• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 1,314 Views, 64 Comments

Those Red Eyes - Dustchu



Octavia recalls a moment in her youth over a cup of coffee, involving a vampire who saved her life.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,314

Over Coffee

Octavia sat in her chair... looking - no - staring at her guest who sat across from her, hood down as she sipped from her cup. The cellist was confused... at a loss for words, unsure of what she could or should even say in this type of situation. Here she was... this strange vampire, the same exact one that saved her 20 years sat in front of her...

Drinking her coffee with a tiny smile on her face, acting as if this were a friendly social visit of sorts.

"So kid, how've ya been?" Vinyl asked, setting down her cup and grinning at the 26 year old.

Octavia just blinked, her hair was ragged, her eyes slightly bloodshot, and her mind a whirling male storm of confusion. "H-how am I doing?" She asked, getting a nod in return. "H-how am I d-doing? Oh well I'm just swell!" Octavia told her. "I just woke up expecting to get a nice cup of coffee, only to end up having a werewolf of all things burst into my apartment and then get sliced into pieces by a fucking vampire! SO YES... I am doing quite well." The woman trembled, hanging her head over her cup and holding her forehead in one hand. So far her morning had been exciting.

Did I say exciting? I meant insanity.

Vinyl just slurped her coffee loudly. "*Slurrrrrrp*" Went her lips as she broke Octavia out of her stupor.

Dragging her hands down her face, Octavia glared at the vampire sitting across from her. Normally, one would probably fear having an immortal killing machine sitting across from you drinking your coffee, but Octavia herself was barely able too get her senses straight. Locking eyes with the blood sucking creature, Octavia asked, "Why are you in my apartment?"

Blinking her ruby red eyes, Vinyl set down her cup and sighed. "Hmm... well you invited me in of course!"

...

Octavia blinked, and started speaking. "You broke through my bedroom window-"

"I'll pay for that by the way." Vinyl said.

Octavia continued despite the interruption. "-Dismembered a man in my bedroom-"

"I'll uh... get a mop?"

"-And now you're drinking my coffee-"

"Its pretty good too, what brand its it?"

Octavia let out a huge sigh, holding her face in her hands. This woman... Shaking her head, she inhaled deeply and tried to get her thoughts into order on how best to process this entire situation. "I am well aware... of what you are, as well as the... recently deceased in my bedroom. And while I am grateful for your saving me-"

"Again." Interjected Vinyl as she slurped her coffee again.

"... Again." Octavia added, rubbing her temple as a ache slowly made its way into her head. A headache if you will. "But if I may ask-"

"You may." Went Vinyl again.

Barely able to suppress her anger, Octavia asked her question, "... Why?"

Vinyl tilted her head, not unlike how a puppy would at a questioning noise in the distance. "Why what?"

"... Why make your appearance known after twenty years?" Octavia questioned the vampire, she truly wondered why twenty years of... somewhat dull living and moving across Equestria to try and find both work and silence from the ever growing vampire and werewolf presence in her old town and city. Everywhere she went during the night -a time she had grown to despise- she would always see them... the red eyes lurking on rooftops or the yellow ones stalking her from the alleyways.

She had taken to carrying a pocket knife soon after, but after this morning she wasn't sure she could do much damage to a werewolf or a vampire with such a weapon. This Vinyl character had taken out the werewolf like it was nothing, of course now she had to sleep on her couch until the body was... disposed of.

...

Should she call the police?

"Nope." Vinyl said, jarring Octavia from her thoughts once more.

"W-what?" Octavia asked, Can she read minds?!

"I know that look in her eyes, let's just say you probably... shouldn't." Vinyl told her, emptying her coffee cup.

Tavi blinked. "I shouldn't... what?"

"Call the cops." Vinyl clarified.

The cellist looked disturbed, but steeled herself and stared at the vampire. "Oh? And why is that?" Octavia challenged her. "You just murdered someone in my own home, after breaking in!"

Vinyl just smiled. "To save your life of course."

"... True." Octavia deflated, sitting back with a huff. Really, would they even believe me? 'Oh yes hello? A werewolf broke into my home and was killed by a vampire, please help?' Bollocks to that.

Vinyl leaned back in her chair, tapping the table with a finger. "Oh, and to answer your question from earlier," She shrugged. "Well, if I'm being honest I've been keeping an eye on you for years."

Octavia blinked again. "I'm s-sorry... you what?"

"I, Vinyl Scratch, have been keeping an eye on you, following your every footstep for the past twenty years." Vinyl smiled toothily, fangs showing.

"... You've been stalking me for twenty years?" Octavia asked carefully, scooting her chair back just a few inches.

"I wouldn't call it stalking, I've been watching your back." Vinyl clarified once more, sniffling. "Of course."

Standing up, Octavia rubbed her eyes before stalking off towards the bathroom. I need a shower.

"Going number one or number two?" Vinyl called out to her, only to hear the bathroom door slam shut. "Definitely number two."

Author's Note:

Will this silly 1000 word chapter sate your needs?
Vinyl's a silly vampire.