• Published 28th Sep 2016
  • 3,702 Views, 158 Comments

Achieving Divinity: Dragon's Deception - The Joeker



After finally settling in to his surroundings in Equestria, our hero,Tyrath Kyelinth is sent through time by Erlking, the traitorous Goblin! When the 'reunion' goes horribly wrong can he reclaim his memories and past life? Hell, does he even want to?

  • ...
13
 158
 3,702

Chapter 25: Command & Conquer- err I mean just Command.

Author's Note:

Happy late Armistice Day, the 11th month, the 11th day, the 11th hour. When the guns fell silent.



Using Rainbow Dash's recent acceptance into the Wonderbolt Academy, Princess Celestia tasks Tyrath with inspecting Equestria's top Air Force Squadron, to see if they can help against the Black Ring. He is also told to take Command of the Academy for his stay there, implement any changes necessary and tour the grounds. He needs to learn how to be equally stern and kind to the recruits, learning how to effectively command Ponies. Rainbow Dash, being a friend of Tyrath, may get a little too comfortable... Will Tyrath be truthful to her?

We were waiting for the mail that decided whether Rainbow Dash got into the Wonderbolt Academy or not... I had looked them up, and they were Equestria's Elite Flyers, top of their game. Although they were mainly used as stuntponies and did shows, they were supposed to be formidable. I also knew this had been Rainbow's dream since she was a filly, so it was very suspenseful. I even tried to use my influence a little to not alter the decision, but to see what it was beforehoof. No luck, as they were very strict on this kind of thing(good job, that shows discipline and integrity.) So I was just as anxious.

We were all sitting below Rainbow Dash's home (pretty much a cloud mansion) At the mailbox, waiting. We were all sipping beverages.

"Ooooh, I wish the mailpony would just come already! I can't wait another minute to find out if Rainbow Dash got in or not!" Exclaimed Pinkie, burying her head in her hooves. Rainbow and her were very good friends and prank buddies. In fact, I'd joined in once or twice. Ponies appreciated their Prince being more outgoing and I enjoyed it. Pinkie was really hoping her friend could see her dream become true.

"Pinkie Pie, you're more nervous than Rainbow Dash." Pointed out Twilight, as Rainbow was sitting calmly with us, while Pinkie was pacing.

"I'm not nervous at all. When I get into the Wonderbolt Academy-" Started Rainbow, but Pinkie bseet upon her.

"IF you get in! If you get in! Don't jinx it!" She exclaimed.

"I'm telling you, it's in the bag." Rainbow shrugged her off.

"Don't jinx it!" Yelled Pinkie.

"In a bag? I thought in was in an envelope." I stated.

"No it-" Started Twilight before everypony began laughing and she joined in.

"OK, you got me. But Rainbow's right. She's got this."

"She is the best flyer in Ponyville." Stated Applejack, taking an apple from the picnic basket. Rainbow Dash sped past her and turned a cloud into a slide in seconds.

"In Ponyville? I'm probably the best flyer in all of Equestria." Said Dash and slid down the slide, gently floating backwards. "I wouldn't be surprised if they just went ahead and made me a Wonderbolt on the first day." She stated, her eyes closed before she bumped into the mailpony.

"Got a letter here for Rainbow Dash." He said. "And one for tinlath keyring?" He asked.

"Second one's mine." I spoke I took it. Rainbow took hers and I waited for her to tell us first... She read it excitedly but her expression turned sad...

"I... didn't get in." She said. We all gasped. Yep, even me. "Gotcha!" She laughed, showing us the tick symbol. "Ha, you guys are so gullible. Like I wasn't gonna get in!" She exclaimed. Suddenly, Pinkie tackled her out of the air and wrapped her in a vice-grip hug...

"I'm just sooooooooooo happy for you!" She squealed.

"Uh... Thanks?" Asked Dash more than said, with Pinkie still squeezing her...

"Pinkie Pie? I kinda need to get going." She said. Pinkie then squeezed her exceptionally tight and let her go.

"Okay. I'm done!" She stated.

"First, what mail did you get Ty?" Asked Rainbow. I opened my envelope and read it quietly to myself...

"Well?" Asked Twilight.

"Dear Prince Tyrath, my love..." I said.

"Awwwww...." Said everypony...

"Shuddup..." I blushed for a second before coughing. "Upon receiving the news on Rainbow Dash's acceptance into the Wonderbolt Academy, congratulations by the way Rainbow, I had a thought." I spoke, reading the letter. "So, in light of this news, I am sending you to the Academy also, to inspect the facilities and to implement any changes you deem necessary in order to combat the Black Ring threat. I am also making you Commandant, the top Commanding Officer, for the duration of your stay there. Be well my love, give my regards to Spike, Creature and the girls. Yours always, Princess Celestia." I read.

"Aww, she's so sweet." Smiled Fluttershy.

"And she congratulated me! Me! For getting accepted!" Rainbow pumped her hoof in the air. "And you're going to be my Commanding Officer!? Awesome! Just don't go easy on me." She said.

"As you wish." I smiled. I summoned Creature.

"Yes Master?" He asked.

"I am going to be at Wonderbolt Academy for a week or so to inspect their facilities. I need you to watch over Ponyville for me while I'm gone." I said.

"As you wish." He bowed.

"Dash? Shall we?" I asked.

"Right, The sooner I get there, the sooner I get to show 'em my stuff!" She said and grabbed her already prepared pack. "See you guys in a week!" She waved.

"See you girls later!" I also waved.

"Good luck!" Called Applejack.

"Won't need it! Follow me Ty!" Said Rainbow as I summoned my wings in Human Form(a little spell I worked on so I could gain access to flight quicker.) and flew after her. Suddenly, we heard:

"DON'T FORGET TO WRITE!!!" From Pinkie Pie...

...

Rainbow and I flew over the Academy, observing. There were Ponies marching in synch. Some doing push ups, some doing pull-ups, some flying though hoops and doing loop-dee-loops.

"Oh, yeah! This is gonna be sweet!" I heard Rainbow say gleefully.

"Right, report for roll call. I'll be there soon." I said.

"Aye sir!" She saluted with a smile.

I was waiting out of sight for Commander Spitfire, as she was introducing me to the new recruits. She began marching along the line of recruits..

"Well, lookie what we got here. Bet y'all think you're Wonderbolt material, don't ya?" Asked Spitfire.

"Yes, ma'am!" They all said.

"Think you got what it takes to be an elite flyer?" She asked.

"Yes, ma'am!" They exclaimed.

"Well then. Let me be the first to tell you... You don't! If you had what it took to be an elite flyer, you'd already be a Wonderbolt!" She put them down. "Still think you're something special?" Asked Spitfire, closing in on a mare.

"No, ma'am!" She cowered.

"Well, I'm Commander Spitfire. But let me introduce you to our new Commanding Officer. And believe me, he's literally spite more fire than I do!" She said and gestured to the end of the runway. In Dragon Form, I flew up, gave a mighty roar and landed before the recruits, shaking the Academy. Quite a few cowered away. I turned back into my Human Form before them.

"Greetings Wonderbolt Recruits. My name is Tyrath, Tyrath Kyelinth. I am your Prince. And also, I am your new Officer." I spoke. Silence. "I said, I am your new Officer!" I exclaimed.

"Welcome Sir!" They all exclaimed.

"Better. Now then, let me get this straight, I am your worst nightmare. You hear me?" I asked, softly.

"Yes Sir!" They exclaimed.

"I don't need to shout, or yell. I can break you like a twig, in more than one way. I can outfly anypony here. Know why?" I asked.

"No Sir!" They replied. Rainbow had a grin, knowing I could but probably also knowing I was bit of a cinnamon bun...

"Know that it is not because I am a Dragon. Dragons do not instantly know how to fly. We train, we learn, we discipline ourselves. We get thrown off cliffs in order to teach ourselves how to fly. I have pushed myself to become the best I can be. It is your turn." I said. "I won't sugarcoat this. These are dark days for Equestria. The capital was attacked by the Black Ring not long ago. An army of evil beings. They look like I do of most of the time, but they are much uglier, with face markings. You may be called on for battle if you pass. I will be observing your training. Only when I will be glad to rely on you in battle, will you pass this course." I said. "Will I be proud to call on you in battle?" I asked.

"Yes Sir!!" They yelled.

"Even the Wonderbolts themselves are undergoing harsher physical training due to this new threat. Now, Commander Spitfire. Continue." I nodded. She nodded back.

"He speaks the truth, recruits. We're lucky to have him, especially with you pathetic lot." She spoke. "Ya think you're hot stuff?" She asked to a Pegasus I'd seen flying around Ponyville every now and then. He had the muscles to give an Ogre a hard time... Although his wings were smaller than Scootaloo's. "You look like you're the worst flyer in the whole Academy! You'll probably quit after the first day!" She said to Rainbow, who had a look of determination. I chuckled slightly.

"No, ma'am! I'd never quit, ma'am! She answered.

"Ha. What about you? Bet you couldn't fly past the first flagpole without getting winded." She said to the last mare in line.

"Try me, ma'am." Smirked the Recruit... I saw Rainbow Dash glance at her.

"What's that?" Asked Spitfire, looking over her glasses.

"Let me show you what I've got, ma'am." Said the Recruit, still grinning.

"Ah. You want a chance to prove yourself, huh?" Asked Spitfire.

"Yes, ma'am!" Nodded the Recruit. Spitfire looked to me.

"What do you think, Prince?" Asked Spitfire.

"Prove yourself, huh? 800 laps." I smirked. They all moaned except Rainbow Dash and the recruit, although their eyes did widen. "Did I s-s-s-s-stutter." I asked quietly pacing the line.

"No." They answered.

"If you don't get your feathered flanks up their right away, I will throw you up there myself. And I promise, space is not good for your health, which is where you will end up. You have three seconds to lift off." I said. They all entered flight quicker than any Pegasus ever.

Spitfire blew a whistle and they begun.

"800 was 300 too extreme in my opinion. Tone it down a little." Smiled Spitfire.

"Thank you Commander, I will." I nodded.

"Lap 1!" She exclaimed...

;45 minutes later;

"Lap seven-hundred and ninety-nine!" Called Spitfire as a blur rushed past, making the two Pony assistants and a Pegasus cough. I was secretly cheering Dash on.

"One more lap to go!" I heard Dash challenge.

"You're on!" Said the Recruit from earlier. They both sped past us, coming to a screeching halt on the tarmac.

"Eight hundred!" Called Spitfire. "Not bad... for a couple of newbies." She complimented, but I could tell she was impressed.

"Name's Lightning Dust." Said the Recruit.

"Rainbow Dash!" Greeted Rainbow, they slapped their wings together.

"Wanna grab some grub in the mess hall?" Asked the Recruit.

"Definitely." Nodded Rainbow. "Ty! You comin'?" She asked me.

"Mind if we go on a tour after my meal?" I asked Spitfire.

"Sure, they others have got a little to go anyway." She nodded. "MOVE IT MAGGOTS!!!!" She yelled. As I followed Rainboe and Lightning.

"Wow, you know the Prince?!" Asked Lightning, thinking she was whispering, but I can hear all.

"Yeah, he's like one of my best friends." Dash smiled at me.

"But he was so harsh back there! Even for me, that was rough!" Said Lightning. "No offence Sir." She said.

"None taken, I tend to agree." I shrugged.

"He's really just a big softie, ain't 'cha Ty?" Asked Rainbow, bumping me.

"I don't know about soft..." I chuckled.

;Creature's POV - Ponyville;

I saw Pinkie opening the mailbox every five seconds to check if Rainbow Dash had sent a letter... Meanwhile, I was busy carrying papers to and fro... How Master kept up with all this I don't know... I was struggling. But Master gave me a task to complete! I saw Applejack walk over to Pinkie, concerned.

"Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash hasn't even been gone twenty-four hours yet. Give her a chance to settle in first. Why don't we just go see what Twilight's up to? I hear Princess Celestia's got her workin' on some new spells!" Exclaimed Applejack. Pinkie brightened up.

"New spells, huh? Okay." She nodded and began to follow before gaining a look of realisation and running back to the mailbox. "Wait! If I'm not here when Rainbow Dash's letter arrives, I won't be able to read it right away. And if I don't read it right away, I won't be able to write her back right away. And if I don't write her back right away, she might think I didn't get her letter, and then she might worry it got lost. And if she's worrying about her letter, she'll be distracted. And if she's distracted, then she won't do well at the academy! And if she doesn't do well at the academy, then she'll get kicked out! And if she gets kicked out, they'll never let her be a Wonderbolt! And if she doesn't get to be a Wonderbolt, all her dreams will be crushed! And it will be all... my... Fault!" She spoke quickly... I even looked up from my letters.

"So in other words, you're stickin' by the mailbox." Guessed Applejack.

"Yep!" Grinned Pinkie.

"Suit yourself." Shrugged Applejack. "Creature! How ya doin'?" Asked Applejack.

"Busy. A little overwhelmed with dealing with Lord Tyrath's paperwork..." I sighed.

"Ya do know that Ty takes a portion of the Princesses letter for 'em so they can get a break? You could ask 'em to take a few back on for now. Or ask Twi for help. I'm sure she-" Began Applejack. No chance.

"No! Master has given me and me alone a task to complete, and I will complete it!" I exclaimed, going back to them while walking... I saw Pinkie still opening the mailbox ever few seconds.

;Tyrath's POV;

I had my tour of the Academy, and I have to say I'm impressed. I had told Spitfire there needs to be a little more physical work but otherwise it was all great. She seemed happy at that. The next was a test. One that I asked to partake in. All the recruits had been given flight suits.

"The Wonderbolts are the fastest, best precision flyers in the world. But spin-outs can still happen. And when they do, a Wonderbolt must be able to recover quickly." Said Spitfire. Everypony looked excited. "This... is the Dizzitron." She said and pulled the cover away from the device. "It's gonna make you very – I repeat – very dizzy. Your task is to try and recover and fly straight again, as soon as possible. Once you have recovered you must come in for a smooth landing." She said. "Now, the Prince has elected to go first. He wants to run some courses with you, as he has never graduated this Academy, he feels he needs the experience. He has requested the fastest setting, which is NOT recommended for anypony else. My Lord, would you?" She asked and gestured to the device. I summoned my wings and I strapped in.

"Shoot." I grinned.

"You're not putting goggles on?" Asked the Commander.

"Goggles? Please." I huffed.

"Very well. Do it." She nodded. They began spinning me. They call this spinning? I've had worse mind control spells attempted on me. "Release." I heard. They let me go and I went flying into the air. Luckily, due to my weight I slowed instantly. I held my wings out and steadied myself, I pulled an incredibly sharp turn, again, one that would sheer any Pegasi in half. while veering slightly left and right, I landed perfectly, but staggered about for a second...

"Fuckin' A." I smiled with a grin and I staggered left and right. I shook my head out and regained my sense of direction.

"Excellent. This was the best time in record history. Luckily for you recruits, he has requested we keep the record breaking for you lot only, so the record can still be broken." Nodded Spitfire. "Now, which of you is going first?" Asked Spitfire, Lightning and Rainbow shot their hooves up. Spitfire ignored them and pointed at a mare. "You." She stated.

"Me?" She asked, looking at the machine with hesitance.

"Ma'am, I think I should go first." Spoke Rainbow.

"What?!" Asked Spitfire.

"Ma'am, I have something to prove here. The Prince is my friend, and I want to show him I can do this. That he doesn't need to go easy on me." Said Rainbow.

"Those with something to prove always do well here. Very well, I will allow this as long as Lord Tyrath does." She said and turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Very well Dash. I will grant you this." I nodded.

"Well? Get in!" Exclaimed Spitfire and Rainbow strapped in.

"Yes, ma'am!" She saluted.

"Okay, go!" Said Spitfire and the Dizzitron spun.

"Release!" Yelled Spitfire. Rainbow did and recovered in no time, speeding past us. "Six seconds? That's an academy record." Said Spitfire. "You." She pointed to a mare.

"Me?!" She asked, looking as the machine nervously.

"Now!" Yelled Spitfire. The recruit rushed into the machine. "Ready?" Asked Spitfire.

"Yes, ma'am!" Stammered the recruit nervously.

"Go!" She ordered. "Release!" She exclaimed once it had spun enough. The Pegasus managed to land quite quickly.

"Huh. Fifteen seconds. Decent, but I wouldn't go writin' home about it!" Spitfire Who's next? Alright, Rainbow Dash. Let's see what you got.

"You made it look so easy." Said the mare, stumbling over to Dash.

"I make everything look easy." Dash shrugged.

"Okay, Lightning Dust. You're up." Decided Spitfire. Lightning got in.

"Ma'am, can you put the Dizzitron at maximum speed? I wanna push my limits." She said, putting her goggles on.

"You sure about that?" Asked Spitfire, even she hesitated.

"Yes ma'am. The Prince is tough, sure. I want to push myself like he said." She smirked.

"Okay. You asked for it." Shrugged Spitfire.

"Release! Six point five seconds. Not bad." Said Spitfire.

"Heh! Oh yeah!" Both Rainbow and Lightning celebrated by bumping hooves.

"Next!" Yelled Spitfire, startling Rainbow and Lightning.

"Good job Lightning! I'm impressed! You too Dash! Well done for breaking Academy records." I smiled. I shook Lightning's hoof, but Rainbow hugged me.

"Thanks Ty. But you had the fastest time! Plus you're more hardcore than anypony in Equestria." Smiled Dash.

"How so?" Asked Lightning. I grabbed an empty shot glass from somepony walking past. I smiled, crushed it in my hand and threw the shards into my mouth, chewing them. I swallowed the glass and let out a satisfied 'Ahhhh!!'. "OK, granted, you have got to be the most hardcore out of anypony here." Said Lightning, wincing.

"That doesn't come close to hardcore for me, but sure." I shrugged as we watched the remaining recruits so theirs. They were all out of sorts by the end of it. We winced as the final recruit crashed...

"No pony even came close to six seconds." Smirked Dash.

"They should make us Wonderbolts right now." Giggled Lightning.

"Yeah, they should." Agreed Rainbow.

"Listen up! For the rest of the camp, you'll be working in pairs." Informed Spitfire. "'Morrow morning, I'll post the teams, including who'll be lead pony and who'll be wingpony. Both Prince Tyrath and myself will be deciding. And good luck." She finished.

"Like we're going to need it." Smirked Lightning.

"Heh, yeah." Agreed Rainbow, bumping hooves with her.

"Hey, Ty!" She called after me. "I don't mean to be presumptuous, but..." Said Rainbow, gesturing to the others.

"I'll do my best Rainbow." I nodded. I didn't want her to think I was working against her, but I also didn't want her to think I was going easy on her... I met Spitfire in her office.

"My Prince." She bowed.

"I want your honest opinion of me. What's your view on the great Hero, Tyrath?" I asked.

"Honestly? At first I thought you had been given too much authority for somepony not only inexperienced, young and new to being royalty, but new to this world. I thought Princess Celestia had let her feelings override her judgement." She said and took her glasses off.

"And now?" I asked.

"Now I see I was wrong. You've made sure to keep the core of this Academy. You suggested one change, and that was more physical exercise. Something I agree with. You weren't picky or conceding. You said it how it was. You have experience far beyond your years and know what you're talking about with this new threat. You aren't afraid of joining the recruits, taking criticism and mingling with them." She said.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"I saw you in the Mess Hall. You sat with them, chatted with them. I heard you giving them tips on flying and balance. They see you as a mentor. The type of intimidation you employ is silent. They can come to you for help, but they know what you're capable of and will never disobey or cross you. It's a good type." She nodded. "They respect you. And I do as well." She admitted. "I would be proud to have you fight beside me." She said. "And I hope you feel the same." She said.

"Of course. You're one of the most courageous Ponies I know. A total hardass, but you have their best interests at heart." I smiled.

"Thanks." She smiled. "Anyway, teams. What were you thinking?" She asked.

"It's all yours." I shrugged.

"Cool. Oh, I was thinking of putting Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust in the same team." Said Spitfire.

"And I. She doesn't want me to be lenient on her or too strict. Therefore, I'll be strict be making her a Wingpony, and lenient by making her part of the best team." I nodded.

"Good call. So you're fine with me choosing the teams?" She asked.

"Commander, this is your show. I am good at observing but it's your flight group they're joining. You know best." I nodded and exited her Office, going to my quarters to get some sleep...

...

The next day I observed the Ponies at the posting board, reading their teams. Most seemed happy.

"So, which one of you lucky gals gets to be my wingpony?" She asked. The two mares chuckled. "What?" She asked.

"Eh, you might want to check the wall." said Cloudchaser. Rainbow Dash read the board.

"A wingpony!?" She exclaimed and walked away sadly. Well, shit. Can't win 'em all.

"They made us a team! Isn't that awesome?" Asked Lightning, putting her wing around Dash. Who wasn't happy. Later on I was in my office, looking out of the window, sipping a drink.

"Err, permission to enter Sir?" I heard Rainbow say.

"Rainbow! Of course! What can I do you ya?" I asked and sat at my desk.

"You made me a wingpony." She stated.

"Yes. You didn't want me too strict or lenient. There you go." I shrugged.

"Yeah, but I thought my talent would account for me being a leadpony!" She exclaimed.

"Look, Lightning is a risk-taker. We need that. She'll push you." I said.

"Commander Spitfire told me the same thing. But I was kinda hoping... Can you make me leadpony?" She asked.

"OK, fine." I relented.

"Thanks." She said and turned to leave.

"Wait... No." I stated.

"Huh?" She asked, turning back around.

"I won't make you leadpony Rainbow. You may be my friend, but my decision is final." I spoke.

"What the hay!? You're supposed to be my friend!! So you're a backstabber now?" She asked. I stood up and slammed my hands on my desk, making her jump.

"Don't you test me Dashie." I growled "Speak to me like that again and I'll snap you back so hard you'll start back at square one here." I told her. "I am your Commanding Officer. I put my duty first. I always have time and room for friends, but will give no preferential treatment. One wrong hoof again and I'll see you discharged." I warned.

"Wh- what?!" She asked, shocked.

"Dismissed." I spoke, carrying on with some paperwork before the next test.

"Bu-" She began.

"I said, dismissed." I stated, not looking at her.

"Yes Sir" She answered and left... When she did I slouched in my chair and ran my hands over my face.

"Ay..." I groaned...

...

As the recruits began to line up, I saw Rainbow sulk over to Lightning who proudly presented her gold badge. Rainbow stuck a fake grin on her face and Lightning put it on.

"ATTENTION!!!" I yelled and they all stood to.

"Today you will all be participating in a flag hunt. We'll divide you into two teams, red..." She spoke and an assistant burst through blue team, holding up the flag. "And blue." She spoke and another assistant repeated the action with his colour. "Whoever finds the most flags of the opposing team's colour wins." Explained Spitfire. Everypony began cheering.

"Oh, this is gonna be so much fun!" Exclaimed Meadow Flower.

"Fun? Oh, you couldn't be more wrong. If you want fun, you could dropout. Literally, I'll drop you off of this Academy to the ground below. We're training here." I spoke. They all shut up at that.

"Understood Sir!" They all said.

"He's correct. Lead ponies and wingponies must fly together. If any pair splits apart, they will be immediately disqualified. Do you understand?" Asked Spitfire, Bulk Biceps and Cloudchaser basically hugged.

"Yes, ma'am!" They all exclaimed.

"Then let's go!" She said and blew her whistle. We watched as the teams started off slow. I saw Rainbow and Lightning speed off, leaving the others in their wake. They began madly speeding around the course. I then saw them eye the flag that was placed in a canyon. They both began to speed downwards toward it. The chasm was too narrow for both to fit... They tried anyway and flew back with the first flag of the match.

"Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash found the first flag!" Announced Spitfire. I saw Rainbow flexing an injured wing.

"Come on! Let's find some more!" Said Lightning, preparing to take off.

"Uh, sure. Just give me a second." Requested Rainbow.

"Oh, you're fine." Lightning brushed her off.

"Yeah... Totally." Groaned Rainbow.

"Dash? Are you OK?" I asked her. "Do you require medical attention?" I asked.

"No Sir. I'm fine Sir." She winced and slowly flew off after her partner...

;Ponyville - Creature's POV;

I was walking through Ponyville, I had hardly slept recently trying to keep on top of Master's paperwork... I was a mess... I saw the pink mare wasn't in any better a state. Still posted by the mailbox, watching for mail from Rainbow or Master... She was asleep and darted up and checked the mailbox again. Nothing.

The other 4 friends were watching her.

"She's still at it." Said Rarity.

"I just wish we could help her." Agreed Fluttershy. Suddenly Pinkie appeared next to them.

"Help me? The only thing that could possibly help me right now is a letter from Rainbow Dash or Tyrath! It's been three days already. By now, they probably doesn't even know our names anymore! They probably can't remember our faces! "Pinkie Pie? I never heard of a Pinkie Pie! Who is Pinkie Pie?"" She sobbed and went back to checking the mailbox.

"Well, if you're so worried, then why don't you send them a letter first?" Suggested Twilight.

"Of course! That's a great idea!" Exclaimed Pinkie. Everypony sighed in relief. "Oh wait! I got an even better idea! How about we send Rainbow Dash and Tyrtah a care package? You know, before they forget all about us? Although, come on, let's face it. It's probably too late for that. But, uh, maybe it'll jog their memory somehow." Suggested Pinkie.

"Pinkie Pie, I'm sure Rainbow Dash and Tyrath will still remember our faces and who we are. But I think sending them a care package is a great idea." Agreed Twilight.

"A care package it is! We'll send it through the mail!" Smiled Pinkie, bouncing toward Sugarcube Corner. Twilight sighed in relief. "WAIT! Ah! That won't work at all!" She exclaimed.

"Why not?" Asked Applejack.

"Because what if the package gets lost in the mail? What if somepony else gets the package by accident and then they remembers us instead of Rainbow Dash and Tyrath and then she becomes our new friend? And then the real Rainbow Dash and Tyrath won't ever know that they used to have friends and they forgot them!" Yelled Pinkie in a panic.

"Is anypony else followin' this?" Asked Applejack. They all shook their heads

"I've got it! We'll deliver the care package to Rainbow Dash in pony!" Decided Pinkie.

"I wouldn't mind a little trip." Agreed Rarity.

"I'll go!" Agreed Twilight.

"Count me in!" Smiled Applejack.

"Me too." Said Fluttershy.

"Me five! But don't be upset if they doesn't recognise you at first. It may take a while for them to get their memory back." She warned.

"Creature, come with us! I'm sure you have something to deliver to Tyrath!" Said Twilight.

"I have a lot to do, but sure! Master will need some books to read to get him through it!" Agreed Creature.

;Wonderbolt Academy - Tyrath's POV;

It was time for the next course. Everpony began landing in line, standing at attention. I saw an assistant blowing a trumpet, but it was right in Spitfire's face. She lowered the trumpet and the assistant looked sheepish before returning to his stone-faced look.

"Today we'll be doing our famous air obstacle course." Informed Spitfire. We looked up and saw the cloud spouts letting out clouds.

"The object of this exercise is to work on your precision flying under extreme circumstances. And don't worry about winning. It's not a race." Said Spitfire. I saw Lightning wink at Rainbow, who looked worried.

"Just fly as best you can, and no worries. Your own speed is what you can go here. No need to exert yourself today. In fact I'd advise you not to, especially in the face of adversity. You can tire yourself out quickly and be more prone to mistakes that way." I said.

"Good advice. Now everypony, get on your marks!" She ordered. The whistle was blown. Two assistants waved each group off.

I saw Bulk Biceps and Cloudchaser get knocked by a cloud spout. Lightning and Rainbow sped onwards and dodged the clouds. They were then stuck behind another pair... I saw some kind of discussion occur and then they began synchronised flying again. I used magic to observe them entering the stormclouds... I saw Meadow Flower and her partner struggle with the wind... They they then came up to the extreme winds.

I saw Rainbow and Lightning bolt past them and then, the resulting spin-out sent the others backwards into the storm clouds... They then screeched to a halt before Spitfire and myself. I wasn't much pleased.


"Not bad! And in record time, too! Definitely made the right decision making you two a team. The others seem to have had a little trouble with the precision part of the exercise. I'd better go help sort them out. Why don't you two go hit the mess hall early?" Said Spitfire, seeing the others trapped in the clouds... Clearly not seeing what I saw... She then flew off.

"Yes, ma'am!" Exclaimed Lightning Dust.

"Thank you, ma'am." Saluted Rainbow.

"That was a dirty move you two. I'm not best pleased. But, you did get the fastest time. So, congratulations I suppose." I said.

"Um, Lightning Dust? Next time, maybe we don't cut the other teams off like that. He was right." Said Rainbow.

"Hey, you snooze, you lose! Besides, Wonderbolts are supposed to be able to recover from a spin-out. You saw them on the Dizzitron! They could use the practice." She pointed out... "I mean, it's not our fault we're so much better than those other guys! Not every pony is destined to become a Wonderbolt. Only the best of the best, right?" Shrugged Lightning.

"Yeah, I-I guess you're right..." Agreed Rainbow reluctantly.

"'Course I'm right! Now let's go fuel up! Kicking all that tail has made me hungry. Is the Prince coming?" Asked Lightning, looking back at me.

"I... Don't think so." Mumbled Rainbow, following her leadpony...

We managed to get the others free and when they completed the course, we told them to get some food and rest because the next exercise was in half an hour.

;30 minutes later;

I heard the whistle blow, signalling the start of the cloud clearing exercise. Spitfire was in her office, clearing some paperwork. So I was watching this one. Everypony was clearing clouds fairly fast. Even the slower ones were making good time. Rainbow and Lightning were miles ahead of the others. I saw Lightning and Rainbow talking again...

I then saw them flying circles around each other, making a tornado!!! I saw it clear the clouds, but then spin outta control!!! I saw Rainbow and Lightning get flung about and crash... I then looked and saw the girl's balloon float up and get caught... It then snapped and the girls went flying!

"Noooooo!" Yelled Rainbow and sped off after them. I looked and saw the tornado still out of control. I then saw a blue bolt fly into it and increase it's intensity... Black Ring.

I leapt into the tornado. Once I was in the centre, I held my arms out and used my magic to begin to slow it. I added my wings by extending them, letting them absorb some of the force. I could feel the skin peeling from my body as the tornado spun, but it was slowing. I used every ounce of mana and energy I had to stop it... It slowed and eventually came apart...

As I flew down, the built up wind energy in my wings released and I began uncontrollably sprinting down the tarmac runway, slowing down a bit at a time... When I had exhausted the built up energy I slowed to a jog, then collapsed to my knees and then my hands. And finally my stomach. I was panting heavily. I looked up and saw Rainbow had shot the girls and Creature up into the air. The other Recruits then caught them. Rarity hugged the stallion that did and Fluttershy sheepishly used her wings to fly. The mare holding her was not amused.

I felt the torn up skin on my body begin to heal. The girls and Creature were placed near me on the tarmac... Rainbow ran over to me.

"Ty! You OK?" She asked, turning me over. I let out a laugh.

"You... Batshit... Crazy... Pegasus..." I panted.

"That's me." She grinned. But I saw tears in her eyes and then she hugged me. "I'm sorry for how I spoke to you. You tried your best and I threw it in your face." She sobbed. I returned the hug, still panting.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have threatened to kick you out." I replied. She helped me up and I got my breathing under control.

"Are you guys okay?" Asked Rainbow. Everypony nodded.

"Uh-huh." They said and we hugged. Except Pinkie, who was on the grass...

"Pinkie Pie!" Exclaimed Rainbow, running over to her. Pinkie looked up groggily and then began crying.

"You OK, Pinkie?" I asked.

"You... You both remember me!" She exclaimed, wrapping her hooves around Rainbow and not letting go.

"Well... yeah, of course we remember you. But... what are you all doing here?" Asked Rainbow.

"Yeah, didn't expect you. That's for sure." I chuckled. Rubbing the back of my head.

"We wanted to bring you a care package. Didn't realise you'd be in the middle of some crazy tornado drill."

"That... Was... awesome!" Exclaimed Lightning, flying in between two recruits, who were not happy.

"Awesome? My friends could have been smashed to pieces!" Countered Rainbow, also unhappy.

"That was dangerous, Lightning." I warned.

"Yeah, but they weren't, right? Gotta take risks! Can't say the same for the clouds. We totally wiped them out with that tornado. The other cadets will have to be up there for days to bust as many as we did." Chuckled Lightning and held out her hoof. The other recruits were angry, understandably.

"A hoof bump? Seriously?" Asked Dash, not amused. She waved off the bump. "You made me clip my wing. You sent half of our class into serious tailspins on the obstacle course. You unleashed a tornado that nearly demolished my friends!"

"Yeah, and?" She asked.

"And I get that you want to be the best. So do I! But you're going about it in the wrong way." Explained Rainbow.

"The Wonderbolts don't seem to think so." Answered Lightning, gesturing around. "After all, Spitfire did make me the leader and youthe wingpony." She pointed out.

"You're right. She did." Sighed Rainbow. I followed her to Spitfire's office... She entered.

"This better be important. You're supposed to be up there busting clouds with your partner." She said.

"We're done with that, ma'am." Answered Rainbow, saluting.

"Dash and Dust got the best time and most clouds." I said.

"Already!? Asked Spitfire, taking off her glasses and looking at the clock. "That's an academy record! Explain your methods." She said.

"That's why I'm here, ma'am. Lightning Dust decided to use a tornado." Answered Rainbow.

" A bit excessive for cloud-busting. But judging from your time, it was obviously an effective tactic." She shrugged.

"Yeah, well that "effective tactic" nearly took out my friends!" Exclaimed Rainbow, surprising Spitfire.

"It was downright reckless and threatened the Academy when it spun out of control. If I wasn't there to stop it, I doubt anypony could've." I said.

"He's right. No disrespect, ma'am, but there's a big difference between pushing yourself as hard as you can and just being reckless. And if being reckless is what gets rewarded around here, if that's what it means to be a Wonderbolt, then I don't want any part of it." Resolved Rainbow.

"What are you saying, newbie?" Asked Spitfire.

"I quit." Said Rainbow and slammed her badge down, leaving the Office.

"While I agree extreme methods are required, this is too extreme. I must resign from my post as I cannot stand for this kind of behaviour. And if you encourage it, I'm afraid I cannot lead this Academy any longer." I agreed and also left. We went out and told our friends.

"You did what?!" Asked Applejack.

"Being a Wonderbolt was your dream!" Said Rarity.

"Not anymore." Said Rainbow.

"Such a shame. You are an excellent flyer." Said Creature.

"Thanks." She smiled. "And Ty, I could tell you were enjoying your position. I'm sorry you had to quit." Apologised Rainbow.

"It's fine. I wouldn't want anything to do with that kind of thing anyway." I shrigged.

"I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash. I know how much this meant to you. And Tyrath, it's shame you had to quit your assignment early." Said Twilight as we prepared to lave

"Rainbow Dash! How dare you storm out of my office without giving me a chance to respond!" Yelled Spitfire. "And you! I don't care if you're a Prince, you will Listen to me!" She exclaimed. Rainbow and I were surprised but heard her out. "The Wonderbolts are looking for the best flyers in Equestria, but you were right." She said and removed her glasses. "Being the best should never come at the expense of our fellow ponies. It's not just about pushing ourselves. It's about pushing ourselves in the right direction. You've shown that you're capable of doing just that. You're no wingpony, Rainbow Dash. You're a leader." She said and put a golden badge on her. "And Prince Tyrath, you have the full discretion of the Princess, if you see behaviour that you feel is wrong, you need to bring it to our attention. We do accept taking risks at the expense of other Ponies, as I said." She said.

"OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh!" Exclaimed Rainbow.

"So, you staying as our Commandant?" Asked Spitfire.

"You bet." I nodded.

"Now, Dash. Get out there and give me twenty!" Exclaimed Spitfire.

"Twenty? Make it 30." I chuckled.

"Yes, ma'am! Yes Sir!" She saluted and flew off.

"Wait! You didn't even get to open your care package!" Yelled Pinkie. I chuckled and prepared for the last few days...

;Two days later;

Come the last day, the Recruits were receiving their medals. All the speeches were done ETC. And everypony's family and friends were present. I made a final speech as I took the podium.

"Mares and gentlecolts. Over the past week, your family and friends, these brave Pegasi, have decided to try to be Wonderbolts. It takes a lot of guts to do something like this, in front of Ponies you don't know and in front of those you know could decide your future. These Pegasi did just that. In the days to come, they may be called out to battle against the Black Ring. And I want you all to know, I would proudly fight be their side and rely on them to watch my back in a scrap. Thank you, and well done everypony, you deserve it." I clapped and everypony in the audience clapped and the Recruits all bowed.

Just another day at the office...