• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 1,640 Views, 35 Comments

The Heirs of Harmony - Diamond_Emblem



The children of the Elements of Harmony---and then some---manage to travel back in time, to the Mane Six's dismay. What's more, the children don't have a way back. So until the kin find a way back, it's family bonding time.

  • ...
2
 35
 1,640

Chapter 3: The Future Fates

"Ah still don't understand," Applejack said, rubbing her forehead. And ah'm not sure ah wanna understand. "If you're from the future, what're ya doin' here?"

"And how come you have a horn?" Spike asked, pointing to his daughter's horn. "I don't think there's a trace of unicorn blood on Applejack's side of the family. And how come you're not like me?"

"I am like you, father," Apple Blaze said. "I've got pointy teeth and I can breathe fire." She bared her teeth and Spike could see some jagged teeth. She then opened her mouth and a fire blazed out of it.

"Of course, it's kind of embarrassing if I'm in the middle of copying notes and then I sneeze, and then all my notes burn up," Apple Blaze said, sighing. "But that doesn't bother me. I have the best parents in the world!"

"That still doesn't explain why ya got a horn," Applejack murmured.

"Oh," Apple said, suddenly piping down. "Well, Mrs. Sparkle helped investigate and determined that because Spike spent so much time around her and her magical experiments, I have a horn as a result. So, yay, I guess."

"I can't believe I have a daughter!" Rarity squealed. "Who's my husband? Do you have a stallionfriend? Do I have more than one child?"

"One question at a time, Mother," Sophie said. "Your husband is not a high prince of any land in Equestria if that's what you were going to ask."

"A prince as my husband?" Rarity scoffed. "I've had my fair share of princes, and I would most certainly not marry one. Unless he reached my standards."

"Oh, really?" Sophie asked, suddenly looking cheerful. "Glad to hear you're not as shallow as I thought you were."

Rarity gasped. "Young lady, you dare to speak to your own mother with that kind of tone?" she asked.

"Aaaaaaand why is that not surprising?" Sapphire said, sighing.

"Okay, Sunspark!" Moonbeam said, putting up another barrier to deflect his sister's magic. "I think that's enough magic for now. You certainly have gotten better at not consuming all your magic all at once."

Starlight looked at Sunspark's horn and saw it was beginning to simmer. "You can't control your magic supply?" Starlight asked her daughter.

Sunspark sighed. "No," she replied bitterly. "I don't know how you or Dad or Moonbeam do it."

"We tried teaching her how to control it," Moonbeam explained, walking back to his family. "You even created a spell to help her, which is why she seems to be getting better at it. But before then, she could cast two spells before ending up unconscious."

"Moonbeam!" his sister groaned. "Did you really have to tell her? It's embarrassing enough that all my friends know, but Mom in the past? That's just cold."

"Well I'm sorry if I'm trying to help you," Moonbeam said, staring fiercely at Sunspark.

"Just like how you helped those ponies when we were running away from Miss Hooves?" Sunspark snapped.

"It was not my intention to perform any of those spells!" Moonbeam said.

I cannot imagine the kind of headaches Future Me gets with them, Starlight thought to herself.

"So of course, my own daughter's just as awesome as I am," Rainbow said, grinning.

"If anything, I'm more awesome!" Bluebolt said smugly, walking around her mother.

"Yeahhhhh, let's not get tooooo carried away there, sport," Rainbow said, suddenly uneasy. "Hey, who's your dad by the way?"

"Your husband is none other than the great Soarin' of the Wonderbolts!" Blue exclaimed.

Rainbow scrunched her nose. "Soarin', huh?" she asked. "Are you sure? You have the papers to prove it?"

"Don't you, like, have a crush on him or something?" Rainbow's daughter asked, her mood becoming like her mother's. "Like him? Thought about him as more than a friend? Anything at all?"

"To be honest, I thought he was dating Spitfire," Rainbow admitted.

"No wonder my love life sucks, I got it from my mother," Bluebolt mumbled, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"How could your father possibly be Discord?" Fluttershy asked in confusion. "As far as I know, we don't like each other like that."

"Oh, that's okay," Breeze reassured her mother. "As a filly, I would ask you or Dad to tell me about you two fell in love, and it was always that you both eventually started liking each other that way."

"When is eventually?" Fluttershy asked.

"I dunno," Breeze replied. "It'll happen eventually though."

"Um..." Fluttershy rubbed her hoof. "Do you have powers like Discord? You inherited his fur and...energy, I suppose."

Breeze frowned. "No," she said. "But my brother did. I don't think that's very fair. He gets these really cool abilities, and what do I have? Nothing."

"I wouldn't say you have nothing," Fluttershy said, becoming upset. "Maybe you inherited the ability to wield the Element of Kindness."

"I don't think so," Breeze said. "I always asked you and you said that I would never be able to be the Element of Kindness. Like, how? I'm the daughter of the Element of Kindness! I should be able to inherit her kindness! I think my mother's just being foolish. I think she doesn't want to be replaced."

Fluttershy frowned. I think I might be right.

"So, how ya been?" Pinkie Pie asked her daughter. "Pretty good, huh? How many parties do I throw? Are you a super duper part pony like me, too?"

"Yeah, totally!" Cherry Pie said. "But I'm not as good as you at it. I don't think I ever will up to par with you."

"Awe, come on!'" Pinkie exclaimed. "That's not true. I bet you're just as good as party pony as I am! How many parties have you done so far?"

"Oh, a few," Cherry admitted. "About a dozen, maybe. But every time at the end of planning the party, you always look disappointed and then mumble, 'It's not that good,' and other stuff like that."

"That can't be true!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "Your parties must be awesome! In fact, I'm gonna let you plan the next party coming up."

"Really?" Cherry asked, smiling. She hugged Pinkie tightly and said, "Thank you, Mom! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"


Evernight opened the doors to the library and, no surprise to her, found Twilight sitting at her desk with several books either opened or stacked.

"You're predictable," Evernight said.

Twilight looked up. "I'm sorry?" she asked.

"When I arrived at this point of time, I thought to myself, 'My mother would most likely recognize her descendant, because I look like her, act like her, and I know everything about her, right?' I was wrong apparently," Evernight said.

"When you have proof, I'll believe you," Twilight said, closing her book.

"You know what?" Evernight asked. "You'll have your proof at the upcoming Magic Masquerade."

"And how's that?" Twilight asked.

"That's where you meet Dad," Evernight said. "Now, I'll be on my way to help my friends get situated here in town until we find a way back to the future."

"Wait a minute!" Twilight exclaimed. "You don't have a way back to wherever you're from?"

"Well, it's whenever I'm from, but yes," Evernight replied. "You're dealing with me until I get back home."

Twilight blinked. "Well, that's just great!" she groaned, banging her head against the table.

Evernight rolled her eyes, sighing. "Thanks a lot, Mom," she mumbled before leaving the room.

Author's Note:

Look, another chapter!

Comments ( 11 )

I love it. I really want to read more and more.

Part of me wants to know what experiments Twilight did that affected Spikes family jewels.

7753611 Spike spent basically his whole life around Twilight's powerful magic

7753648
Spike has the Magic D.

Please continue!

And now we play the waiting game.
But I am glad I gave this story a read. If you plan on continuing it I'll keep on reading.

8187176
I read that in Gex's voice

I hope They go back via Lightning bolt striking the courthouse at 10:21 pm on Nov 12

Really hope they go back to there time via lightning bolt striking the courthouse at 10:04 pm on November 12th

Login or register to comment