• Published 17th Aug 2016
  • 1,156 Views, 61 Comments

Shadows of War: The Tale of the Six Heroes - heavens-champion



Six young mares have been gathered to find the key to defeating King Sombra, once and for all. But to do so, they must first learn to work together.

  • ...
2
 61
 1,156

Chapter 2: Gathering the Heroes: Applejack and Fluttershy

CHAPTER 2: GATHERING THE HEROES: APPLEJACK AND FLUTTERSHY

In times long gone, Ponyville was a lively, peaceful town. A long time ago, it was founded by earth ponies, but in time, it became home to unicorns and pegasi as well. It was a place where everypony was happy, celebrated, played games, and worked together to make it an even better place to live.

But when the war started, everything changed.

Ponyville was all but deserted, only a few ponies living there, while most left to help the cause in any way they could. It was a shadow of its former self; many homes left abandoned and dilapidated, many structures refurbished for the purpose of supplying the E.U.P. Guard. Even Sugarcube Corner, once Ponyville’s greatest bakery, was changed to serve in the war effort.

However, the one place in Ponyville to suffer from the war, was Sweet Apple Acres, or, as it was called nowadays, Sweet Apple Factory.

Once, it was a humble apple farm, where the best apples were harvested, made into the best treats anypony ever tasted, and sold in Ponyville’s market. But now, the farm has been re-purposed into a factory for applesauce. Instead of making sweet treats, Sweet Apple Factory made sour rations for the E.U.P. Guard.

Sweet Apple Factory was also home to the Apple Family, the same family who founded Ponyville in the first place. It was especially home to one particular earth pony. One who would be instrumental in turning the tide of war.

Her name was Applejack.

**************************************

The orange earth pony mare made her way back to the factory, long after speaking with the mysterious purple alicorn. At first, she had found it strange that an alicorn came to her, but what was even stranger was that she knew her name, and was friends with her in another timeline.

But after awhile, she believed her. The alicorn had told her that she would find a way to fix everything, undo the damage that Sombra had done, the damage that this Starlight Glimmer had allowed him to do. Applejack hoped she did. It was bad enough her Equestria was ruined. She wouldn’t want Princess Twilight’s Equestria ruined as well.

Then she remembered what she said before; about how she and her friends defeated Sombra in her timeline.

That gave Applejack some hope that Sombra could be defeated in hers.

But most importantly, the Applejack of Princess Twilight’s Equestria was friends with her. Maybe she could be friends with the Twilight of this Equestria as well.

Applejack shook her head.

This was not the time to think about such things. Who has time for friendship when their kingdom is at war with a mad stallion and his empire? Applejack had a job to do. Her entire family had a job to do. She had to play her part in helping Equestria win the war. The rest of the Apple family was doing it. Her cousin Braeburn from Appleloosa even joined the E.U.P. Guard’s Stalwart Horseshoe Volunteer Corps, a military unit formed from eager ponies willing to fight for Equestria.

That was when she stopped in her tracks.

Fight.

The word echoed in her mind. She wanted to fight Sombra. She was doing her part in making food rations for the army, true, but she wanted to do more than that. She wanted to protect her family and her home. Her cousin was out fighting Sombra’s forces, and she was stuck in Ponyville, harvesting apples to bring back to the factory, where they were processed into sour applesauce.

She sighed, and continued her walk. Soon, she could see the smokestacks of the factory in the distance, belching clouds of smoke into the red skies. The sight made her heart sink. She remembered the old days when it was still the barn of her home, filled with all kinds of farm animals. She remembered the times when she was just a little filly, playing in piles of hay with her older brother Big Macintosh. She also remembered Granny Smith reading her bedtime stories at night.

And then… she remembered them. Her parents. Her father’s bravery. Her mother’s kindness. From the beginning they were there for her, raising her to carry on the family tradition of apple farming. What would they say, knowing that the farm she called home had become nothing more than a processing plant for applesauce?

Applejack pushed the memories of her parents back into the depths of her mind. The memories were too painful. They reminded her that they were no longer with her; that they were… gone.

She finally arrived at the factory, taking note of the sign before her:

‘Sweet Apple Factory. Home of Granny Smith’s Applesauce.’

Applejack gave a short, cynical chuckle. “That’s a laugh,” She muttered. “If it’s so sweet, then why does everythin’ it makes taste sour?”

“Applejack. There you are. Where have ya been?” A deep but gentle voice asked. Applejack awoke from her moment of thought and turned to the direction of the voice. Standing in front of her was a tall, red stallion clad in the same factory uniform she was wearing.

“Um, sorry, Big Mac,” Said Applejack, pawing at the ground nervously. “Ah was just on mah way back from talkin’ with… someone.” She couldn’t tell her brother that she was talking to an alicorn and her baby dragon from another world. If anything, it would make him think she was going crazy.

“With who?” Asked Big Macintosh.

Applejack was silent, a nervous expression on her face. Finally, she spoke.

“You wouldn’t believe me if ah told you.” She said.

Big Macintosh was at first suspicious, but then brushed it off.

“If you say so,” He said. “Anyway, the train's gettin' ready to leave for the base at Foal Mountain. So, might want to get them barrels to the train station so they can get to the front.”

Oh boy, thought Applejack sarcastically, frowning. Ah do sure looooove deliverin' rations to the freight train. Matter of fact, ah downright enjoy workin’ mah flank off at a factory that makes sour old applesauce, a factory that used to be our own farm, a farm that used to grow sweet apples instead of sour ones before King Sombra decided to rear his ugly head.

Big Macintosh noticed his sister’s change in expression.

“Somethin’ wrong, AJ?”

Applejack wanted to say she was fine. That nothing was bothering her. But she couldn’t. She couldn’t keep her feelings bottled up anymore.

Her eyebrows furrowed, she growled and she kicked up dirt in frustration.

“Ah can’t take it anymore!” She cried. Big Macintosh stepped back, shocked by his sister’s sudden outburst. Applejack realized what she did, her expression changing into one of guilt, rubbing her foreleg against her other one. “Sorry Big Mac,” said the mare, her voice filled with sorrow. “Ah’m just… frustrated.”

“Frustrated with what?” Big Macintosh asked.

Applejack looked into her brother’s green eyes, her own eyes filled with sadness.

“Everythin’,” She said, her voice breaking. “The war, Sombra, Ponyville, the factory, everythin’! Look at us, Big Mac! We’re farmers, not factory workers! Our family has been sellin’ the sweetest apples in Equestria for generations! Now, instead of makin’ things like apple pie and apple fritters, we’ve been makin’ things like sour applesauce! Our way of life has been turned upside down! Our own farm’s been turned into a factory! Not only that, but most of our relatives, especially Braeburn, are out there fightin’ Sombra, while we’re stuck here makin’ rations for the Guard, worried sick about ‘em!” Tears began to form in her eyes.

“Just the fact Braeburn’s out there riskin’ his life protectin’ us, keeps me up at night,” she continued. “Ah can’t stop thinkin’ about what would happen to him, to our family. And when ah sleep, ah have nightmares of Sombra doin’ terrible things to ya’ll… and… and… and ah’m too late to save you.”

It was then that she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably as the tears flowed. She hadn't cried this much since the death of her parents. Big Mac’s ears folded back, saddened by his sister’s sorry state. He pulled her into a hug, allowing her to cry over his shoulder.

“Ah just wish… there was a better way ah could help Equestria,” She said tearfully. “And ah ain’t gonna do it by cannin’ applesauce to be shipped to the front while Braeburn dies out there!”

“What are you sayin’, AJ?” Asked Big Macintosh.

Applejack stopped crying, and looked into her brother’s eyes. Big Mac noticed a look of determination in her sister’s gaze.

“Ah’m gonna join the Guard.” She said, her tone carrying a hint of determination.

Big Mac’s eyes widened. He didn’t like what he was hearing.

“Oh no, AJ,” He said as he adopted a stern look. “We have enough of our kin servin’ in the E.U.P. Guard already. The last thing we need is you riskin’ yer flank out there.”

“Why not?” Applejack asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Fer one thing,” Big Macintosh began, “We’re basically the only ones here capable of runnin’ the factory. Apple Bloom’s still a filly, an’ Granny’s too old. Besides, yer the best at apple buckin’, and the reason Sweet Apple Factory’s been runnin’ so well. Factory work is still helpin’ the cause. We make enough rations to feed a whole regiment, and since the Borealis Fields aren't the best place for grazin', that's a good thing. Hay, from what ah’ve heard, even yer old friend Rarity’s in Manehattan makin’ uniforms for the Guard.”

Applejack’s expression remained unchanged.

“Are you sayin’ ah’m not fit for the Guard?” She asked her voice filled with a bit of anger. Big Mac started to sweat. He let go of Applejack, and she stood straight, tear stains still on her cheeks.

“N-no, o’ course not,” He said nervously. “It’s just that yer mah little sister. Ah care about Braeburn an’ the rest of the family as much as you do, but if you joined the Guard, than I’d feel the same way you do right now about them. An’ not just me, but so will Apple Bloom an’ Granny Smith.”

“Ah no, Big Mac,” Said Applejack, her expression relaxing. “But ah have to try. Mom and dad would have done the same thing in mah position. Dad especially wouldn’t stand here while our relatives were riskin’ their lives out on the front. If he was willin’ ta risk his life helpin’ the Orange family when they were cornered bah that sphinx in the Dismal Desert, then ah’m willin’ to risk mah life fightin’ against the Empire.”

“Ye sound jus’ like yer pa already, Applejack.” Said an old voice. Applejack and Big Mac, taken by surprise, turned to the direction of the voice, and saw Granny Smith. She was an elderly mare, with a pale green coat, a gray mane and tail, with light orange eyes. Next to her was an earth pony filly. Her coat was a pale, light grayish olive color, her mane was amaranth, and her eyes were a brilliant gamboge. A red bow rested in her mane. This was Apple Bloom, the youngest member of the Apple family.

“Granny! Apple Bloom!” Exclaimed Applejack, surprised to see her grandmother and little sister. “How long have ya’ll been there?” Granny Smith chuckled. “Long enough t’ hear ya say that yer gonna enlist so ya don’t feel left out.” She answered as she trotted over to them.

Applejack was a little nervous. Well, anxious might be the proper word to describe what she was feeling. Big Macintosh had already disapproved of her decision, and she was worried that Granny Smith would do so as well. Applejack bit her lip, waiting for her grandmother to tell her the same thing Big Mac did; that she was never meant to be a soldier like Braeburn.

“Granny…” She began, but a raised hoof from the old mare silenced her. Granny’s look of amusement was replaced with one of concern.

“Now, now, Applejack,” She said, “Ah understand where yer getting’ at. Ah’m worried about the rest o’ the family, too. Celestia knows how many times ah’ve lost sleep thinkin’ about what’ll happen to ‘em. But Big Macintosh has a point.”

Applejack’s ears folded back, sadness in her eyes.

“Like yer brother said,” Granny Smith continued, “We have many Apples servin’ in the army, but we also have many Apples workin’ at their own orchards, helpin’ the cause like we are. There ain’t no need fer more of our kin goin’ out there. Besides, apple farmin’ is our trade.”

“Exactly,” Said Applejack bluntly, anger dangerously rising in her voice. “Apple farmin’ is our trade. Not workin’ in some factory that’s blackenin’ the sky all day with smog, boilin’ apples and turnin’ ‘em into sour applesauce!”

“Trust me, Sugarcube, ah don’t like it either,” Said Granny, “After all, the sign says ‘Sweet Apple Factory’, and not ‘Sour Apple Factory’. But my point still stands.”

Applejack was about so say something, when they heard somepony clear their throat.

“Are we interrupting anything?” Asked a male voice. The four turned to see a trio of pegasi standing in front of them.

Two of them were clad in gold armor, indicating their status as members of the Canterlot Royal Guard.

The one in the middle, however, wore gold and red armor. Applejack guessed he was a lieutenant. His coat was a bright yellow color, and his eyes were chocolate brown. His tail was bright scarlet. On his flank was a red lightning bolt for a cutie mark. He had the look of an experienced soldier on his face, serious and calm.

“Who might you be?” Asked Granny, casually.

“I’m lieutenant Red Lightning, of the Canterlot Royal Guard, ma’am.” The officer replied, saluting. “We are here by order of Princess Celestia herself to find Applejack of Ponyville.”

Big Macintosh narrowed his eyes, pawing his hoof against the ground. However, Granny Smith raised a hoof in front of him before he could do anything rash. The guards seemed to be relieved by her action, but Red Lightning remained calm, his expression unchanged.

Granny looked back at them, a suspicious look in her eye.

“What for?” She asked.

“We cannot give full details, ma’am,” answered Red Lightning “All we can tell you is that Princess Celestia wishes to seek an audience with her.”

Applejack’s ears perked up. Princess Celestia wanted to see her? For what reason? It wasn’t every day the ruler of Equestria wanted to see a factory worker like herself. Then again, this could be a chance to join the Guard, like Braeburn and many others in her family.

Maybe, this could also be the chance to find the Twilight of her Equestria.

She regained her composure, a look of determination on her face.

“Ah’ll do it.” She said.

There was a tense silence. Applejack glanced and saw Granny Smith and Big Macintosh giving her concerned looks. She sighed deeply.

“Granny, Big Mac,” She began, “Ah know ya’ll are worried about me, and ah appreciate it, but ah can’t stay here while the rest of our family risks their lives fightin’ Sombra. This is mah chance to make a difference. Ah’m sure the mayor will send somepony to take mah place in the factory while I’m gone. Whatever the Princess has in store for me, I’ll be ready for it.”

She waited for the inevitable reply. For Granny to deny her the chance to help Equestria. But instead, Granny smith chuckled. “You are definitely yer father’s daughter, Applejack,” She said. “Ya always were more stubborn than a mule. Er, not that ah have anythin’ against mules. It helps that the Princess wants to see ya, too. Alrighty then. You can go. Ah’d say yer old enough to make yer own decisions, after all.”

Applejack was stunned for a second, only to beam happily, tears of joy welling up in her eyes, as she hugged Granny. “Thank you.” She said. Granny smiled and hugged her granddaughter back. “Just be careful out there,” the old mare said. “We don’t want our bushel to be short one apple.” “I will, Granny.” Said Applejack. The two parted, and Applejack faced Red Lightning. “Lieutenant Lightning, sir,” She said. “Ah would be honored to go to Canterlot.”

A small smile formed on Red Lightning’s face. He hoped he would say that, after what Captain Shining Armor told him.

“Very well, then,” He said. “Pack what you need as soon as you can.”

“First ah’ll need to say goodbye to mah family.” Said Applejack. Lightning nodded.

Applejack turned to Big Macintosh, who wore an uncertain expression on his face.

She smiled and gave him a hug.

“It’s gonna be okay, Big Mac,” She said. “Ah’ll be fine. Just make sure to keep the factory in tip-top shape while ah’m gone.” An maybe, when ah get back, it won’t be a factory anymore, she thought hopefully.

Big Macintosh smiled and returned the hug. The two parted, and Applejack turned to Granny.

“Goodbye, Granny,” She said. “Ah’ll be back soon.”

“Ah know you will, young’un,” Granny said, hugging her granddaughter once more. Once they parted, Applejack faced her younger sister, Apple Bloom. The little filly looked at Applejack with sad eyes.

“Oh, Apple Bloom…” Said Applejack.

“Applejack… promise me you’ll come back…” Said Apple Bloom, tears filling her eyes. Applejack bent down and hugged her, smiling.

“I promise, Sugarcube,” She whispered. “I promise.”

Hours later, after packing her things, Applejack came out of the farmhouse, wearing a Stetson hat rather than her bandana, carrying a sack of essentials over her back. She approached the lieutenant and his entourage.

“Are you ready?” Asked Red Lightning.

“Yep,” Applejack answered. “Ready as a bear on the last day of winter.”

“Very well, then. Let’s head for the train station.”

The three pegasi took their leave, Applejack behind them. The mare took a moment face her family again. “Apple Bloom,” She called, “Be sure to take care of Winona while ah’m gone!” “Sure thing, sis!” Applebloom called back.

Applejack smiled, and then turned to follow after the guards. She walked tall, and wore not an expression of sorrow and woe, but one of determination and eagerness.

Ah hope yer ready, Sombra, she thought, because there’s one more Apple joinin’ the fight.

However, little did she know, that somepony was watching her: A suspicious pony with glowing green and red eyes.

Canterlot?, thought the spy, I don’t why you’re going there, but I’ll find out soon, and so will His Majesty.

The pony transformed into a black shadow and followed after the four.

*****************************************************

The city of Fillydelphia was normally a tranquil town, full of happy ponies going about their business, much like many other cities in Equestria before the war.

But like the rest of Equestria, it had been put on the defensive. What was once a peaceful city, became an industrial stronghold for manufacturing the E.U.P. Guard’s weapons and equipment, namely the wool used to make the cloth that would be used to make the uniforms.

Hundreds of wool plantations were dedicated to the war effort, as were the shipyards whose ships brought sheep and goats to Equestria from their allies, such as Maretonia, Saddle Arabia, and Abyssinia. While many towns in Equestria had wool plantations who supplied the war effort, Fillydelphia was among the major contributors.

This was one of the reasons why the Crystal Empire sought to invade it, besides turning its inhabitants into battle-thralls. The Guard regiments deployed at Fillydelphia fought with all their might to push back the Crystal Armies, but it seemed like their efforts were in vain.

Until, of course, the Battle of the Borealis Fields, which saw King Sombra’s personally army pushed out of Equestrian territory. The news of Sombra’s defeat at the battle forced the invaders to retreat, leaving much ground for the E.U.P. Guard to reclaim. There was still plenty of territory under Sombra’s control, but it was better than nothing.

However, despite Equestrian victory at the battle, the threat of Sombra invading still lingered, and thus everypony in the city was afraid.

Particularly a timid yellow pegasus named Fluttershy.

**********************************************

Fluttershy walked anxiously to the fields, where the sheep and goats waited to have their wool sheared. A part of her really didn’t like doing it, robbing harmless creatures of the thing that kept them warm during the cold nights, but she had no choice. The E.U.P. Guard’s army, air cavalry, and special units needed uniforms for protection against the elements (and of course crystal arrows and other weapons, but that was what the armor made in cities like Manehattan was for), and without wool, the tailors in cities such as Manehattan would not be able to make them.

She let out a deep sigh, as she approached the door leading to the shearing fields. She stopped when she glanced at one of the many propaganda posters found all over Fillydelphia. This one in particular portrayed the face of King Sombra, with the words ‘he’s watching you’ written below his looming visage in big, bold letters.

She started to feel short of breath. Those eyes. Those sinister, evil red eyes. They stared right into her soul. And they were the eyes of a monster. With a whimper, Fluttershy looked away and opened the door, heading outside. She chastised herself for staring at that poster. She knew how much Sombra frightened her. Just the very mention of his name sent chills down her spine. And ever since the attack on Fillydelphia, she was even more on edge than usual. It didn’t help that there were propaganda posters warning about his spies being everywhere, watching everything everypony did.

Soon, she saw a flock of sheep, waiting in line to give up their wool. It may have been necessary, but taking their wool still felt bad. She pulled out her shears as the first sheep stepped forward, ready to be sheared. Fluttershy began to shear the sheep’s coat.

She couldn’t afford any distractions. She had to concentrate.

Unfortunately, she couldn’t help but dwell on her memories. Memories of when she was just a filly in Cloudsdale’s Flight School; where she was teased by the other pegasi there because of her shyness. It was not her fault, of course. There were so many ponies there that she did not know.

They were not like her family, whom she had known all her life.

Every day, she was teased by the other pegasi, particularly Hoops, Dumb-Bell, and Score, a trio of athletic but brutish pegasus colts who took great pleasure in belittling her. To say it was heartbreaking would be an understatement.

But then, one day, during the trio’s usual bout of bullying, an unlikely savior had come to Fluttershy’s aid: a cyan pegasus filly with a prismatic mane and tail named Rainbow Dash. Like Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash was also bullied, particularly teased with the name Rainbow Crash, after her infamous first impression at Flight School in which she fell into a garbage can after failing to perform a stunt. Since then, the two became friends.

Apparently, Rainbow Dash had had enough of the bullies teasing Fluttershy, so to defend her honor she entered a race against them. She didn’t know who won at the time, as she was accidentally knocked off her cloud the moment she waved the flag to start the race, plummeting to the earth below. It was a miracle she survived, as a swarm of butterflies saved her from hitting the ground.

That was her first time seeing the land below the clouds, as it was also the first time she saw the land-bound creatures. She was elated at the sight, filled with joy like no other. But it was fleeting, for the animals took their leave, leaving Fluttershy.

After the teachers brought her back to Cloudsdale, since she was too clumsy fly back up, she went to find Rainbow Dash. When she found her, she was in a state of misery. She told her what happened during the race: She managed to incapacitate Dumb-Bell and Score, and was about to get ahead of Hoops, when all of a sudden, she was stopped by a force of magic. Fluttershy had asked her who won, to which Rainbow Dash answered “Hoops.”

Since then, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash rarely saw each other, until later, Rainbow Dash left. All she left was a note on Fluttershy’s door, telling her that she was sorry for failing her, and that she was a terrible friend.

Fluttershy let out a sorrowful sigh as the memories came back to her. She wanted to find Rainbow Dash, to tell her that she wasn’t a terrible friend, that she did her best. But she never did find her.

Of course, there was something about her experience that felt… off. Like Rainbow Dash was supposed to win the race, but not just for the reasons she thought.

While she sheared the sheep, lost in thought, three pegasus stallions wearing the armor of the Canterlot Royal Guard approached her. At first, she did not notice, until she saw three shadows looming over her. She let out a high-pitched squeal of fright and leapt into the air, the sheep she was shearing two minutes ago running away. She turned to face the ponies and relaxed when she saw they were only Celestia’s guards.

“Oh, I’m sorry, sirs,” She apologized, floating back down. “It’s just that you startled me.”

“Our apologies,” replied the lieutenant, a green-coated stallion with blue eyes, a bright yellow tail, and a cutie mark the shape of a yellow shield with a blue thunderbolt on its surface. “We didn’t mean to scare you.”

Fluttershy nervously pawed at the ground with her hoof, a nervous expression on her face. “Um, can I help you?” She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

“Yes,” The lieutenant said. “I am Lieutenant Thunderblaze of the Canterlot Royal Guard, and we were sent by order of the Princess to find a pegasus pony named Fluttershy here in Fillydelphia. Judging by the description we were given, we believe that you are Fluttershy.” Fluttershy’s eyes grew wide, and she shrank back. Thunderblaze quirked an eyebrow. “Yep,” Said a guard. “She’s the one, alright.” Fluttershy let out a pitiful, frightened whimpered. “P-please, don’t hurt me,” She said, practically begging. “I’m not one of S-S-Sombra’s spies, I swear. I’ve n-n-never hurt anypony in my life.”

“Easy, young’un,” said Thunderblaze, “We’re not here to arrest you. The Princess seeks your presence in Canterlot.”

“But why?” Asked Fluttershy.

“We cannot say,” The lieutenant replied. “Captain Shining Armor and Commander Stratos said that all would be explained once you arrive in Canterlot.”

Fluttershy pondered for a moment. She didn’t know why Princess Celestia of all ponies would want to see her. She was just an ordinary pegasus. It wasn’t like she had any skills beyond shearing sheep and goats, even though it made her sick to her stomach.

But then, a thought occurred to her. Whatever the Princess had in mind for her, maybe it could help her find Rainbow Dash after all these years. She looked up at the three stallions, small glint of courage in her eyes.

“I’ll… I’ll do it,” She said. “I just hope it means I’ll find Rainbow Dash.”

The two guards next to Thunderblaze gave shocked looks when she heard her say the words “Rainbow Dash”.

“You’re friends with Captain Dash?!” asked one of them, completely awestruck. Fluttershy squeaked in surprised at the sudden outburst, but then composed herself. “Well, we knew each other since foalhood, so… yes.” She said meekly.

The guards glanced at each other, speechless from what they just heard. Thunderblaze rolled his eyes.

“If you two are done,” He said, a hint of annoyance in his voice, “We should get going.”

The guards immediately snapped to attention. “Yes, sir!” They said.

Fluttershy couldn’t help but giggle quietly. Still, she was a little anxious about going to Canterlot. But if it meant she would find Rainbow Dash, it would be worth it. Besides, with so many ponies suffering from the war lately, it would give her the chance to help.

Hours later, Fluttershy already packed her things, carrying them in a sack slung over her back. She shyly looked at Lieutenant Thunderblaze.

“I’m… I’m ready.” She said.

The pegasus stallion smiled, and the four left the wool farm, making their way to the train station. Fluttershy walked with a feeling of confidence she thought she lost long ago. The confidence to find Rainbow Dash.

However, unknown to them, a mysterious pony in a black robe was watching them, his eyes glowing green and red underneath his hood.

“Canterlot, huh?” He said to himself. “I better follow them. I’ll need to gather more information.”

He then transformed into a cloud of smoke, flying after them.

Author's Note:

I was originally going to have all of the Mane Six appear in this chapter, but I thought it was too long, so I split it into multiple chapters. I hope you enjoy this.

Feel free to give me constructive criticism.

I edited out the processor part, because it looked like in the scene from the cutie remark that Applejack was taking them somewhere else, like a supply depot or train station. I also made few more edits on behalf of Granit. And I added a few more edits.