• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 3,342 Views, 31 Comments

Spike the... WHO? - AngelShy24



Spike gains amnesia and is taken advantage of by some familiar faces

  • ...
2
 31
 3,342

Life Goes On

With some surprisingly extra help, Twilight, Fluttershy and Rarity were finally able to save Spike from his amnesia and stopped an attempted invasion of dragons. After leaving the dragon lands, everyone was making their way back to the Crystal Kingdom to recuperate and rest. Once there, Loopy Lola summoned the other members of Spike’s fan club to the throne room of Cadence’s palace to tell them of everything that had happened. She was so excited to tell them, and they were all excited to hear it. Currently, she was telling them her favorite part.

“And then just when all hope seemed lost for Princess Twilight and her friends, I… Loopy Lola revealed myself and was prepared to save the day alongside Princess Cadence herself! Those dragons may have looked intimidating, but I wasn’t scared.”

“No way,” one of the club members protested, “You… saving the day with Princess Cadence? That can’t be true.”

“Oh, but it is! After all, there’s a whole group of witnesses right over there who saw it! Ask any of them! They would totally vouch for me!”

Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike and Cadence were all hanging out nearby joyfully observing what was going on before them. Seeing Spike’s fan club in person was a treat in of itself for them and felt proud for Spike.

“They are really getting into her story,” said Fluttershy with a smile, “I guess if I was them, I’d be the same way.”

“By the way, Rarity,” said Twilight to Rarity, “I noticed that you did a spell on yourself to fix the damage Spike did on you. You do know that you could’ve done that when Lola kicked the cage off us, right?”

While combing her mane, Rarity showed a sly smile as she responded, “Well yes; but then I wouldn’t be able to see Spike defend me in front of those other dragons. It was quite charming.”

Spike gasped as he suddenly went in front of Rarity and said, “Ch-charming enough for a… kiss?”

He then leaned forward as he puckered his lips. Rarity then chuckled as she went and kissed Spike on the cheek. Spike’s face fully blushed as he sighed in contempt, “I’ll take it.”

Looking over at Cadence, Twilight stated, “But still, I can’t believe you actually contacted Discord to take away that cave. But then again, I guess he was the best candidate that we had to do it.”

“Of course,” Cadence responded, “After all, his magic is not affected by the crystals at all seeing that he’s not a unicorn. Although, it still makes me wonder why that is.”

“Did you know that it wasn’t going to affect his magic?”

“Technically not, but at least I guessed right. Just don’t tell him that.”

From her sitting position, Fluttershy sighed as she slumped down on her front and said, “Well I’m just glad everything is back to normal. I don’t think I would’ve handled the pressure of being slaves to dragons. I would’ve cracked way sooner than anypony else.”

“I still can’t believe that those guys went so far as to using me to take advantage of going against you guys,” said Spike showing an upsetting expression, “I know my kind can be a bit brutal and… kind of selfish; but if that’s the case, I wish I was never born a dragon.”

“Don’t say that, Spike,” said Twilight, “None of this was your fault. It’s not like one can control what they do when they have amnesia. All that really matters is that you have your memory back, and those dragons no longer have access to those crystals to enslave us.”

Just then, a certain thought came across Rarity’s mind, “But… if you think about it, darling, perhaps this was all a good thing. If Spike didn’t go through all of that and wasn’t found by Garble and his little crew, then we would never know about the crystals and would never know about their plan in the first place.”

“Huh,” said Twilight as she gave Rarity’s comment a little thought, “As much as I would want to deny that, I think Rarity has a good point. I guess we should be kinda thankful that this happened.”

Spike was suddenly getting a swelled head hearing how his mishap may have played an important role in saving pony kind from other dragons, “So, it was all because of me falling down that cliff, hitting my head and losing my memory, and having Garble and the others find me that Equestria is safe from Dragon invasion? Wow, things sure have an interesting way of turning out. Maybe I’m still the main hero of this story.”

The ponies all looked at him with amused expressions; except Twilight who was giving him an arched eyed look.

“What? Just saying what sounds right.”

“Hey, Spike!” Loopy Lola suddenly shouted out from nearby, “Why don’t you come over here and tell every pony about everything that had happen after you left us last time! I already did, but I think we all want to hear about it from you!”

Spike then got up and smirked proudly as he responded, “Well… if you all insist, I suppose I could do my best to re-call that had happened.”

He then looked over at Twilight who was smiling at him and nodded her head for him to go on. But of course, he knew what else she was trying to tell him.

“Just remember, everypony that the true hero of this story is Loopy Lola here.”

“You really mean it?!” Lola said excitedly.

“Of course. I don’t think I would’ve come back to my senses if you hadn’t… thrown me into that wall. It was kind of sudden, but still effective.”

“Spike’s really lucky to have such dedicated admirers,” said Twilight, “Maybe one day I’ll have my own dedicated fan club one day.”

“Be careful what you wish for, darling,” said Rarity, “Fan dedication can be very stressful.”

“Tell me about it,” said Fluttershy.

“But with jokes aside, there’s one thing that I’m still wondering about,” said Twilight, “Even with the chances that they had, they weren’t really that stupid to go through with it, right? Were they given orders by the leader of their own race, or did they decided to act on their own?”

“I don’t know,” said Cadence, “But all I can say is that with those crystals gone, we don’t have to worry about those dragons again; or at least for a long while.”

Over where Spike was with his fan club, Twilight and the others heard one of the kids ask Spike, “So how did you get amnesia again? Something about a cliff and falling on a rock?”

Spike blushed from embarrassment as he said, “Well…”

Twilight then looked back at Cadence and stated, “And for future reference, let’s make sure Spike stay’s clear of all cliff edges from now on.”

Cadence giggled as she responded, “No argument here.”

Back in the dragon lands, it was almost like what took place never happened. Most of the dragons that were involved with Garble’s scheme had decided to not worry about what had happened and went on their daily lives. Garble himself on the other hand was still furious. He was constantly beating his fist on a rock wall while his main entourage was nearby watching.

“AUGH! I can’t believe it!” Garble shouted in anger, “This was perfect! I was going to make dragon history, and it was all ruined by… those stupid ponies! They made me look like a fool in front of the others! I’ll be a laughingstock for the rest of my life!”

“Well… to be fair,” said Clump, “we were kinda asking for this.”

Garble suddenly took a break from pounding the stone wall to turn around and glare and Garble, “What?”

Then Fume added, “Yeah, I mean… plotting something this big without the consultant of the… Dragon Lord? Wouldn’t he like… be completely furious once he found out?”

“No way!” Garble shouted feeling confident, “He would’ve been completely impressed once I carried it out. Discovering those crystals and bending the pony race to our will; who knows. He might’ve been so impressed, he’d make me a dragon general or something.”

A sudden voice then spoke out near them, “Oh I highly doubt that.”

Fume and Garble suddenly gasped as they turned around and saw a sky blue female dragon landed on the ground. They both bowed on the ground knowing that she was no ordinary dragon.

“P-P-Princess Ember!”

However, when Garble turned around, he just scoffed and grunted at her, “Aw great, just what I need. Go away! I’m trying to brood here!”

With a small smirk, Ember responded, “Is that any way to speak to the Dragon Lord’s daughter, peasant?”

Garble didn’t like being called that, but even he knew not to get on her bad side, “What do you want?”

“I was sent here by my Dad, the Dragon Lord to scout out things around here. Word has it that someone planned an uprising against the pony race without his knowledge. So, I’m guessing… that someone is you?”

“Gee, did you figure that out all by yourself, or was it just dumb luck?” said Garble sarcastically.

“Garble!” said Fume and Clump feeling worried for Garble health.

“But don’t worry, I’m in decent mood today. So, I won’t tell my Dad about any of this and just claim it to be nothing but a rumored hoax. Just imagine if you got us all in a conflict with the ponies and my Dad found out that the cause of it was you. He would not be happy, I’ll tell ya that. “

“Yeah yeah,” Garble responded, “I should be enterally grateful that you won’t rat out on me. Thank you or… whatever.”

Ember chuckled seeing Garble act so pitiful. It made her day. But then she began looking around for someone else, “So, where is he? I heard that you made a new bro friend or… whatever you call someone that you hang out with.”

Feeling tire of her company, Garble stated out, “Just forget it. I’m not telling you anything else.”

“Very well. You enjoy the rest of your day, boys.”

And with that, Ember took to the skies and flew away finally leaving Garble in peace.

“Ugh, she irks me so much. She’s lucky that she is the Dragon Lord’s daughter. Otherwise, I would’ve wiped that smile right off her face.”

“So now what?” said Clump.

“I say forget about those pansy ponies and that little Spike runt,” said Fume, “Let them have their friendship and junk. Won’t keep us having a good time! Right?”

“Oh, trust me, I am done… for now,” said Garble as he was trying to calm down, “But make no mistake. I will find a way to get back at those ponies and that little pony loving runt… one way or another.”

Comments ( 4 )

Dragons and Griffins have a common interest: Greed but maybe if Spike can help them control this urge.

8740066
Yeah. I just randomly threw her in for amusement. Glad you enjoyed her.

Login or register to comment