• Published 11th Aug 2016
  • 7,058 Views, 121 Comments

Tell Me Baby - Gpizano



With the Anon-A-Miss incident out of control, Sunset Shimmer finds strangers better company than those she thought to be her friends.

  • ...
10
 121
 7,058

What's Your Story

“Where do you think you’re going bitch?!”

A swift pain in the back of her head followed, a sharp pain from knuckle followed by a full bodied throb as the rest of the fist made contact. It made the girl see stars as she stumbled forward, the toe of her leather boot catching on a long groove in the cracked sidewalk that tipped the battle in favor of gravity and sent her to the ground. Her knees and palms ached from the impact, but it was barely noticeable, one of her hands going up to touch the back of her head. Teal eyes squeeze shut in pain as even the lightest of touches elicited more pain but she forced them open again as she heard her attacker skulk closer to her.

“You think we’re stupid? We know you’re fuckin’ Anon-a-miss Sunset Shimmer!”

She looked up to the girl speaking to her, a tall, muscled, white haired girl that looked ready to kill her. She’d never paid Gilda much attention, the boorish girl was a relatively small fish that only knew how to get angry, get in your face, and punch. No finesse, not that finesse was a factor now that Gilda had her sights set on kicking her ass.

A grunt left her as she was picked up by the back of her shirt and lifted to her feet, followed by a wheezing, pained gasp as Gilda’s fist connected with her stomach and knocked all the air out of her body. As her arms moved across her mid-section, Sunset found it hard to breathe with the coughing fit she was going through, and even more so to choke out a few words.

“Please… not me.”

Why she thought that would gain her any mercy was beyond her because when she looked up, all that she could see on Gilda’s face was a look of pure contempt. Gold eyes glinted with malevolent intent as their owner pushed Sunset against the wall, holding her up by her leather jacket.

“Fuck your lying ass! I put up with your shit when you had dirt on me, I held back because Rainbow Dash would’ve stuck up for you. But now that you showed your true colors, it’s open season!”

Smirking, Gilda pushed her fist back, aiming to smash the red and yellow haired teen’s teeth, wrecking that pretty face of hers as Gilda had been dreaming of doing for so long.

“I’m just lucky I got the first shot!”

“Hey, step off man!”

Before the brute could even react, something collided into her side, hard. Sunset felt herself being pulled along at first until an arm moved across her chest and pushed her back. Gilda’s grip was strong enough that it actually tore part of the right side, leave a large hole on the chest where the zipper was now separated from that area.

“What the fuck?!”

“What, you wanna try something?! I’m from So-Peg and I’ll fuck you up bitch!”

This gave Gilda pause as she eyed the newcomer before shooting a dirty look to her initial target.

“You got lucky, I’ll finish this later!”

With that she pushed herself up onto her feet and bolted, disappearing around the corner as Sunset Shimmer’s savior continued taunting.

“That’s what I thought! You better run!”

Then the person turned to her, grinning sheepish as they said.

“Honestly she probably would’ve kicked my ass but hey. How’re you by the by? Not too bad?”

Everything had happened so fast that the red head needed to take a moment to catch up, but once it did she took the chance to get a good look at the interloper. The first thing she noticed was the eyes, a startling silver grey in color and they stuck out more than the rest of her comparatively. Her hair was shaggy short and a sort of Cobalt blue color if she had to guess (she’d heard Rarity go on for hours about different shades of colors and some actually stuck). Her clothes were fairly common, a black t-shirt with a red and a blue electric guitars crossed at the necks, a pair of blue jeans, and black and white chuck taylor sneakers. Her skin was a shade of jade green and a black wrist sweatband with what looked like a red asterisk on it.

“Uhhh, hey? You there?”

Not realizing she had been staring at the blue haired girl for too long a time, Sunset Shimmer snapped back to attention when the other waved a hand in front of her face.

“Er, yeah… thanks by the way.”

“Hey, no problem. I see someone in trouble, I gotta’ do something ya’ know? Looks like she messed you up pretty good though. You been crying?”

Aside from the tear on her jacket, the knees of her jeans were worn thin after having hit the sidewalk, her blouse was ruffled and dirtied and her hair was a mess. Sunset didn’t doubt that her eyes were bloodshot, having cried her heart out hours earlier after having fled from the school after the other students ganged up on her once again.

“It’s nothing…”

“Don’t look like nothing. Why don’t you stick with me? I’m Jackson Vibrato, friends call me Jackie.”

“… Sunset Shimmer.”

She’d only hesitated a moment but what could be the harm? She’d never seen this girl in school and it seemed like she wasn’t from around her. Yet the second she had given her name, Jackie’s brow furrowed in thought before her eyes widened.

“Whoa, hold up. Sunset Shimmer… I’m visiting a friend out here, Treehugger, she-“

“I KNOW ALRIGHT?!”

At that moment Sunset Shimmer snapped, she’d thought she had run out of tears hours ago but a fresh wave began to flow from her eyes. The other girl stepped back as Sunset took a step forward, hands clenched into fists as her features warped into one of anguish and frustration.

“I used to be bad, I turned into a fucking demon! I know that puts me at the top of the fucking list to be that Anon-a-miss that’s been spreading rumors and embarrassing secrets about everyone! But it’s not me! I SWEAR TO CELESTIA IT’S NOT FUCKING ME!!!”

Not able to bare the oncoming spite, Sunset Shimmer lowered her head and held onto her arms, trying to stop the shaking and choke down the sobs wracking her body. Completely at the end of her rope, she just wanted the other to spit her insults and leave. What she didn’t expect though, was a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“Hey, hey… I’m sorry, alright?”

After taking a moment to compose herself, the teary-eyed red head dared to glance up and was further surprised to see a soft, sympathetic smile on Jackie’s face.

“… you… don’t hate me?”

“Well I’m not gonna’ lie, after all the things Treehugger and the rest of her hippie friends told me, I was about to give ya’ a piece of my mind. But after a breakdown like that, I’m thinkin’ you’re telling the truth.”

Then after a moment of her seeming to mull something over, Jackie pulled her hand back and opened her arms.

“I’m not much of a hugger but-“

Not even able to finish her sentence, Jackie found herself almost knocked over from the force of Sunset Shimmer rushing into her arms and found it a little hard to breathe from the almost desperate embrace.

“Thank you! Thank you!”

“I’d say it’s no biggie, but if I’m right in guessing the amount of crap you’ve been through, I guess it is a biggie.”

While not comfortable with such a prolonged hug and the poor girl holding on for dear life, Jackie waited it out, giving the other a pat on the back every now and then until Sunset Shimmer finally let her go.

“Hey, I’m thinkin’ since you feel like a chili dog, how about we go get one? I’ll even get you one with cheese on top and a can a’ soda!”

“Um… I’m a vegetarian.”

“Really? Well, it’s not Los Pegasus but they veggie-tize things out here right? I’ll buy you a tofu dog or whatever it is they do.”

Although still apprehensive around a relatively complete stranger, just the simple act of a free cheap meal was already starting to lift Sunset’s spirits. A small smile came to her face as she thanks the other, who shrugged in response as she lead the way down the street.

“De nada. So tell me Sunset Shimmer, what’s your story?”


“DUDE! That is fucked up!”

A mother passing by with her child shot the duo on the bench a dirty look as she covered her child’s ears but Jackie couldn’t be bothered to notice since she was so engrossed in Sunset Shimmer’s tale. They had gone to the park and found a food truck that specialized in hot dogs and bratwurst, they even did a good veggie dog as well. Jackie had claimed that the food trucks back in Los Pegasus were more creative and varied but that the food was pretty good for the price. Jackie had wolfed down her chili-cheese dog almost immediately while Sunset took moderate bites at a slower pace, she was down to her last bite while Jackie was taking her last gulp of Dr. Pepper.

“I mean, yeah you turned into a demon and had to be blasted by some rainbow power. But you fixed up, you were being nice and you broke even by saving their asses from some manipulative supernatural pop singers. And I mean, you’re not dumb, I can see that just by talking to you, why would you leave SO MANY clues pointing it back to you? What did you even have to gain from messing with people? I mean, was everyone in your school dropped on their heads when they were babies or were they just born stupid?”

“Honestly I’m surprised you’re just accepting that I’m telling the truth about there being things like magic and sirens.”

“Wellll, mixed feelings on that honestly. I mean, you say you got that crown from your hometown. How did no one find a mystical crown of power before now? And how is no one investigating your damn school after the front got blown off or when they saw like, the light show at the battle of the bands? I mean yeah you can discount videos but you’re telling me no one else saw that and no one else at the school is talking?”

Crushing her now empty can of soda and tossing it into the trash can by the bench, she was about to go on when she noticed the uncomfortable look on Sunset Shimmers face. So Jackie grinned and gave a shrug of her shoulders.

“But hey, what do I know about how the world works? Anyways, the point is if no one is going to believe you and keep giving you shit, what’re you gonna’ do? Are you gonna’ get proof if you really do know who it is or what?”

Instead of answering, Sunset Shimmer looked down to her can of Sprite as a sad, contemplative look came over her face.

“I don’t even know if I can get proof. Or if anyone will even believe me anyway. Unless they come forward and confess everyone will just think I’m lying. I… don’t know what to do.”

She continued looking at her can of soda, wondering if she could ever go back to school. If from now on she’d continue to be alone and forced to stay cooped up in her apartment, too afraid to show her face around town in fear of being verbally ganged up on or worse. Sunset dreaded even the thought of seeing her friends around town, knowing how fast they turned on her and how much they seemed to hate her now.

“Get lost.”

That caused Sunset Shimmer’s head to shoot up, looking wide-eyed and confused at Jackie, hearing one thing but seeing a completely different message from the way Jackie was grinning to her.

“Yeah, just get lost for awhile. Get a map, pick somewhere on this continent, and go there. I mean your school isn’t shit to deal with this, your friends up and ditched you, and it looks like this Anon-a-miss jerk isn’t going to let up. If you leave maybe this whole situation will calm down and people will actually use their brains for once and figure out this isn’t you.”

While Sunset seemed hesitant to accept the idea at first, the more she thought about it… why not? Hell, she’d done it before on a grander scale considering she had hopped dimensions back when she was angry and petulant towards Princess Celestia. Running off in the same dimension couldn’t of been hard, right? The only problem was where to go…

Deep in thought, Sunset Shimmer looked back to Jackie as an idea came to mind.

“You said you were visiting right? From Los Pegasus?”

“Uh, yeah? Why?”

It only took a moment of the red head staring at Jackie before the blue haired woman’s eyes opened wide.

“Wait, what? Seriously? You’d want to come along with me? I mean, you know you don’t hitch hike with strangers right?”

“I know… but I don’t know anyone outside of Canterlot and I don’t have friends here anymore. Please, outside of one person whose out of reach right now, you’re the only one whose been kind to me. Please.”

Squirming in her seat, Jackie ran a hand through her hair and tried not to look at those pleading, pretty teal eyes. They were so sad, yet so full of hope as they silently pleaded to her. Harrumphing and hawing for a few seconds, Jackie finally tilted her head back as she groaned out.

“Okay, okay, okay! You can come with me. You can even crash with me at my place since I’m sure you’ll need it. I’ll swing by your place tomorrow morning to pick you up. Say about eight. So be ready by then.”

All the anxieties Jackie had over taking a stranger home seemed to melt away slightly at the smile on Sunset Shimmer’s face. She couldn’t help but smile as well as the red head thanked her profusely.

“De nada. Now come on, I’ll walk you home and then get going back to Treehugger’s place. She’s probably wondering why a trip down to the liquor store for some chips is taking so long.”

They both stood up from the bench and headed in the direction of Sunset Shimmer’s apartment, Sunset feeling in much higher spirits than she ever had been since this whole Anon-a-miss incident started. There was still a lot to worry about and she wouldn’t know how long she would be gone, but she had a feeling things were finally starting to look up.

Author's Note:

So yeah, thinking this is one of those things that needs to be continued. More OCs on the way and I hope you like them. Along with the Humane 5 realizing they done fucked up in the future.

Also I wanted to put horsey names for like the sodas and stuff, but when I tried to think of something for "sprite" and that I couldn't think of anything good for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I just threw my hands up in the air. Hope y'all understand. XD