• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 1,314 Views, 64 Comments

Those Red Eyes - Dustchu



Octavia recalls a moment in her youth over a cup of coffee, involving a vampire who saved her life.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,314

Death Threats and Cheeky Vampires

Waking up had felt like a chore for Octavia, having managed to finally go to sleep after what felt like hours of worrying if an assassin was going to break through her window in the middle of the night and stab her in her sleep. Alas, she was able to sleep, quite peacefully, until she woke up in a near panic attack when she remembered she had been sent a death threat by some unknown. She calmed down however, rubbing her sleepy eyes as she set about for preparing for the morning.

Which mostly meant cursing her lack of coffee.

The vampire, Vinyl Scratch, had essentially drank her last bag of coffee leaving her without the black gold. But hey, losing coffee in exchange for having her apartment cleaned up of the blood and gore that was in it was worth it!

Octavia sat in the kitchenette, at the counter where not too long ago a vampire was sitting across from her. A cheeky vampire if she ever met one. Which was never.

Frustrating woman. Octavia growled, sighing as she looked down at the little note she found on her bed. It still smelled of whatever perfume was on it. She had half a mind to say it was Vinyl, but the vampire didn't seem like the type to wear perfume let alone leave death threats. Why would she save her life just to kill her herself? And if that was the case, why not do it right after dealing with the werewolf? I can't be her, she doesn't seem like the type. Puffing out a cheek, she slid the note away from her as she wondered what she was going to do today. "Do I ned to run to the store perhaps?"

"It'd help, you're out of coffee still." Came a voice suddenly from behind her.

"AHHHHH!" Octavia screeched as she fell backwards off of her stool and onto the floor with a crash. "Oooow!"

"Whoops, my bad!" Came the insufferable vampire's voice. Octavia got up and slowly rose up from behind the counter as she glared at Vinyl who stood near the cabinets with an innocent smile on her face. "Mornin'!"

The cellist glared at Vinyl, eyes narrowing into thin slits as she growled out, "How did you get in! I had the door locked!"

Vinyl blinked and held up a key. "I have a key!"

"... How did you get a key?!" looking at Vinyl's hand at the key, she saw it was in fact a key to her apartment. If the number on the base of the key was any indication which was her apartment number.

"Oh, I snagged one of yours and copied it when you weren't looking." Vinyl smiled as she pocketed the key. "So, what's up?"

"Rrrrrr!" Octavia slumped down, banging her head on the counter a few times.

"... You okay or...?" Vinyl questioned as she took a seat opposite of Octavia, her red eyes glancing down at the note.

Sitting back on the stool, Octavia held her face in her hands/ "First I get this note, and now you've apparently stolen my key and copied it!? What's next?!"

"Note?" Vinyl picked up the note and unfolded it, and gave the contents a good thorough reading. She rose an eyebrow at the elegant handwriting on the note before giving it a smell. Her eyes turned into pinpricks, eyelids narrowing before she crumpled up the note and tossed it in the trash can nearby. "Where did that come from?" She asked Octavia.

The cellist seemed a bit put off by Vinyl's sudden mood shift, but responded and said, "I had come home yesterday and found it on my bed..." She told the vampire, her eyes flicking over to the note she threw away. "Vinyl?"

"Do you have anything like, super important in this apartment?" Vinyl's eyes flicked from her to the windows, as if she were expecting someone to break in.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Octavia made a noise between a hum and a sigh, looking towards one part of the room where both women spotted a chair with a cello case next to it and a sheet music stand. "Just my cello... why?"

"Ooooh... no reason." Vinyl assured her.

Needless to say, Octavia didn't feel reassured.

"Do you know who sent that note?" The cellist questioned, tilting her head at the vampire sitting across from her. She didn't know who sent the note, but if Vinyl did, then maybe she could get some answers. "Vinyl?"

"Yeah... yeah I know who sent it." Vinyl snorted. "The woman who sent you that is... not a fun person, to say the least."

"Ha! Really? I gathered that much." Octavia waved a hand about, "She sent me a death threat! Of course she's not a fun person... but who is she? And why does she have it out for me? I'm a nobody!" Octavia felt rather... embarrassed that she just admitted that, but it was sadly, true.

"You might think that... but there's more to her then meets the eyes." Vinyl tapped a finger against the counter before saying, "Chances are she's the one behind the wolf that attacked you." She told the cellist, who's eyes went wide. "And there's a good chance she's gonna do it again... not sure when though."

"A-again?" Eyes growing wide, the cellist leaned back and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, again? As in another one of those dreadful things is going to..."

The vampire nodded. "Most likely... and that's not a good thing, at least to me and the people I work with that is." Vinyl commented as she pulled out her phone and looked through it.

"Why is that? I'm just a cellist! I don't even make much money, and I'm still struggling to find places to play so I can earn money to pay the bills! Why on earth would she be after me?"

Something flashed in Vinyl's eyes, but all she said was. "Doesn't matter, but those dogs aren't gonna be able to do anything against ya." She tapped a few things on her phone before putting it away. "You got yourself a vampire guardian~"

"Vampire... guardian?" Looking at Vinyl still, she wondered what on earth she meant. If it meant what she thought it meant...

"Yep! I'll protect you from the vampires, of course... I'm gonna have kinda move in with you." Vinyl stood up, stretching out her arms and arching her back as Octavia's eyes widened in horror. "Got a spare bedroom?"

Oh bugger me. Octavia thumped her head on the counter.

*Thump*

Walking over to the couch in the room, the vampire said, "Eh, I can sleep on the couch."

Great, now I have a vampire living with me. "You can't be serious?"

"Oh I am serious sweet cheeks." Vinyl kicked up her legs on the coffee table, boots colliding with some old magazines about music and knocking them aside as she unzipped her hoodie and let it fall open, allowing Octavia a nice view of her rather tight sports bra and toned abs. "Those wolves will probably come back for another round, so you need someone to keep you protected from them. And the group I work with, well we don't take kindly to wolves attacking innocent civilians so..." She smiled at the cellist. "You got yourself a roomie now!"

*Thump thump thump thump*

"You okay there?" Vinyl asked.

"Uuuuggggh." Was all Octavia could utter. What has my life come to?

She had no idea...

Comments ( 4 )

Vinyl is serious as a heart attack. Great work!

When you said "I have 100 words done for it, and I could probably squeeze out a tiny chapter later this month if I tried," I was expecting sometime in the last week of the month. You did at least 900 words in four days, and by tiny chapter, I had assumed you meant around 600-800 words.

You're such a goob.

7953270
Indeed, hehehe. Thanks.

7953723
Yep! Not sure when its gonna be updated this time though :rainbowlaugh:

7954654

You're such a goob.

:trollestia:
Well I am the King of Goobs, hohoho.

Login or register to comment