• Published 8th Aug 2016
  • 12,666 Views, 704 Comments

Loved And Lost - EquineAvenger



This day could've been just perfect, the kind of day of which I've dreamt since I was small. But from too many betrayers, screwups, disgraces, and failures. Now the wedding bells will never ring at all.

  • ...
37
 704
 12,666

Prologue

At night, somewhere in an empty desert land outside the magical kingdom of Equestria, a tall cloaked pony walked slowly till she reached the top of a large sand dune. The top of the dune gave the tall cloaked mare a view of a colorful and majestic land with a magnificent castle in the distance. The light from the far away land illuminated the desert land. Some of the light fell upon the cloaked pony. Her face was mostly hidden by her hood, but the light revealed she had a white muzzle and a long white horn. She bowed her head to the beautiful glowing land and her horn started giving off a glowing golden aura.

Meanwhile, at the top of a cold, windy, and snowy mountain outside Equestria, a smaller cloaked mare emerged from a dark cave that faced the same colorful and majestic land. The second cloaked mare raised her head up toward the moon. The moonlight illuminated the cloaked mare and revealed her dark blue muzzle and dark blue horn that gave off a glowing blue aura. The cloaked blue mare started lowering her head and as she did that, the moon began to go down too.

At the same time, the cloaked white mare in the desert started raising her bowed head and the sun started rising in the distance as she moved. The sunlight started covering the entire land.

Back at the snowy mountain, the cloaked blue mare watched as the rising sun’s light chase away the darkness of the night over the land. “The sun still rises, so I know you’re still out there, sister. I just hope you are okay.”

In the desert, the cloaked white mare had just finished raising the sun and bringing light of day to all of Equestria. “I may not be princess, but it’s the least I can do for everypony. I just hope my sister, Cadance, Shining Armor, the others, and Twilight are doing a lot better. Oh, my faithful student, I miss you so much. If only I had listened to you.” She said sadly staring at the far away castle.

It wasn’t too long ago that these two mares were Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the rulers of Canterlot and the entire land of Equestria. Since Luna was freed from her dark alter-ego, Nightmare Moon, the two sisters ruled their kingdom as equals. But they would’ve never been reunited if it weren’t for Celestia’s pupil, Twilight Sparkle, and her five friends. Together they formed a team worthy of wielding the six Elements of Harmony, magical relics when worn by their chosen wielder can produce extraordinary power. With this power, Twilight and her friends were able to restore Luna; defeat Discord, the Spirit of Chaos; and protect the peace and stability of Equestria. But the happiness was not to last. One day, Twilight and her friends received an invitation to participate in a wedding between Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guard and Twilight’s older brother, and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza ‘Cadance’, Princess Celestia’s favorite niece and Twilight’s old foalsitter. Everything seemed to be running smoothly in preparation for the big wedding, but Twilight noticed something wasn’t right in the behavior of the bride. Despite her desperate claims to what she had seen not a single pony supported her, until it was too late. This is the tale of how wonderful friendships and wonderful lives came to tragic ends.