• ...
10
 17
 1,154

I just want to leave!

Pyotr had read a few stories on a website called Fimfiction about how a human would get sent to Equestria through magical means. One second they were chilling on Earth, the next they were in the land of ponies having grand adventures.

Whoever believed it was a simple journey between realities was sorely mistaken.

Pyotr saw many, many things during his trip. Peeks and gazes into ‘what ifs’ and ‘might’ve happened’ in many different versions of his life and others as well. A guy being born as a girl, another choosing to be a scientist instead of a soldier, and one suffering a childhood that would lead to the end of the world instead of having a loving caring family.

He even saw the different dimensions of what looked anime shows and stuff from books he had read. Naruto, Eragon, Lord of the Rings, and so much more.

He saw it all in under a second and in the stretch of eternity, forcibly compressed into his mind. Finally, he started seeing realities of My Little Pony. A version where Celestia created a virus that turned Ponyville’s ponies into mindless monsters, a possibility where Rainbow Dash was framed for murder and a certain lawyer coming to her defense, and finally what looked like a Diamond Dog running with the fictional story character Daring Do.

'Wait, could that be the other person Discord was speaking of?' Pyotr thought. He didn’t have time to ponder it as he felt darkness over take his sight and crashed into something solid.


He awoke to find himself on a cold stone floor, no sound to be heard. He looked around to find himself in a small room made out of a dark stone that looked like obsidian. On the roof was some kind of glowing crystal bathing everything in a gentle white light.

He slowly stood up, suddenly finding himself top heavy and placed a paw against the wall. Wait a tic, paw?

He felt his eyes widen as he brought his new appendage close to his face, studying it closely. Yep, that’s a paw alright. Complete with a set of claws, each an inch and a half long. Nasty looking things that looked like they could easily tear through flesh.

Judging by the color of the fur on his arm he guessed that he was predominantly storm cloud grey, until he could find a mirror or some reflective surface that could otherwise prove differently.

He tried moving again, adjusting his balance to compensate for the new top weight he had with his larger arms and upper body. The muscle composition seemed to be concentrated more near the forearm and narrowed down as it drew closer to his torso. He could probably shatter bones easily with the muscle he was now packing.

His legs were like that of a regular canine, meaning he should probably learn how to move about on all fours before he began any real movement. Gently setting his paws onto the ground, he moved them in time with his legs and managed to keep himself from falling. Gaining confidence, he managed a small lope around the room not breaking into a full dash due to the small size of the room.

Finally confident that he had movement down, he went onto the next thing on his list: speech.

“My name is Pyotr” he stated slowly, making sure to enunciate his words. They definitely weren’t Russian, more akin to the English language which surprised him. “Menya zovut Petr (My name is Pyotr).” Seemed he still had his natural Russian language as well. Probably be handy for later.

Now, time to check off the second to last thing on his list. Clothing. He couldn’t bend his head all the way down thanks to his new muzzle so he reach a paw up to see if he could feel any material. He was pleasantly surprised to find a vest with multiple pockets on him, his fur blocking any feeling he normally would’ve had if he still had skin which explained why he hadn‘t noticed it yet. Checking the pockets, he was once again pleasantly surprised.

In the top right he found a bag of coins which he assumed were bits that served as the currency for ponies and probably the other races as well. He didn’t know if they did use other forms since the most anyone has ever seen of canon Equestria was limited to a few areas. Maybe that would’ve changed with season three but now he wouldn't ever really know. Putting the bag of bits back, he continued his search. The top left pocket held four gems: a red ruby, a green emerald, a brown topaz, and a dark red garnet.

He remembered vaguely that Diamond Dogs could consume gems without harmful effects and decided to try out the ruby to make sure. The gem broke easily under the power of his jaws and found that the rock tasted of strawberry’s. Assuming color had to do with flavor, the emerald would probably taste of either green apple or watermelon, the topaz of chocolate or maybe butterscotch, and the garnet of cherries.

The ruby was surprisingly filling considering his size but would either need to find more gems or another source of nourishment. Dieing of starvation sounded unappealing at the moment.

Both bottom pockets were empty to his disappointment but merely shrugged his shoulders and planned on using them later.

Now for the last part of his list, finding out where the heck in Equestria he was. He walked to the door and pulled it open, stepping out into a large hallway. At first it looked like he ended up in the palace at Canterlot but the architecture seemed a bit too . . . gothic. The walls, ceilings, and floors were made out of the same black stone from the room with large columns along the walls with various bits and pieces of pottery on stands lining between them. Upon the ceiling were more of those glowing crystals aligned to evenly light the halls.

Another thing Pyotr noticed was is how quiet it was. No sound echoed through the tall hallways, silence dominating the air. He slowly loped down a random hall, taking in what he could. Whoever lived here either liked the color black or that was all that they had available at the time, or maybe it held some special property that he just wasn’t aware of yet.

He would’ve continued to ponder this when something broke the silence.

“I’m telling you I can smell someone here” a rough voice stated, sounding agitated.

“You’re right, I can smell it too. Who would be stupid enough to intrude here?” a second, equally rough said.

Pyotr smiled, thinking that he could ask who ever was ahead for directions. Depending on where he was, he could probably get to Ponyville in no time!

He quickly ran ahead, using his arms to full affect and turned the corner to be met with a not so pleasant surprise. He came face to face with two large armored Diamond Dogs, both wielding spears. Their armor was reminiscent of what the guard dogs wore from episode nineteen when Rarity had been kidnapped (pony napped?) by the Diamond Dogs.

There was only a slight difference. Instead of the brutish looking faces from the show these two had more, refined looking faces. Sleek, more dog or wolf like. And their voices were deeper as well, which was nice considering what the previous voices sounded like. Their arms were also thinner as well, no less defined in muscle tone but not as large as his were. They seemed more built to average out rather than dominate in brute force.

The two dogs stared at him for a few seconds before snapping back to attention. The first pulled out what looked like a whistle and blew into it while the other started yelling ‘intruder!’

“Wait, you’ve got it all wrong!” Pyotr shouted, waving his paws frantically.

Both of the Diamond Dogs ignored as they charged forward with their spears intent on goring him. Pyotr grabbed beneath the head of the spear of the first guard dog and spun around, using the momentum to smash the dog in the side of his head with the back of his paw.

The first guard dog grunted as he flew through the air, a dent in his helmet as he crashed into a column and fell to the ground. Unconscious and out of the fight.

The second came in with a horizontal swing, trying to cut out his throat with the tip of his spear. Pyotr ducked under, feeling a few pieces of his hair come off and narrowly missing his ears. His eyes narrowed as he lunged forward with both paws, one grabbing the guard’s collar and the other grabbing the bottom of his armor and throwing the guard dog behind him. To his surprise, the dog flew high into the air and crashed into a pillar as well, slowly sliding down until reaching the floor.

“Sorry, but I’m not quite ready to die yet” Pyotr muttered as he ran off on all fours.

He could now hear the distant clatter of armor rattling and orders literally being barked out to find him. Wherever he was, it looked like the Diamond Dogs were in charge and they did not take kindly to those who did not belong there.

As he turned a corner, two more guard dogs spotted him. Before they could alert any more, Pyotr charged forward and slammed his arms into their necks in a double lariat. Both guards dropped, wheezing and clutching at their throats as their air supply was suddenly cut off.

“Just let me leave!” Pyotr shouted as he pressed on, knowing that he could handle the small groups of two to four but should they start coming in larger groups and with ranged weapons he could end in some serious trouble.

“Kill the intruder!” a voice shouted back, three guards coming around a corner this time.

He managed to duck under the first spear and spin out of the way of the second but the third managed to get him along the arm. Luckily it was a small scratch, a bit deep but nothing serious.

Pyotr cocked his arm back and drove it forward like a piston into the face of the first guard, sending the dog flying like a rag doll into a vase sitting upon a pedestal. The second he dispatched when he spun around the spear again and drove his elbow into the back of the guard’s head after completing the spin, knocking him to the ground.
The third was a bit more cautious and used the range of his spear to full affect, rapidly jabbing at Pyotr while hopping back incase he got close. Growing tired of the little game, the Russian fighter grabbed the spear haft and jerked the dog towards him. As the guard got close, he delivered a solid uppercut to the dog’s chin sending him flying into the air. Using his powerful leg muscles, Pyotr jumped after him and wrapped the hapless dog into an upside down bear hug.

“I’ve only seen this move in a game!” Pyotr laughed. “Crushing Eagle!” He placed his hind paws under the guards arms forcing them out and drove the guard dog into the ground head first.

As Pyotr backed off, gravity took hold and caused the Diamond Dog to fall onto the ground with a thud in a sprawled spread eagle style. He knelt next to the fallen guard and placed his fingers onto the dog’s neck, feeling for a pulse. He sighed in relief as he felt the steady thumping of a beating heart. They may be trying to kill him but they were only doing there jobs, this all being the circumstance of being in the wrong place.

“Sorry, but it’s nothing personal” Pyotr muttered standing back up.

“Oh but I do believe it is personal now” a voice said, distinctively smooth.

Pyotr spun around to see ten guards holding spears and crossbows with someone walking up behind them. Pyotr felt his jaw drop as he bore witness to the first female Diamond Dog ever seen by man, er human that is.

She reminded him of one of the Egyptian bred dogs, dark fur and a narrowed muzzle with narrow eyes. She was even wearing ankh earrings along with a full body white dress that reminded him of what females wore during the olden times of Egypt.

To see a dog wearing a dress and it not be for some internet meme was strange.

“You intrude into my fathers palace, take out my guards, and destroyed a few priceless artifacts” the female diamond dog stated, not looking angry in the slightest. Even her tone betrayed no emotion. Either she truly wasn’t angry or was capable of hiding her emotions better than most politicians.

“I never intended to end up here, I was trying to find my way out when you’re guards attacked me” Pyotr stated neutrally, keeping an eye on the guards. Father’s palace? She must be a princess then.

“How you got here is currently no longer important” the princess said, looking bored. “What is how you’re going to be leaving. Should it be in pieces or ashes scattered to the winds?”

“I think I prefer the third option where I just leave and don’t come back” Pyotr said backing away slowly.

“Now that’s no fun” she said, smirking. “Kill him, but try to keep the bloodstains to a minimum, they’re so hard to clean out.”

The four guard dogs holding the crossbows fired as one, the deadly bolts heading straight for Pyotr. Having no time to dodge, he raised his large arms and took the bolts with a grunt of pain.

He rushed forward to the startled dogs and grabbed one by the throat and swinging the dog into another sending both into a wall. He ducked under a stab from the next guard and grabbed the spear with his teeth, ripping it out of the dog’s paws.

He swung low and struck the guard’s legs with the haft of the spear, knocking him to the ground and finishing him off with a solid strike to the face with a punch.

He barely dodged another spear strike, this one barely grazing his side as it flew at him from behind. Unable to move in time however, the guard dog wrapped him in a bear hug and presented Pyotr to the guards with the crossbows for target practice.

Acting quickly, Pyotr swung a foot back and struck the guard dog in between his legs, his grip loosening at the sudden pain. Pyotr grabbed him by the arm and swung the dog like a living club, smashing into the four Diamond Dogs who had been intent on making him a pincushion.

“Eight down, two to go” Pyotr panted, the princess still looking bored. “Still want to do this?”

His answer came in the form of the last two charging him with their spears lowered. A dodge and a few punches later, both were out as well.

“Can, I go now?” Pyotr said, the wounds he received starting to affect him.

“I must admit that I am surprised that you’ve taken so many guards” the princess started walking towards one of the down Diamond Dogs. “However, impressive as it was with your strange fighting style I simply cannot let you live. So do hold still for a second.”

She grabbed one of the crossbows and fired it at Pyotr. Suprised at the sudden attack he didn't have the time to dodge or block. The bolt struck him above his left eye, sending him backwards to the ground with a thud.

“A pity, he would’ve made either an excellent soldier or a wonderful toy” the princess said, sighing. “Now I’ll need to find someone to take his corpse out of here.”

“I think I’ll show myself out” a voice stated behind her.

The princess’s eyes widened as she whirled around to see Pyotr standing there with the bolt still stuck above his eye, only now the eye was half-lidded and seemed to drift lazily to the left.

“Funny thing, my father told me I was too thickheaded to die. I guess he was right” Pyotr laughed.

“So what will you do now, kill me? Make me your bitch?” (I use this term not as derogatory slander but as a dog thing where he would take her as a mate) the princess snarled, slightly scared at this Diamond Dog who had a bolt in his head yet still lived.

Pyotr plodded forward till he was in front of the princess, looking down into her defiant yet slightly scared eyes.

“No, I will find my way out” Pyotr said walking past her.

The Diamond Dog princess watched with wide eyes as the warrior plodded past her down the hall, taking a few more steps before falling down again with a thud.

She watched his body for a few moments, making sure he was not getting up again and moved closer. Placing her next to his, she could hear the slow beat of his heart and a very slight wheeze of his breathing.

“Still alive. Remarkable” she muttered, leaning back. “It looks like your father was right, too thickheaded to die. Very well then. Romulus, Remus! Take our, ‘guest’ here to the medical ward and have them patch him up.”

Two shadows detached themselves from the ceiling, grabbing the unconscious form of Pyotr and quickly dashing away.


A/N. Welcome back everypony. Thank you for sticking with me this far. So far I’ve gotten five likes and three dislikes, along with two favorites! I’d like to thank you both for that. Also, the mention of the other stories? I do not, I repeat, do not own or make any claim to own ever. They are just mentions for part of the story. No copyright is intended. Take a guess at what the stories are, then go read them. Everypony knows how much better they are then mine. Now next on my list.

I know I’m not perfect, I will get things wrong or something may seemed to farfetched. That’s where I need you guys to help me by pointing those mistakes out. Help me, so I can help you. Remember, that like/dislike bar helps as well by letting me know how good or bad of a job I’m doing. See you all next time!