• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 902 Views, 11 Comments

Changelings: A Summary - HypernovaBolts11



An explanation of the way changeling biology and culture works in my most popular series. This is a collection of notes taken by Twilight Sparkle on information gathered from Fangheart, my OC.

  • ...
2
 11
 902

Prisoners

Prisoners are the primary source of love energy for the changeling hive, and consists of diamond dogs, griffons, ponies, timberwolves, and hybrids of all shapes and sizes, many of whom were once captured by infiltrators at the end of an assignment, or may have even been parented by an incognito changeling.

But there is a distinction to be made here, in that prisoners are not slaves. They feed the workers simply by being around, and have rights upon being captured, such as a month after capture spent free of any changeling interaction so they can adjust to their new life, a sufficient supply of food and water, and their own private quarters, with the caveat that a hungry changeling may show up at their doorway and attempt to seduce them from time to time after their first month.

Prisoners are often captured with their nuclear families, and are not separated from relatives in the hive. Prisoners can get married with one another, and have families in captivity, children raised in relative peace, and even suites designed specifically for families. They are kept in a section of the hive designated for them, complete with a school, marketplace, and arcade.

They are not forced to do anything they'd rather not, aside from living underground, alongside hundreds of other prisoners, and supply some love energy to their captors.

Prisoners can volunteer to do more for the hive if they so choose, such as helping to care for the young and putting themselves on the menus at feasts. They are rewarded for these services with privileges, such as the freedom to explore most of hive whenever they please.

Should a young drone take a liking to a particular prisoner, and that prisoner is willing, they can, essentially, get married, although the drone can marry as many prisoners as he likes until he reaches maturity. These concubines do not have to serve the hive in any other way whilst their drone is young, and, upon his coming of age, are considered exempt from ever serving the hive again.

Sometimes, a drone may return to his hive of origin, and pay his former concubines a visit. Theses relationships are of a purely physical nature, and simply exist to show that a drone has specific tastes in the love energy and essence he consumes.

My associate tells me that my platonic love was quite to his liking in the production of this paper, and that he would have me as a concubine if I had been a prisoner in his infancy.

Again, there is nothing romantic about that. It simply means that he finds my aura and company pleasant. Still, I cannot imagine that these concubines have no emotional attachment to the drones they marry.

A queen can also marry prisoners, in a commitment that lasts for the entirety of the prisoner's life.

All in all, it doesn't sound like too bad a life. Some other countries have treated their prisoners worse, and the changelings have the argument of necessity. They need the prisoners around, and literally cannot exist without them. To be fair, they treat them pretty well, and I imagine most ponies would be fairly happy with never needing to worry about taxes, work, or hunger.

My associate tells me that they even have an underground orchard. How does that work?

That being said, it is still wrong. But, I'm not everypony.