• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 2,641 Views, 75 Comments

A Matter of Pride and Honor - bahatumay



Rainbow Dash brags to the three idiots from flight school that she has a boyfriend in Macintosh, even though she doesn't. The only possible solution is to make it true.

  • ...
5
 75
 2,641

Stinger 3

Rainbow Dash was on an important mission. Flying high above the ground, she scanned the orchards, scouring the fields for Macintosh. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen. She frowned. Her travels took her over almost the whole orchard and finally back to the farmhouse. Using her skills, she deduced that he must be inside.

But there was an easy answer to this. She dropped to the ground, faced the house, threw back her head, and yelled, “MAAAAAC!”

“Eeyup?”

She spun around to see Macintosh, outside, reclining on the porch swing, with a large pitcher of lemonade next to him. Rainbow chuckled sheepishly. “Oh, hey. Didn’t see you there.”

Macintosh grinned. “Wasn’t hiding. What, you can’t remember what your boyfriend looks like?”

Rainbow scowled playfully as she pulled out what she’d brought. “Don’t give me that, or I won’t give you the book,” she threatened, holding it up.

Macintosh nearly fell face-first off the swing. “You’re done already?!”

“Couldn’t put it down,” Rainbow answered with a wide grin. “Trust me. You’re gonna love this one.”

Macintosh scrambled over and took it. He looked at the cover. “Can’t wait,” he breathed.

Rainbow waited as he opened the front cover. His eyes widened as he read the words inside.

To Macintosh. Congrats on catching the Rainbow!

He looked up. “You got… you got A. K. Yearling to sign it for me?” he said weakly.

“Yeah,” Rainbow said with an easy shrug. “Figured I could. And she owed me a favor.” She snorted a laugh. “Actually, that's only kinda true. We've crossed paths often enough that she sends me an advance copy of every book now. But yeah. Figured you'd like that.”

“Eeyup,” Macintosh said, still looking reverently at the inscription.

Rainbow paused to give him a few more moments with it, and then gently nudged him again. “So, now that my reading list is all cleared, I don’t suppose you’ve got another book to suggest? Maybe something… written locally?”

Macintosh looked up. It took him a moment to understand, and when he did, he just chuckled. “You know, I never could finish that,” he said. “Had the world all set up; but had trouble with getting him to go to the main city.”

“I have some experience with that,” Rainbow said eagerly. “You want me to take a look at it?”

Macintosh cracked a smile. “Eeyup.”