• Published 17th Aug 2016
  • 1,090 Views, 12 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Odd Jobs - SumDankPony



Spaz, or Speak Easy, is a earth pony from Stable 45. He used to be one of the few mechanics in a haphazard stable filled with careless ponies, but what if Spaz is put into a frightening world where the only problem to worry about is surviving?

  • ...
6
 12
 1,090

Stable 45 (backstory)

Stables in The Long Walk:


Now if you’ve come to The Walk, looking for Stables to plunder.
Well, you’re not in luck.

The Walk has it’s fair share of military bases and and 3rd party fallout shelters, but Stable-Tec only built one Stable out here in the South, that Stable being Stable 45 of course.
Sadly, the door to the place has been welded shut for a while and the whole thing is flooded with radiation. It’s best if you just stay away from the place in general.

The Stable is located under an apartment building about 3 miles far from Big Top on the main road, the apartment building itself isn’t that interesting but you might find some mediocre loot there.

I met a stallion from the Stable a while ago that provided some more information on the place.

The ponies that lived inside the Stable had to follow a rule where they were expected to be born, have children, and die at specific ages.
When it was tie for an occupant to die, he/she would be placed in a chamber with other ponies that would then fill with radiation. After the deed is done, the pony’s body is used for fueling certain machinery in the Stable.

I can’t tell if that’s sad, messed up, of just boring.
Then again, it’s not my place to tell.
Use this information as you will, I think you should stay away from the Stable in my opinion, there’s not much to gain from unsealing the door.


A passage from Destinations of the Wasteland volume 4
Written by Ballpoint Script
Research done by Globe Trotter

Author's Note:

I want to make these 'Backstory' chapters be part of a lesser-known novel series written by a character by the name of Ballpoint Script, she'll play a part later on in Odd Jobs. She will detail some of the backstory and lore I've created for The Long Walk, but also have some chapters detailing her views on the events that take place in the story.

Hopefully this isn't that confusing.

Oh, and before I forget,
Welcome new readers! if this is your first reading of my story, hopefully you enjoy it!
:D