• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 356 Views, 4 Comments

The Scourge of Winter - Fallen Empires - Fateful Pony

  • ...
 4
 356

A Plan to Kill

Ice Breaker was trotting down the hall of the castle with saddlebags full of scrolls. The morning was in early bloom, the newborn rays piercing the stained windows at seven o’ clock.

“Hey Ice Breaker!” Derpibra called from a door adjacent to Breaker’s running direction. “Where are you going in such a hurry?”

“Silence! I’ve little patience for your speaking to me.” He continued down that hall.

“Heh, as bitter as usual.” He shrugged and moved on to the bathroom.

“Foolish stallion always attempting to make conversation. When will he understand that I have no intention of speaking to him?”

He reached the outside of the keep and took a right to an abandoned shack. He used a bronze key to open it, shutting it behind him and locking it.

The shack itself was dingy and could’ve been left ill-maintained for a number of years, but it was a secretive location that could prove useful in this situation.

He laid out a vellum containing a highly detailed map of the interior of the Crystal Castle that he abducted from Twilight’s quarters.

A scouting mission is required here. If I am to kill to a princess and kidnap her child, I must do so with extreme temperament. One slip up and the fruits of my labor will be lost to me.

This is the general layout of the castle. Shining Armor will likely be strengthening the inner defenses of the castle to protect the newborn. I must find a way to infiltrate the area. Making sure no one knows who I am is key.

He looked over to spot the sleek hooded robes he made of reinforced cloth. On their sides were two bracers to serve as hoof guards, including boots. He equipped the robes and put on the hood that hid his face from flanked viewpoints. Next he equipped the bracers and used an invisible levitation spell to suddenly make a hidden blade spring from the leather before pushing it back. A swift, quiet death. As long as no one sees me, by the time she’s gone, I will be too. He threw on his boots and gave them some test steps ensuring that they were snug but comfortable. He returned to the vellum.

Cadence is always out in the open. But maybe there is a way to take care of her from a distance silently and without detection. He retrieved a throwing knife from under the table. This should do. He stowed it away in his scabbard. He then took up his map and put it in his saddlebags before putting the bags on the floor. He went out the door and locked it, then sealing it with a magical barrier. Time to claim my rightful place, one step at a time.