• Published 8th Aug 2016
  • 12,678 Views, 704 Comments

Loved And Lost - EquineAvenger



This day could've been just perfect, the kind of day of which I've dreamt since I was small. But from too many betrayers, screwups, disgraces, and failures. Now the wedding bells will never ring at all.

  • ...
37
 704
 12,678

Chapter 18 (Edited 02/23/18)

The Royal Army of Canterlot stood practically on the doorstep of Ponyville with Jewelius at the helm. The entire town was running scared. Citizens were running and hiding, locking and boarding up their homes, hoping the tyrannical king and his army would eventually go away. These were peaceful ponies, they weren’t fit for battle. A pegasus scout that had flown over the town had returned to give his report to the king.

“Your Majesty, I can confirm that the exiles and deserters have taken refuge in Ponyville,” the scout reported.

“Well, it appears my hunch was correct,” the usurper proudly said. “It appears that the inhabitants of Ponyville are now harboring traitors. Therefore, that makes them traitors as well and they must be made examples of.”

“Sire,” Shackle timidly spoke to her lord. “It’s still not too late to try a more peaceful approach.”

“Oh lieutenant, how will you ever become a real soldier with that attitude?” Jewelius mocked her. Then he spoke in a loud and charismatic tone to his soldiers. “Attention soldiers. This is Holy King Jewelius I. It appears that Ponyville has been harboring the enemies of Equestria. This is insurrection against Equestria. No, against all ponykind, and I will not let this go unpunished! Commence the attack at once!”

“Fire!” Hildread ordered her subordinates.

Soldiers started catapulting huge boulders at the town. Some of the projectiles were fireballs ignited before being launched. Ponyville found itself being bombarded. Houses were either being crushed or set on fire. Ponies were running around panicking in the streets.

“And that’s how you scatter the roaches,” Jewelius said with a smile of satisfaction as he watched the burning town from his chariot.

“Soldiers move in!” Hildread gave another order.

Hordes of soldiers started marching on the damaged and chaotic town. Ponies not lucky enough to find cover were restrained. Soldiers began searching houses for the exiles, some were being cautious when searching burning houses. Things weren’t looking very good. Not good at all.

Twilight Sparkle watched the carnage from the bedroom window of the Golden Oak Library. Her facial expression connived absolute horror and remorse. Deep down she felt that she was partly to blame for this horrible atrocity.

“It is very rare that even we, in our millennia long lives, witness such horrific events like this,” Luna said appearing right behind Twilight along with her sister, Celestia, as they all watched what was transpiring outside.

“This is truly an unforgivable crime,” Celestia said with disdain. “Committed by a member of my own family none the less.”

“I cannot-” Twilight said but interrupted herself. “No, I will not let this happen!” She hurried downstairs and was met by the scared faces of all her family and friends. “My friends, my family,” she spoke with serious determination. “Jewelius has gone too far this time. He has ruined the wedding we all were hoping for, betrayed and manipulated everypony, oppressed all who live in Equestria, and now he has declared war on the innocent citizens of Ponyville. This cannot go unpunished! It is time to once again call upon the Elements of Harmony and remind everypony of the Magic of Friendship. Who’s with me?!”

At this, all of Twilight’s friends and family started cheering loudly in agreement.

“We’re with you this time, Twilight!” Pinkie Pie yelled in excitement.

“We all are!” Shining Armor added.

Suddenly, a loud banging came from the door of the library. Then the door burst open and a soldier came into the room.

“Alright, who’s in here?” the soldier demanded. “Show yourselves!”

“With pleasure!” Rainbow said jumping out of nowhere and delivering a powerful karate kick to the soldier’s face knocking him unconscious.

“Twilight, you and your friends take care of things here,” Celestia told her student. “I have to go deal with my nephew.”

“Be careful, Princess,” Twilight pleaded. Then the two exchanged hugs and Celestia went up to the library’s balcony and flew off. Then Twilight turned her attention to her friends. “Come on girls, let’s do this!” Twilight said handing out each Element to their respective bearer.

Back in the streets of the town, things were still looking pretty bad. But then everypony’s attention was drawn to a certain group of six colorful ponies wearing familiar-looking jewelry.

“Listen everypony,” Twilight called to the soldiers and citizens. “This isn’t right. You’ve all been used. You’ve all forgotten what this great nation truly stands for. Allow the Magic of Friendship to remind you all what Equestria truly is about.” With that, she and her friends started powering up the Elements. But before they could release the wonderful magic, a barrage of razor-sharp metallic feathers showered down on them. They all managed to avoid the sharp projectiles but the magic was disrupted.

“I don’t think so!” came an unpleasant voice from above. It was revealed to be Commander Hildread wearing intimidating black armor. Suddenly, a couple of soldiers lassoed Rainbow and pulled her away from the group. Then two more groups of soldiers appeared and lassoed Fluttershy and Rarity, pulling them away. “Keep them separate, they’re more dangerous when they’re all together,” Hildread ordered. Twilight began to look worried, her plan was starting to fall apart.

Back on the hill overlooking the town, Jewelius was sitting in his chariot surrounded by some of his guards and drinking a cup of tea while watching the carnage his army was inflicting. He felt a sick sense of satisfaction from ordering such a horrendous attack on defenseless peasants.

“I hope my soldiers find and eliminate those exiles soon,” he said in a bored and impatient tone. “The burning and the screams become a bit weary after awhile.”

“JEWELIUS, STOP!” came a loud and very upset voice. They looked up and saw a shadowy winged figure silhouetted against the sun and descending down on their position. Eventually the strange figure came into full view and was identified as the king’s aunt, Celestia.

“Well, well, look who’s here,” Jewelius said with a sinister smile as his alicorn aunt landed gently on the ground about twenty feet in front of him.

“Jewelius, this has gone far enough,” Celestia angrily demanded. “Call off this massacre right now!”

“And why would I do that?” he smugly replied.

“Listen to me, dear nephew,” Celestia tried to reason with him. “You are in enough trouble already. You’ve hurt so many innocent ponies, including your family. Cadance loves you and is in pain because of your actions. But it’s probably not too late to start making amends. If you stop this madness now, then perhaps we can all help each other out and make things right.” Jewelius could sense the hints of desperation in her reasoning tone. “If you want, we could all rule Equestria together as equals, you don’t have to feel so inferior to the rest of your family.”

However, all Celestia’s little speech did was cause the young usurper to burst into cruel and hysterical laughter. “I don’t,” Jewelius retorted. “And did you really think I’d share any power with you, my dear auntie?” he asked sarcastically.

Suddenly, the guards hurrled a net made of magic-proof rope on the white alicorn and lassoed her neck, muzzle, and horn. She struggled to get free but it was no use. Her traiterous nephew’s wicked and mocking laughter didn’t help either.

Back in the town, things weren’t going any better. Hildread had devised a strategy to split up the Mane Six so they couldn’t use the Elements of Harmony against them. Twilight, AJ, and Pinkie found themselves surrounded by a squad of soldiers, Hildread mong them.

“How can you work for a traitorous maniac like Jewelius?” Twilight asked the commander in a demanding tone.

“Trust me, at this point it’s better than working against him,” Hildread replied. “Now are you going to surrender or am I going to have to make this a lot more fun?”

“Why are you doing this?” Applejack asked the ruthless commander.

“Sometimes to maintain order in this nation, you need to be ruthless and cruel,” Hildread explained. “Your brother never could understand that, Miss Sparkle. And what has his and the princesses’ way of ensuring peace in Equestria gotten us?! An invasion by shape-shifting love-sucking insects that nearly brought the end of all Equestria! That’s why they had to be removed from their positions of power.”

“But wasn’t it your so-called ‘Holy King Jewelius I’ that invited those changelings in order to overthrow the princesses in the first place?” Pinkie pointed out.

“Yes, but it was Shining Armor, Celestia, and all of you that could’ve prevented all this from happening,” Hildread retorted. “You put the safety of Canterlot in jeopardy out your selfish need to have the ‘perfect royal wedding.’ But I’m just wasting my breath, it’s time for justice to be served. Now surrender and die!”

“Don’t you mean ‘surrender OR die’?” Pinkie pointed out.

“I know what I said.”

But before Hildread could do anything to the three young mares, a force field dome appeared around Twilight and her two friends. Then the source of the force field appeared in the doorway of the library with an angry and determined look on his face.

“Well, look who finally crawled out of the woodwork,” Hildread mockingly said. “I’ve been waiting for you, former captain Shining Armor.”

“Leave my sister and her friends alone,” Shining demanded.

“Big words coming from a pathetic pampered failure of a stallion,” Hildread continued to mock her rival. “I think it’s time we put an end to this once and for all.”

Back on the hill, Jewelius was also mercilessly mocking his captured aunt.

“Celestia, my dear auntie, what exactly did you hope to accomplish from this?” Jewelius asked.

“To put an end to all this madness,” Celestia answered.

Jewelius chuckled at her answer. “Oh please, even if you did manage to beat me you’d still be seen as a miserable fallen idol to all of Equestria. I’ve seen to that. The ‘Wise and Noble Princess Celestia’ in the end is nothing but an overcomfident, foolish, old mule of a horse that nopony will ever trust or respect ever again. She couldn’t even tell the obvious difference between her own niece and a deceitful changeling imposter. Why Twilight ever looked up to you will be one of the unsolved mysteries of history. You’re so weak and pathetic, you had to rely on a group of young inexperienced fillies to do your dirty work.” Each insult was like a dagger digging into Celestia. “Just accept it, you’ve lost and I will make sure that you will go down in history as the worst ruler Equestria has ever had. The very mention of your name in a positive light will be punishable by death!” The arrogant usurper let out a triumphant and maniacal laugh.

“I’m afraid it is you who will not be remembered for your greatness but your arrogance, Jewelius,” Celestia retorted causing Jewelius’s laughter to stop. “You, like many others before you, have underestimated Twilight and her friends and the Magic of Friendship. And that will cost you dearly!”

Back in the town, Shining Armor had come to the aid of his sister and was standing ready to faceoff against his ruthless rival.

“I hate you, Shining Armor,” Hildread told him. “Always have. You were always too soft and weak to hold the rank of Captain of the Royal Guard. You never had the brains or the guts to do what was necessary to ensure the security of Canterlot. But now I will do what you could not.”

“You never could understand that brute strength is not always the answer,” Shining argued. “That is not the way of Equestria.”

“SHUT UP!” Hildread angrily shouted. “I am the guardian of this great nation. I protect the ponies that live in it!”

“Is that what you call this?” Shining asked referring to the devastation around them. “Protection?!”

Hildread had an uneasy expression as she looked at her surroundings, but she hardened her heart and once again fell victim to her delusions. “Traitors to the King must be punished.”

“Traitors?!” Shining exclaimed. “These are innocent ponies! This is a massacre ordered by that vile usurper you call a king!”

“Everything we’ve done was absolutely necessary! And if I have to destroy you in order to maintain peace and order in Equestria, so be it.” Hildread then got into a battle stance.

“Your extreme desires and methods have blinded you to the fact that you’re causing more harm than good,” Shining told her while taking a battle stance of his own. “This is why you were kicked out of the guard.”

“I WILL CRUSH YOU!” Hildread shouted lunging toward her rival with her sharp metallic wing ready. But Shining blocked her attack with a shield spell. Once Hildread retracted her wing, Shining saw his opportunity. He dropped his shield and the two began striking hooves against one another.

“BBBFF!” Twilight called to her brother and attempted to aid him. But she was stopped by Lieutenant Shackle blocking her path.

“I can’t let you do this,” Shackle told her as she took out some long metal chains out of her uniform.

“Neither can I,” Twilight retorted and she, AJ, and Pinkie got ready to fight Hildread’s subordinate.

Elsewhere, Rainbow managed to defeat her captors and was about to rejoin her friends when she was met by Jewelius’s loyal assistant, Vivian. Vivian was a talented unicorn (though not as talented as Twilight) and was making it very hard for the rainbow-colored pegasus to get by her.

“Get out of my way, my friends need me!” Dash demanded.

Now you feel like being the loyal friend to the others,” Vivian said. “Let’s see if your so-called loyalty is stronger than mine.”

With that, the two began to clash with one another.

Back at the town square, Shining was fighting with Hildread while Twilight and her two friends were fighting with Shackle. Shackle used her magic to control the chains she brought as weapons. She made the chains slither and strike like snakes and whip like whips. Twilight, Pinkie, and Applejack were able to narrowly dodge so many of her attacks but knew they couldn’t hold out forever.

“You’re all under arrest for high treason to the King,” Shackle said.

“Our allegiance is to Equestria, to the Princesses!” Twilight retorted.

“They betrayed us!” Shackle retorted back.

“No, Jewelius was the one who betrayed everypony! He orchestrated the changeling attack on Canterlot so he could overthrow the Princesses. He’s responsible for everything that’s happened. And now he’s massacring an innocent town just to destroy us!”

Shackle looked around nervously. The guilt was eating away at her insides. “I… I joined the Royal Guard so I could protect ponies.”

“Look around you,” Twilight told her. “Does THIS look like you’re fulfilling that role?”

“Don’t make the same mistake we did,” Applejack pleaded.

Shackle looked at the carnage that was happening all around her. She couldn’t deny it anymore, this wasn’t what she signed up for. She began shedding tears of regret. “I… I never wanted any of this to happen,” Shackle wept.

“Trust me, we know exactly how you feel,” Pinkie said in an attempt to comfort her.

“Will you help us then?” Twilight asked.

Shackle wiped the tears from her eyes and put on a determined face. “What do you need me to do?”

Twilight, Pinkie, and Applejack all smiled at Shackle’s change of heart.

“I know what you can do,” Twilight said and whispered something into Shackle’s ear.

“Consider it done,” Shackle agreed and took off.

Meanwhile, the fight between Rainbow Dash and Vivian raged on. While Dash had speed and aerial advantage, Vivian’s powerful magic more than made up for it. The unicorn kept blasting multiple magic beams at the pegasus who did her best to dodge as many as she could. Eventually, one of beams hit and injured Dash’s right wing causing her to descend and continue the fight on the ground.

“And you want to become a member of the Wonderbots,” Vivian said in a mocking monotone voice. She was very unimpressed with Rainbow’s skills. “After you foolishly swore your blind loyalty to that insect like imposter of a bride over your beloved friend I doubt they would’ve turned you down anyway.”

“You’re probably right there,” Rainbow admitted. “I should’ve sided with Twilight instead of somepony I just met. The Wonderbolts would probably be very disgusted with me. But you’re one to talk about blind loyalty. You serve that creep who caused all of this.”

“True but you, your friends, Shining Armor, and the princesses were the ones who let it happen,” Vivian retorted.

“Why would you willing help a usurping tyrant like Jewelius?”

“None of you get it, do you?” Vivian said. “Under Celestia’s rule, under the so-called protection of the Elements of Harmony, we’ve been treated like helpless children. Always relying on Celestia’s plans of action and the Elements of Harmony to keep the peace. What ponies really need isn’t a sole figure or tiny group of figures to rely on to solve all our problems, what we really need is independence. Before the alicorn sisters and the Elements of Harmony, the three tribes ruled our newly founded nation with equality and knowledge. We didn’t need some so-called ‘goddess-like’ idol to tell us what to do and we certainly don’t need it now! Under Jewelius’s rule, ponykind will enter a new era of independence!”

Just then, Vivian received a good kick to the face which sent her flying backwards and into the wall of a house. The unicorn mare lay unconscious on the ground as her opponent stood triumphantly over her.

“I may not as smart as Twilight, but I can see many things wrong with what you said,” Rainbow told the unconscious Vivian. “Where you got the idea that Jewelius cares about the independence of ponies I’ll never know. But right now I have to go help my friends, whom I’m very loyal to.” With that, the bearer of Loyalty took off to regroup with her friends.

Back at the square, Shining and Hildread were still viciously going at each other. Hildread had her tough razor-sharp metallic wing and Shining had his shield magic. Overall, the two combatants looked evenly matched until Hildread managed to get the upper hoof and knocked Shining on his side.

“Ignorant, pampered, lovesick colt!” Hildread said chuckling mockingly. “Is this the best you’ve got?!” She was about to deliver the final blow when she was tackled by somepony.

“LEAVE MY BBBFF ALONE!” Twilight yelled as she tackled the ruthless commander before she could finish off her brother. But then Hildread bashed her hard against the wall of a house with her metallic wings.

“Meddlesome filly, I’ll drop your broken body at his hooves!” Hildread shouted as she lunged at Twilight with her razor-sharp wing ready to strike. However, something stopped her. A magic force field engulfed Twilight protecting her from Hildread’s attack. This also caused Hildread’s metal wing to shatter into many pieces. Hildread watched in shock as her wing fell apart. Both she and Twilight looked over to see a very angry-looking Shining Armor standing on his hooves with his horn lit up.

“Don’t you dare harm my LSBFF!” Shining hissed. Then he made his shield spell expand and knock Hildread backwards. As Hildread flew back, she was met with a hoof to the jaw by a certain loyal rainbow-colored pegasus. The kick to the face knocked the ruthless commander onto the ground and out like a light.

“YEAH! How’s THAT for ‘false idols’?!” Rainbow Dash gloated to the unconscious commander.

“RAINBOW DASH!” her three friends all happily exclaimed and huddled around her.

“You really could’ve been a good protector of Equestria,” Shining admitted to the unconscious Hildread with pity in his voice. Despite her cruelty, he couldn’t help but feel sorry for his rival. In the end, all she wanted was to do her duty. “Maybe someday, you’ll learn the error of your ways and I’ll be waiting.”

“Are you girls okay?” Dash asked her friends.

“We’re fine now,” Twilight replied. “How about you?”

“I had a little ‘problem’ to take care of,” Dash said proudly. “Where are the others?”

“Right here,” came Rarity’s voice. Everyone turned and saw Rarity and Fluttershy standing with Shackle.

“With a little help from Shackle, we were able to free ourselves,” Fluttershy explained.

Shackle had freed Fluttershy and Rarity from their captors and had tied the soldiers up with her chains. With the six finally back together, they turned to face the army of soldiers converging on them. But they weren’t scared, they were ready to remind everypony how powerful the Magic of Friendship is.

“Ready girls?” Twilight asked confidently.

“Ready!” the other five confirmed just as confident.

“Unleash the Magic of Friendship!” Twilight said as she and her friends activated the Elements of Harmony and unleashed a huge blinding light of magic that engulfed the entire town.

Jewelius and Celestia witnessed the magical light from the hilltop. Jewelius was forced to shield his eyes from the blinding light while Celestia just looked on in pride and hope. They had done it.

When the light had cleared, the houses were no longer on fire and the attacking soldiers were all encased in stone. The once frightened citizens of Ponyville were cheering for their saviors.

“Don’t worry, unlike Discord, their inprisonment in stone won’t be permanent,” Twilight assured everypony. “We’ll deal with these poor misguided ponies right after we deal with a certain traitor.”

“Alright, pay back time!” Rainbow yelled excitedly as she, her friends, and Shining Armor took off to confront the trator, Jewelius, once and for all.

“Good luck, my friends,” Shackle said warmly as she watched the heroes leave to complete their mission. She shed a single tear of pride and regret for all the suffering that they all endured. Deep down she knew she had to find someway to atone for the part she helped play in all this.

Back on the hill overlooking the town, Jewelius stared in shock that the massacre he had ordered had stopped completely.

“What’s going on?!” he asked surprised and nervous. “I didn’t give the order to stop!”

“They’ve succeeded,” Celestia spoke proudly and caught her backstabbing nephew’s attention. “Looks like you’ve finally lost.”

Jewelius’s rage boiled. He didn’t take his aunt’s taunting well. “SILENCE!” he shouted at her. Then he drew a sword from his chariot and walked over to his captured aunt. It was clear what he intended to do. “At long last, Celestia, I will finally end this!” He raised the sword high in the air over Celestia, his blue eyes bloodshot with madness.

"You let your selfish desires turn you into a monster," Celestia said disappointedly.

"Look who's talking," Jewelius retorted and just as her started swinging the sword down to separate the alicorn’s head from her body, a blast of magic came out of nowhere and knocked the weapon away. “What?!”

“Not this day!” came a voice coming up the hill. Soon the sun princess’s savior came into view and revealed herself to be the traitor’s most hated enemy.

“Cadance!” Jewelius growled with angry eyes.

“I finally understand, cousin,” Cadance spoke in a disappointed tone and glaring at the stallion she once called ‘brother’. “Why the changelings weren’t able to feed on your love and why my spell didn’t work on you. It’s because you have no heart to feel love and therefore no love to give!”

“What, are you going to kill your own flesh and blood?” he arrogantly and mockingly asked her.

“The cousin, brother, I knew died a long time ago,” she answered with pity and sadness in her voice.

Jewelius glared back hard at his pink cousin before leaping back into his chariot. “Retreat, now!” he ordered his guards.

The guards pulling the chariot began to take off as ordered, but then the chariot suddenly capsized knocking the fleeing usurper onto the grass. Jewelius looked and saw that the wedding cake toppers of Shining Armor and Cadance had been wedged into the right wheel, and standing right next to it was the small and very angry-looking dragon he had given the toppers to.

Before long, Luna had appeared and helped Cadance free Celestia. Now the three alicorns and the young dragon stood tall and proud glaring at the fiend who stood all alone against them. Jewelius stared fearfully at them knowing that in a fight he wouldn’t stand a chance against them all.

“Wait, wait!” the traitor pleaded. “It wasn’t my fault! Chrysalis corrupted me, she poisoned my mind, turned me against you all just like Shining Armor!” But they were not convinced. They knew perfectly well that everything Jewelius did was of his own choice. They all took a few steps toward him causing him to take a few steps back. “Stop! As Holy King of all Equestria, I command you to stop!” he ordered, but that did no good. He turned around to flee once again but was stopped by the sight of six young mares and an older stallion, all with very angry looks on their faces. Jewelius was now surrounded by all those he’d used and betrayed and knew that his fate now lied in their hooves. All things must come around, and Jewelius’s treachery was about to be paid back.

“NO WAIT! Wait, wait!” the cowardly usurper pleaded. “Don’t hurt me! I’ll give you anything! I’ll do whatever you want! I know, I’ll reinstate the alicorns as Royal Princesses, I’ll even reorganize the royal wedding! You five can be the bridesmaids and Twilight can be best mare! Wouldn’t you all like that?” However, the false king’s pathetic pleas of mercy only seemed to make Twilight and her friends angrier. They had already allowed themselves to be fooled before and they were not going to let it happen again. “Come on, that’s not a bad deal. So please I beg of you to spare me!”

“You had a loving family, loyal friends, everything a pony could’ve wanted,” Twilight angrily said with a hint of sadness in her voice. “Why wasn’t it enough for you?”

Suddenly, an evil chuckle came out of nowhere. “Well, isn’t this quite the reunion.” Everyone turned to see a guard with sinister glowing green eyes staring at them. Then the guard transformed and revealed itself to be none other than Queen Chrysalis in disguise. As soon as the changeling queen revealed herself, a swarm of changelings descended from the sky. Soon the entire area was filled with the hideous bug creatures.

“Queen Chrysalis!” Twilight and Cadance both exclaimed.

“Chrysalis, my love, please help me! Destroy them and we’ll rule Equestria as promised!” Jewelius pathetically begged the hive queen who only laughed at him.

All the heroes immediately leaped to attack the new and more powerful enemy, but she unleashed a burst of magic that knocked them all back leaving Jewelius with no one to guard him.

“My love?! I thought you said I was a ‘despicable animal’,” Chrysalis said. Then a large group of changelings came to her side. “You may not have any love for us to feed on, but we’ll just have to settle on everything else. Feed on this despicable excuse of a pony, my subjects!”

With that, the changelings started surrounding and converging on Jewelius like a pack of hungry predators getting ready to attack their prey. All the changelings were snickering wickedly and licking their lips. Jewelius stared fearfully at the monstrous creatures all around him.

“No wait, let me explain,” Jewelius desperately pleaded, but his pathetic pleas fell on deaf ears and the beasts continued to move closer and closer. “I didn’t mean it. No. NO! WAIT! AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!” The changelings all pounced on and swarmed him with their sharp teeth bared. The heroes averted their eyes while Chrysalis cackled as the traitorous, tyrannical usurper’s rule was finally brought to an end. The changelings had a meal fit for a king, or a king fit for a meal.

“Now with that slimy, double-crossing usurper out of the picture and the heroes weakened, NOPONY CAN STOP US NOW!” Chrysalis proclaimed and all her changelings cackled in agreement.

“Well done, Twilight,” said a figure who looked like Raven. But then it revealed itself to be a changeling in disguise. Then Twilight realized that the changelings had manipulated her into regrouping with her friends and family in order to weaken Jewelius’s forces so that she and her changeling army could strike when all their enemies are together and weakened.

“This day has been just perfect!” the hive queen said with a sinister chuckle.

“Great, get rid of one villain just to get another,” Rainbow said annoyed.

“This just isn’t our week,” Pinkie added.

“Think we have enough energy to use the Magic of the Elements one last time, sugarcube?” AJ asked Twilight.

“We don’t need the Elements this time,” Twilight said confidently. “My BBBFF has got this.” Everyone had surprised expressions on their faces after hearing Twilight’s plan.

“Oh please,” Chrysalis said doubtfully. “He barely has enough energy left.”

Shining Armor tried to perform one of his signature shield spells in order to repel the army of invaders. But just like the last time, he didn’t have enough power to perform the spell.

“No, not again,” Shining said with despair. “I’m supposed to be the Captain of the Royal Guard and I can’t even do my duty when I truly need to.”

“See it’s hopeless,” Chrysalis mocked them.

However, despite Chrysalis and her brother believing there was no hope, Twilight still remained confident.

“Cadance can help,” Twilight announced.

“What?!” everyone exclaimed with confusion.

“Cadance’s love for Shining Armor will give him the strength he needs.”

Chrysalis chuckled at the idea. “What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment.”

“Do you all trust me?” Twilight asked her loved ones.

They all looked at each other for a moment thinking it over. Then they all came to an unspoken agreement. Not trusting Twilight got them all into this mess, maybe doing the opposite could get them out. Cadance walked up to her beloved Shining Armor and looked into his eyes. Never had anypony ever seen a pair more in love than those two. The two touched horns and were engulfed in a warm blinding bright light. Chrysalis stared in fear as the couple started levitating off the ground. Then a huge blast of true love burst from the two and sent all the changelings flying out of Equestria.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Chrysalis screamed as she and her army were sent hurling far away into the distance. Another plan of world domination ruined.

As the bright light subsided, Shining Armor and Cadance descended gently back to the ground and embraced each other as the other cheered for them.

“You were right once again, Twi,” Applejack complimented Twilight.

“I knew those two were perfect for each other,” the purple unicorn proudly said. Then she walked over to her beloved mentor. “Now, I believe you tasked me with putting together a real wedding a week ago.”

Celestia gave her faithful student a warm and proud motherly smile.

Author's Note:

Well ladies and gentlemen, Jewelius's reign is finally over. Now all that's left is the epilogue. If this story had a page on TV Tropes (which I hope it does), would Jewelius be worthy of the trope Complete Monster in the YMMV section?