• Published 24th Jun 2012
  • 15,323 Views, 270 Comments

A Doorway to Another Place - Java Joe



A magical doorway opens a whole new world for Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
46
 270
 15,323

Surprises all Around

It was a Saturday morning and Rick awoke to the sound of somebody knocking on the door. Groggily he got up, careful not to disturb Twilight as she slept soundly next to him and searched for something to throw on before going to the door and seeing who it was. Needless to say it was the shock of his life.

"Mom... Dad!?"

"Look dear, I told you he'd be surprised to see us" his Mom said giving him a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

"W-w-w-what are you doing here?" he asked with more than just a little bit of panic in his voice as he stepped out into the morning chill and carefully closed the door behind him.

"Do we need a reason to come and see you? Oh don't give me that look, we're just passing through on our way to see your Aunt Janice so we're not staying long. It's been such a long time since we saw you that we thought it would be nice, " his mother continued.

His father shrugged and simply said, "it was your mother's idea. For some reason she's got it into her head that you need looking after."

"Yeah, look I'm really happy to see you two but I've kinda got company and I don't want to make things awkward. You know, her meeting my parents like this."

"You have a girlfriend and didn't tell us? Oh, I need to meet this girl who's so special my own son doesn't feel it's necessary to tell his mother."

"No, please, not like this, " Rick was into a full blown freak-out. There was no way his parents would understand the girl in his life was a pony. Hell, sometimes the concept was still rather silly to him but there was no denying the attraction or the feelings they shared. "She's still sleeping, why don't you come back later and you can meet her then?" Hopefully by the time they came back, Twilight would be back home and he could come up with some other excuse.

Before anybody could say anything else, the door behind him opened and he heard a familiar voice say, "good morning, my name is Twilight Sparkle". Rick nearly fainted when he heard this but this turned to outright astonishment when a very human looking Twilight stepped past him to greet his parents.

"Twilight Sparkle, you say. Is that your stage name dear?" Rick's mum asked once introductions had been made as she eyed the young beauty sitting demurely in front of her wearing one of her son's dress shirts and oddly enough his boxers as well. His father was more pragmatic about it and simply said to Rick in a voice that didn't carry to his wife, "nice work son. She looks like a keeper."

"Actually my parents were hippies, I grew up on a commune and everybody there had a name like 'Rainbow' or 'Applebloom'. I'm actually a librarian, " Twilight said.

"A librarian with that hair colour?"

"Yes Mom, she's a librarian and has purple hair with pink highlights. She's also a vegetarian, enjoys a drink once in a while, has a tattoo of a star on her butt and when company isn't around likes to walk around nude which explains why she's wearing my clothes as hers are in the wash. Not that I mind any of those things, but I'm just getting this out there right now."

"Well, far be it from me to cast any judgements on your new friend. Whatever happened to that nice Julie you used to see? She was such a nice girl."

"You mean the one that had a green mohawk, multiple piercings, worked in health food store, smoked weed and you called a shiftless dreamer who wouldn't amount to anything? Last time I checked she was going through law school and working to become an environmental lawyer."

This went on for a bit. During that time, Rick's dad was being a little more friendly with Twilight.

"Sorry about his mother, she's a little overprotective of him and sometimes this can come across as hostility towards his girlfriends. She'll come around in time. I see the way you look at him and how he looks at you so I know you two care about each other. I'm not going to interfere and I won't press anything but I think you're exactly what Rick needs right about now."

"Thank you sir. I appreciate it."

"Please, call me Walter, " he said with a smile.

"I will, thank you Walter, " she responded with a smile.

"So Rick, how's work?" his father asked trying to steer the conversation away from Twilight.

"Well, it's good. Although technically I'm kinda between jobs right now, " Rick really didn't want to speak about his "business" of selling Equestrian gems which made him rich enough not to have to work.

"Between jobs? Are you okay? Do you need some money for rent? Your father can speak to your landlord if you want and set something up, " his Mother going into full mother hen mode.

"Mum, it's okay. Technically we own the house. We bought it last month."

"What? You bought this place and you're still living in the basement?"

"Actually we're remodeling upstairs and once it's done we'll be moving up there, " Rick lied. He knew when he started this that the truth would eventually come out but he just didn't expect it to be this soon.

"And how did you pay for all this?"

"Actually I paid for most of it. My grandparents were wealthy and left me a lot of money provided I left the commune and got a real job. I liked books, and learning so I became a librarian. And it was in the library that I first met Rick, " Twilight smiled as she put her arms around Rick and gave him a big hug.

Rick could tell that his mother was looking for a reason to argue or disagree with this but was having trouble doing so. He attempted to move the conversation to a less personal line. "So you said you were going to see Aunt Janice. How is she doing now?" Okay it was lame, but Rick was still reeling from too many shocks this morning.

They chatted pleasantly enough for a little while longer when finally Rick's father said they needed to leave if they wanted to make it to Janice's place by this afternoon. They said their goodbyes, Rick promised to call more often and finally they left.

"Babe, I am so sorry about my Mum. She means well but can't quite get it through her head that I'm no longer a child. And now that that's out of the way, " he waved his hands in her direction, "where the hell did this come from?"

She placed her arms around his neck and kissed him. "You know, I could get used to this. It's so much easier to kiss you this way."

"Yes, it's all well and good but how?" Rick ran his hands down her body and she felt exactly like she looked. A quick peek inside her shirt and a rather lengthy exploration of her backside and he had to admit that the look was complete. "I mean you don't just look human, you actually feel human with all the in and out bits that go along with it."

"It's a spell I was working on for the longest time, I didn't want to show you right away but when I heard your parents upstairs I figured either I do so or try to hide and have you explain how your fillyfriend escaped through your bedroom. So do you like it?" she twirled around, letting him get a good view from all sides and he had to admit, she looked good as a human.

Rick smiled as something suddenly occurred to him, "hold on. If you're human now, does this mean I can show you around my world a bit?"

"One step at a time Rick. I'm not sure how long I can hold this form, " and almost like that without warning the magic gave out, Twilight immediately lost height and reverted to her pony form. She looked a little unsteady but was able to make it back to the couch before collapsing.

"Twilight? Twilight! Don't make me slap you to wake you up unless that's a turn on or something."

She nodded groggily then sighed. "Sorry, that just got away for me for a moment. Whew! Well, there you go. Right now looks like about 1 hour. Sweetie?" she looked at Rick.

"Yeah babe, what do you need?"

"Caffeine then a cuddle and a maybe a nap after. I haven't decided yet."

"Alright, c'mon, " he picked her up and made their way to his bedroom where he lay her down on the bed. He walked over to the coffee machine and was about to start it but the soft snores coming from behind him said that it could wait.

Yawning a bit himself, he decided that maybe going back to sleep was the best thing right now. He lay down next to her, turned off the light and fell asleep himself.

He awoke a couple hours or so later to find Twilight gone. There was a light on in the apartment so she must be in there. He wandered out and saw her walking about in her human form just running her fingers over objects and feeling different textures. She was also completely naked and he was pleased to see her cutie mark was actually still on her butt. Damn, she looked fine as a human and her appearance did cause a certain physical reaction in him which he tried to cover up as best he could while watching her move about.

She turned his way and gave a little startle when she saw him, then smiled and hurried on over to give him a big hug and run her hands across him. "These hands are incredible. They're so sensitive and versatile! Everything feels like it's brand new. I just want to touch and feel everything!" Her exploration of Rick's clothes and body continued until she got to his groin and noticed his arousal. She smiled sexily at this. "Do you like what you see? Is this reaction because you saw me walking around naked?"

"Hey, I'm a guy. I'm programmed to react that way to the woman in my life is walking around nude then holds her beautiful body against me. So yes, this is entirely your fault for being so desirable."

"Do you prefer me as a human?" she said a little uncertainly.

"Babe. The first time I was with you, you were a pony. I fell in love with you as a pony. But I have to admit that I like you as you are now. The constant of course being that it's you in there. I'll admit that the human you is very arousing especially how you're looking now but even if you never used this spell again and stayed a pony forever I'd still love you and I'd still want you. That hasn't changed."

She smiled and then said, "in that case, there's something I'm dying to try." Taking his hand in hers she led him back to the bed, helped him remove his clothes, lay down and beckoned him to join her.

"I'm assuming you want to see the difference in how it feels between human and pony?" Rick asked as her caressed her body.

She gasped when his fingers slowly traced their way down her body before gently rubbing between her legs. "Sure, " she said breathlessly, her eyelids fluttering slightly. "Let's go with that!"

Partway through her first orgasm her concentration must have been broken as she once again reverted to her pony form but neither one cared although it make for a slightly awkward segue. All that mattered was they were together and sharing their love and desire for each other.

As they lay there in that warm, fuzzy period of post-coital bliss Rick raised the question. "So, did you prefer one over the other?"

She smiled dreamily, thought for a moment and said, " they're different and yet the same. Although I will say you feel a lot bigger when I'm human. You never stretched me like that as a pony."

"Thank you... I think. But I'm guessing it's because your human form was still a virgin. I think we'll have to conduct more tests to find out if the same thing holds true later on." He leaned in and kissed her gently.

"Mmmm, sounds good to me." She stretched a bit and said, "I think I'm ready for that coffee now."

Fetching two cups of coffee, Rick came back to bed and gave one to Twilight before rejoining her under the covers.

"So what do you want to do today?" Rick asked her.

"We're going to visit Rainbow Dash in rehab."

"Oh. Right. I forgot."

"Rick, don't lie. I know you don't like to see her in that condition and neither do I, but this is important to her and it's a good thing that her friends are there to support her during this time."

"Yeah I guess, " he sighed. "It's just difficult seeing the pain in her eyes when she sees us together. She might try to hide it, but it's still there."

"I know, " Twilight leaned against Rick, he put his arm around her and they just sat there for a few moments without speaking. No words needed to be said.

When they got to the clinic, Rainbow Dash was sitting outside in her wheelchair, AJ was already there trying to get her out of the chair.

"C'mon sugarcube. You can do it, " AJ coaxed.

"No I can't."

"Oh stop being such a baby. Yer physical trainer is gonna come out here soon and he's gonna get you outta that there chair and on your hooves like yer supposed ta. Now show him who's boss and git!"

"She being stubborn again?" Rick asked as they walked up.

"Howdy stretch! Yeah, this little filly's bein' a royal pain in the butt."

"Hey! I'm sitting right here you know!" Rainbow Dash complained as the two ganged up on her.

"Ah know you are sugarcube but you need to work at gettin better. The longer you stay in that chair, the harder it's gonna be to git you out."

"C'mon Dash. Is this same Rainbow Dash who's too cool for everything? The same Rainbow Dash that did a sonic rainboom? The same Rainbow Dash who won the youngest flier competition and who's going to be a member of the Wonderbolts one day? Or should we just start calling you 'wheels' from here on in?" Rick was getting a little mean with his comments but he knew that Rainbow Dash needed a large push to get her going. She had been wallowing in self-pity for so long that the wheelchair was effectively her protection from the world. AJ saw this and gave a slight nod. They were going to have to work on her pride before she was ready to get out.

"Ah don't know Dash. Maybe he's right. Maybe yer days of being the most awesome pegasus are over and it's time fer a new pegasus to take the title."

"What? I'll show you I'm still awesome!" And with those words, Rainbow Dash slid out of her chair and gingerly put her feet on the ground. She had always hated the feeling of the ground under her hooves, but her wings were still healing so she had no choice. She was a little wobbly, but she did manage to stand. "There! I stood up!"

"That's great. Now, walk to me, " AJ commanded.

Her face screwed up in concentration, she took a couple faltering steps towards Applejack. Once or twice she almost fell, and you could see she was working hard at trying to stay up. All the while, AJ, Rick and Twilight gave her encouragement until finally she reached Applejack who threw her hooves around Rainbow Dash and hugged her.

"Ah knew you could do it sugarcube!" AJ cried. "Ah'm so proud o' you!" Applejack then did something unexpected. She kissed Rainbow Dash full on the lips and the pegasus reciprocated. Rick and Twilight stared, a little shocked as this was not a development they had expected. The two fillies broke the kiss then a slightly blushing Applejack turned to the others and said, "ah uh, guess we have a bit of an announcement to make."

While Rainbow Dash was going through her physical therapy, the three of them sat by an old oak tree and AJ related the story.

"It's like this. Years ago, when we was just fillies, Dash and ah had a bit of a competition going on. We're both really competitive n' stuff but we was friends too an' respected each other an' what each one of us could do. Well we was getting to that age where a filly starts ta get innerested in stallions. Problem was, we didn't know wut we needed ta do ta rope one in an keep 'im. So one night, Dash and me head off ta our secret clubhouse and we tried stuff out on each other. Stuff like kissin', and being mounted. Of course we wasn't equiped for that so we used a carrot and some straps then later we just stopped pretending it was about stallions. We stayed together fer a while but then Rainbow's folks moved to Cloudsdale an my folks died in a freak storm so ah needed to help out on the farm more. Dash and me saw less and less o' each other until we just drifted too far apart. Then, she comes back ta Ponyville all banged up like she was an' my heart just went out ta her. All them feelins we had just came back and we picked up where we left off."

"That's great! " Twilight said, full of enthuiasm for her two friends. "Are you two going to get married?"

"Well shucks sugarcube, we ain't even talked about that yet. Nah, we're gonna wait a mite longer. There ain't no rush to get this done. Dash is talking of movin' in with me at Sweet Apple Acres but we'll have ta see. We're taking it one day at a time right now." She looked at Rick and Twilight for a moment before looking away back at Rainbow Dash. She sighed, "an there's two things I'd like ta do. The first is ah'm gonna ask the two of you ta keep this under yer hats. Ah slipped up and kissed her because ah was so happy for her but right now ah don't want the other fillies to know. Pinkie Pie will wanna throw a big party, Rarity will get all gooey an' ask for all the gory details and Fluttershy will just say it's nice. An two, part of me wants ta thank you fer forgivin Rainbow Dash. That took a lot of pride and if it weren't fer that, then she and me might not have gotten back together and she'd still be moonin' over you."

"And the other part? What does it want?" Rick asked.

"The other part o' me wants to kick yer butt for makin' 'er cry. It's a good thing for you that ah'm not the type ta hold a grudge. You and me is square. Ya'll helped out at the ranch and did a fine job on that fence and Dash and me are back together. Which reminds me, " she reached into one of her saddlebags and brought out a large ceramic jug. "This here is some good ol' Apple family apple moonshine. Don't let the sweet taste fool ya, this stuff goes down easy but it has a kick on it like a mule. We still make a batch of this every year ta honor my ancestors and the land they tamed to help start Ponyville. It's also an Apple family tradition to give a gift of it when somepony has done them a great service. It connects us together, makes us like one big family." She popped the cork and took a swig directly from the jug. "It runs through our veins, " she then handed the jug to Rick and motioned him to drink from it which he did. It had a sweet taste, went down easy but then exploded like fire once it hit his stomach. He handed it to Twilight who took a similar sip. "And now it runs through yer veins too. Y'all may never be a pony, and y'all might never have an Apple member in yer herd but y'all are now part of the Apple clan at least in spirit."

"Or more aptly in 'spirits', " Rick said with a bit of a smirk. Both Twilight and Applejack didn't get it though so he just said, "sorry, bit of a lame pun there. And this is how I say thank you and welcome to the family, " He motioned Twilight to come closer, when she did he brought all of them together into a large hug. They broke the embrace, he was surprised to see tears in AJ's eyes and he felt quite misty himself.

"What's with all the hugging?" Rainbow Dash said as she slowly made her way over to them.

"Just welcoming them ta the family darlin' in the old Apple tradition."

"That's cool, " Rainbow Dash said in her typical way. She sat down next to AJ and leaned gently on her. She was among friends and family now and didn't feel the need to act other than she felt. After a moment she looked at Rick and said, "don't let this go to your head or anything, but I wanted to say thanks for everything."

"Not a problem Dash. I hope the two of you are happy together."

"Don't worry, she will be, " AJ said as she put a hoof around her fillyfriend and kissed her. Rainbow Dash, sighed a bit and lay her head on AJ's shoulder.

"I think we should leave you two alone. We'll see you again next week, " Twilight said as she stood up.

"Yeah, and thanks for the moonshine. It really is a special gift, " Rick said putting the cork back in and taking the jug by the neck.

"Mah pleasure. When it's time to make the announcement to the fillies, ah want both of you to be there."

"Gladly, " Twilight said. They then turned around and walked back to the library, leaving the two ponies to sit and enjoy each other's company.

"So what's on the agenda for the rest of the evening?" Rick asked as they slowly made their way back to the library.

"Nothing. We're free to do whatever we want."

"Cool. Wanna get drunk and horse around?" he said shaking the jug of moonshine.

"Maybe, but we're not wasting that. It's special."

"Hey, any day is special if you want it to be but I get the point."

They walked back into the library, Rick went to put away the moonshine and grab some coffees. When he came back Twilight had booted up her laptop and was currently googling. He had gotten it for her a couple months ago and she used it often not only to send him messages and e-mails but to research Earth and human society in general.

"What you looking for?" he asked.

"Nothing in particular. Just wanted to see what 'horse' has to do with fooling around. So far there's no real explanation for it."

"That's slang for you. The meaning of the words get lost over time and people forget what it used to stand for. No big deal provided we all know what it means now. So, what do you feel like tonight?"

Twilight thought for a moment then said, "pizza. And that movie with the princess and the pirate."

"Sounds like a perfect evening. My favourite food, movie and girl all together at once. Rainbow Dash is on the mend and we have an extended family here in Equestria. Seriously, life simply does not get better than this."