• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 2,031 Views, 32 Comments

The Dishonest Truth - Arbiter Balemead



When Fluttershy and Braeburn become close, is it easy to remain honest over jealous for Applejack?

  • ...
5
 32
 2,031

Epilogue

Applejack stood nervously next to the Princess. She knew this wasn't going to be bad. It was a happy occasion, in fact, but that didn't stop the sweat on her back. She stood patiently through the preparatory music, trying not to look nervous.

Noticing her distress, Princess Celestia leaned her head down, and whispered, "It'll be okay. Once those doors open you'll forget you were even nervous." She smiled kindly when Applejack turned to look at her.

"Ah hope so." She murmured back, turning to look at the assembled crowd. It was a small service; only Big Mac and Granny Smith were sitting in, while Fluttershy's mother sat on the other side of the room. It had honestly shocked Applejack how similar Fluttershy's mother was to her. The only difference between them was that Joystar, Fluttershy's mother, had a slightly darker set of colors. She was much less timid than her daughter and a little less self-aware.

Applejack glanced beside herself, at Rainbow Dash, who smiled warmly and reassuringly. Behind her stood Rarity, and on the other side of Celestia stood Twilight and Pinkie Pie. Applejack took another deep breath and looked back at the door.

She pulled at her collar uncomfortably. This suit Rarity had made by Applejack's request was really good looking and all, but it was uncomfortable as all tarnation. She glanced over at Rainbow again, not quite sure why she didn't just wear a dress like all her friends had. Maybe it was because she wanted to maintain some semblance of tradition and there was no stallion to wear the suit here.

The music suddenly changed to the familiar tune that always played at ceremonies like this one. Applejack turned back to the door just as it opened to show Fluttershy standing in a long white dress. At first she seemed to freeze up, but her father, Starchaser, led her forward with confidence. Applejack could barely breath correctly, let alone get her heart rate back to normal at the site of Fluttershy in such a beautiful ensemble.

She felt somepony nudge her ribs and glanced at Rainbow. "Ain't she pretty?" She asked with a grin.

"Yeah." Applejack replied, turning to look at her bride again. Fluttershy arrived at the alter, beaming from ear to ear and stood beside Twilight, facing Applejack. Celestia began the ceremonial words, but neither payed close attention until they got to the end.

"Do you, Applejack, take Fluttershy to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Ah do."

"And do you, Fluttershy, take Applejack to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Then by the my own power, I now pronounce you mare and wife. You may kiss the bride."

"C'mere you." Applejack said she grabbed Fluttershy and pulled her into a kiss. The small crowd cheered in delight at the new couple. Congratulations were shouted, and good wishes were bestowed, but neither heard them.

They were a bit preoccupied.

Comments ( 3 )

Did you write this just to make Braeshy supporters mad?

Hm.. I never would have expected this :rainbowderp:
I was expecting some Braeshy...
But this was so adorable~
I don't regret reading this :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment