• Published 29th Jul 2016
  • 242 Views, 5 Comments

Dark Light - John the brony and yknow



An isolated pony discovers the meaning of her life through unexpected but simple things, and learns how to live the way she always wanted to.

  • ...
 5
 242

Dark Light: II

After waking up Dark Light didn't lose time and instantly went to pack her things and go out, she packed many things, clothes, paper, ink and quills, food, tools, and many more things, she had already eaten and was ready to go, now, she is walking in a dirt path that normally leads to the town she goes to from time to time, there is a part of the dirt path where it splits, she took the right way every time, since that is the direction of the town, but she thinks about it very well, very deeply, deep down she knows she want's something new, what's hiding behind the tall grass to the right way of the dirt path? It's something she wants to know since she moved to her house.

She takes the way to the left and enters an unknown place, there is tall grass around the dirt path and there is some grass growing in it, so it isn't a dirt path anymore, it's now a grass path, and as she proceeds, she notices that the trees are getting leafy, and the sunlight is slowly decreasing, when she finally reaches the point where she can’t even see ahead of her, she uses her horn to light the path, she sees that there are mushrooms growing at the bottom of the trees, there is hardly any grass in the ground now for the lack of light, and the air around her is getting a little cold.

She hears some strange sounds as she walks, but that doesn’t scare her at all, she knows very well how to defend herself from foes, and nobody is going to stop what she started, she is very decided to do this, and she is not going back.

A few more feet from where she is, is a sign that is pointing to the right of the dirt path, there is an eerie looking cyan light coming from the place the sign is pointing, but she is curious about what that is, she comes closer and closer and the light slowly fades away, until she reaches the sign and notices there is something written, it reads:

Welcome to the truth lake.

The words ‘Welcome to the’ are actually craved in the sign and not written in chalk or whatever that is, this makes her hesitate and think for a moment about what she is doing, she looks to her right and sees a beautiful blue lake surrounded by glowing flowers and fireflies, it’s one of the best things she’s ever seen in her life, now she doesn’t regrets going out of her home at all.

Dark Light approaches the lake and when she’s there, she sits on the ground and she looks around with admiration in her eyes, this was here all along, and she didn’t even know it, she is amazed by this fact and she is now more than sure that she will love to explore the world even more.

Author's Note:

Forced 500 words out of me.