• Published 29th Jul 2016
  • 2,785 Views, 80 Comments

Autophobia - Ice Star



[Poetry] After Luna's banishment, a guilt filled Celestia searches for answers. Trying to gain a new understanding of what caused her sister's misery, she visits the valley that she left long ago, where everything must have started.

  • ...
4
 80
 2,785

History

[An excerpt from an archived issue of an old newsletter that was available to the public through Trottingham's public library. The subject of the article is the grand opening of Trottingham's then new museum and the surprise visit from Princess Celestia of Equestria. However, the text has been modernized since the original was lost...]

...the princess, while slightly disheveled from her trip, showed great joy upon her arrival. The radiant goddess while acting oddly reserved at times for one as social as herself made plenty of time to talk to the ponies gathered here today for this grand occasion.

She must have been feeling slightly ill from her trip because at times the princess appeared almost confrontational towards visiting Equestrians and asking them what they thought about her sister, which was very unlike her. The Trottingham natives blinked and scratched their manes a moment before recalling that Celestia did indeed have a sister, but she wasn't given much attention by anypony. A few of the Equestrians laughed at such questions since they must have been a joke on the part of the social and joyful Equestrian goddess. It must have been so hard for her these past few months, going out into the old lands in the north all alone.

The word in Equestria is that a monster named Nightmare Moon managed to work some spellcraft and overpower Celestia's sister on the night Celestia's home in the Everfree Forest was destroyed. Equestria was shocked at the princess' tears, but it was understandable, as the normally happy and imperial goddess had lost her home and now had to work both her sun and the moon, which now bore signs of the hideous monster sealed within. A few ponies were overheard asking her if she might be able to do something about these unsightly blotches.

"What does it matter? None of you are ever up at night to look at he- the moon," was Celestia's response which was quickly appreciated for the joke it was since was it not Celestia of the southern kingdom of Equestria who advocated so strongly for ponies to stay inside as much as possible during the night? She even took appropriate measures in cutting the funds for any frivolous activity she could that did not met a diurnal schedule or the standards of good ponies like us. It was she who preached of the evils that darkness held and of the mooncalves and monsters that lurked within the twisted perversion of the sun's light that the moon shed. Nopony would endorse anything so non-conforming and Equestrians are thankful that they have a princess like her. She was generous to add some old and unreadable diaries to the museum's collection.

At first, it almost looked like that the princess was shocked that everypony was laughing at her joke, even though she has been known to be a bit of a trickster herself and this reaction was unlikely to be genuine since this is something she would laugh at as well.

After a while, she laughed too.