• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 1,068 Views, 14 Comments

The Internal Workings of a Metal Head - MetalBrony20



Last night Tommy was asleep in bed, living a normal life. Then he is rudely awoken in a place very far from home, full of horses. What will he do? What will the aforementioned horses make of him?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,068

Different World

Author's Note:

Hi. I apologise that I keep starting and abruptly ending story's so often. But not this time! Oh no, I will try to upload as frequently as possible. If I don't keep doing that for this story, please yell at me for being a lazy ass.

Please enjoy and write your opinion of the story and what not. Feedback is always appreciated here.

“Uhh...” I groaned as I slowly regained consciousness. My head felt like it had been whacked with a cricket bat as I groggily opened my eyes, then almost immediately regretted it as powerful bright lights greeted me like how they would greet a deer in a trucks head lights. Squinting, I could vaguely make out blurry shapes around me, mostly white or brown, furniture maybe? Noises were also distorted and warped and the only smell I could make out was the smell of bromine and other antiseptics. My brain, addled as it was, tried to piece the different concepts that greeted my conscious. I honestly didn’t know what to make of it. Eventually it dawned on me that I wasn’t home any more. ‘No, really?’ my mind sarcastically spat at my incredibly obvious inner statement. My brain wanted to file a complaint on the rudeness and callousness of my inner workings, then promptly gave up on account of something of that being impossible, considering my eccentric brain was trying to keep me calm, due to my current situation.

I distinctly remember turning off my silver coloured bedside lamp, before folding the slightly browning page of my copy of ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy’, which conveniently held four of the five books in the supposed trilogy. I distinctive remember having considerably difficulty getting to sleep, before exhaustion finally overtook my senses, as it does to someone staggering home from the pub after having one too many pints. Hmm, I must be in a hospital bed, right? The bland white walls, the smells of sterilising fluids and the, erm, myriad of medical devices which were positioned around me, like they were all sentries, standing over an important fortification. Ooh, right, that must be what that beeping sound must be. Now that my senses have decided to come back from lunch and have began to re-establish their posts, I can now start to make sense of my surroundings.

Come to think of it, where did these wires come from? Why am I naked? Wait, if I am at a hospital or something, that must mean that I was in some sort of accident? But that makes no sense. I was asleep in bed. I mean I haven’t had anything major occurring before I went to sleep. Fine, I had a cold, but that isn’t really anything too much to worry about, was it? Now that my brain has finally co-operated with its various senses, I can finally try to piece this puzzle together. Raising my head slowly, as my neck was very stiff, I could finally look at what incident had befallen me. Nothing. There was literally nothing with the current condition of my body, other then, you know, the stiffness. There was a couple of different wires (or rather electrodes/ sensors, I don’t know or care which), along with some thin clear tubing, the latter of which was attached to my nose with a small clip. Interestingly, I saw no IV drip, and the only device I recognised was the heart rate monitor, which was the culprit of the constant beeping sound. Yep, I’m alive, yippee.

With my brain confused and somewhat drunk attitude, it sent out a request to remove the devices which covered it surfaces. With equal disregard for the consequences, my limbs agreed and proceeded to pull the nodules off my flesh with minor lethargy. Moving my weary hand to my face, I carefully unclipped my nose, then carelessly tossed the breathing apparatus to the side. Following that I also removed the sensors on my forehead, obviously monitoring brain activity. Once I had finally removed the last wire, I tossed it on the floor, landing in a tangled heap on the ground. This was followed by a long ringing beep as it flat lined. Eh, I’ll just pull the plug from the wall and... Wait, there is no plug! Who powers hospital equipment on batteries alone? Oh well, guess I better turn that infernal thing off before it gets on my mind too much. Pushing my hands out to my sides and pushing down, I rose from the (soft, very soft) bed with the same amount of grace that a drunken cow has(which is to say, very poor).

With some considerable effort, I swung my long hairy legs sideways over the edge of bed, and then gradually rose to my feet. Damn, everything is so small! I kinda fell like how Jake Sully in Avatar felt when he first saw the world in his Na’vi body. I mean, I’m not the tallest person I know, not by a long shot, but god damn, everything looked like it was designed for someone half the size of me. And when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING. Hell, even the door on the far side of the room was only slightly shorter then I was. The bed behind me, despite how comfy and plush it was, was only about a foot or two off the cold tiled floor, coming up to just past my bony knees.

On my wobbling legs I moved to the offending device and found the big red button on it. Well, I assume it means off, right? Much to the relief of no one except me, the infernal sound cut off, leaving me in the company of the sounds of my slow breathing. Walking around the room (Still in the nude with my man hood out) I found the only thing which bore any sort of investigation what so ever before I could even consider walking out of the almost featureless room was a large wooden crate, which was concealed behind the large cluster of the still yet to be identified devices. It was a dark mahogany, or something similar, I wasn’t too good on my tree/wood types, though it had a very nice glossy finish to it. In the centre, a small, what I assume to be a brass latch protruded.

Throwing caution to the wind (not that I had anything else to throw, mind you) I flipped open the latch and peered inside. OK, this is getting weird. Why do I have a full set of MY clothes in there? I certainly remember only wearing a pair of boxer shorts last night, so why would these be here? Further more, my rucksack was also propped up next to the pile of neatly folded clothes. Pulling out the inexplicable clothing set, I noticed it was my typical getup. On the top, my pair of Etnies shoes, which were black suede, though it was slightly browned with mud at the bottom. Inside, a pair of thin black socks. Under the shoes was my Levis jeans, this pair had seen many a day, as was made clear by the worn knees. A black studded belt snaked it way around the belt loop, which made it very clear to anyone that punching this would not be a very good idea. Below was a pair of blue boxer shorts.

Lastly was a heavy metal t-shirt. Emblazoned across the top with obvious intent on catching the eye as brashly as possible was ‘IRON MAIDEN’. The design itself was the space themed album cover of The Final Frontier, which sported the bands mascot Eddie (as a space alien) gripping a glowing key in his alien hands, standing in the decrepit wreckage of what presumably was a space station or colony; a myriad of stars glowed in the dark blue expanse behind the green monster, it's blood floating in the low gravity in small spheres of red.

With a little difficulty, I slipped into my clothes, instantly feeling more comfortable, both being in my own clothes and the fact my dick isn’t swinging around like a fleshy pendulum. Picking up the bag, I quickly made my way back over to the bed (that was oh so comfy). Swiftly pulling the zipper, I glanced into the main pocket, which seemed to be crammed tightly with books, which gave the bag itself a very rectangular and blocky appearance. It seemed to be a combination of both fiction and non-fiction, with included, from first glance, the entire ‘Hunger Games’ series, the previously mentioned ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy’ books and ‘Germany’s Tiger Tanks: VK 45.02 to Tiger II’, though there were more concealed behind, which seemed to defy all logic of the size of the bag.

Was it like, using Time lord technology now? The front pockets yielded electronic items, and to my delight, my i-Phone was there, its sliver logo glinting in the powerful light. Other items included my expensive solar charger, which I received for my 16th birthday and my portable speaker, which I bought for 12 Euro on a school trip to Italy. Hmm, I wonder if I could get service here, maybe call my parents or something. Turing the Phone on, It quickly informed me that their ain’t no service around here, and, after poking around settings, no wifi either. Great. How the fuck did I get here, to a place that, looks somewhat modern, yet has no connections at all. I mean, I live in the middle (or close enough) of England, pretty much everywhere around there has at least mobile data. Maybe, just a crazy stupid thought, I might be in another country.

Placing the almost useless device back into the bag, I zipped it back up again and slung it onto my back with about as much care as lion takes to tear into its hapless prey (which again is imply not much), then I moved towards the door. I mean, I’m not a prisoner, I’m a free man. If I was, I probably would have been greeted by guards as soon as I woke up, or I would have been chained to the bed like something from a BDSM porno, I guess (I mean, I’m not into that sort of stuff). Now at the door, I slowly pulled the handle downwards, my body filling with fear like the Titanic taking on water. What would be there to greet me, or would I be alone? ‘Don’t do it, moron! Stay put!’ my mind began to scream at my brain. However, after the minds sarcastic remark and its clearly insulting nature of its command, the brain had taken enough abuse already and was not going to stand for it. Firstly, its reply was a middle finger toward my mind, followed by a ‘what’s worst that could happen?’ and ‘Screw you, you are not my mother!’ as the metal handle could not go down any further.

Poking my head out of the portal, I glanced left, followed by a swift glance right. It seemed to be a passageway or corridor of some sorts, rather unsurprisingly. Left there was doors, and more doors, stretching about 30 metres down the hall, which was capped off by a large glass window. From this I could see the sun, which was low on the horizon. Does that mean it is morning, or is it evening here? I have no reference for the length of time I’ve been out. It could easily be either. The celestial body sent long beams of yellow light shining off the ivory white walls. To the right, It was a fairly familiar scene, without, you know, the huge ball of burning plasma and the fact that the hallway seemed to split off into multiple directions, the main parts being a reception area and the other a passage way made of stone.

Cautiously, I walked in the only logical direction, which is pretty much the most logical and intelligent decision I have made since I have managed to heave my arse out of bed. I inched my way slowly down the passage way, trying to make as little sound as possible. Thankfully I’m not quite that heavy footed, despite what some might say. Moving through these seemingly deserted hallways gave me a bit of a chill. I have seen no evidence of other people here at all, yet the place looks spotless. The floor gleamed like it has had a buffer over it not a few days ago. It all looked sterile, spotless even. I just had some growing feeling that someone was watching me, watching my every move, studying the things I did, and the pattern of my ways. Stopping just short of the reception area, I became aware of a new noise. It sounded like, well, it sounded like high heels on a hard surface. There was a slight echo, which also made me realise there was two of them. Maybe they were here for me? Certainly seemed like they would. I strained my ears, trying to hear their voices. The suspense hung in the air the way that bricks don’t. Very quietly at first, slowly growing in volume, I could start to make out a voice.

“...Yes Princess. The creature is still in a what appears to be a deep sleep, almost comatose state since the last report on its condition was filed. I hate to disappoint you your Majesty, but I firmly believe that it will still be in the same state that it was the last 6 days you observed it.” It was a masculine voice, very baritone and militaristic sounding. Those must be a really hard pair of boots to make that sort of sound. I craned my head to hear the response, wait creature? What were they talking about? Surely it can’t be me right. They are distinctly speaking English, so they had to be people, right?

“Well Major Garrison, I believe it is my duty as Princess of Equestria to keep an eye on the personal affairs within it’s boarders, no matter how uneventful. This creature resembles one of those ‘humans’ that Twilight Sparkle encountered in Mirror World, yet it has other features that define it from those humans. It possesses objects that appear to be technologically superior to anything we possess. Regardless of its current state, we cannot allow a being like that to escape and potentially terrorise my subjects”.

Wow, that did not clear up any loose ends. What the hell type of name is Garrison? Sounds like a name for a bloody GI Joe or some cheesy action hero would have. And this regal sounding “Princess of Equestria”, who ever that may be or, more to the point, where the hell it is. My guessing is that it’s some sort of micro nation, like Sealand or something. But she clearly said human like she has no idea what it is. If she is talking about me, which I am inclined to believe about anything at this point, then she called me ‘technologically superior’. Yeah, because no one has ever heard of an i-Phone in English speaking countries, heck, try most countries in the world for that matter.

Cautiously, I began to edge away, noting how close their footsteps are sounding. However my whole endeavour was quick thwarted by the dastardly entity know as gravity as my foot landed upon my shoe lace.

“Shiiiiiiit!” I yelled as I came crashing down onto the cold hard floor. God, how can this day get any worse?

“Did you hear that?”

Double Shit.

“Why, yes major. I suspect our guest has woken up, and is eaves dropping on us.”

Triple Shit.

Adrenaline began to pump around my body as I scrambled to my feet. The slow rhythmic movements of their footsteps had turned into a gallop, as silly as that sounds. I bolted. My minds was screaming at my brain to move its limbs and save itself. It didn’t need to be screamed at, it was already panicking and in turn yelling at its limbs to pump and run as fast as they could. They agreed this would be a sensible idea. I couldn’t fight them, One sounded like a member of the military, the other royalty, and I am not inclined to go and start hitting royalty, with the repercussion and what not. In no time at all I reached the end of the corridor. I was trapped. With all my strength, I wrenched at the nearby doors. Pushing, nor pulling would yield results. They wouldn’t budge.

“FUCK!” I yelled as I tried to kick the hard wood door, to no avail is appeared, as a sharp jolt of pain shot up my leg. Twisting my body around I saw the two people. Or rather not people, but two bloody horses. My mind and brain both looked at each other and went ‘What the fuck?’ in unison. The one on the left was short, but looked very stocky and muscular. It (He?) wore, no joke, a set of golden armour, the look of which vaguely looked Roman or Greek in design, complete with a large blue tuft of hair sticking up at the top. His coat was brilliant white, perfectly groomed and cleaned, as smart as a military uniform.

Beside him was what I guessed was the Princess. Tall and thin, she stood head and shoulders over her stockier counterpart. Upon her head, she wore what looked like a golden tiara (Because that was exactly what it was), which covered part of her ethereal mane. I mean, it wasn’t quite a rainbow, but damn, the entire thing looked like it was caught in a gentle breeze, kinda like a superheroes cape. Below the crown was a bloody horn! I must be going crazy, right? Unicorns don’t exist, right? OK, wings too, this is getting ridiculous. Still goggling at her, she took small steps forward. Despite being a horse, she still had and maintained this royal and regal feel to her. Her guard glared at me, but made no movement.

“How do you do?” she said, very calmly and gently, trying to put me at ease. I decided to play along.

“Erm... Fine, I guess; First time I’ve ever seen a unicorn” I said back, a little apprehensive of the response. I think she smiled back at me? God it looks so weird when she smiled, it just doesn’t sit well in my mind, because of the whole, she’s a horse/unicorn thing.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not a unicorn. I’m an Alicorn. Though I could say this is the first time I have ever seen a human.” The snow white alicorn is still trying to put me off my guard. My mind is screaming that this isn’t real, this is a hallucination or a dream, and I am inclined to agree. This seems so far fetched to be real. I have to be dreaming, but this feels so real. Maybe, just maybe, its a simulation, like in Rick and Morty. That thing can’t be real, it must be a hologram or something. What if this is some sort of government scheme to get information from its citizens, but even then, I don’t think the British government would do something like that. Wait, if this is a simulation or dream then...

I dived through the, quite thin in reality, glass. I then proceeded to fall two or three stories onto hard cobbles. Yep, this is real. The pain sure is there, but it isn’t major, some bruising. Then I put my hand down to push myself up, right onto a shard of jagged glass.

“Fuck!” I cry out as I watch blood pour down my hand and onto my arm. It drips to my elbow before dripping onto the greyed floor below. Yet again stumbling like a fool to my feet, I wrenched the shard out of my hand; Holy hell, that hurts even more taking it out! Quickly glancing around, I spotted an open gateway about a hundred metres ahead of me. With adrenaline still coursing through my veins, I began to run off at a frighteningly fast pace. I didn’t care about the yells of surprise or their shouts to “Stop right there!”. Everyone was on high alert; I just let my legs carry me as fast as I could manage. Tearing down the court yard, I began to put my years of rugby training to good use, barging anything that got in my way. I knew I had to keep running, to keep going. I was so determined to push myself on. I barely even noticed I was at the gate, flicking my head up, it revealed that there was only one guard. He was sweating bullets and his somewhat intimidating look failed to put me off.

“Stop right there right no...” I charged into him, wrapping my arms around him and drove forward, pushing him along with little problem as I lowered my body. His legs were all tangled as he tried to push back, but of course to no avail. He was just fodder, after all. Twisting around him, I let go of his body, causing him to crash to ground, the sound very audible as his plate armour clanged against the stone floor. I didn’t look back, I still had to get out of here.

“THOU SHALT STOP IMMEDIATELY!!” God, that was so bloody loud! It had that same regal tone to it that the white Alicorn thing had, but it was much harsher, more ancient and certainly had a lot of commanding force behind it. I wanted to say ‘No’, but I have more important things to do then responding to a disembodied voice. Huh, so it was evening then. The sun had set and the moon had begun to rise. Fortunately, this means everyone will be in bed, so I have a clear path.

“THOU HAST NOWHERE TO GO!!” Yeah, nice try bitch. Then I was hit in the small of the back by a heavy, fast moving object, to which I crumpled and hit my head on the ground. Everything is going fuzzy, blurry. I could only just make out a pair of dark metallic shoes before everything went black.