• Published 13th Aug 2016
  • 19,432 Views, 231 Comments

The End. - Frozen Feathers



After the events of Anon-A-Miss, Sunset is left feeling alone and isolated. How can she cope with her worst fear coming true? Loneliness.

  • ...
20
 231
 19,432

Notes from a Princess

The next time the door opened, a nurse walked in. Sunset remained curled on her side, staring out the window. She had been given a ground floor room, which made her snort. The nurse slowly checked over everything. She glanced at Sunset and frowned in worry. She jotted out a few notes before clearing her throat. When Sunset didn't move, she did it slightly louder. Still no response. Finally, the nurse crossed to the other side of the bed and crouched to look at Sunsets face. Sunset finally made eye contact with her and the two just stared at eachother for a moment. The nurse smiled.
"How are you feeling today?" she asked kindly. Sunset sighed and slowly pushed herself into a sitting position.
"I'm fine. When can I leave?" she asked flatly. The nurse smiled, standing.
"Not for a little while, I'm afraid. We have to keep you here for observation and you need to finish purging the pills you took from your system. Then, we'll decide where you'll go." she said with a small smile. Sunset blinked.
"What do you mean where I'll go?" she asked, glaring at the nurse.
"Well, we need to see if you're...stable or not."
She gaped at the nurse for a second. She hadn't even considered that they might put her in a long-term hospital. She cursed in her head and huffed, crossing her arms. The nurse smiled again before leaving. Sunset groaned.
***
Sunset stood at the doors of the hospital. She was finally leaving. They had only kept her there for about two weeks, but it had felt like forever. They had finally deemed her safe. She smiled one last time at her nurses before turning and walking out the doors. She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply, enjoying the feeling of freedom. Her smile dissapeared the moment she saw Applejack. She was sitting on a bench in the park across the street. She jumped up when she saw her and ran across the road. Sunset hugged herself tightly and took off at a brisk pace down the street. She could hear Applejack yelling for her but she didn't stop. Applejack finally caught up to her and grabbed her forearm. Sunset, without thinking, swiftly threw her off and swung behind her, pinning her arms. Applejack yelped in surprise. Sunset, realising what she had done, shakily let go and backed away. Finally, she crossed her arms and turned, continuing on her way home.
"Don't touch me. Just leave me alone" she called behind her. She sighed a little when she heard the footsteps retreating. That relief lasted up until she saw Applejack dive out from a bush, cutting off her path. Sunset took a step back and Applejack held out her hands.
"W-Wait!" she pleaded. Sunset stopped for a moment before scolding herself and continuing on her way.
***
She slid the key into her door before shoving it open. It swung open into...nothing. Sunset sighed in relief. She had been worried Pinkie would've tried to throw some type of a party, but was relieved that she hadn't. Sunset walked into the main room, kicking the door shut behind her. It was, for the most part, as she remembered. A few things had been cleaned. Clean blankets were folded on her couch. Any perishable foods she had left out had been put neatly into her refridgerator. Sunset sighed. After everything she had gone through today, she was tired. She stretched, feeling her back pop. She made her way to her bedroom and lied down, falling asleep almost immediately.
***
She woke up to a strange buzzing sound. She reached for her phone, but that wasn't the one buzzing. Groaning, she forced herself up and made her way to her closet. Inside was the culprit. She grabbed the flashing book and flipped it open. Blinking a few times, she began to grope in the darkness. Her book. It was vibrating loudly, flashing golden light across the room. Sunset rubed her eyes and climbed back into bed, the book tucked neatly under her arm. She leaned over and flicked on her light before cracking open the book and reading the latest entry.
Are you okay? Holy shit, Sunset! I just... I don't know what to say. Are you okay? Wait, what am I saying? You just tried to kill yourself, for Celestia's sake! Of course you're not okay! Oh gods oh gods. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you. I'm so sorry that I was never there for you. Oh gods please forgive me.
Sunset blinked, her eyes trailing up the page to the entry before that one. It was from her side, but it was in Fluttershy's cramped writing. It read:
Sunset just tried to kill herself. Please help her. We messed up. We messed up bad. We...we broke her. I'm sorry. Please help her. She's in the hospital now. Please.
Sunset clenched her jaw. They had found her book, which meant that they had gone through her things. She sighed and read the next few entries, all from Twilight.
Sunset? Please, please respond. Let me know that you're okay. Please please please be okay. I wouldn't be able to take it if you're not.

Please gods please, let her be okay

Please

Please

The last entries were all a few days apart. Sunset sighed and grabbed a pen from her bed side table. She let it hover above the page before pressing it down and writing, shakily.
Dear Twilight. No, you're right. I'm not okay. Physically, I am. But mentally? No. I'm just tired. Tired of having to prove myself constantly, tired of having to make myself seem worthy, tired of this life. I am tired. And please don't blame yourself. You did everything you could have. None of this is your fault. I... I miss home. I miss my old bed and town. I miss the grass and the ponies. I even miss hooves! I miss you, too. I'm sorry. Please don't worry too much.
With that, she closed the book and held her palm to the logo on the front until it gave a small vibration. She set it down and turned off her light, lying down. She fell asleep easily.

Author's Note:

Here you are. I'm honestly just angry right now. Guys, please don't get mad with long delays. I'm not saying this to brag, but I am taking all AP classes, many of which give home work every. Single. Night. And I'm in a full time club with competition season starting in a week. And when I do have free time, I just want to relax and draw or something. Also, if you're going to be a dick, it makes me not want to post here any more. So a huge thank you to those of you who were patient. You guys are awesome.