• Published 25th Jul 2016
  • 6,176 Views, 171 Comments

The Cutie Squad - Foal Star



Discord, Nightmare Moon, King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis have been reduced to foals and placed under Princess Celestia's carful gaze and she does her best to keep the four out of mischief.

  • ...
13
 171
 6,176

Chapter Seven A Foal’s Dream

Chapter Seven

A Foal’s Dream

“Get back here!” a trio of guards shouted as they pursued Sombra through the halls of the castle. Sombra was laughing as he was crawling around a corner to watch the guard go by looking for him desperately. One guard shouted, “Sombra, please. We’ll be in huge trouble!”

Sombra then cried out, “Then pway hide an go seek!”

The guards turned their heads down the corner, and galloped towards the location of the shouting. But they slipped on a sleek sheet of black crystal, making the three fall to the ground on their rumps.Sombra then jumped onto the back of one of the guards as they all crashed into the other side of the hallway.

Sombra was laughing on the ground, kicking his legs (and revealing the big white diaper around his rump decorated with tiny suns). Then everypony heard a “poof” . They all look up to see Princess Luna glaring at them. “What in Tartarus is going on here?!” she demanded.

“I’ve had it!” Sunny Bright shouted. “I swear, that little ‘monster’ just doesn’t want to behave! I’m sorry, but I see no point in sticking around with a foal that seeks to be nothing but trouble!”

Sombra got sullen as Sunny Bright trotted off, while Luna whispered, “Come here, Sombra.”

Luna hugged Sombra and placed him on his back as he silently cried, “I sowie, I was jus twying to pway,” he apologized. “I not mean fow Nanny Sunny Bwigt to weave.”

Luna sighed, “I know, Sombra. But she’s right about one thing, you’ve been a troublemaker more times than any of your siblings. You’re lucky nopony got hurt when they slipped on the sheet., The guards got up as she continued, “Don't worry, none of you are in trouble. Just go back on your patrols and leave Sombra to me. And if you find Nanny Sunny Bright, let her know her services will no longer be required.” She then trotted away, with Sombra clinging to her mane.


Luna now held Sombra in Celestia’s room with him crying into her chest, “I got Sunny Bwight in twouble, huh?” he asked.

Luna held him closer and cooed “It wasn’t anything you did, Sombra. Sunny Bright was largely brought on to help my sister raise your siblings, while I was still recovering from being Nightmare Moon. Cadence actually considered adopting Chrysalis, convinced that two unnatural foals would be more than enough for anypony. But Shining Armor was still shaken up by the wedding, and we all agreed it was best if he waited until his opinion about changelings cooled down, before he tried to raise one. From now on, since you’re the only foal still left in this castle, my sister and I should be able to take care of you, if we split up our royal duties carefully enough.”

Sombra wiped the tears from his eyes and smiled, ”Mommy Cewestia does caw fow me awot, she even takes time off wok jus to pway with me. Bu, I stiw miss my fwiends. I gwess I was twying to pway with the gwauds but they didn want to. It dun hewp tat I dun know many games to pway.”

Celestia then entered the room, shouting, “Sombra, are you alright?!”

Luna looks up at her sister and reassured her, “He’s right here, and he’s perfectly fine. He may have given a few guards some sore rumps, but that’s about it.”

Celestia sighed in relief and brought Sombra close to her chest. “Haven’t I told you how much I hate you running off?” she asked him sternly. “You can’t keep doing this, Sombra. Or one of these days you’re going to run into danger, and neither Luna or I will be there to bail you out.”

Sombra tried not to cry, “I wasn’t twying to wun off. I jus wana pway!”

Celestia hushed him and then carried him to the changing table, where she carefully changed his diaper. Then placed him in his crib and started to tuck him in. “You wanna play?” she asked Sombra, as she put her hooves over her eyes and said, “Where’s Somby?”

Sombra smiled and shouted, “I hewe, Mama!”

Celestia lifted the hooves from her eyes, “Oh, there you are! All nice and snug in your crib too! My goodness, you are adorable!” Sombra laughed, as Celestia gave him a warm smile and kissed him on the forehead. “Mama, am I in twouble?” he asked her.

Celestia shook her head, “No, I understand that you just wanted to play, and nopony got hurt. All the same, I think we need to find somepony for you to play with in the palace.”

Sombra got sad, “Bu nopony hewe wants to pway with me. And aww my fwiends awe in Ponyviwwe.” Celestia wiped the tears from his eyes as he began to sniffle.

Luna watched, as Sombra dug himself deep into the covers, and started to doze off. But she waited until he was in a deep sleep, before whispering to her sister “He needs to go to Ponyville.”

Celestia looked at him with tears in her eyes, “I know. But the choice has to be his own. I’ve already taken so much from him.”

“Look, I’ll take him down there and he can have a good look around and play with his friends,” Luna offered at once. “Then he can decide where he wants to stay.”

Celestia got up and sighed, “Alright, I better get back to the court. I’ve been gone long enough.”

Luna replied, “Go, I’ll watch over the little guy and make sure he stays out of trouble. Though I think most of the court ponies wouldn’t mind seeing this little one around, hardly anypony knows who he used to be.”

Celestia then troted off as Luna approached Sombra, and looked over him, as he suckled his pacifier in complete bliss.

Luna stared at him for a while, then lit up her horn and tapped it to Sombra’s forehead. She was going to enter the dream world!


Luna appeared in a pink padded playground, and saw that Sombra was playing with Nightmare Moon, and two foals that she recognized as Pound and Pumpkin Cake, who were building a sand castle. Luna smiled, and saw how happy Sombra was just trying to make his lopsided sand castle as he babbled, “I wish I could show Mama Cewestia my cool sandcaswle.”

Nightmare Moon giggled, “It wooks wike a sand mountwin to me.”

The cake twins were getting bored of building the sandcastle, “We wanna go pway on the swide!” Pound Cake spoke up.

Luna (who could actually understand them due to the powers of the dream world) got a bit surprised as a giant slide appeared before the foals! It was pink and looked like it was made of pink clouds. The foals shouted in glee as they crawled to it and started to climb it. Pound Cake went down the slide first shouting “Weee!” all the way. Nightmare Moon soon followed

Sombra, who was a bit scared, asked, “I dun know, i’s kind of tall.”

Nightmare Moon called back, “Is okay, we in Dweam Wowld, so noting will happen to ya. I come hewe aww the time.”

“She’s right, this is hardly her first visit. Though the last time she was here, she tried to give Blueblood a nightmare about being a foal.” a familiar voice spoke up.

Sombra turned to look, and was instantly greeted with the familiar presence of the princess of the night. “Mama Wuna, ya hewe!” he eagrly called!

The other foals looked at their guest, as Nightmare Moon squealed! She then teleported into Luna’s hooves and hugged her! “Mama Wuna, tank ya fow bein hewe!”

Luna hugged her former alter ego and cooed, “I’m so happy, you're doing okay,” Then she looked at The Cake Twins. Although she had heard about them from Pinkie Pie, this was her first time seeing them in pony. “Who are you two?” she asked.

Pound Cake went up to her and bowed, “I Poun Cwake”

Pumpkin Cake smiled, “I Pumkin Cake. Poun and I awe twins.”

Luna bowed to them both, “I am Princess Luna, the princess of the night. I am delighted to meet you all.”

Once the foals had gotten over the shock of seeing Luna, Sombra (who was still scarred) climbed back up to the top of the slide. Luna came over to the bottom of said slide and told Sombra ,”I’ll catch you if you fall.” Sombra gulped as he took his hooves forward, and slid down the slide down on his padded rump. He giggled, as he slid straight into Luna, knocking her backwards. Then the other three foals gathered on top of her and they all burst into laughter.

“So, this is what you normally dream?” Luna asked Sombra.

Sombra shook his head, “I usuawwy have otha dweams, bu so faww this dweam has been vewy fun. Awthough, I couwd awways use anothew pwaymate.”

“How about I turn into a foal?” Luna offered. “In the dream world, I can change myself into anything I want, within reason. I am even capable of projecting myself onto certain things such as the moon.” Her horn lit up and soon her body began to shrink, her royal horse shoes fell off and the brace around her chest fell into the grass. She was now an alicorn foal with a coat that was the same dark blue as the night sky, with wisps of a dark blue mane and tail, and two dark purple eyes. She sat in a big, poofy dark blue diaper, with little siverly moons over it. Luna bowed clumsily and fell on her padded rump as she asked ”Alwitght, so what ya wanna do now?”

Pound Cake asked, “We wanna go in the dweams of otha ponies, and pway with them. Can you do tat?”

The now foalified Luna giggled, “Of cowuse I can. Bu we can’t stay fow too wong. Now wets go!”


Fluttershy was trotting through the streets with Discord in his stroller. Some ponies eyed him suspiciously, as some still remembered the time he caused havoc. But most just smiled at him gently and he smiled back.

Suddenly. The peace and quiet was interrupted by a shout “Did anypony see three foals pass by here?!” Pinkie then came galloping through the streets, searching high and low.

Discord gasped, “Wait ya wost Nighmawe Moon?!” he asked Pinkie, to which she reluctantly nodded. Discord felt tempted to cry, worried about what might have happened to the pony he’d come to know as an older sister. But Fluttershy hushed him, then turned to Pinkie, “I'll help you find them, Pinkie I'm sure they’re nearby.” she assured her friend.

“I thought so too. But Nightmare Moon must’ve used her powers, because she and the twins are gone! Foal buggy and everything!”

“Well, why don’t we get Twilight?” Fluttershy suggested. “If anypony has any idea of Nightmare Moon can do with her powers, it’s her.”

“Does somepony need my help?” Twilight asked, as she came trotting up on the scene..

“I lost Nightmare Moon and The Cake Twins, and I think Nightmare Moon took them into the dream world with her powers!” Pinkie immediately replied.

Spike groaned, “And it figures, we just came up with something to stop that sort of thing from happening.”


“Twily, can ya find my fwiends?” Discord asked softly. “Dun teww Nightmawe Moon I said this, but I wewaay wowwied about hew.”

Twilight then smiled and whispered, “Don't worry Discord, I'll find them,” Then she turned to Pinkie and told her,”Take me to where they disappeared. I need some sort of trail to follow in order to gain access to their location in the dream world. Otherwise, we could be wandering about aimlessly for Celestia knows how long. And unlike Princess Luna, I can’t do whenever I want, it’s going to take every ounce of my magic to make the trip possible.”


Rarity woke inside her boutique, but something was off, everything looked different. Her walls were pastel pink, the floors padded pink and her couch was softer and more comfortable than usual. She tried to get up but found it hard, she had to use bars to help get her up. Then she gasped, “Baws? Wha in Tawterus awe bwaws doin hewe?” she exclaimed! She then heard giggles and saw five foals laughing, four of them easily recognizable. Angrily, she shouted “Alwight wha is this?” she gasped realizing her lisp.

“Is simpwe, we payed a visit to youw dweams,” Luna replied. “Though I had no idea you secwetly dweamed of being a foaw. Ow did tat come about as a wesult of youw visit with Sombie?”

“I nevew dweamt of tis befow, someting’s wong!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Dun wowwy, Waity, just pway a simpwe game with us and you can go back to being nowmal.” Luna offered.

Sombra laughed and pointed at her diaper, “She should be called Messity!”

Rarity paused and smelt the air, she realised that a horrid stench was coming from somewhere, and she looked down at her diaper to see it sagging. Just as she was about to cry, however, her dirty diaper magically disappeared, and a brand new one appeared around her rump. To top it off, it was as if though she had been wiped and powdered by some unseen force, because she no longer felt the foul stench of manure wafting from her. All the same she whined, “Tuwn me back ta nowmal”’

Sombra giggled, “Ya gotta pway with us fiwst, then we change ya back.”

Rarity nodded, “Deaw! Pwepawe to wose!” The crib disappeared.

”Awight we gonna pway hide an go seek,” Sombra declared to Rarity. “Ya cwose ya eyes and coun ta ten, then come fin us. When ya find aww of us, Wuna wiww twin ya back to a nowmal pony.”

Rarity muttered, “Ya betta, especiawwy since I was the hide an go seek champion of my foawhood daycawe centew.” She briefly turned to a mirror and saw her reflection, including her diaper with snug purple diamonds decorating it around her flank. “This better be a dream,”she thought to herself. "Though, I admit, the diaper does compliment my coat nicely.”


Twilight pondered the situation presented before her, as she stood at the location where the foal buggy with Nightmare Moon and the twins had disappeared. “They could be in anypony’s dreams,” she explained. “We need to find out whose dream it is though, otherwise this trail only gets us to the initial dream they were in.”

Just then, she, Pinkie, Spike, Fluttershy, and Discord heard a crash as Rarity came smashing into a food stand shouting “I gonna fin ya.” She got up and started trotting around as if in a daze.

Twilight immediately rushed to her friend’s side, “Are you alright?” she asked Rarity. “What’s gotten into you?

Rarity lisped, “I tiwed and need a diapee change. Bu I can’t west untiw I find those foaws.”

Twilight (after noticing the lack of a diaper on Rarity, despite her comment) heard some snickering, as she examined Rarity carefully.

But suddenly, other ponies around the group started to fall, and some started lisping too. Saying such things as: “Wana nap.”, “Pawy time!”, and “ I wana baba.”

Looking all around,Spike remarked “What the hay is going on here?!”

“Dun wook at me, I have no idea was going on!” Discord spoke up. “Dis is magic beyond anyting I cowud puww off.”

“Something must be wrong in the dream world.” Twilight realized.

“Yes, but what? And how come we’re not affected yet?” Pinkie wondered out loud.


Rarity in her dream was crawling around the large boutique, filled with different rooms. Some had changing stations (for fillies and colts) while others were nurseries. Heck, there was even a bathroom with a few training potties that lay scattered across the floor. She then looked into one room that featured a bunch of stuffed animals, and saw that one of them had a face that looked like a smiling foal. Rarity crawled over and shoved past the animals, until she’d grabbed the one with the smile, “I gotcha!” she exclaimed happily!

Sombra groaned as the costume disappeared, leaving him in his padded tush, while Rarity laughed, “Alwight, ya got me, now wets fin the west of my fwiends.” he complained.

“Can I stop to use da potty?” Rarity asked. “I tiwed of messing my diapees, I haven’t done tat since I was thwee.”

“No potty bweaks, we need to get out of hewe as soon as possibwe!” Sombra protested. “I didn tink the game wouwd wast dis wong.” The two went crawling off together, and soo heard two ponies fighting,

“Nightmawe Moon, ya gotta go back! If I know you actualwy telwpowted, then I would of told ya go back soona!” a familiar voice called.

Nightmare Moon shouted back, “No, I wanna stay hewe a wittwe wongew. Dis is so much fun”

Luna replied, ”Is fun to dweam, but ya gotta weave befowe bad things happe.”

“I don wana weave!” Nightmare Moon bellowed in her royal canterlot voice, her protests echoing across the dream boutique.

Luna cooed, “Wisten it’s ben vewy fun, but I tink we did enough fow one day.”

Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake also came out of hiding and added, “Yeah, we wanna go back now. Pinkie’s pwoabwy wooking fow us.”

Rarity, realising it was a dream and that it was going to end shouted, “Ya, I wana go back to bein a bi mawe!”

Sombra laughed, “Waity, ya soun funny when ya do that. I tink pawt of you is jeawous that as a foaw you wanted to gwow so up fast, and you missed out on aww the fun that comes with being a foaw. So you secwety wewe jewous of me cause I got a second foawhood, even though you’ve no intention of evew becoming a foaw or acting wike one.”

Rarity blushed as the foals all giggled. But she figured they might be onto something (as much as she might not want to admit it). Maybe, under different circumstances, she might not mind the chance to be young again.

“Alwight, time to go home!” Luna declared, as she prepared to change herself back to normal, and send everypony back to the waking world. To that end goal, her horn glowed brightly, then it suddenly stopped working, “Was goin on?! I can always weave the dweam wowld!” she cried.

Without warning, the foals vanished, only to reappear in a giant sized nursery that looked a lot like Ponyville! They looked around and saw a whole bunch of foals, all crying and looking around. Then they saw a giant shadowy mare looking down at them as she smiled, “Hello little foals, I'm so glad you're here.”