• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 7,953 Views, 585 Comments

Halo: X Team in Equestria - The Good Dark Lord



A team of 6 OC SPARTANS from a FANON version of the Halo universe end up in Equestria. Crack ensues.

  • ...
49
 585
 7,953

No Not Reconz- RECONNAISSANCE!

It was night out. Nine o' clock, in fact.

Braden, Richard, and Ashley silently waited under the cover of the treeline, eyeing the few lights in the distance that signaled pony civilization.

Richard turned his head to Braden. "Orders, sir?"

"X 2, you're coming with me to investigate the village. X 3, I want you to check out the outskirts for any ponies that live out of town. Stay away from groups of two or more. Only confront a pony who you are absolutely sure is alone. I want you to interrogate them for information on Canterlot's location, but do not harm them. Once you have the intel send a signal to all of our HUDs, and we will meet back here. Clear?"

"Clear." Richard and Ashley said.

"Move out."

**********

"Well, ah think we should call it a day. G' night everypony." Applejack said as she and the rest of the Mane Six left the Ponyville train station.

Rarity gave her a concerned look. "Applejack, are you sure it's safe to go all the way over to your house at this hour when that," She nervously gulped, "Colonel ruffian is running amok?"

"Ah don't got much of a choice. I've been away from Granny, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom for too long, they have to be worried sick by this point."

"Oh, and I have to check up on the animals." Fluttershy brought up. "But, I live so close to the Everfree Forest, I don't know if it's safe..."

"Ah'll escort ya to your cottage, sugarcube." Applejack reassuringly said with a smile. Fluttershy perked up a little at this.

"Are you sure you two couldn't just stay in town until morning?" Pinkie asked. "I mean, you two could have a slumber party over at my place! It'll be awesome!"

Applejack shook her head. "No can do Pinkie. Fluttershy and ah both got responsibilities, and we gotta stay true to them."

Pinkie sullenly looked to the ground, but her mane didn't deflate, so that was a sign that she understood.

"Before we all depart," Rarity said, "Anypony have any last thoughts on what should be done about the Colonel? Twilight, Rainbow Dash, you two have been awfully quiet since we left Canterlot. Is there something on your minds?"

Rainbow Dash rubbed her forehead in frustration. "I'm just confused right now. I mean, at first I thought he was evil, but then I thought he was good, and then evil, and then good, and then- GAH! I need to think this over..."

"And what about you, Twi?" Applejack said.

Twilight nervously kicked the dirt at her hooves. "Well... maybe he's not as bad as we thought he was?"

"What?! Twilight, the Colonel is clearly evil! He attacked those guards, nearly killed your brother, held us hostage, attempted to take down Princess Celestia herself, and all you have to say is maybe he's not evil?!"

"And who are you, or any of us for that matter to decide what is good or evil?" Twilight sharply replied.

The others were a bit shocked at Twilight's response.

Especially Applejack. "Twi, what are you talking about?"

"Listen to me. So far in the past few days, every conflict between ponykind and the spartans has always been started by us ponies."

"But didn't they start it first?" Rarity inquired. "I mean, that one red one tried to sneak up on Fluttershy, and then those other two attacked after."

"Maybe, but we still don't know what Kenny's- that's the red spartan's name- intentions were. Besides, the guard hit him first. And those other two most likely attacked to save their friend. And unfortunately, due to SOMEPONY," Twilight accusingly looked at Pinkie, "Leading us on a wild goose chase about imaginary walking cupcakes, we completely forgot to ask the prisoner spartans about their motives while we were in Canterlot."

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "What can I say? The author asked me to provide this fic with a reason for why most of us should still harbor bad feelings toward the spartans. Besides, he loves trolling the audience." Pinkie then looked at you and winked.

"Yer point, Twilight?" Applejack asked in an irate tone.

"My point is this: what if they aren't the bad guys in this situation?"

**********

Ashley had been searching the outskirts of the pony town for a good ten minutes now. She kept low to the ground, the darkness helping her stay hidden from sight. Her skills at stealth also helped her stay quiet. Not that she really needed to. It wasn't like there were any ponies nearby or anything. The area was just one big empty grass field. Sure there was a small pond or stream every now and then, but the landscape was pretty much the same everywhere. Not a sign of variation in sight.

Something caught Ashley's attention.

A short way's off in the distance, near the forest she and the others had emerged from just a while ago, was what appeared to be a cottage. She stealthily approached it. It was on a hill, and appeared to have a nature- theme to it. Bird houses, nests, and rabbit holes were everywhere. There was a small bridge that crossed over a river.

Naturally, all of this pretty decor brought one single thought to Ashley's mind.

"Aesthetic design obviously that of a single individual's. Said single individual is isolated from the rest of the community. A perfect interrogation target. Mwahaha."

Ashley started making her way to the back of the building. She saw the back door, a small table, and a chicken coop. As she made her way back to the front, she heard voices. She looked down the path and saw two ponies approaching the cottage.

Thinking quickly, Ashley took cover behind the cottage just before they saw her. She listened to their conversation.

"Thanks for walking home with me, Applejack, I felt much safer with you around."

"No problem, Fluttershy. Ah can't exactly blame you for being a little nervous, what with that Colonel on the loose."

"They must be two of those ponies who attacked Braden." Ashley thought to herself.

"Um, Applejack, can I ask you a question? I mean, if that's okay with you..."

"Not at all. What about?"

"Are you still mad at Twilight for disagreeing with you?"

Ashley heard the one called "Applejack" give a deep sigh. "No. Ah'm pretty sure Twi's just letting that monster's words get ta her. Y'know, just like Discord."

"Oh, okay. Well, good night. Stay safe."

"Likewise Fluttershy."

Applejack left Fluttershy's cottage heading in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres. Once she was a safe distance away, Ashley started following her. Oh sure "Fluttershy" would have been a perfectly suitable target, but Ashley had a gut feeling that she would be more successful if she followed this "Applejack".

A SPARTAN's gut feeling was never wrong.

**********

Apple Bloom and Winona worriedly looked out the window for the three hundred- and second time since Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rarity had briefly stopped by and told the Apple family that Applejack, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash had been captured by some monster called "The Colonel". That was a whole day ago.

Big Mac walked up next to his sister. "Apple Bloom, it's late. You should go off to bed."

She looked up at her older brother. "But ah'm worried about Applejack."

"And fretting about it by the window won't do either of you any good. Now get some shut eye, alright?"

Apple Bloom lowered her head in defeat of Big Mac's logic. But before she left she did one last look out the window.

"IT'S HER!" Apple Bloom cried out with a smile. Applejack could be seen out the window. She was just coming up the hill to the house, in fact.

"WHAT!" Big Mac almost pressed his face against the window. He then gave a relieved sigh. "Thank Celestia."

Apple Bloom and Winona quickly rushed out the front door with Big Macintosh following close behind.

"Applejack!" Apple Bloom and Big Mac yelled out at the same time.

"Bark bark!" Winona barked.

"Apple Bloom! Big Mac! Winona!" Applejack responded.

Granny Smith poked her head out of her bedroom window. "WILL YOU ALL SHUT THE BUCK UP I'M TRYING TO SLEEP- oh Applejack your'e back! Oh it is such a relief to know that yer alright. But seriously now, all of you, shut up."

Granny closed her window.

The three ponies and dog who were outside briefly silently stared up at Granny's window for a moment, and then they all let out a nervous chuckle. And then they hugged.

"You have no idea how relieved we are to have you with us again." Macintosh said. "Are you okay?"

"Ah'm fine, Big Mac." Applejack replied. "All I have on my mind right now is getting a good night's sleep."

The group started making their way back to the house, when Applejack noticed Apple Bloom was missing. "Where's Apple Bloom?"

"Over here!"

They turned to see Apple Bloom trotting towards the barn.

"Apple Bloom, where are ya going?"

"During all mah worrying about you, I forgot about the school project Ms. Cheerilee assigned me a few days ago."

"And it's in the barn?"

"Yeah. She told us all to make a miniature model of Equestria. Me, Sweetie Belle, an' Scootaloo helped out in making each others, an' ah left mine in the barn."

Applejack gave her sister a worried look. "Maybe ya could get it in the morning..."

"Ah might forget again! An' it's due tomorrow!"

Apple Bloom noticed that Applejack's gaze had left her, and was now scanning the area behind her. Apple Bloom turned her head around to see what Applejack was looking at. All she could see was the darkness...

"Apple Bloom, ah-"

"It'll only be a minute, no, half a minute, an' ah'll be back!"

"Fine, but ah'll be waiting here. Make it quick."

Apple Bloom smiled at her apparent victory and resumed her trek to the barn. She followed the path down the hill, climbed the next hill, and in no time was at the family barn. She made her way to the front of the barn and opened the doors. She entered the building. It took her a moment to notice just how creepy the barn was at night.

Apple Bloom did a quick scan of the inside of the barn, and saw her school project sitting on top of the right side counter. She went over to it and picked it up with her teeth.

*CREAK*

Apple Bloom froze.

She quietly set her project down, and as cautiously as possible, turned around.

The barn door was slightly a little more ajar than it was when she had come in. And tonight wasn't a windy night.

Apple Bloom started feeling a little scared, when-

"Psst."

Apple Bloom yelped. "W-who's there?!" She frightfully asked.

"Up here."

Apple Bloom looked up.

**********

Applejack watched Apple Bloom as she trotted off to the barn. As soon as her little sister went around the barn and was thus out of her sight, Applejack immediately regretted letting Apple Bloom go off on her own.

"Grrrr..."

Applejack and Big Macintosh both looked down at Winona in surprise. The Border Collie was pointed in the direction Apple Bloom had gone, growling intensely at something.

"BARK BARK!"

Applejack's heart began thumping. She began looking over the land, searching for whatever had spooked Winona.

For the briefest second, Applejack saw a tall, bipedal shadow sprint towards the barn.

**********

All that Apple Bloom saw was a small bat staring blankly at her as it hung from the rafters.

"Is somepony there?" She timidly asked.

"Well I'm the only bat here, so, obviously."

Apple Bloom narrowed her eyes at the bat. "You're a talking bat?"

"Is there a problem with that, child?"

"N- no ma'am I just-"

"Forgiven. Listen, I need directions. Could you please help me?"

"Um... okay... where to?"

"Do you know the way to Canterlot?"

**********

"Would you just slow down for a moment Applejack!" Big Mac said as he helped Applejack up. "That's the second time you've tripped over your own hooves!"

Applejack paid her brother no acknowledgment and quickly resumed her run to the barn. She turned the corner and flung the barn doors open. She saw Apple Bloom standing off to the far right side. Said filly snapped her head towards Applejack with a startled expression.

"Apple Bloom! Are ya alright!?"

"Y- yes, why?"

Applejack frantically looked around. "Was there anypony else in here with you?!"

"No, just me and this talking bat."

Applejack sighed in relief. "Phew. For a second there, I thought- wait. Talking bat?"

"Yeah! Come see."

Applejack went over to Apple Bloom. Big Mac and the still growling Winona stayed behind at the entrance. When Applejack was close enough, Apple Bloom pointed up at he rafters. She looked up to see a bat staring blankly at her.

"Well go on, say hi!" Apple Bloom encouraged.

Applejack cocked an eyebrow and looked back at the bat. "Uh, hi?"

The bat didn't respond.

"Hello?"

Still no response.

"Why aren't ya talking?" Apple Bloom asked the bat.

The bat suddenly gave a small screech and flew up to the higher rafters.

The ponies stayed silent for a moment. "Apple Bloom..." Applejack almost whispered. "...What did you and the bat talk about?"

"She just asked me directions to Canterlot is all. Why?"

"She?"

"Yeah, she."

Applejack began mumbling to herself. "...She... directions... Canterlot..." Applejack's eyes widened at the realization of what had just occurred.

Normally Applejack would have ran as fast as she could to Ponyville there and then. However, there were certain things to be accounted for. First, she absolutely needed to sleep. Second, she had to get Apple Bloom to safety. And third, if what she thought had spoken to Apple Bloom was still nearby, or even worse watching them at this very moment, it could easily pick her off before she could get to town.

"Apple Bloom, get your project and come back to the house with me an' yer brother, quickly."

**********

Ashley watched the three ponies and dog from the roof of the barn as they quickly returned to their house. The mission had gone perfectly. It was quick, there wasn't a single snag, and she had completed her objective. According to the child, Canterlot was positioned on a mountain Northeast of her current position.

Ashley pressed a button on her helmet, which sent a signal to Braden and Richard.

**********

The Colonel and the Major silently infiltrated Ponyville. Guards were practically everywhere, but they were easy to avoid. After a few stealthy ninja jumps, the two SPARTANs were at the top of an exceptionally large building, the town hall, in fact.

"Major." Braden said. "From here we part ways. Until you either get a signal or find the info we need, continue searching. Either way, meet Ashley and I at the treeline when the time comes."

"Understood, Colonel." Richard replied.

With that, Braden turned around, and jumped from the building. Richard briefly watched as his superior disappeared into the shadows. Richard then turned to the opposite side of the building, and did the same, but less gracefully. He tripped, actually.

"OH CRAP-"

*THUD*

"Did you hear that?" A masculine voice said.

Richard got up and sprinted to the nearest dark alley. Just as he found a random barrel to hide behind, two guards appeared on the scene. They were unicorns, and appeared to be using their horns as flashlights. One of the guards shone his light down the alley Richard was hiding in. They began to approach.

"Turn around, turn around!" Richard thought to himself.

The guards weren't turning around. They were almost close enough to see Richard behind the barrel.

One of the guards got a little closer, and saw Richard.

"I SEE ONE-"

Richard's hand shot out and jabbed the guard in his sleepy pressure spot. He fell to the ground unconscious. The other guard was about to scream like a bitch, but he too was non- fatally silenced by the SPARTAN. The two guards were lying next to each other, snoring.

"Great, now I have to find a place to hide the bodies." Richard half- humorously thought.

Richard was just about to pick up the two guards when he suddenly felt a strange tingling on the back of his head. The sensation grew, to the point where it was almost painful.

"Itchy... WHY AM I SO ITCHY?"

Richard tried to resist the urge to take off his helmet, but, goddammit this was a bad itch. He quickly took off his helmet and scratched the hell out of the back of his head. He gave a relieved sigh.

"Ah, much bet-" *ZAP* "- HIGAGURKURK."

**********

"Wake up human..." A feminine voice said. "...You're not dead... just... paralyzed."

Richard's eyesight was a bit hazy, but he could tell he was in a cellar shackled to a wall. His vision fully cleared. Around him plastered against the walls and littering the floor were hundreds of papers with images and articles about humans, and on a few desks were several books and models of the human anatomy. It was really creepy. To his right was a staircase and a door. Suddenly, an aquamarine unicorn appeared before him like some supernatural entity.

"You're an amazing creature, you know that? You and I aren't so different." The pony said.

"No we're not..." Richard managed to say. "...You're a pony."

"Well, to each their own."

"Who are you?"

"Oh, where are my manners? My name is Lyra Heartstrings." Lyra held out a hoof for Richard to shake. "Pleased to meet you Mr..."

Richard simply coldly stared at Lyra, and tugged at his shackles a bit. They didn't break.

Lyra giggled. "Oh how silly of me, you can't shake my hoof chained up!"

"So could you free me so I can shake your hoof?"

"Ha! Yeah right, you would just try to escape. And don't bother trying to break them, they're reinforced with magic. So anyways, your name?"

"That's classified."

"Oh now don't be like that, think of this as the beginning of a WONDERFUL inter- species relationship!"

Richard noticed that as Lyra said this, she began to look a little more... unbalanced.

"How did you capture me?"

"I cast the Itchy As Buck spell on your scalp, and once you had removed your helmet," Lyra pointed a hoof to Richard's helmet, which was sitting on one of the desks, "I stunned you. I then brought you and those two guards here to my house. Well, the house itself technically legally belongs to my roommate Bon Bon, but you know what I mean. Any other questions?"

"What's your plan?"

"Hm?"

"What do you plan on doing to me?"

"Oh, I'm just going to keep you here, and study you, and... heh heh..."

"And?"

"...And then I will become the ONLY AND MOST BRILLIANT ANTHROPOLOGIST IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA!"

Richard was absolutely shocked by Lyra's unimaginably diabolical plan. "You fiend!"

"AH HAHAHAHAHA! BWAAAA HAHAHAHA-"

Suddenly the basement door that was just up the staircase opened up. It was Bon Bon. "For the love of Celestia will you be quiet Lyra! I can hear you laughing like a maniac from upstairs!"

"Oops, sorry Bon Bon. Did I wake up those hurt guards?"

"They're starting to come around, but really that's probably a good thing."

Lyra tapped a hoof to her chin. "In that case I will have to find a means of permanently silencing them..."

"What was that?" Bon Bon asked slightly panicked.

"Oh nothing." Lyra dismissed a little too casually. "Anyways, I have to get back to my specimen... oh shit."

Richard, who had freed himself of his bonds while Lyra was distracted, quickly pulled a vulcan neck jab on her.

"NOOOOO! I HAVE SO MUCH TO ASK YOU- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

"AAAAAAAAAAHHH!" Bon Bon shrieked. Richard sprinted up the stairs to her and soon Bon Bon was also unconscious on the floor.

Richard then went back downstairs and reclaimed his helmet. Returning upstairs Richard found himself to be in a kitchen. To his side was an opening to the living room, and the two guards from earlier. They were both lying on the sofas, and they were beginning to awake.

A coded signal from Ashley abruptly appeared on Richard's HUD. She had gotten what they needed.

Now all he needed to do was get these guards out of the way for just a little longer.

Richard noticed a perfectly good frying pan sitting on the counter right next to him...

**********

The guards left Braden's hiding spot. That was the fourth patrol in a row he had successfully managed to evade. But he still did not have information on where Canterlot was. He silently passed through a few more alleys and stopped just before passing the street.

A pony was passing by.

He waited. This was his best chance yet all night to get a lead, and he was going to take advantage of it. Finally the pony came into view. Braden prepared to pounce and...

"Dammit." He thought. "Not you again."

It was that purple unicorn; Twilight Sparkle.

Braden highly doubted she would give him any information after their last encounter, and yet he was curious. What was she doing out at this hour?

He decided to follow her. He made sure to stay out of her sight at all times, while at the same time keeping her within his. After a few turns and streets, Twilight suddenly turned around in Braden's direction. She continued to stare, as if she suspected, or worse, knew that he was in the shadows, following her.

...

Twilight cautiously resumed her walk.

A few minutes passed, and finally Braden discovered her destination.

The local hospital.

He watched from a short distance as Twilight entered the hospital. A short wait later, he noticed her silhouette reappear against the window of the one lone second story room that was still lit.

**********

Shining Armor watched Twilight leave. He was beyond relieved that she was okay and safe from harm. As he was still stuck in his cast and was only able to move his eyes, he shifted his eyes to look out the window to his right. It was a beautiful, clear night. He looked to his left. The other guards were all asleep.

He then used his magic to turn off the room light and began drifting off to sleep...

...

*tap tap*

...

*tap tap*

...

*tap tap*

Shining Armor opened his eyes in frustration. "Ugh, probably just a stupid bird."

He looked over to the window, and nearly shit himself.

There, crouched just out on the window sill, was the same monster who had placed him and the other guards in the hospital in the first place.

It waved at him.

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPHHHHHHHH! MMMMMMPPPHHHH!" IT'S HERE! ITS COME TO FINISH ME OFF! AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

**********

Braden sprinted as fast as he could from the hospital. "Risky, but worth it."

A signal from Ashley appeared on his HUD. She had the information they needed.

"And it gets better."