One of the unicorn guards cried out. "That force field I cast will only last ten minutes! We gotta go! NOW!" Two guards carefully picked Shining up by the shoulders, and they retreated as fast as they could from the could- have- been- might- as- well- be- bloodbath.

**********

After the ponies left, Braden waited for about ten minutes in the force field bubble. "Magic? Interesting." The bubble disappeared, freeing Braden. "No use hunting them down, they've probably already gathered reinforcements. Best to prepare for a second assault. But, what do I do about Kenny, Rose, and James?"

Braden returned to the Longsword, trying to figure out a solution to his problem.

**********

Twilight nervously paced around her library, her friends watching with concern. "Twi, maybe you should sit down." Applejack suggested. "It won't do you no good pacing about and fretting."

"Thanks Applejack, but, I can't help but worry more than usual for Shining Armor. I mean, how would you react if Big Mac was possibly going against more of those things?"

Applejack put a hoof to her chin, thinking. "Well, ya got a point there Twilight. But remember, Shining Armor is a soldier, he'll be alright."

Twilight smiled. Then, her smile dropped. "Anypony hear that?"

A commotion was occuring outside. "Oh! Oh! They must be back!" Pinkie Pie excitedly exclaimed. Twilight bucked the library door out of her way and frantically looked around. A large crowd was gathered at the far end of Ponyville to her right. She galloped over to the crowd and tried to make her way through. She was worried. She heard gasps erupt from further up and saw ponies backing away in horror. "THIS TENSION IS BUCKING KILLING ME!" Finally, she was at the front of the crowd, and froze up, shocked at the sight before her.

Two guards were holding up Shining Armor, trying to bring him further into town. The other guards followed behind. All of them were covered in blood to various degrees, and were limping, injuries covering their bodies. However, Shining Armor appeared to have the worst of it.

The guards who Shining had earlier instructed to stay behind in town formed a perimeter between the injured guards and the curious civilians. The only ones they let through were the doctors and nurses from the local hospital. All of the returning guards were placed on stretchers and carried away for treatment.

"What could have done this?" Twilight asked herself, a single tear dramatically rolling down her left cheek.