• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 7,946 Views, 585 Comments

Halo: X Team in Equestria - The Good Dark Lord



A team of 6 OC SPARTANS from a FANON version of the Halo universe end up in Equestria. Crack ensues.

  • ...
49
 585
 7,946

Crash and Burn

James made a tackle for Kenny, and missed. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"Hey c'mon it's not that bad! We're just being sent into an alternate dimension filled with talking ponies!"

"WhathowcanyouIdon'teven- WE'RE SPARTANS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Our job is to protect humanity from the Covenant! As we speak those alien bastards are glassing Reach- Reach!- and here we are taking a joyride to some little girl's fantasy world! In fact, why the hell would you even watch that stuff?!"

"Hey, Lauren Faust is a creative genius! Don't talk smack about her work! Besides, watching My Little Pony really takes off the stress of being a super soldier."

James finally got a hold of Kenny and pinned him against the wall. The larger SPARTAN raised his right fist, when said right fist was grabbed from behind by Braden. "Stand down Seargeant!"

"But Colonel!"

"STAND. DOWN."

James lowered his fist and stepped away from Kenny. "Sir, are you seriously defending this moron?"

"How is Kenny a moron?"

"It's because of him that we're in this mess!"

"None of this is Kenny's fault!"

"Well then, Colonel, tell me, who is to blame then?"

"That Covenant supercarrier that snuck up on us attacked us just as we entered slipspace. The ship was tearing itself up so we had to take this Longsword. Now obviously, this thing isn't exactly built for slipsace travel, so an accident happened, and now we're going to... um, Kenny, what's the name of our destination?"

"Equestria." Kenny answered.

"So now we're going to Equestria. And the way I see it, fate has three options for us."

"Which are?" James asked.

"Either A: We end up going to Reach anyway; B: We end up in a black hole and die, which I honestly believe is the most likely outcome; or C: Equestria somehow does actually exist and we end up there."

"It's not often we get a third option." Ashley commented. It was rare for Ashley to speak in recent times, so whenever she said something, it was always relevent and/ or important. "If anything, it sounds like Kenny very well may have saved our lives."

James gave a sigh and turned away from the rest of the team. He found a corner to lean against and stayed there, looking down at the floor in frustration. Kenny crossed his arms and decided to stand by Rose, who was sitting in the pilot seat.

"Want me to reprimand James for insuboridnation?" Richard asked.

"No." Braden said. "Just give him time to take in the situation. You know well that he was eager to fight, and even die, for Reach."

"Very well."

"Uh, guys?" Rose said. Every SPARTAN turned to her.

"I think our wait is over. Get ready to exit slipspace!"

The SPARTANS all grabbed onto a part of the ship to brace themselves. Through the window, they could all see a dark blue orb at the end of the tube of trippy colors. That orb represented the portal they were going to go through. Now, had they been in a UNSC cruiser, the transition would have been smooth and uneventful. But seeing as how they were in a much less sturdy Longsword, well...

The Longsword passed through the portal, and began shaking uncontrollably. Slipspace energy crackled over the hull of the Longsword, and began interfering with the controls.

"I can't hold onto it!" Rose cried. "We're out of control!"

As the Longsword plummeted to the ground, they could see that they were making a B- Line for a large forest.

"We're going to crash in the Everfree Forest!" Kenny cried out.

An explosion erupted from somewhere behind the group.

"What the hell was that?!" Braden said.

"We just lost one of our engines!" Rose said.

A surge of slipspace energy that was still clinging to the Longsword made its way to the entry ramp, and messed up the controls. The ramp opened up slightly.

"Someone close that up!" Braden ordered.

Ashley and Richard sprinted out of the cockpit, down the short hall, and stopped at the rampway. Just as they were about to start fixing up the controls, a second explosion rang out. "We lost our other engine!" Rose yelled. The vibrations of the explosion not only knocked Richard and Ashley off their feet, but it also provided enough force to loosen the rampway.

"SHIT!" Richard yelled as he and Ashley struggled against the powerful winds that were sucking them out of the Longsword. "I HATE PHYSICS!"

Richard and Ashley were sucked out of the Longsword. Just before they fell out they both saw Braden appear too late to save them.

Braden watched as Richard and Ashley fell out of the Longsword. "NNNOOOOOO!!!" But there was nothing he could do now. He quickly turned away from the open ramp and rejoined the others in the cockpit.

"Where's Dick and Ash?!" James said.

"I was too late... I couldn't save them..."

The other SPARTANS knew well what their leader meant. After a brief moment of silence they came back to reality.

Rose gripped the handles tightly. "We are touching down in three... two... ONE!"

The Longsword crashed into the Everfree forest. The ship plowed through the trees and earth for more than 300 feet before finally coming to a stop. The Longsword had conveniently stopped in the middle of a sizable clearing.

**********

Princesses Celestia and Luna observed the anomoly that had appeared in the distant sky. Celestia had just risen the sun an hour ago, and to see something such as this was most unexpected.

"Any thoughts, sister?" Luna asked.

"If you mean if I have an idea of what it may be, I suspect it to be a portal." Celestia replied.

"A portal? For what?"

"We are about to find out."

A creature emerged from the portal. It was huge, possibly larger than a dragon. The creature was triangular in shape, and pitch black in color. A fire erupted from behind one of its wings, leaving a trail of smoke as it began lowering to the ground. A second fire erupted. The creature appeared to not be able to control itself, as it crashed into the Everfree Forest.

Luna looked to Celestia. "What in the hoof was that?"

"I don't know Luna, I don't know. But whatever it may be, we cannot afford to underestimate it. It may be dangerous. I will send Captain Shining Armor and a small platoon of guards to Ponyville, for protection."

"Celestia, look! The portal!"

Celestia looked back to the portal in the sky. The dark blue orb began to distort, and imploded on itself. It was gone.

Celestia rubbed her forehead in frustration at the absolute strangeness of today.