• Published 19th Aug 2016
  • 555 Views, 1 Comments

Infiltrator (Cancelled) - Phonyyx



The perfect plan, enacted by the perfect candidate, born to do this job. This changeling was born to kill Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
 1
 555

Chapter 1

As an infiltrator he only had one goal in life. The only reason for his continued existence, to kill Twilight Sparkle. Ever since his rebirth he studied and trained for his mission, and he was finally ready. The dark of the night masked his approach to the castle. He knocked on the front door and turned invisible. Spike opened the door and looked around, finding nopony at the door.

"Nopony would still be up this late. I must be hearing things," Spike told himself as he closed the doors, but not before the changeling slipped inside undetected. Spike walked off and left the hidden changeling alone. He knew this castle like the back of his hoof. It didn't take long to find a sleeping Twilight. She looks so peaceful asleep. Why do I have to kill her. Then, in his head, he heard a voice not of his own. Kill her. Kill her. He looked around and saw the other elemental bearers all asleep in sleeping bags. He mentally planned his path to reach Twilight without waking the others when he heard hoofsteps in the hallways.

Those are hoofsteps! There are only supposed to be six ponies plus that dragon in this castle. I need to work fast. Carefully, he maneuvered over to Twilight and stopped right beside her and opened his mouth, fangs in place to end her. The door opened and a third unicorn walked in. The changeling instinctively turned invisible.

"Twilight, sorry to wake you. But, Spike said he heard somepony knocking at the door but nopony was there," she walked inside and awoke not only Twilight but the five other ponies also in the room. Twilight flipped a switch and light filled the room, exposing the changelings shadow. "What is that?" With his cover blown the changeling turned visible again and pounced on top of Twilight.

"AAAHHH!" Twilight yelled as she processed what was currently going on.

"Hey!"

The changeling turned to see four very pissed off ponies staring him down, one terrified, and one with a look of confusion. Before he could react Applejack kicked him across the room. He wobbled back up into his hooves and felt something hit him in the side. He looked up to find Pinkie Pie aiming a cannon at him. Where did she get that from! Pinkie pressed a button and out came a ball of paper strips and balloons. Confetti? He opened his mouth a spit a green substance at the cannon, clogging it up.

"Eeewww." Rarity gaged, visibly disgusted. So, she doesn't like that. He shot another spit at Rarity, hitting her mane. Rarity screamed and looked at her mane horrified. She launched herself at the changeling, momentarily pinning him to the ground. He readied another spit and fired. Headshot. Rarity jumped up and back. She called for her drama couch, all sorts of cleaning supplies, and the changeling's head before finally dramatically fainting. Rainbow dash flew at him, yelling a battle cry of sorts. He simply stepped to his right and Rainbow dash flew right past him, hitting a wall. He looked over to see Fluttershy trying to un-faint Rarity. I need to get out of here, now. He leaped for the exit. Only to be suspended in air -unable to move- by Twilight. She threw him towards a wall. He closed his eyes and braced himself. A loud thud emanated and he opened his eyes to see Twilight casting a spell. Crystals sprung up from beneath him and pretty soon he found himself trapped inside a makeshift crystal prison.

"A changeling. I say we tell Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. They will know what to do." Rarity, now un-fainted, stared down the changeling only to be meet by an intimidating glare.

"I agree. Starlight, can you get Spike?" Twilight asked Starlight.

"Alright," Starlight walked down the hallways.

Soon a letter was on its way to Cadence and Shining Armor. The reply appeared from a fiery belch, curtesy of Spike. The two arrived at Ponyville as the sun began to rise.

"Twily,-" Shining Armor hugged his little sister. "-it's so good to see you, if only circumstances were different. So, where is it?"

"We have it trapped in a makeshift crystal prison. That spell you taught me did come in handy Cadence." Twilight noticed that Flurry Heart was nowhere to be seen, "And, where's Flurry Heart at?"

"We asked Sunburst to foalsit her until we get back," Cadence answered. Twilight turned around and led the two to the makeshift prison. The changeling, still inside the cage, glared at Twilight as she entered the room.

"Can it speak?" Shining asked.

"Not from what we've seen or heard." Twilight's stomach growled. "Hehe. I guess we should probably eat. You two want to join us for breakfast?"

"Sure, this changeling isn't going anywhere anytime soon," Shining Armor answered as they all walked to the dining hall for something to eat. The sun had already risen and a small puddle of blood formed on the changeling's lower lip. He heard a familiar voice in the back of his head, Queen Chrysalis.

"You were given a single job, and you failed spectacularly. Bravo. Bravo," the queen said mockingly.

"My Queen, please. Allow me to make it up to you. I will complete my task and kill her," the changeling begged.

"I think not," fear shot through the changeling. He knew the dreaded words that he was about to hear. "You are compromised." And just like that, he felt his connection to the hive fade away, no longer able to hear her voice, nor the millions of voices from his brothers and sisters.

He hung his head down in sorrow. I failed my queen, and now I'm all alone because of my failure. He punched the crystallized stone floor. Then the doors opened and Starlight walked inside carrying a small plate filled with pancakes. She looked back over her shoulder and silently closed the door.

"I brought some you food." Starlight teleported the plate to the changeling. She was about to leave when the changeling spoke up.

"Why did you bring me this?" He asked in a soft and defeated tone.

"You can talk?!" Starlight was stunned.

"Of course I can talk. Why did you bring me this?" the changeling pointed a hoof to the plate of food.

"To be nice. And you looked hungry. Why does it matter?" Starlight sat down facing the changeling. "Do you have a name?"

"Name?" He cocked his head sideways as if hearing a foreign language.

"You know, a name. It's what others call you by. Like my name is Starlight Glimmer. What's yours?"

The changeling looked down to his side, "We are not given names."

"We?" now Starlight was confused.

"Changelings."

"Changelings. I've never heard of changelings. But, why are you called that?"

"Because of this." He transformed into Starlight. "We are able to change into and mimic others." his voice perfectly copied Starlight's voice.

Starlight was more than a little freaked out, what with the whole seeing and hearing herself, but she stayed calm and did her best to ignore it, "Mimic? That sounds like it could be your name."

"Mimic. I like it." Mimic transformed back into his natural form. "You neither hate nor fear me, why?"

"What reasons do I have to hate you or fear you. And how do you know that I don't?"

"Changelings can sense emotions on others. It's sort of like your taste and smell for food, for us its emotions. "Mimic's stomach growled. "Hehe. Sorry."

"If your hungry you can eat the food I brought for you."

"I thank you for it but, we don't eat most of the foods that you do. And that's not the main thing my kind eats anyway."

"Then what does your kind eat?"

"Love." Starlight looked over her shoulder to see the others standing in the doorway. "And they do it by foalnapping somepony you love, impersonating them, and sapping the love out of the pony's loved ones." Shining narrowed his eyes at Mimic. "Love-sucking bug."

"What. Did. You. Just. Call. Me." Mimic growled.

"Mimic. What about before, you weren't angry then, please calm down. Let's try to not resort to bloodshed. Please." Starlight placed herself defensively between Mimic and the group of ponies.

"Starlight, do ya know what the changelings did?" Applejack asked, trying to get her friend out of harms way.

"What do you mean?" Starlight looked back at Mimic. "Mimic?"

Mimic looked down. "We, the changelings, invaded Canterlot in order to-"

"Take over Equestria and suck the love out of everypony," Shining interrupted.

"-survive," Mimic finished. Everypony looked confused at Mimic. "You honestly think that the invasion was our first attempt. We tried peace talks. Only to get chased out of every town we came across. And ponies are the only creatures that we can feed the emotions off of that won't eat us."

"E-Eat you?!" Twilight gave a horrified look on her face, ears drooped down.

"Yes. And invading the wedding through disguises was the only way to get food without being killed by the hate for us."

"What do you mean by 'killed by the hate' Mimic?" Starlight turned to face him.

"Changelings can sense and feast on any emotion. But love is the only emotion that sustains us without any adverse side effects. Hate kills us." Mimic's vision blurred and his hearing dropped. His legs swayed and he could taste blood in his mouth. "And all the hate you're directing at me is killing me." Mimic's legs gave way and he coughed up blood. "Quickly."

Starlight looked in disbelief. "We have to do something, we can't just let him die." She spun around frantically. "Princess Cadence, maybe one of your spells that gives love can help him."

"It was just trying to murder Twilight earlier. And you want to save it!" Rainbow Dash shouted, "Are you insane!"

"Well, maybe we can find out why if he currently wasn't on death's door!"

"Starlight has a point. We should help it, err, him." Cadence stepped forward and readied a spell to help Mimic. Two halves of a broken heart appeared and floated around Mimic, coming together to form a full heart. Mimic gasped and coughed small amounts of blood. His eyes opened and he forced himself up, only to fall back down from exhaustion.

"T-Thank you," Mimic said softly.

"Why were ya tryin to kill Twilight?" Applejack asked.

"It is the only reason I exist. I was bred to kill Princess Twilight."

"Alright, everypony out. We'll decide on what to do and talk later." Shining Armor ushered the ponies out of the doors and shut them behind him, leaving Mimic alone to muse over everything that has happened.

Shining hates me, Twilight dislikes changelings but not me so much. Cadence holds no hatred for me. Neither did Fluttershy, she was completely terrified however, Rainbow Dash wanted to give me a black eye, Rarity hated me for spitting in her mane, Applejack and Pinkie Pie were just too confused to sense emotions from, and Starlight didn't have anything. So half of them hate my guts. Just great. Hopefully that spell that feed me will help me last till I can find somepony to draw love from, if at all.

The ponies all gathered around the Map of Equestria to decide on what to do about Mimic.

"We can't trust it. We all have seen what a changeling can do." Shining Armor slammed a hoof on the map.

"What exactly can a changeling do?" Starlight asked curiously.

"Well, for one they are deceitful and.. and... um."

"Really. That's it. That's the only reason you have to not trust them?" Starlight gave a deadpan look.

"Starlight is right. That's the only instance that the changelings have done any real harm to Equestria," Cadence spoke up. "Who's to say that we should judge him for the actions of others?"

"How about trying to murder Twilight! Let's not forget that!" Rainbow Dash shook her hooves to emphasis her point.

"Okay, that we should judge him for."

"We can't keep Mimic here forever, we need to figure out what to do about him." Twilight rubbed her chin.

"What if we gave Mimic a chance to live here? In Ponyville." Starlight proposed. "That way we can keep an eye on him and we won't have to keep him imprisoned here forever."

"That could work." Twilight thought about it in her head.

"What! Twilight, you're not actually considering releasing that creature!" Shining Armor shouted. He thought Twilight was going crazy.

"Shining Armor, please don't shout in my ear. And yes. If he makes any moves, we can put him in another crystallized prison. Plus, this might be the only time we could befriend a changeling. What do you girls think?" a series of mumbles were heard. "I guess we'll put it to a vote. Rarity."

"That ruffian messed up my beautiful mane. I don't like the idea of letting it lose again."

"Applejack?"

"Ah think we should give him a chance at the least, remember Zecora? Let's not base a book by its cover. But be careful sugarcube."

"Pinkie Pie?"

"If he was still trying to kill you, wouldn't he also be trying to escape. Maybe he doesn't want to kill you anymore."

"Rainbow Dash?"

"Not at all!" Rainbow Dash slammed both her hooves down.

"Fluttershy?"

"H-he is very scary. But I don't want him to starve. I don't know."

"Cadence?"

"Yes"

"Shining Armor?"

"Still, no!"

"Spike?"

"He tried to kill you! I don't trust it one bit."

"Starlight, since this was your idea, I'm guessing that you'll say yes?"

"Yes, to both."

"So, my decision will decide it. Well, I say we let him have a chance."

Mimic heard the doors open and a flood of light entered the room. He raised a hoof to try and block the sudden light. The holes in his hooves didn't help.

"Mimic?"

"Who is it? I can't see with all that light." Mimic rotated his hooves to block the light, again to no avail.

"It's me, Twilight. We have decided to let you free."

"Okay, why?"

"Don't you want to be free?"

"Yeah, but these kind of things tend to have a price tag come along."

"Just don't kill me or anypony." The crystal prison started to fall to pieces. Mimic took a few steps forward, stopping in front of Twilight.

"Why would I try to kill anyone?"

"You said yourself that you were bred specifically to kill me."

"To be completely honest, I didn't want to kill anyone. And also I was rebred after being err... regrown, or healed, for lack of a better term. I was originally a scout Changeling, then Queen Chrysalis had me on essentially life support and ordered me to be stored in stasis cocoon. There I was healed and, well... I blacked out in the cocoon. While in the cocoon, all I heard was a single order." Mimic lowered his head and sighed as he remembered that order. "Kill Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends. And when I woke back up I had no recollection of past events."

"Then how did you remember the events at Cadence and Shining Armor's wedding then?"

"This scar,-" Mimic held up his right hoof and there a scar in the shape of a hole, "-it tore my mind apart trying to remember why I had it. One day I stumbled across the place where I was impaled and the memories started to return. I remembered the events of the wedding and beginning impaled by a rocky outcropping after being blasted out of Canterlot."

"Why would Chrysalis not want you to remember what happened?"

Mimic shrugged. "My best guess is that it was to demonize me and give me a bloodthirsty grudge against you without any reason as I felt a grudge against you and your friends with no knowledge of why. It was essentially to make me a living weapon."

"Okay, he doesn't seem to want to kill me. You can turn off the light."

"Yes, please no more lens flare." The blinding light dimmed and revealed Shining Armor with a spear, ready to throw it at Mimic. "Ahh!" Mimic hid behind Twilight.

"Shining Armor, is the spear really necessary?" Twilight facehoofed.

"Yes!" Shining Armor shouted with the spear still aimed at Mimic. Twilight moved her older brother out of the way and motioned for Mimic to follow. Mimic quickly ran past Shining Armor. "Twilight, can me and Cadence talk to you. In private?"

"Uh, sure." Twilight followed the two into the throne room. They were going to the throne room a lot, probably to use the bathroom as well.

"Well... what now?" Mimic asked.

"I don't know. Tour of the castle?" Starlight proposed.

"Sure." Mimic followed Starlight as she showed him around the castle.

"Well, since everythin' is fine, Ah got to get back to the farm," Applejack said.

"And I need to feed Angel Bunny." Fluttershy quickly left for her cottage. Applejack looked over at Rainbow Dash.

"Ahem. Rainbow Dash, don't you also have something to do, like your job maybe!"

"I don't trust him or like this at all." Rainbow Dash muttered for the billionth time. Applejack grabbed Rainbow Dash by the tail and dragged her out of the castle.

Pinkie looked over at Rarity, "Don't you have something to do today, Rarity?"

"Nope, I don't anymore I don't," Rarity responded, glaring at Mimic.

"Great! That means you can bake with me!"

"Wait, what?" was all Rarity could say before Pinkie grabbed her and bolted off to Sugarcube Corner.

Shining Armor was walking back and forth, back and forth. "Twilight, I really do believe you should reconsider allowing that changeling to stay here. I mean, what if it attacks you in your sleep tonight?"

"Shining Armor, I honestly don't think Mimic is that big of a threat anymore," Twilight said.

"Are the two of you done bickering yet?" Cadence asked. "Shining Armor, we need to get back to the Crystal Empire." A door opened and in walked Starlight and Mimic. "And, Twilight we should also inform Princess Celestia and Princess Luna of Mimic."

"Princess Celestia, she's the one Queen Chrysalis defeated at your wedding right?" Mimic asked.

"Yes," replied Cadence.

"Oh, please Queen no. Don't not tell that white demon, or her sister, of me. Please, please, please no," Mimic was practically begging Cadence.

"Why not?"

"Well, essentially what Queen Chrysalis is to you, Princess Celestia is to us. Mother fucking terrifying." Mimic shivered slightly.

"Well, we won't tell them."

"Thank you."

After a bit of convincing, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence both headed back to the Crystal Empire. Twilight was in the castle library, searching for any book she had on changelings. There were books strewn across the floor and numerous skyscrapers of papers reaching the top shelves. Mimic walked in and nearly created a domino line books.

"Princess Twilight, what is all of this?" Mimic asked.

"This is me trying to find a book with anything about changelings in it. And you don't have to refer to me by my title." Twilight grabbed three books and flipped though them.

"But I will." Mimic walked over to a shelf and pulled out every book about Equestrian Wildlife. Then he selected the most ornate looking book,Equestria's Wild Beasts, and gave it to Twilight. "Try looking in here." Twilight opened and flipped through the book. And low and behold, there was a section on changelings.

"How did you find this, I've been looking for hours and didn't find squat!" Twilight was expecting Mimic to answer with It was under 'E'. But he didn't.

"I just went for the most ornate book. Its usually the one that holds what you're looking for."

"Of course it is. It always is!" Twilight flipped to the beginning of the section. Changelings are a race of evil, deceptive, love-sucking bug-like beasts. That was just first sentence of the section. Twilights' mouth gapped wide open. She looked up to see Mimic holding a nonchalant expression. "Wh...wh... What!?"

"You get used to stuff like this. Keep reading, I'd like to hear what else the book says ponies think of us."
Changelings abduct foals and replace them with a changeling while the real foal is placed inside a cocoon. When the foal emerges, they are no longer a pony, they are a changeling and hellbent against ponies. Twilight continued reading. The book stated all sorts of things that changelings were responsible for, it even stated that no changeling can be trusted, and if somepony was to ever find a changeling, they have to kill it. Eventually, Twilight could bare it no more and stopped reading. "It's all a load of lies and fanatic racism. Par for the course for any book on changelings."

"We could write a better book in a day." Twilight threw the book into the air. Until she realized what she did. She then proceeded to catch the book in her magic. The words she said dawned on her. Her eyes lit up with a intelligent enthusiasm. "We could write a better book." She looked over to Mimic. "What do you say, if you tell me about changelings, true things, then there would actually be a book about changelings and not be out to demonize them."

"You're right." Mimics' mind clicked. "So, where do we start?" Twilight, however already had that covered. Twilight had cleared a sizable area in the middle of the library and brought up a table, some chairs, quills, ink, and lots of paper. "Ohh." Twilight sat down in one of the seats and Mimic sat in the other.

"Well, how about the beginning. How are changelings born?"

"Well, we are born from eggs. The queen is the only changeling capable of giving birth."

"You said you were a scout? Can you elaborate?"

"It's a caste system. When a changeling is born, they are assigned a role based on how they were bred. The Drone is the most basic and common changeling, they are the all-around ones. Scouts like me are the fastest and are usually sent on mission to investigate potential sources of love, we are the only ones who can sense emotions from across the world. Infiltrators are the elites of the Hive, they are sent out as the beginning of most invasions. They replace a pony, or make up a completely new persona, and go undercover as a pony in the potentially love sources found by the scouts, but they aren't exactly the best for assassination missions. In fact that's the Hunter's role. They can track anything indefinitely. Now we have the Brutes, they are the muscle of the Hive, they have the most physical strength and the thickest shells, but are ridiculously slow as a result. Next would be the Captains. They are the second-in command and we usually receive orders through them. And finally the Queen. She is literally the mother of all changelings." Mimic noticed Twilight was furiously trying to write all that Mimic was saying. "You need me to repeat any of that?"

"Yes, please." Twilight sighed in relief.

"Which parts?"

"All of it."

Mimic chuckled. "Alright, I'll go slower this time." Mimic repeated what he had said, this time more slowly, and allowed time between each part for Twilight to finish writing and ask questions. The doors opened and Starlight walked in.

"Twilight, there you are. We couldn't find you. What are you two talking about?" Starlight pointed a hoof to the three papers Twilight had written and to the fourth paper Twilight had filled out halfway.

"We are writing a book on changelings, as it turns out... err... how do I put this lightly?" Twilight brought a hoof up to her chin as she tried to find the right words to describe the book they found without offending Mimic.

"You can't. It was essentially fanatic racism combined with large amounts of paranoia, and all out to demonize changelings," Mimic spoke the words that Twilight did not wish to say. "Now, you were asking about how the scouts were so much faster?"

"Yes."

Mimic stood up and the shell on his back split in two halves, revealing his insect-like wings underneath. They were fairly transparent. That, however, wasn't what he wished to show them. He flapped his wings back and forth and eventually stopped. Twilight saw that there were, in fact, actually two set of wings. They were stuck together during normal flight. Twilight walked closer up to get a better view of the dual wing sets. She never seen any creature in Equestria with two sets of wings other than dragonflies. "Wow. This is amazing." Twilight fell to her thoughts of how such a dual wing system worked. Starlight walked up to see the sight as well. The two mares circled Mimic, awning the four wings he had. On their fifth circle Mimic was getting nervous. He lowered his head and blushed slightly.

"Can I have some personal space, I feel like I'm about to get mugged." Twilight snapped out of her thoughts and she realized how uncomfortable Mimic was feeling. She took a step back. "Thank you." Mimics stomach rumbled.

"Mimic, you said Changelings can feast on any emotion. What happens when you eat certain emotions?"

"Well, love is food. Hate kills. Both of which you already know. I can't remember what fear does. But the main reason the other emotions are dangerous for us to ingest is that if we ingest a large amount of any emotion, then we begin to show that emotion. We are what we eat." Another stomach rumble emerged. "Okay, that wasn't me." It was Twilight. She gave an embarrassed blush.

"Sorry, I guess its time for something to eat." Twilight looked over at a clock. It read 6:13. "Who wants to eat?" Starlight was still looking at Mimics' wings. "Um, Starlight?" Starlight blinked and looked over at Twilight.

"Yes. I'm hungry too." The two trotted out of the room and towards the dinning room.

Mimic found himself walking around Twilight's castle with nothing better to do. He walked out onto a small balcony and looked to the sky. The sun had set and the moon had risen to takes its place in the night sky. Mimic loved to look at the nighttime sky, all the stars and cool air always made him feel relaxed. And here it was no different. The crickets chirped and the moon shone brightly.

He never really cared if it was true that a pony was responsible for bringing forth such a beautiful gift each and every night. To him, it was a sign to him telling him that he was never alone.

But now, he was alone. The moon no longer gave him the same sense of never being alone like it usually did. He was cut off from the Hive, left alone and afraid in the dark, unknown world he found himself in.

But even though he could no longer hear the millions of voices in his head. He for once, could hear his own voice clear and concise.

Maybe, Queen Chrysalis was wrong. Maybe ponies could accept changelings. Maybe. And yet, maybe not.

"Mimic,"

Mimic was torn from his inner thoughts as someone called his name. He turned around to find Twilight.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing really."

"Well, then follow me, I'll show you to your room." Twilight walked in and out of the library. Mimic followed closely behind her. Twilight stopped in front of a door and opened it. Dust flew up and into her nostrils.

"Ahh-choo!"

"Queen bless you."

"Thanks. Sorry about the dust. There are to many rooms here to use all of them." Twilight started to remove some of the dust. But Mimic put a hoof on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. I've slept in worse conditions." Mimic walked over to the bed and inspected it.

"If you're all settled in, I've got to go."

"Alright." And with that Twilight went off to her bed. Mimic wasn't sure how to sleep in a bed. Eventually he just played on the bed. Seconds passed, then minutes, and finally hours. He tossed and turned, and then tossed and turned some more. Mimic wasn't tired but he needed to sleep. He looked over to a clock.

"1:24." Mimic sighed. He got up and started walking. Quietly to not wake up the others. He found himself in the throne room, looked up to see a tree hanging from the ceiling with around a hundred crystals hanging from it. One would think I would've noticed that earlier. Mimic flew up to the tree and found a small, open area big enough for him to sit in. He sat down in the tree and took a closer look at the crystals. He found that each crystal had a picture of Twilight's friends magically etched inside of them. The ponies all looked happy and excited to be with each other. Mimic couldn't remember if he had any friends back in the Hive. Without the Hive he was alone.

I may be alone, but I am my own. Mimic thought to himself as he finally drifted off to sleep.


Water droplets dripped from the endless number of stalactites that lined the ceilings of the caves. The constant sound of the dripping echoed throughout the caves that served as the changeling's home. The dark, damp atmosphere was almost suffocating. The only sources of lights were the luminescent moss growing on the cold, stone walls. In the buzz of the Hive, a single messenger changeling rushed to report to Queen Chrysalis the results of her latest plan. The messenger opened up a pair of enormous doors. On the other side laid Queen Chrysalis, opposite the doors to the hallway.

It was the only room in the entire cave system even remotely furnished. Torches lined the walls, all burning with an otherworldly green flame. Under each torch stood a single changeling in sleek, jet black set of changeling armor. The Zuckel, Queen Chrysalis's royal guards. A dark green carpet laid at the foot of the doors and ended at the feet of the stairs, leading up to an elaborate throne. The Emerald Throne. Dozens of spikes jutted out from the sides of the throne. In it sat Queen Chrysalis. In front of her stood a pedestal with a crystallized sphere on top. On her left and right stood her left and right hoofed guards. On the left was Tortel and on the right was his sister, Resezila. The two siblings were bred to be the ultimate guardians and then trained since birth to serve the queen and only the queen.

Tortes motioned for the messenger to come no closer.

"Who are you? And business do you have here?" Tortel asked aloud.

"My name is Dithyl. I have come with news for the Queen." Dithyl bowed before his queen. Tortel looked over to Chrysalis.

"Speak up, messenger."

"My Queen, your latest plan seems to taken an unexpected turn. Do you wish to send another solider to finish the job and tie up loose ends?" The changeling bowed to Queen Chrysalis as he told her the information.

"No." Chrysalis responded, not looking up from the ball.

Dithyl was confused. "But, My Queen, the infiltrator has failed."

Chrysalis shot a glare at Dithyl. He then realized his mistake. "You dare question my authority!" Chrysalis stood up and slammed her hoof down, causing the stone beneath her to crack.

"Forgive me My Queen. I was only thinking..."

"No, you do not think. You only serve. Now begone and leave my presence!" Dithyl whimpered slightly and left the throne hall. The doors echoed out as they were shut. Chrysalis sat back down. She looked back into the crystal and saw Mimic asleep. "Oh, little Kore'kel, you believe you are free. But, you are mistaken. You are still mine, and even when you believe you have failed, you have only begun. You will complete your mission." Chrysalis chuckled as she watched her plan perfectly fall into place.