• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,018 Views, 184 Comments

Coarse Diamonds - Darkonshadows



Not hearing anything in space is not an excuse to never scream at all. Especially when you want to become famous, rich, part of high society and possibly find love along the way doing it.

  • ...
6
 184
 1,018

PreviousChapters Next
-124-

It had taken them thirty minutes to get the supplies which was a surprise to Grahd of the So clan, it was even more of a surprise that they finished working on their project within ten minutes in a flurry of activity and when left to their own devices.

Rarity was still cringing about what they were making being the head of her production team, Coco was the quality assurance, or lack thereof in this case, and Sassy made sure the design was workable as far as the term workable could be stretched. It was interesting how little they talked to one another when it came to working the fabric, they were a well-oiled machine that So’Grahd could personally respect and they obviously knew what they were doing. She noticed several times that they seemed to retrace what they were doing perfectly and then undid it and then performed much worse the next time through.

Officer Drit didn’t appreciate it, as he was the one that had to keep up with the rather agile Ms. Hooves. The poor pony didn’t have a minder, as Ms. Hooves minder had disappeared as soon as she reach the local Plaentary Protection Patrol headquarters. Said Dik-Dik minder had at least enough time to file a report before they left Ms. Hooves in their care. So when it came time to get supplies for the fashion designers, Derpy cheerily volunteered her courier services to go shopping in their steads.

Derpy was paid quite well by Rarity for the swift delivery and soon Rarity’s team of clothiers would be setting the plan Sassy had in mind into motions. Rarity having been let in on what she needed to do, agreed that the plan would work if they didn’t tell their minder just exactly what it was they were doing or why they needed the five blocks of wood, four of which were of a similar size and shape.

They weren’t wood workers, but Sassy did know a thing or two about weapon maintenance relating to wood working. One of the suggested weapons for Sassy when she took up her samurai training was a well shafted spear. Sassy didn’t take to the spear nearly as well as she did a rapier and she wasn’t willing to talk about how well she did with the spear at all with anyone.

Chrysalis had said something about being Sassy’s shaft any day and Sassy of course ignored her, making her give off a sad whine. It was in everyone else’s opinion that Chrysalis was getting way too good at the kicked puppy look every time Sassy shot her down. Still Sassy deigned to talk to Chrysalis about the plan, because Chrysalis was an integral part of it.

They had completed their works of poorly made art and Rarity didn’t want to wear either of them since she had a better taste in quality, but Opal’s begging made her change her mind. So she sighed, bit the proverbial bullet and finally caved in to the idea that would possibly save her life if there were people targeting her intentionally or not.

Rarity didn’t want some random stranger to kill her before she has ultimately had her chance to shine across the universe in the way she wanted to. Thinking of what happened to Tree made her worried that she wouldn’t be able to do that if all her friends kept risking themselves for her sake.

It wasn’t long before Del’Drit and So’Grahd read a report of a small portion of the Jor clan had attacked a ship known as the Shining Jewel, said ship was owned by one Rarity D. Belle and the Dik-Diks involved in the attack were ones with brain enhancing cybernetics. The Jor clan wouldn’t mind the loss, they had thousands of members and were at least one percent of the Dik-Dik population in their entirety.

A hundred plus Dik-Diks were dead and it related to Rarity’s friends. Legally, by Dik-Dik law, they were no longer part of Jor clan after the AI took hold of them and tried to take Rarity’s ship. At that point they’d all classify as mechanical and biological hybrid sifter drifters. There were no casualties to Rarity’s meager crew and a report that forcefully boarding the ship was definitely a bad idea if there was anyone in the hangar.

Rarity was in fact a fashion designer, but she apparently had a tank and a mobile cargo loading fortress on standby. So’Grahd was beginning to wonder what kind of situations Rarity would have needed two armed and highly dangerous ground vehicles in her larger ships hangar. Well the answer was for something like a full out cyborg assault obviously, less obviously was the fact that these vehicles could safely make orbital drops and if Rarity were in danger on a planet. Yeah, Grahd could kind of see Rarity needing orbital drop vehicles for protection, especially if she was this good at attracting so much trouble.

Rarity’s larger ship was definitely a decommissioned military vessel, decommissioned by way of sifter drifter infestation and still quite formidable despite that. Commander Lirutiy was definitely involved with it being put into the hooves of some rather talented civilians, Plurts generally had good heads on their gooey slug bodies.

So’Grahd began to wonder if the Plurt had met Tree Hugger at any given time.

-

“Rarity, can we talk.” Coco was most certainly not a nervous wreck when she asked that, she looked at the tattered brown, green and purple cloak they intentionally made to look that way and tried to not look like she was jittery about the return trip to their smaller ship. The cloak was quite hideous to her sensibilities, she was quite sure it was hideous to Sassy and Rarity as well and a lighter shades of brown would have worked better than the muddy mixed dark colors with the warped bright purple stripes. Rarity tended to dislike wearing the color green and it would horribly chafe her to wear something like this with that particular color of puke green intermingling with the horrid shades of brown. “It’s about what Tree told me…”

“Well of course we can Coco darling, I can always make time for you and Sassy.” There were small crinkles in Rarity’s mane, she looked a bit stressed out and now might not be a good time for Coco to bring up her worries to get Rarity off of hers. “Even if someone is out to get me. As Opal has recently stated to me, it’s not paranoia if it’s true.”

“Yeah and the paranoia is running quite high for me, especially considering all this stuff being directed at us or more importantly you mom.” Even as she spoke Opal was testing the limits of her mental range when it came to connecting to the Shining Jewel, she was still within range of it with her mental abilities to control the vessel even from here near the center of this space station. So Opal had a lot range to work with and could possibly get a chance at walking around on planets, provided that her mom let her. She needed to find out if atmospheric conditions might be an issue.

The three of them were off to the side as Sassy explained that they may need a little privacy in Officer Drit’s office to convince Rarity to wear that horrid abomination the three of them had cobbled together. Since the office had no other entrances, the two officers could wait at the door for them to come out.

Sassy then explained that Officer Grahd would requisition a car for Rarity, while the rest would slowly made their way back to the interstation rail system on hoof and got a ride back to the hangar. The two officers were only allowed to see the poorly made cloak they had worked on, what they weren’t allowed to see is what else the three had been working on in secret.

Sassy was having some trouble trusting Grahd or Drit with Rarity-sama’s safety after the three near successful attempts on her, also finding out that the Shining Jewel had been attacked while they were on station. At least Rarity hadn’t seen that news yet, the attack was sudden and ended as quickly as it started because of their hearty if small crew. She had sent a glance at Opal who was with Rarity and Coco, it seemed that Opal-chan was keeping secrets from her mother and it was more for Rarity’s sanity than anything.

“Well I would wish to speak with… the masseuse… about this. She’s supposed to handle our psychological issues by being someone impartial that we can talk to right? It actually kind of helps that most of us can’t remember her name.” That was when Coco found herself being pulled into a gentle hug as Rarity moved up next to her and started to nuzzle her neck affectionately, her face went red. “Well she’s not here right now and I really need to get this off my chest.”

“Well then Coco, tell me what the problem is and I’ll try to fix things to the best of my abilities.” Rarity would do just that too, she was always trying to help someone or fix some major problem. If she was capable of it and even if she weren’t, she’d do her best to see things through. “It isn’t something of dire importance is it?”

“It kind of is, Tree Hugger said I might end up doing some questionable things and I don’t know what to think about it.” Coco shivered and snuggled up against Rarity who draped a hoof over her back. The one thing of importance is that she held onto the tiger eye crystal at all times, it was that or else she and Rarity would be gravely endangered. As she had that tiny stone, she could prevent the both of them from being grievously injured, but some of the other things Tree said had her stewing with worry. “She’s hardly been wrong about anything from what we know of her.”

“What did Tree Hugger tell you that’s got you so worried?” Tilting her head to her slightly smaller friend, Rarity hoped she could ease Coco’s mind on whatever was troubling her.

“She said I’m going to end up causing someone’s demise, through action or inaction.” The way the hug tightened a bit told Coco that Rarity was just as upset as she was to hear that.

“Well I’m sure she’s wrong, you wouldn’t possibly kill someone on purpose without a very good reason for it. I know you Ms. Pommel, you’re too sweet and nice to do something like that.” It was the memory of shooting a defenseless human sitting in his machine trying to get the controls to work that came to mind. Rarity had shot said human in cold blood after he was rendered helpless, she still felt rather guilty about that. She also felt rather guilty about the other humans she killed using the Puffles she had been leading around. They were not very nice people and she had theoretically done the right thing or else she’d be quite dead now, still… she had blood on her dainty hooves and not just Tree’s recently washed off blood either. “I on the other hoof, sadly, am not. I’m not sure how you can still look at me and smile.”

“You’re not a bad pony Rarity. Sure you’ve killed people, but I think it would be better for us to focus on now and the future.” Shivering Coco, wrapped her hooves around herself. “Like a future where I’ll have to actually kill someone...”

“Didn’t we all technically take part in killing that brain monster back on Antilur? You’re not regretting that now are you?” That was one of things Rarity lost no sleep over, thanks to Luna killing the nightmares of it. That brain thing was killed with fire, dragon fire no less, and Rarity didn’t feel sorry for that monstrosity and the things it created. “It was a clearly intelligent being and we destroyed it.”

“This is going to be different though!” Shouted Coco who quickly clamped her hooves over her mouth when she noticed the stares directed their way, she quieted her voice down a few notches. “I’m going to be directly or indirectly responsible, despite Tree saying that nobody would blame me about it. She also said some strange things about me befriending a Krad and not to be afraid of my claws. I’m a pony, ponies don’t have claws.”

Opal made a shooing gesture at those looking in their direction, before turning back to the two. She would continue to be a quiet observer of their conversation and she wouldn’t say anything about it to anyone else, this was actually psychologically healthy for the two and she wasn’t about to ruin the moment.

“Well maybe Tree was being metaphorical, it seems like something she likes to do.” Except the last time Rarity heard Tree say something that sounded figurative, it took on a very literal meaning when an actual hot iron was involved. Though Tree did state it in a way to make it sound metaphorical at least… Rarity could clearly understand why Gilda was so twitchy around Tree Hugger now.

“Oh come on Rarity, how metaphorical can you possibly get with a word like ‘demise’? Through action or inaction, I’m going to be related to that event as much as Tree Hugger says I am.” The bitter words upset Coco as soon as she said them and she hurried on to reassure Rarity. “Just to be clear I’m more upset with the knowledge then at myself at the moment. I really don’t want to be responsible for ending someone’s life, even if it might be an accident. Tree Hugger wasn’t very clear on who it is that I’m to kill or when, just that it relates to my actions. She said it’ll happen before both of us are put in grave danger and that it’ll require that I hold onto this crystal and not lose it.”

Reaching into her saddle bags, Coco produced the tiny stone that looked quaint to Rarity. It was nothing impressive and it fit into Coco’s hoof easily. It would be interesting to design a clasp of some kind in mind with that stone, but it wasn’t big enough for more than a hair clip and Coco did like hair clips. Now that she thought of it, Rarity found the ascots that Coco wore almost near constantly to be exceptionally adorable.

This is why Rarity became friend with Coco, she was sweet, neat and magnificent at making clothing and very easy to get along with. The only detractor from her personality, as far as Rarity could see as a good friend, was Coco’s odd interest in wrestling. While Rarity appreciated muscled hulks pinning other in sensual manners and that it was mildly interesting to watch, she didn’t like the sweatier or sometimes muddier aspects of the sport personally.

“She said that I would absolutely need this stone to prevent our grievous injuries later on and to not lose it until I had no other option.” Coco just stared at the stone held in her left hoof for a few moments before putting it back in the saddle bags. “I really don’t see how this crystal is going to be so important, it’s not magical in any given way and it’s just a small chunk of crystal. How is this thing going to help us? That’s another thing I’m worried about.”

“I’ll just say that no pony can perfectly predict the future perfectly Coco. Even Tree is not perfect, even if she is quite obviously very adept at it.” Lifting her right hoof, Rarity gently poked Coco in the belly in a specific spot. Coco started giggling as she had a very specific ticklish spot. “Besides weren’t you telling me just a second ago to live in the here and now and to look forward to the things to come? We do have a fashion contest to take part in and I’m trying to focus on that and the line I’m going to create for it, you know, instead of all this other dreadful stuff we’ve been getting into lately. You should only worry about the future when you’re in dire straits and right now, we’re alive and we’re perfectly fine. Can you say that for me Coco? Breath and say we’re alive and that we’re perfectly fine.”

“We’re alive… and we’re perfectly fine.” Taking in a few deep breaths, Coco finally stopped being so worked up. She was still wondering what kind of claws she could possibly have with hooves or why Tree Hugger called her Sheep Wolf. Was she innocent like a sheep, but vicious like a wolf? That didn’t make much sense. “Thanks Rarity. It looks like Sassy is starting the plan, the officers have left us alone in the room.”

“Then I suggest we best get right to it. I know I would prefer to never wear something so horrible, but it can’t be helped if we are to succeed with dodging the murky unknowns around her that are after my head.” Rarity licked Coco’s cheek, a friendly pony gesture with a history of not being intimate in the slightest. Despite that Coco’s cheeks still flared bright red, the poor dear was so easy to work up.

“There was one other thing, I’ve been working on a new battery design. It’s effectively a battery that can be sold separately from the impulse saddles, but it’s kind of tricky to make.” Maybe talking business would ease Coco a bit further.

The battery Coco had been designing would be a revolutionary bit of pony tech and since it was an accessory, it fit well within her talents when it came to designing it. The only problem was that she only had a working prototype currently and was hoping to run it by Greta once they got back to Shining Jewel. She could sell battery function equipped impulse saddles, but this kind of battery was a different thing entirely and she decided to be more focused on that for the time being.

-

“Yeah, I doubt Tree would really bite it that easily. Even if she did, I’d swear she’d haunt my ass just because she could get away with something like that.” Things were quite dangerous on Selengard Station, not that the normal levels of crime were any different from normal in Gilda’s purview. No place was completely clean of crime after all, but it was more so the fact that it was dangerous for the Boss Lady specifically. “The Boss Lady better not get herself, Coco, Sassy or the Kitten killed.”

“It’s kind of sweet how you’re worried about someone other than yourself.” After a pause to think on it, Greta decided to ask. “What about Chrysalis?”

“What about her? She’ll live, even if someone were to drop a nuke on her head. I don’t even think Changelings can’t get radiation poisoning for that matter, even if the explosion isn’t what nearly kills her. Radiation entropy would have little effect on her relatively simple biology.” The slightly sad look Gilda was getting was promptly ignored, they were still wiping the floor clean with some rather noxious smelling chemicals and it had her exceptionally grumpy. It was Gilda’s hangar and the griffon wanted the mess to be cleaned up before Rarity got back, she could at least share some of Rarity’s sentiments about cleanliness. “Chrysalis is also scarily intelligent and obfuscates how attentive of her surroundings she actually is at all times, do you really think that she is someone you’d have to worry about? Given how long she’s been alive, she’s probably always the craftiest being in whatever room she walks into next to Celestia and Discord. I don’t know about Luna in that regard though. Now shut up and get back to work Greta!”

“Now that you mention it…” The conversation was soon dropped as Greta received a full glare from Gilda. Greta smiled cheekily at the thought of how many friends Gilda was coming to care for and she knew Gilda even liked Mr. Spew as well. It was mostly for the danger factor that Gilda liked the sewer squid, but it was still cute of the gruffer griffon to care so much.

-

So’Grahd entered the room and saw Rarity actually wearing that horrible looking cloak, they weren’t kidding when they said that it would be made to look like it was poorly made and even thought out. It was kind of ugly and she had seen Rarity’s Rarities site with so many interesting and good clothing options that even she could afford.

“Dark brown, puke green and warped purple stripes? It looks horrible.” Even if So’Grahd wasn’t a professional critic, Rarity still cringed visibly. “At least its eye catching, in the worst ways imaginable. Come along then, I’ve manage to procure a standard patrol vehicle for us. As for the rest of you, Officer Drit will escort the rest of you back to your ship while I drive around with Rarity trying to attract trouble with some backup shadowing us.”

Nothing seemed out of place about the various nods around the room and Opal sent a worried look to Rarity, but then continued on with the group as Drit led them out of the building.

-

The ride on the train back to the upper hangar was short, Caravel Boutique was right where they left it and completely untouched. The only odd one in their party was Derpy D. Hooves who had been following them, for a lack of anything better to do at the moment and she was still worried about her adoptive daughter Amethyst Star. Without a legal minder, she was going to stick to Officer Drit’s side to avoid trouble.

“So, how do you know if your plan worked?” Turning to the group as they started up the ramp to start setting up for business, Drit was curious as to why none of them seemed too terribly concerned about the possible danger Rarity was in.

“It’ll work if someone tries to kill Chrysalis, which I doubt will be possible given how resilient she is.” Chrysalis stated plainly in Rarity’s voice, Chrysalis had been quite talkative up to the point the officers entered the room and then she had been quite silent and next to Sassy the entire time when they left. Not a single peep about hair, not a word about butts and or nothing about sexual innuendos whatsoever.

“Wait, what?” Drit looked at Chrysalis’s eyes and noticed that they weren’t quite right, he hadn’t noticed it before, but they were entirely different. Those weren’t Chrysalis’s eyes.

Walking into their work room slash cargo hold, a glow came from half of Chrysalis’s horn and the jagged bit pulled away revealing Rarity’s horn underneath some tight black cloth that was now limp after making a small popping sound.

Lifting each elongated leg, Rarity caused the black hole filled cloth to fall away revealing the white furred hooves and legs on top of makeshift wooden stilts Rarity had been using. Rarity then started to move towards the door to the interior of the ship after stepped down off the four wooden bricks. Rarity had used the invisibility spell piecemeal to replicate the holes in Chrysalis’s legs quite effectively and it wasn’t a huge cost to her magical energy to sustain the smaller effect, but it was still quite draining.

“If you will excuse me, I need to go wash this stuff out of my mane, tail and fur. I’m going to get my appearance back up to snuff, thank you very much for escorting me here Officer Drit.” The mare continued by flicking off the carved out back end of her Chrysalis costume pulling her straightened tail free of it and even tossed the fake plastic fangs on the floor as she went. They heard the blue haired Rarity’s continued muttering as she marched off down Caravel Boutique’s central corridor to take a third shower this day. “As far as disguises go, that was quite a horrible experience and I will not wish to relive it. In fact, I’ll make an even better one for when and if I ever have to do that again!”

“Wait, if that’s Rarity, then who was that with Officer Grahd?” A confused officer Drit asked.

“That would be Chrysalis, making the cloak was a necessary misdirection. Chrysalis can’t perfectly mimic Rarity’s appearance, I don’t think she perfectly mimic anyone’s appearance for that matter unless they share a similar build in body. So we hid the two parts of her body that were necessary to hide. Her belly where a larger portion of her mass was shifted too and her butt which she can’t make any bigger even with her shape shifting ability.” Explained Sassy calmly, she had talked Chrysalis into taking care of anyone who was going after Rarity and to act however she wanted in that pursuit. She remembered the evil smile Chrysalis gave her, she was quite sure Chrysalis would do just about anything for her and this was probably a bad thing. “Whoever attacks Officer Grahd and Chrysalis is going to be in for a big surprise.”

“I’ll bet they will, Chrysalis is really good at fighting and she’s scary when she’s taking you seriously.” The future events that Coco heard Tree speak of weren’t happening at this very moment and being back aboard the Caravel Boutique made her feel safe. Though she did wonder if anyone would have actually taken Chrysalis’s bait if it weren’t for the cloak hiding what was wrong with her Rarity appearance.

-

“Okay I know you didn’t tell me what was going on, but is the plan going as expected foreign dignitary Chrysalis?” It didn’t take long for Grahd to notice that the cloak was hiding something and she remembered Chrysalis could change her appearance at will. The other Chrysalis was Rarity dressed as the bug queen, rather clever for a group of fashion designers and that disguise was just good enough to pass a distant inspection, she was kind of curious as to how the managed to imitate the holes though.

Grahd was currently driving the flying car, she was taking a very long roundabout way towards the hangar in an outwards spiral. Starting with cutting through the merchant district and into the administrative and botanical districts, then back again. If they had any tails other than the backup shadowing the vehicle, then they would be attacked at any time now.

“Well if I’m here and I’m not getting a call on this blasted thing, then things must be going quite well.” Fumbling with the reinforced data pad Chrysalis had pulled out with her hooves, she quickly and carefully put it back into the saddle bags Rarity had been wearing. “I’ll have you know that I’m quite talented in many things Officer Grahd, higher forms of technology is not one them though.”

“You know, you’re really good at disguising yourself.” Despite the compliment, Grahd did not want to be stuck with Chrysalis for too long. One because the mare could get away with a lot using diplomatic immunity as an excuse for many things being a visiting foreign dignitary and two Chrysalis was a shape shifting monstrosity that happened to be annoying in the extreme to deal with. “You’re even vaguely acting like her.”

“Why yes, my cloak is so horrid that nobody would really want to look at me my dear Grahd.” The Rarity impersonator continued quite blithely acting like Rarity would. “I still think the color scheme could be so much better, green just isn’t my color you know.”

“Can you do with this with any pony?” Grahd asked quietly.

“No darling, I can’t. For you see, the mass has to go somewhere and compressing it for too long really hurts. I would be better with Sassy for instance, as we share a similar body shape.” The fake Rarity just crossed her hooves over her slightly larger than normal belly. “The best I can manage is larger or taller ponies, which are quite rare mind you. I can do Celestia or Luna easily enough, but I’m more of Cadences size as far as doing my thing. I do a really good Fleur De Lis, nobody can tell us apart when I’m impersonating her.”

“I wouldn’t do Luna around here if I were you, there was a bit of an incident involving her.” Grahd steered her way through the meager amounts of traffic and turned the corner of a buiilding to go towards the administrative district. “While we don’t hate her. The princess of the Equus moon was a bit troubling to deal with and a little too rowdy. At least we know she likes the planet.”

“Did she at least acknowledge the fact that eternal night wouldn’t work without this planet’s unique location in space?” The smart question from false Rarity almost caught So’Grahd off guard and the flying car veered a bit wildly for a second.

“Well yes, it was explained to her that without all the moons that the planet below has, Equus wouldn’t be able to sustain the jungle based life that Nocturne does.” The planet was near constant night time, but the heat on the world was rather balmy and that’s why it could support life, heat is as much a requirement as much as liquid is. Try explaining that to the princess who enjoyed the night more than anyone else on a world that only had one moon. “She was quite upset to learn that one moon could not replicate this feat and that her planet would have frozen over and become an inhospitable wasteland. I’ve met her and she’s kind of like a child at times, if I didn’t know she had a warrior’s background I’d swear she was mostly meek and unassumingly subservient to her sister.”

“Yeah, she tried to block out the sun, Celestia and Twilight took care of that problem on their own. Would have killed off all the Changelings on the planet had that lasted far longer than it did.” In fact, Chrysalis probably would have had Luna assassinated if it came down to Equus’s survival. It would certainly be one of the few rare times that Changelings would ever actually attempt to outright kill somebody. You don’t murder a still viable food source after all. “They don’t do so well in cold weather and I can agree that I don’t either. Thorax, Chrysalis’s current regent, is the only Changeling I know that would brave cold weather intentionally.”

“Well that’s all very… oh Shrike, incoming!” So’Grahd tilted the vehicle so that it was flying on its right edge and a rocket passed right by them before she reoriented the vehicle back to its upright position. The rocket eventually hit a building in the distance and sent pieces of a wall flying in all directions, it left behind quite a smoldering hole. Ideally the things that would leave that kind of hole would be high explosive incendiary rounds. “Well someone definitely took the bait and they really want Rarity dead even after we sent a bulletin out to all active triple P officers that Rarity is not Amethyst Star and that Amethyst Star should be brought in alive if possible.”

“So it would seem. I got to tell you, I’m kind of excited to kick some ass with you.” Chrysalis pulled out a makeup compact and started to lightly powder her nose innocently as she looked at the right rearview mirror. “Looks like mercenary bikers this time, no Dik-Dik among them. Our shadowing backup were taken down approximately five minutes ago, so don’t expect any immediate help and we’re on our own for this.”

“Well that’s just great.” Grunted out So’Grahd. Not only had they lost two vehicles and had some injured or worse personnel, they were under attack personally.

“I know, right? This’ll be fun, I can finally get to see what Sassy see’s in you!” At least the bizarrely cheerful Chrysalis was quite clear with her ulterior motive for doing all of this.

“Maybe it’s because I have a sense duty? She’s clearly not attracted to me romantically if that’s what you’re worried about.” So’Grahd sent the flying car spiraling to the left and out of way of the various weapons fire that peppered the back of the police vehicle, she picked up a device. “This is Officer So’Grahd, you are attacking a Planetary Protection Patrol vehicle. Please cease and desist your actions or else.”

“You might want to steer us towards the botanical district, less casualties from incidental fire that way.” Tactically speaking, that was quite a sound idea from Chrysalis that Grahd decided to follow and turned them towards the wooded tree filled area of the station. “Anyone that threatens me and mine, is going to find out just what kind of tortures I can come up with when I’m only armed with a paperclip, a pack of gum and a three pound bottle of protein powder. Sassy did give me a carte blanche to go wild on anyone that is after Rarity and I’m going to use it liberally.”

Why did Grahd suddenly feel a large sense of dread hearing about how happy Chrysalis sounded when she said the words ‘carte blanche’, what did those words even mean anyway? While she spoke conversational Equestrian, she didn’t know the more intrinsic words of the language.

Author's Note:

Selengard Station is almost over with, then the real events begin.

PreviousChapters Next