• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 817 Views, 25 Comments

The Journal of a civilized Parasprite - Psycho-genius brony



I'm a parasprite. So? We don't just eat, and vomit, and all that other stuff.

  • ...
2
 25
 817

The trip to Zebraica

Day 18(Start of trip to Zebraica)

Day 1 of trip. Humidity: 20%. Temperature: Room temperature. UV: 2. Distance from Ponyville: 50,000 strides. Location: Manehatten. Okay, now that we have the day's information down. I can talk about my day. Agonizing. I was bored out of my wits. You'd think that I could find something to do. Well, that wasn't the case. I couldn't even poke one of my eyes out without Rarity noticing it. I think she tried grabbing it a few times and I had to give off a tiny electric charge to get her to stop. I don't think she liked getting a recoil very much. I'm still in the saddlebag and I'm still waiting for a chance that should prove my adeptness with combat magic. I believe that according to this map we must go across the sea. Which is why we're in Manehatten. There is a harbor here where we are to board a ship to Zebraica. I think that air based spells will be most efficient on the seas. Such as gust. Or the new spell I learned lightning dome. It's a variation on the shield spell. It has an electric charge surrounding it. This discharge would cause anyone attempting to break the shield to get shocked. However, unlike in video games, electricity doesn't cause a bounceback. So if anyone tackles my shield, they will get badly shocked, but they'll still cause damage. My shield should have limited dexterity if I just leave it hanging with out causing a renewed flow of energy to fix it. I don't have anything more to say. Good night.

Day 19(Day 2 of trip to Zebraica)

Day 2 of trip. Humidity: 100%. Temperature: 90 degrees. UV:10. distance from Ponyville: 50 nautical miles+ 1 nmph. Location: Open Sea. Not fun. The sea is an unforgiving thing. Twilight once dropped her saddlebag's overboard and I barely got back on without soaking everything in here. The humidity is so sticky, I can't fly. The briny air is making salt crystals form on the strands, as well as drying me out. Nothing bad has happened, but I predict that a storm is coming close. My wings may not work, but I can definitely sense low pressure. In fact I believe that we are in a storm now. Ah the quiet feeling of seasickness. The rain slowly soaking everything. The chaotic screaming of the gale force winds. The quiet seeping of water as it drowns... Wait a minute! Holy banana cream pie! Twilight's drowning! Let's see.. A telekinesis spell won't help, I'm not powerful enough. Gust would just be salt on the wound. Fudge! A lightining bolt hit the ship! I think we're going to sink. Oooh! I know I think I can put the ship back together with magic tentacles! Okay, the ship is partially repaired, but Twilight is still flailing in the water. I think I'm going to make a lifeline to attach us to the ship. Hopefully we can get on board soon. All my stuff is getting soaked in the sea. I think I'll put this away while I formulate a plan. See you again soon. that is if I don't drown first.

Day 20(Day 3 of trip to Zebriaca)

Day 3 of trip. Humidity: 100%. Temperature: Water condenses. UV: 15. Distance from Ponyville: Unknown. Location: Shipwreck island. Not long before I put this journal away yesterday, a gale picked up a wave and knocked us onto this island. We're not the first ponies to get shipwrecked on this island. A lot of other ships are stuck on the shore. Turns out all the others found a way off. The first ponies that came here chopped down a few trees and bound the timbers to cover all the holes, used the plant fibers to make a sail, and fled. We however, have a steam ship. That means we have a metal hull, no sail, and to top it all off, no working machinery to get this ship seaborne again. I spent an entire day picking al the dried salt off of the machinery. The coals weren't so lucky though. They are unsalvagable. They were soaked and all I can use them for is ink. I think that if I can make some charcoal, find some iron ore on this island, and figure out some new spells I can fix this. I shall write of my trek around the island in... 2nd person. So I take off into the forest carrying a burning stick with me to provide light. I float among the bushes, spotting berries here and there. Unfortunately, my chef cam says they're poisonous. So thus, I tarry not for such frivolous materials. I am hungry and immune to poison, but I shalt not stop for these. I flit among the branches. I spot a non-sentient wild boar, so I throw my flaming stick at it, burn it, and eat it. That was one of my better meals. Meat is a rare delicacy in the country of equestria, where the country's magic provides sentience to most creatures, the sentient nature of them makes my conscience start eating me from the inside. Wild boar tastes especially good. Especially when it's been burned. I shoud stop talking about burning boars and eating them should I. Anyway, i take flight once more. This time I notice a bunch of stone pillars in the center of the jungle. A large slab rests upon a cylindrical tower in the middle. I pay it no heed and instead begin smashing jars in around here. I find a few metal chunks, a clock, and a large can. I proceed to make charcoal by burning some of the trees around me. The fire cracklses as I slide each piece over the flame. I use that to melt down the metal. Then carrying a can full of molten metal, I slather it all over the ship sealing up all the cracks. I make some more charcoal and use those for the ship's engine. I then pick off all the salt inside and outside. All while being undetected. Well, with everypony being unconcious from the crash, It is somewhat easy to do so. Been a full day and no one noticed that the ship was completely repaired. However, I'm going to spend the rest of the night picking around in those ruins over there. G'night.

Day 21(Day 4 of trip to Zebraica)

Day 4 of trip. Humidity: 0%. Temperature: The dark side of the moon. Distance from Ponyville: I don't know how far Zebraica is away, so I guess I should pay more attention to geography books. Location: Zebraica. Zebraica is a plain. I should've remembered that. Now, I'm lighting small fires to keep myself warm. Even though I'm being traumatized, it's necessary to not become a Parasprite-sicle. I found this slab in the ruins yesterday. Can't read it though. If you're wondering why it's so cold, let's just say, this place doesn't hold in heat well. There aren't a lot of clouds, and it's suggested to move around at this time. However, the rest of the group got a bit of travel lag, and now they're passed out from exhaustion. I think that they might wake up ice-cold and ill with hypothermia. At least everywhere, but their heads. Their heads are pretty close to the... FIRE! Put it out! I think Rarity will not like her new hairstyle. Her hair is black as ebony, and it about 52% of it got burnt off. I'm going to hide. Bye.
Day 22(Day 5 of trip to Zebraica)

Last Day of trip. Humidity 25%. Temperature: 70% Distance from Ponyville: 0 strides, hooves, etc. Location: Twilight's library. Yay! We fought a monster today! It wasn't really a monster, just a stampeding herd of helephants. They breath fire out of their trunks! I didn't do much, I just cast gust over and over to defend against their fire. Let me explain it like this...

The heat was scorching, the sun was beating down mercilessly, and the helephants quietly grazed nearby. Suddenly, they noticed a group of 6 ponies and a zebra walking by. Fiercely territorial, they angrily blew fire out of their trunks and stampeded at them. Pinkie Pie, feeling the vibrations turned to her side and saw the helephants charging.

"Stampede!" Rainbow yelled as the rest of the group saw the helephants and then fled as fast as they could.

Hearing Rainbow's yell, I woke up and peeked out of the saddlebag, noticing the stampede charging toward us. I whipped up a tailwind, but we didn't have enough speed. The helephants knocked is all into the air, their trunks flailing wildly in rage. Fluttershy attempted to make peace, but instead had to resort to THE STARE. Some of the helephants cowered, but the rest rammed Fluttershy, knocking her away. The other helephants recovered, but Rainbow, seeing her oldest friend get hurt, went bezerk and smashed into the helephant's side, angrily pummeling with punches as she did so. Some of the helephants were once again incapitated, but the rest got back up and shot fireballs at Rainbow. Her agility allowed her to dodge the fire, but not the trunk that swung through the air and smacked into her. Then Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Zecora, joined the fight. Applejack bucked a Helephant, knocking it over, but she got hit with a fireball and badly scorched. Twilight used her magic to shield against the fireballs, while shooting some magic projectiles of her own, but she neglected to hold a rear guard and a helephant nearly charged into her. Noticing the helephant, I shot out a tendril, covered the end in a lethal spike mace of magic, and smashed it into the helephant's face. It is unneccesary to say this, but the helephant bled. I progressed smashing said mace into many more helephant's, but their skin was tough and I was only able to maim another 5. The rest were taken care of by the elements and Zecora. Lets just say... Rarity left the fight early, Pinkie used non-lethal weaponry, Zecora threw lethal potions at the beasts, and Fluttershy used THE STARE. G'night.

Here's the trip to Zebraica. Not extremely high-quality, but what do you expect from an amateur writer writing in journal form?