• Published 14th Aug 2016
  • 17,245 Views, 154 Comments

Anon-A-Miss With a Twist - KR Chrome



We know the story of Anon-A-Miss, how Sunset Shimmer suffered during the holiday season. We've all ready the stories of how tragic it was for her. Now see the same story but with a twist.

  • ...
20
 154
 17,245

Not what I expected!

Anon-A-Miss, the mystery person who was spreading everyone’s secrets online, was a menace. Already she had humiliated the five girls: Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. Unflattering photos of them were posted on the page and thus they couldn’t go anywhere without being made fun of.

And conveniently, Sunset Shimmer was nowhere to be found.

They immediately concluded that Sunset Shimmer was the culprit and went to confront her.

What they would find instead would shock them.

XXX

“So, this is the place?” Rainbow Dash asked as they stood in front of the apartment.

“Yup. Got the address from one of the kids who delivers pizza here,” Applejack confirmed.

“Well, now we can give the girl a piece of our mind!” said Rarity.

Rainbow Dash pounded the door.

“Hey, Sunset! Get out here!” Rainbow yelled. “We need to speak to you!”

“Rainbow?” Sunset asked from the other side of the door.

“Let us in!”

“No!” Sunset shouted. “I can’t! I’m sick!”

“Don’t lie to us!” Pinkie yelled, also angry. “We’re all mad at you!”

“Mad at me?” Sunset replied in confusion. “About what?”

“About Anon-A-Miss!”

“What’s Anon-A-Miss?”

“Don’t try to play innocent! We know you’re Anon-A-Miss!” Pinkie Pie accused.

“Pinkie, have you been watching too many spy movies again?” Sunset replied.

“Just open the damn door!” Rainbow yelled.

“OK! OK! I’ll slide the key under the door! You can use that!” Sunset said and the key was slid under the door. This got weird looks from the girls.

Rainbow Dash picked up the key and narrowed her eyes, expecting it suspiciously. She then used it to unlock the door. Surprisingly, it worked.

“OK, now come in! Just don’t freak out!” Sunset Shimmer called.

The five girls entered the apartment. The hallway was rather dark but they bravely went in, further into the living room. Sitting on the couch and facing the TV was Sunset Shimmer as they recognized her head of red and yellow hair. Seeing her, Rainbow Dash eagerly went to confront her as she ran towards her to face her.

“OK, Sunset! You better have a good-!” Rainbow Dash’s tirade came to a shocking halt as her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

“Rainbow dear? What’s wrong?” Rarity asked as she went over and gasped. “Oh my!”

“What in Sam Hill?” Applejack demanded and she too gasped. “Well, you don’t see that everyday!”

“What is it?” Pinkie Pie bounced over. “...Oh.”

Fluttershy soon followed and she covered her mouth and gasped.

Raising her hoof, Sunset Shimmer waved with an awkward smile, “Hey, girls.”

XXX

The Rainbooms sat around the living room, eyes never leaving the orange unicorn pony that was seated on the couch.

“You’re a pony,” said Rainbow, breaking the silence.

“Kinda obvious,” said Sunset. “I got hooves, a muzzle, mane and flank. Yeah, definitely pony.”

“Well, we’ve always known you were a pony, but seeing it is believing,” said Rarity. The anger they’ve all felt seemed to have been forgotten, replaced by confusion.

Pinkie went up to Sunset Shimmer and looked her in the eye. She then poked Sunset’s muzzle.

“Pinkie, please stop poking me,” Sunset requested, annoyed.

“Wow, it’s real,” said Pinkie.

“Yes, like magic is real, and now I’m a pony,” said Sunset.

“But...but how...?” Fluttershy asked.

“Don’t really know. I just woke up looking like this. That’s why I didn’t go to school,” said Sunset.

Applejack decided to speak, “So, you haven’t checked MyStable, have you?”

“Well, not really. I was kind of focused on more important things,” said Sunset as she raised her hoof for emphasis. “Why? You guys sounded pretty upset when you were pounding on my door.”

The girls exchanged awkward looks as they recalled why they had come, but seeing Sunset in her current state now cast some doubt on the validity of their anger.

“Well, it’s kind of like this,” Pinkie started.

XXX

“Wait, so you all thought Anon-A-Miss was me!?” Sunset asked. She checked the MyStable Page and saw all the pictures, the comments, and was shocked.

“We all thought it was you being up to your old tricks again,” said Rarity.

“Wow,” Sunset uttered. “Seriously, even after I helped save you guys from the Sirens, you think I would do something like this? Really good example of trust, you girls.”

“Hey, don’t blame us! This is exactly like something you would do!” Rainbow defended. “Er...no offense.”

“I’ll take offense,” Sunset glared. “Girls, seriously, if it were really me, I wouldn’t have made it obvious. When I tricked you all, I made sure there was no evidence that led directly to me. Why would I make something that paints a target on me as the culprit? I’m way sneakier than that.”

“You sound proud of that,” observed Fluttershy.

“Well, not anymore, but if I was back to my old tricks I wouldn’t have made myself Suspect Number 1,” Sunset declared.

“So, how come you haven’t heard of Anon-A-Miss? It’s been days,” said Rainbow Dash.

“I’ve been busy,” said Sunset. “It was over the weekend. Twilight invited me to Equestria. She insisted and I had to go to sort a few things out.”

“So you went back to Equestria?” Fluttershy asked in wonder.

“Yeah, I did. I reconciled with my old teacher and we actually managed to talk without yelling at each other,” Sunset smiled. “Just got back last night.”

“So, you’re really not Anon-A-Miss,” Applejack muttered, feeling ashamed.

“Yeah, it’ll be kinda hard to operate a keyboard or phone with hooves, right?” Rainbow remarked.

“Actually, I can do this,” said Sunset as her horns glowed and her phone floated over to her.

“How did you do that!?” Pinkie gasped.

“Telekinesis and levitation are basic spells for unicorns,” said Sunset.

“Excuse me, but what are we going to do about Anon-A-Miss now?” Fluttershy asked. They all suspected Sunset Shimmer, but with the pony-turned-human-turned-pony-again in her current condition right now, they couldn’t come up with any ideas on how to deal with this problem.

“I’m going to need to write to Twilight about my condition. She might have an idea to turn me back to human. You girls just need to figure out who’s really behind this Anon-A-Miss thing and why they’re framing me,” said Sunset.

“Yes, we shall, darling. It’s the least we can do for suspecting you unjustly,” said Rarity.

“Um, Sunset, can I ask you something?” Fluttershy requested.

“Yes, Fluttershy?” Sunset asked.

“Could I...could I...brush your mane?”

XXX

The Rainbooms, with the exception of Fluttershy, left Sunset’s apartment together. They all looked upset, but not at Sunset. They were upset with themselves. Whatever vitriol they had just got sucked out of them.

“Geez, this sucks,” muttered Applejack.

“Totally. We thought Sunset was Anon-A-Miss, but now I don’t know anymore,” sighed Rainbow.

“We just have to find out who’s the real culprit then,” suggested Rarity.

“Then Detective Pinkie Pie is on the case!” said Pinkie as she put on a deerstalker held a pipe. She blew into it and bubbles came out. “The game is afoot! Let’s go, girls! Let’s clear Sunset’s name!”

Author's Note:

Many times, Anon-A-Miss fics are just depressing and tragic. I decided to add a bit of an element to make things a bit more interesting. Hopefully, you guys can support it. It won't be long, it won't be complicated, it's just is.