• Published 9th Jan 2017
  • 5,152 Views, 275 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Survivor's Guilt - RuinQueenofOblivion



After 200 years, Scootaloo wakes up from magical stasis to find herself in the Equestrian Wasteland. She has to figure out a new place for herself when her friends and family are all long dead as a new threat looms on the horizon, one from her past.

  • ...
16
 275
 5,152
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 28 )

Interesting afterword, I admit, even if I don't care about Gambit as I never really got invested in her story honestly.

8873342
Well, the idea being that of the original living characters, Gambit is the last one standing thanks to the fact that she's an Alicorn. Other alicorns probably survived, but the idea was a final goodbye to a good friend, a friend who inspired many, rallied an entire nation to their cause, and changed the entire world for the better, Less about Gambit - more about the relationship Gambit and Scootaloo shared, and the pains of being practically immortal, as well as the thought that - Regardless of how much time advances, some things will always be the same, because War isn't the only thing that never changes.

8883354

Heh Silver is a Character I feel that will live along time in stories. Next to the next character I will have in Rainfall.

do the events of this story take place pre or post DoSR [day of sunshine and rainbows]

9036271
that would put it during the epiloge of FoE ...does it have conection to any other side stories, like project horizens or murkey number seven or is it pure FoE standalone?
im asking so i know which gear to set in my brain, fics that include those cannons have alot more lore to draw on then just the core FoE setting and i kinda have the 'pure' foe and the 'expanded' foe settings in my brain under diffrent folders [the way i order my thoughts is weird, sorry]

9036367 It’s in continuity with my other fics but it’s more or less explained as needed without major spoilers usually. Pink Eyes is canon and PH is, semi canon meaning I pick and choose what is and isn’t canon from it.

9036376
Just putting it out there. Someone has probably mentioned it before, but, you do know Calamity found Scootaloo at Dash's shack, right?

9296311 Okay, I've addressed this before but I will say it again.

Calamity found the skeleton of a Pegasus mare at Dash's shack. Calamity is not a scientist, he does not have access to a full DNA lab or have the ability to compare that of the skeleton to Scootaloo's. To quote Steelhooves, "Skeletons usually do not come with nametags." What Calamity found was a skeleton that has been assumed, keyword assumed, to be Scootaloo's. There is a grey area that this falls under and that gives enough reasonable doubt to make this story possible.

9296333
As I recall, there was also a recording of Scootaloo saying she was going there. I wasn't trying to piss you off, just I nitpick. It is literally what I do

9296346 Yes and these are valid questions. I addressed this in the story itself, Scootaloo was rescued and placed in a special stasis pod that healed her before she reached the shack. The skeleton belonged to another Pegasus.

These are things I thought of before I wrote the story. Thank you for your concern, but I already thought of all of this and explained it in the story itself.

9296354
then i look forward to finding it when i get around to reading the story

9373742
Speaking of now I have to read wasteland jewel before continuing this....any more requirements I should know about?

9374001 Really, I keep most of the details vague enough so you're not spoiled too much other than the obvious ones...

this was such an awesome and captivating story to read, i really loved it ! :D

10120916
I got a question. I don't really read Fallout Equestria stories tho the one I did are amazing, however, that's not the point. I was watching an audio story on Fallout Horizons and stop after a while and don't know where I left off. I could read from the start but I know some bits and what's the fun in watching or reading or listening to something you already know. Should I read/listen/watch Project Horizons?
Second question as I've said I don't really read Fallout Equestria stories and Idk if I should read Fallout Equestria. I read the description but just not that interesting to me. It's third most popular in the Fallout Equestria group but not sure if you've seen it.
Btw if you're wondering why I'm asking is because you've clearly seen the other Fallout Equestria stories if your story is anything to go off of.

10122551 it is worth a read, just don’t expect a happy story

10129760 Actually that was my girlfriend's idea.

Loved the story. Thanks.

10122666
Let's see... It's been two years, and in that time I've read Fallout Equestria, almost all of Project Horizons except the last ten chapters, Operation Stardrop, The Chrysalis, currently reading Duck and Cover, and something else I feel like I'm missing...

Oh dear, I've read a lot of FoE now... Might have to come back to reread this one, I never got past chapter 31 after I burnt myself out bingeing this story a far bit too much... Oh dear, I'm just dropping myself back into the land of heartache known as the Fallout Equestria fandom.

Managed to breeze my way through this and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It was good fun to see Scoots cross paths with other FoE side characters, some I know well and others not so much.

I appreciated the examination of Winter Breeze trying to do the right thing in the wrong way, perhaps feeling a need to take on the wasteland with the same 'mighy makes right' mentality that permeates a lot of groups out there. Made it refreshing to have the 'villain' redeemed and continue playing a part. I should probably remember that when I get further along in my own fic.

Again, a good story with a good, somewhat bittersweet, ending, albeit much more sweet than bitter.

11258606 Yeah, Winter was meant to be a foil to Scootaloo. I'm glad you liked it.

Ah, so you made this, but why is your name familiar? Smfh I hate my memory loss

11498925
Imagine a twist, imagine doing the Steel Rangers forst

11685731
Oh, that's good to know. I look forward to reading this story more. I need to refresh my knowledge a bit anyway since I have a long road ahead of me

Login or register to comment