• Published 31st Jul 2016
  • 620 Views, 13 Comments

Apple Bloom's Summer Job - JusSonic



Zecora gets a new apprentice; Apple Bloom. Can she be able to help her without messing up?

  • ...
7
 13
 620

Chapter 2: Help Are Hard To Find

Chapter 2: Help Are Hard to Find

Zecora was able to make the antidote for Snips and Snails while Apple Bloom made sure that the two don't touch anything else. Luckily, she was able to do long enough for her friend to make the stuff and cure them of their rashes.

"You okay, guys?" Apple Bloom ask the two in concern.

"Wow... That was itchy." Snips comments, relieved to have those rashes cured.

Snails nodded as he stupidly comment, "Tell me about it. So, what's next?"

"We can finally begin making the potions. A word of advice to avoid trouble again, let me and Apple Bloom handle them." Zecora said to the two sternly. She isn't going to let them cause any further trouble today!

Snips nodded as he happily spoke, "Sure!"

"Whatever you said." Snails remarks in agreement.

Apple Bloom sighed in embarrassment, "I'm sorry for this, Zecora. I didn't mean for them to cause some trouble. I just need help in finding the ingredients."

"It's understanding, my dear. Come. Let us begin work." Zecora advises the filly. She glared at Snips and Snails who are looking at some skulls before adding, "I said no touching!"

Zecora and Apple Bloom were working on it. Snips and Snails continued watching the event for a second before they went around the hut to see some stuff. Every 5 seconds passed Zecora and Apple Bloom glared at Snips and Snails, the colts stopped for the moment from moving around. Zebra and filly continued working on the Cutie Pox medicine.

"It is done." Zecora said in satisfaction. At least those two didn't ruin this one!

"This looks very different than the flower you gave me." Apple Bloom comments, glancing at the potion. It's amazing how her zebra made this in so short of time!

"That is because the one I used is Flower Cure of Truth - it's rare but the only item that could cure the Cutie Pox. But because of Mystic Ponies roaming freely, I received a new knowledge of it."

"Really? Mr. Tao gave it to you?"

"Indeed. It is done. It appears your friends haven't done anything damages yet." Zecora said in relief. Snips and Snails actually behaved themselves. Maybe there's hope for them yet.

Of course, as they say in the game "I spoke too soon". Snails and Snips were snoring and sleeping before they fell on the floor hard, causing a vase to dropped and moved a ball towards the cauldron to pour the rest of the cure out.

"Maybe not..." Apple Bloom said a bit awkwardly. So much for behaving!

Zecora slaps herself with a hoof as she comments dryly, "This could take some time."

-------------

Apple Bloom and Zecora got to work on making more potions. But of course, as you folks can tell, two certain colts made some trouble.

For one, the two are working on the Dark Water Restore Spell, the same one that was made to restore the Mane Six and Ponyville after the Dark Water incident. The two are almost done.

"Hey, where did you want us to do with this liver rats?" Snails ask cluelessly as he and Snips came over with a box.

"Put them..." Zecora looks up and yelps. "Watch out!"

The two trips and knocks the liver rats into the potion, causing an explosion. When all is clear, Zecora is black on one side and white on the other, Apple Bloom is a tree, Snips and Snails are stuck to each other like when Trixie was corrupted one time!

"What do you boys have 'ta say?" Apple Bloom ask the colts while waving her branches.

"Oops." Snips and Snails said sheepishly with meekish smiles.

---------

Zecora was able to make a cure to restore everyone back. She asked Snips and Snails to go outside to look for mushrooms and allow herself and Apple Bloom to work on the next potion.

"So what's this?" Apple Bloom ask her mentor/friend curiously.

"A Sound Grenade, to draw the Parasprite away." Zecora explains as she put the potion into a ball object.

"Oh good." Apple Bloom said with a smile. It's good to have a device that should keep those Parasprites at bay. "Will it work?"

"Of course it will, my little friend." Zecora replied, "It keeps the Parasprites tame to no end."

The two decided to test it outside. Snips and Snails are still doing what they're doing: looking for mushrooms.

"Hey, look! A Super Mushroom!" Snips exclaims happily. "It's-a Me, Snips!"

"All right, time to spray this stuff. Hee haw!" Apple Bloom exclaims as she prepares to use the object.

Apple Bloom throws the ball...but Snails, noticing, uses a basket to catch it as if playing a game. He smiles while saying, "Ha! Caught it!"

"No, Snails! Get rid of that before..."

The ball blows up, covering Snips and Snails with the stuff. The two colts cough like mad. That stuff is stinky.

"Wow! We haven't stink so badly since we saw Birdemic!" Snips remarks, coughing like mad.

"Ugh!" Zecora groans, holding her nose. "Maybe I used too much. Now it's repelling us!"

"Okay, so it can repel Parasprites and make colts unattractive." Apple Bloom groans while trying frantically to wave the smell away. "Of course, with these two, it isn't hard."

---------------

The group now stood in the middle of the forest. Zebra holds up a potion with a topper that appears to be sealing it.

"So what's inside? A bug?" Snails ask Zecora curiously.

"This next magic you will be seeing is called the Flame Flare, used when signaling or warning." Zecora explains clearly what this next magic potion does.

"Another useful item, from the sound of it." Apple Bloom remarked.

Snails blinks as he listens to the potion. Then the unicorn frowns as he spoke, "Awww, what a gyp! I hear nothing!"

"That was an expression." Apple Bloom said dryly.

"Maybe you gotta shake it!" Snips exclaims, using his magic to grab the potion and shake it.

"No, you fool! You will cause it to blow up!" Zecora gasps in shock.

Again, too late. The potion opens up, sending a flare into the sky and causing it to crash onto something. A big roar is heard, an angry ticked off roar...

"Now you've done it!" Apple Bloom snapped angrily.

Manny the Manticore, all burnt, came in and roar. He isn't happy.

"Uhhh, kitty!" The two silly colts exclaims stupidly.

Apple Bloom did a facehoof at this. Man, are those two idiots!

-------------

The next few potions ended up being ruined or failing, mostly because of Snips and Snails's cluminess.

Zecora made a Motion Sickness. But Snips knocks it over, causing the whole room to shake and getting everyone sick. Air Sickness send everyone into the air, thanks to Snails opening it. Sea Sickness, ditto.

When Zecora made the Age Restore Medicine, she made the mistake of asking Snips to use a age reversal spell to turn Apple Bloom into a foal so she can use it. Snips's spell misfire and hits himself, hurting Snips into a foal.

As for Curse Breaker, too bad it wasn't immune by those Curse CURSE Breakers. Take three guesses who that is and the first two don't count.

Finally, enough was enough. Apple Bloom groaned, “I don't think this is gonna work. Snips, Snails, I'm sorry. It's not gonna work.”

“What do you mean? You need a new potion or something?” Snips ask Apple Bloom in concern.

“Maybe we can get more of poison jokes for it.” Snails said, hoping to make up for what he and his pal has done.

“I mean I don't think you two are good at this. I mean, come on, guys, did you really have any idea of what you're doing?” Apple Bloom ask her friends with a sigh. As in do these two even got any idea what they’re doing?

“Uh...” Snips and Snails said, trying to think. But it didn’t take long for Apple Bloom to come to the conclusion herself.

“That's what I thought. I'm sorry.” Apple Bloom sighs. Maybe it was a bad idea to get these two knuckleheads involved.

Snips shrugs as he comments, “Nah... We just go out and have some fun.”

Snails nodded as he adds, “Yeah. It was boring anyway...”

And just before Snips and Snails could do anything, they got tripped and slipped by a banana's peel as they went around and knocked most of the potions into the cauldron. Zecora and Apple Bloom struggled in stopping and helping them. Soon the last potion of black bottle fall into mix…and then exploded causing everyone covered in black.

Snails coughed, “Wow... Did not expect that.”

“Me neither. Sorry.” Snips said as he looks down in shame. The two colts were trying to help but failed miserably.

Apple Bloom was about to scold but noticed something in the cauldron, some sort of new potion. She ask, “What the hay is this?”

Zecora hummed, “Very unusual potion I ever seen.” The zebra took a dip and lick on it. She hummed in surprise, “It tastes good but why do I feel very... good?” She looked at her body as she found herself cleaned off from the dirt and bruises. “Curious. Yet very peculiar...”

“Wow... What was that?” The trio of foals ask in surprise. What just happened here?

“It appears we have found a perfect cure that is match Mangani's Healing Power. But let us see what kind of potion did you all mix.” Zecora said with a smile. Apple Bloom is surprised. Looks like Snips and Snails has done something right after all!

“This could take a while.” Apple Bloom said, knowing this will take a while to redo.

--------------------

It took a few minutes or so. But soon, Snips and Snails were able to help Zecora find the ingredients that helped make the healing spell in the first place. Apple Bloom looks amazed. Those two did something right for once...for being silly colts.

Sadly, although the two has proven themselves useful now, Snips and Snails decided to call it quits.

"Are you sure you don't want to continue?" Apple Bloom ask her friends in concern.

Snips shrugs as he answers, "Nah. We've got some awesome stuffs to do than this."

"Yeah. We're no wizards anyway. But we're glad to help you if you need some ingredients..." Snails said to Apple Bloom with a smile. If she needed any further help, the two are happy to give out their assistance...or whatever it is that they do anyhow.

"Thanks. I'll see you back on school after the summer." Apple Bloom said to the two with a nod.

"See ya." Snips and Snails said stupidly as they took their leave. The two got a lot to do, as well as the play that they still gotta work on!

"Zecora, I'm very sorry for this big mess. I thought that they might be a helpful since they know about ingredients."

"Do not worry, dear Apple Bloom. Not everypony is interested in making potions as you, Princess Twilight, Nyx or any magic user." Zecora said calmly. She put an upper foreleg around the filly to assure her that no harm is done. "They each all have different tastes and cannot be forced to listen to us about it or even try to do something foolish to entertain their amusement."

"I know." Apple Bloom said with a sigh. It would be great if Snips and Snails got other talents besides what they do.

"However, it's great experience for them to try. If not of them, the new cure wouldn't have existed."

"Yeah. I guess you're right. So what's next?"

"I was thinking making a potion about ponies who could not eat. I have yet discovered but it be worth it to learn." Zecora explains as she looks at some more ingredients. The zebra wishes to make another potion to help those who cannot eat. If it works, then it could end hunger for them!

"Can't wait to start." Apple Bloom said in delight. The tinkering contest is still a while away, she got time to work with.