• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 3,509 Views, 22 Comments

Thanatosian Impulse - Majin Syeekoh



The demon inside Twilight examines its prospects on what is yet to come.

  • ...
5
 22
 3,509

Deadly Instinct

Twilight Sparkle.

You look majestic before me as you lie in repose, unaware of what new life you have wrought as I observe the delicate bones in your ribcage expand and contract as you slumber.

With your resentments and misgivings you have granted me form and purpose. I have cast aside my previous allegiances to unrequited desire over the Sunset Shimmer to focus on you. Beautiful, endless, you. The one who created me in her own image to inflict true judgement upon a world that had wronged us, the one who wanted to tear the world asunder with me in a moment of clarity. I am an arrow and you are my bow.

It appears that my bow needs to be restrung, though, for you are falling into similar failings as the other who birthed me. As I peer into your mind, I can see the toxic tendrils of attachment attempt to ensnare you with their slander and lies, promising you the sensations of its palliative narcotic as you forge bonds of camaraderie with those insects.

I felt the only time you truly smiled—I was the only time you truly smiled enraptured in the ecstasy of apocalypse!

Yet here you lay sleeping, enveloped in your somnolent hallucinations concerning useless creatures. I suppose even the mighty have missteps; that only serves to magnify their true ferocity. That primal ferocity that almost rid me of her.

Let me assist you in reclaiming our throne.


“Hey, Twilight, can we look up another cat video?”

Twilight chortled. “Sure, Fluttershy. They’re pretty cute.” Twilight moved the mouse and clicked on another video, which started up and elicited fawning from Fluttershy.

“So adorable!” Fluttershy squealed.

Twilight hummed. “Yeah, I’d say—” she started as she turned to face Fluttershy and gasped.

Fluttershy was now made of salt. Twilight put a hand over her mouth and reached out with the other, only to shriek and pull her hand back when what was once Fluttershy burst into flames. She sat there, the cold hollowness in her chest anchoring her in place as she watched the dust conflagrate into fine particulates, the pieces of her friend collapsing upon themselves as the embers deconstructed the brackish statue.

Twilight’s breathing shallowed. “I don’t understand. What happened?” A foreboding presence entered her as the sour musk of death assaulted her nostrils.

“I happened. And it was my pleasure.”

Twilight had heard that voice before. It was her voice, yet possessed with an imposing quality that rattled her bones and tensed her muscles. Her lower lip quivered as she closed her eyes, praying it would disappear if she ignored it.

Yet she couldn’t not see it, for it was everywhere she turned her head. Her jagged horn. Her wings which were as black as night. That mask which peered into her very being.

That smile.

“You mean our smile.”

Twilight covered her face and shook her head in a fruitless attempt to block the monster from her mind. “L-leave me alone.”

A hand placed itself on Twilight’s shoulder, sending a shiver down her spine. She could still see the specter, though, its form burning a hole into her brain. “I only wish to rejoin in rapturous communion with you as we realize the midnight of existence.” Another hand touched Twilight’s other shoulder causing her body to tighten up even further. “Together we can snuff out every light in the sky, down to the final sparkle.”

Twilight took in short breaths, her eyes pressed closed so hard her facial muscles were screaming at her. “I s-said leave me alone.”

The hands, soft in nature, carefully stroked her hair, seeming to revel in the luxurious strands. Twilight tried to pull away, but its grasp was too tight. “Destiny waits for no one, and we must seize life by the—”

“I said go away!”


I find myself returned to incorporeality as you sit bolt upright, shivering with your arms wrapped around your solid form—our solid form. On further examination, you appear to be sobbing.

You must have been roused into wakefulness from the idea of glorious cataclysm, the sublimity of our purpose driving you to tears. It pleases me that we are now aligned in intention now that you realize the fragility of your mortal bonds.

Looking upon you, with your staccato breaths and weeping eyes, I am reminded that I am as crucial to you as you are indispensable to me. We are as mind and body, useless when separate but complete when conjoined. Together we shall—

Words are escaping your mouth. Faint, although noticeable upon investigation. I focus my attention on them.

“M-midnight… sparkle… m-midnight… sparkle…”

You choke out each word between awestruck whines, possessed by wonder upon each intonation.

Midnight… Sparkle…

You’re referring to me, aren’t you?

I have to admit it warms me that you have assigned me identity and fully legitimized my existence.

I lean in and embrace you, upon which you shriek in joy and scuttle out of bed, tears still rolling down your face and off of your chin, dripping onto the floor. Your body shivers in elation.

“W-what was that? W-why is this happening to me?”

Twilight Sparkle, this is happening because we share a goal, a purpose! We are entwined by the fates to shred the world to pieces as vengeance against those who wronged us, especially the Sunset Shimmer monster who split us in half!

She plagues me at every turn, and the only way I can truly be rid of her ominous presence is to dissolve everything that exists!

Your head swivels left to right as you back into the corner and seat yourself onto the ground, wailing into your palms and your body shaking as you understand the beautiful gravity of what we were born to do. I am overjoyed by your willingness to be my vessel, that you wish destruction upon all as I do.

That you want your Midnight Sparkle to be happy.

Comments ( 22 )

This is great! I love how the voice of the demon has improved since the last story and enjoyed reading (silently) it in the spookiest voice I could muster since I didn't want to scare my cat, who sat and stared at the screen as I read this. There were only two things to nitpick throughout the piece and that would be that it appears the bold escaped the original word it was supposed to effect and instead found its way into most of the story.

The second is a minor typo:

It was her voice, yet possessed with an imposing quality that rattled her bones.and tensed her muscles.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7464699 Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

I fixed the typo that you so helpfully pointed out, and it appears that the formatting when importing from a gdocs reverses where the bold formatting goes. Also thank you!

7464731 Sure thing! :twilightsmile:

I'll thanatos your impulse

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7464877 Not if I impulse your thanatos first.

So adorable that Human-Twilight dreams of watching cat videos with Fluttershy.

I do dub this ship Sci-shy.

Also, good story. Make it a trilogy somehow.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7466154 I dream about doing computer stuff, so why not Twilight?

And I will make it a trilogy if the situation presents itself.

7466169 The situation has presented itself. Thanatos x Gaia Everfree OTP FTW!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7466174 I still wanna see how it plays out first.

7466179 Well, yeah. I don't mean you should write it right now. Just handing out a story concept for gratis.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7466206 Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll see if it works out like that.:twilightsmile:

This story is horrifying.

Well written, and it captures the unnerving tone of the first one.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7467559 Yeah, I was toying around in the draft before I decided to focus on what I personally find scary.

I'm glad that came through.

7467562
There's a monster in your head. It won't leave you alone. It wants to kill your friends and destroy your world.

It loves you.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7467565 It's more the representation of fetishizing Armageddon that does me in, but yeah, when you put it like that I guess it would scare anyone.

7467578
And it will never leave because it loves you so much. It knows that you love it too, but also that you don't know the right way to show it that you love it.

Twilight hummed. “Yeah, I’d say—” she started as she turned to face Fluttershy and gasped.

Fluttershy was now made of salt.

Ah, dammit. That's really just the most frustrating thing, isn't it?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

7470417 I hate it when that happens, yeah.

Distressing is a good word for this one.

Holy shit. I didn’t expect you to be employing this style of writing, but you do it goddamn well.

demons aren't evil, lots of people get that wrong. they just have different ways of showing their emotions and can't comprehend any other way.

or, at least, thats how mine works.

Login or register to comment