• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 2,377 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Pony Mystic Season 1 - Shadow Master



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends into new adventures, along with Mystic Ponies!

  • ...
13
 8
 2,377

Episode 20: Hearthbreakers

December 20XX...

At Twilight Sparkle's Castle of Friendship, she and her three children were setting their special holiday at their living room - strippers, crystal balls, ribbons, presents and Snow Foods. The Hearth's Warming Eve is coming! They can't wait to start!

Suddenly, they heard something falling and landing on the ground very hard. They turned and found fireplace had some stones dropping down like someone is coming down the chimney. And then comes with...

"Happy Hearth's Warming Eve!" Pinkie Pie cheered as she dropped to the ground.

Twilight Sparkle and her children laughed happily and in amusement at Pinkie Pie. Applejack and Caramel entered the chamber while smiling happily.

"Shucks, Twilight! Y'all done it up nice and cozy in here." Applejack commented.

Twilight Sparkle smiled as she levitated held their doll version of themselves up, "We're about to hang our Hearth's Warming dolls if you wanna join us."

"Why not? I definitely-!" Caramel yelped from interruption by Applejack's nudge.

Applejack smiled and continued, "Oh, that's mighty sweet of you, but we're just stoppin' in to wish y'all a happy Hearth's Warmin' before we go."

Twilight Sparkle smiled as she turned and placed the dolls on top of fireworks. She turned and looked at her friends. She commented,

"I think it's sweet that your families are spending the holiday together."

"Picture the most fun-tacular thing you can think of. Now multiply that times infinity!" Pinkie Pie commented happily. She then screamed as she bounced before Applejack and Caramel, "It's gonna be great!"

"Oh! I see everypony's here," Shadow Dragon smiled as he entered the scene. He brought the dumpling soup bowls into it as well. He smirked, "Coz today's Ma Dongzhi Festival!"

"Ma Donkey Z what?" Caramel asked in concern.

Shadow Dragon chuckled as he passed the bowl to everypony, "Ma Dongzhi Festival or for your language - Winter Solstice Festival. When a family or a clan gathered together to celebrate, they shared a very special meal - Winter Sweet Dumpling meals. It's not only important family tradition, but also gives you very good luck and positive energy for the next year. It happens just before Hearth's Warming Eve."

"I hear ya," Applejack whistled as she took a bite on it. She hummed happily, "Not bad. It's not so bad at all. It's not Caramel's special Apple Treats, but it's good."

Twilight, her kids and Caramel tried as well. They too felt it as well. When Pinkie tried it, she spitted it out while yelping in disgust. Everyone glared at her.

"Sorry... It's just that. It doesn't taste sweets." Pinkie Pie apologized.

Shadow Dragon rolled his eyes in amusement, "Not the first time to see that. Terrorcreep hated them a lot. And believe me; whenever he sees it, he gets pissed."

WHISTLE! Everyone heard the train blew the whistle. Applejack, Caramel and Pinkie Pie gasped as they realized that they have to go as well.

"That's us. See you later!" Applejack commented.

Spike turned to Twilight Sparkle as he asked, "Now can we open presents?"

"Wow? Really? That early? I thought we're suppose to wait after tonight?" Lance asked in surprise.

Applejack nodded, "He's right. Tonight is Hearth's Warming Eve. Everypony knows you don't open presents 'til tomorrow."

Twilight Sparkle giggled in amusement, "When Spike and I spent our first Hearth's Warming Eve together, he couldn't wait all night to open his presents! I even told Nyx about it too. ANd she's ever excited about it too. Ever since then, we've always opened them the night before!"

"It's kinda like our tradition!" Spike commented.

Shadow Dragon scoffed, "And I thought Jade and I were the only ones like to open the present without letting my dad noticed it."

Lance chuckled happily as he held and gave Nyx a noggie, "My mum did say that Hearth's Warming Eve is not always about following tradition but making your own and enjoy it. I guess this is what she meant. I'm gonna like it."

Nyx giggled happily, "I guess we all have the same in common, daddy! Early the better to have the fun!"

Applejack shook her head in amusement, "That's not how our family does it, and I reckon it can't be how Pinkie's or Caramel's does it. Is it?"

Caramel shook his head, "Not mine."

Pinkie Pie nodded, "No sirree!"

"To each their own, I suppose." Shadow Dragon smiled.

WHISTLED! Everyone heard it. And it make Pinkie Pie yelped in concern as she realized it. She said goodbye to her friends as she pushed both Applejack and Caramel out at once.

Twilight Sparkle smiled in amusement while shaking her head. She turned as she levitated her presents before her children. Lance, Spike and Nyx quickly opened them at once happily. It makes Shadow Dragon and even herself laughed in amusement.

As soon as they opened their presents, they saw something shock and surprise. Nyx smiled and squealed happily while Lance and Spike looked shock and surprise. Three to them turned and looked at Twilight Sparkle and Shadow Dragon. She smiled while he looked surprise.

"Just what I always wanted!" Nyx said happily while Lance and Spike said nervously as they picked their own book up, "A book..."

Twilight Sparkle smiled happily while Shadow Dragon sighed in concern. The Princess of Friendship really likes books a lot...


Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Caramel weren't the only ponies to use the train for travelling. The Apple Family were there as well. They were travelling to Pinkie Pie's old homeland - Rock Farm where her family lived for one special reason...

"It's so excitin'! Related or not, it's gonna be a hoot havin' our families together under one roof!" Applejack remarked happily.

Caramel held Applejack's shoulder while smiling, "And I'm glad to be there as well."

Pinkie Pie giggled happily as she held both apple and pie in pushing together, "Apples and Pies together again for the first time! Maybe. Unless we're related! Which maybe we're not. I think I just confused myself."

Applejack smiled as she patted her best friend, "Friends or family, this here's about togetherness."

"Have you tried the Equestria flag crepes? The blue is blueberry!" Apple Bloom muttered happily with her mouth full in eating candies. She turned and whispered to Pinkie Pie, "And don't tell Granny I saw, but her trunk is full of presents!

Applejack, unamused yet annoyed as she spoke, "Now hang on, sugarcube. You know Hearth's Warmin' isn't just about candy and presents, right?"

"Uh-oh. That's your boring sisterly lecture voice." Apple Bloom remarked sarcastically.

Big McIntosh chuckled in amusement, "Eeyup."

"It's the reason I loved her," Caramel remarked while giving her a wink.

Blushed by her boyfriend's compliment, Applejack cleared her throat to explain, "A long time ago, the Earth ponies, Pegasus ponies, Unicorn ponies and Alicorn ponies weren't friends. But then, the icy chill of the Windigos almost iced up everythin'. So the ponies decided to work together, and their friendship drove them nasty critters away. Triumphant, they raised a new flag to celebrate all three tribes, and Equestria was born."

"And don't forget about a Hundred-Year War or ponies prefer to call it," Caramel added before he cleared his throat, "the First Mystic War! A war between Equestria and Mystic Ponies! And trust me on this, it's not a friendly competition or even prank war! It's terrible! I wouldn't imagine of how bloody and terrible that war is! Because if that never stop, we all would have been-!"

"Caramel! Not in front of Apple Bloom! That part is not important!" Applejack remarked in annoyance. She sighed, "That Hundred-Year War is over, thanks to the first Princess of Equestria and the Mystic Emperor met and wedded together as family.

"And I'm guessing that's when Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were born," Apple Bloom asked happily. Applejack nodded in confirmation. She giggled as she asked, "Is that why we celebrate with a flag raisin' tomorrow?"

Applejack smiled, "Mm-hmm! And tonight, we'll have the traditional Hearth's Warmin' Eve dinner to remember the shared bounties of our ancestors."

"We do that too!" Pinkie Pie added.

"Then we'll hang our Hearth's Warmin' dolls over the fireplace to remind us of the warmth shared on that fateful night."

"That's what our family does too!"

"And tomorrow, we open presents!"

"Ah! We do that too!"

Apple Bloom smiled, "Sounds like the Apples and the Pies do everything the same way!"

"Of course! We might be related!" Applejack and Pinkie Pie said happily before looked at each other and said, "Hey, I was gonna say that! Stop sayin' what I'm sayin'! You stop it first!"

Applejack and Pinkie stopped for the moment. Instead of showing upset and angry, they laughed happily. They were joined by the rest as well.

WHISTLED! The train stopped at once right before the Rock Train Station. Apple Family and Pinkie Pie exited the train and landed on the station. The train headed off at once. They all now waiting for someone else as well.

"I'm so happy, I need to make up a new word for how happy I am. What about... 'rooftastic'?" Pinkie Pie squeed and bounced happily. Everyone looked at her about the new word she used. She continued, "As in, I'm gonna stand on the roof and yell to everypony how rooftastic this is!"

Applejack smiled a bit but frowned as she looked concern and scared, "What if our families don't like each other?"

"Applejack, that's crazy! Why would you think that?" Caramel asked in amusement.

"Yeah! We are friends, Applejack, and after tonight, our families are gonna be friends too. Do you know what that means? Number of Apples times number of Pies is twenty four, minus my preexisting friendships plus one for Maud and you makes five from twenty four is..." Pinkie Pie took a deep breathe before launched her nineteen hooves literally out, "nineteen new friendships!"

Upon hearing the hoofsteps, Pinkie Pie turned and found two familiar characters stood before her, "Maud! Cheesy!"

"Howdy, Pinkie Pie! Took your sweet time! I have a great chat with your sister. She's sweet and awesome!" Cheese Sandwich exclaimed happily. He chuckled happily as he leaned close to her before giving her a wink, "And she's real charmer as you, babe."

Maud Pie pulled Cheese Sandwich while giving him an unemotional mood, "If you tried to hurt her again like what you did at Rainbow Dash's Birth-Anniversary Day, I will hurt you a lot, party boy."

Cheese Sandwich chuckled uneasily, "Okay... Cheesy Promise!"

Pinkie Pie giggled, "I missed you so much!"

Maud smiled a bit as she turned and hugged Pinkie Pie, "I'm so excited to see you, Pinkie Pie. You too, Applejack. I hope you had fun sledding yesterday."

"How'd you know that?" Applejack asked as she looked at her hoof.

"Isn't it obvious? There are specks of extrusive andesite on your hoof. It's a mountain rock."

Granny Smith whistled, "Oh, she's good."


Pinkie Pie, Maud Pie and Cheese Sandwich led and guided the Apple Family and Caramel all the way to the Pie Rock Farm. Upon arriving at the area, they all saw the farm being decorated and filled with Hearth's Warming Eve decoration. Apple Family awed in amazement and surprise.

"This place looks amazin'!" Applejack commented.

Rock Farmed House's door opened as Pinkie Pie's whole family emerged from it especially Marble Pie since Pinkie Pie have to push her out.

"Come on, everypony! Meet my super-mega-fun-derful family!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily, "Everypony, meet everypony!"

As both family approached towards each other, Marble Pie ran home in fear and scared like they scared her off a lot.

Igneous Rock cleared his throat, "Surely thy name is not but Granny Smith. I am called Igneous Rock Pie, son of Feldspar Granite Pie."

"Thou shalt know me as Cloudy Quartz." Cloudy Quartz greeted.

Igneous Rock gave religious salute to Granny Smith, "May Providence favor thee well, and to thou comfort our humble homestead bring."

"Y'all gabbin' with words real funny-like. Wh-wh-what'd you say them names were?" Granny Smith asked in confusion yet amusement. She approached Pinkie's parents while asking, "Iggy? And I'm just gonna call you Big Mama Q!"

Both Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz were annoyed by Granny Smith's joke but kept silent.

Limestone Pie gave Apple Bloom a glare. It make Big McIntosh uneasy and annoyed since his little sister got her right eye nearly wounded by Mei Kai.

"Gaze into the eyes of Limestone Pie. Ma and Pa may own this rock farm, but I keep it running. Cross me and—"

Pinkie Pie interrupted as she pushed Limestone Pie away from Apple Bloom, "Aye aye, Captain Grumpy! No one's gonna mess with your precious mine!"

"Or Holder's Boulder!" Limestone Pie added.

Pinkie Pie sighed as she pointed at the giant rock, "Everypony stay away from Holder's Boulder. There, you happy now?"

"Whatever..."

"And my name is Cheese Sandwich - boyfriend and party partner of Pinkie Pie," Cheese Sandwich greeted happily while held his hoof before annoyed Caramel. He asked, "What?"

Caramel sighed, "We've met before since Third Mystic War, Cheese. Remember? Caramel?"

"So, it's nice to meet you, buddy. I'm here to congratulate you for being Applejack's boyfriend. You two looked so cute!"

Caramel groaned, "Is he serious?!"

Applejack spotted Marble Pie hiding shyly behind the cornered Rock Farm. Applejack approached as she was about to greet the shy one. Pinkie jumped before Applejack as she introduced her youngest pony.

Pinkie Pie introduced, "This is Marble Pie, my baby sister who's only a few minutes younger than me but she'll always be a baby to me, isn't that right? She's so excited to meet everypony! Oh, and she wishes you all a happy Hearth's Warming!"

Waiting for the reply, Marble Pie remained silent. Pinkie Pie nudged her younger one to respond.

Marble Pie nodded, "Mm-hmm."

Applejack whispered, "Guess Pinkie Pie always did the talkin' for her."

Pinkie Pie whistled happily, "Attention! Everypony get settled in! There's plenty of room upstairs. And then it's time for Hearth's Warming Eve dinner!"

Pinkie Pie threw the confetti out across out. Both Apple and Pie Family smiled as they turned and entered their home at once especially Maud Pie entered to home at once.

Applejack whispered to Pinkie Pie, "So far, so good, cousin!"

Pinkie Pie giggled, "Hee-hee!"

"Pinkie Pie, thou never told thee father that a friend of thee would be here earlier," Igneous Rock asked sternly yet calmly. Pinkie Pie and Applejack looked confuse and surprise. He continued, "Marble Pie has her eyes on him. I trust him not."

"Who's he?" Pinkie Pie and Applejack asked.


Within the guest's bedroom, Apple Family was unpacking their stuffs and settling down. But they weren't the only one.

"I just can't believe you're here! I'm kinda surprised." Applejack exclaimed in amusement yet happily, "I'm just curious - why are you here, Saber? Aren't you with your family for Hearth's Warming Eve?"

Saber Dragoon crossed his hooves while leaned against the walls, "Let's just say - I'd never really enjoy Hearth's Warming Eve."

"Why?" Apple Bloom asked.

"My adoptive family never let me join the party since it's for related family while adopted not counted. They'd never give me some chances. Honestly. That's why. And besides, Marble Pie invited me here."

"Really? How? Are you in love with her? Pinkie's daddy said you have eye on her."

"Apple Bloom, don't be ridiculous. She and I are just friends. We both met when General Justice Tackle and I were collecting some rocks for rebuilding the city and fortress some time ago. And let's just say, that Rock Farm is always a good business in trading them with my home."

"Wow... That's just like what we did with yours for Apple Cider!" Apple Bloom squealed happily as she bounced happily on bed, "Oh, I can't wait to taste their fresh sweet rolls! They're my favorite part of Hearth's Warmin' Eve dinner."

Granny Smith nodded, "I'm more of a six-layer bean dip filly myself!"

"I love that too!" Apple Bloom complimented. She turned to Applejack, "Oh, Applejack, do you think theirs'll be even better than ours?"

Applejack smiled, "Well, that's a mighty tall order, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least."

Saber Dragoon smiled while shaking his head in amusement, "I don't think you're gonna like this one. Trust me on this. You'd be big disappointment. But best you respect their tradition, Applejack."


Upon taking their own seats, Pie Family sat on right side while both Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz set on the rear edge. Apple Family and Saber Dragoon set on right side of the table. Applejack, Pinkie Pie and their boyfriends set on its front before their family.

Apple Family and even Caramel were definitely disappointed and shock about the dinner. The Pie Family were having Rock Soup for dinner? And both Cheese Sandwich and Saber Dragoon are okay with it?

Applejack hummed in concern, "What about hot rolls and mulled cider and double-baked pot pie?"

"Uh, what about six-layer bean dip?" Granny Smith asked.

"We have rock soup." Maud Pie insisted unemotionally.

Cheese Sandwich nodded, "And they taste great too!"

"Potato, po-tah-to. Double-baked pot pie, rock soup! Dinner is dinner." Pinkie Pie remarked happily, "Am I right or am I right?"

The Apple Family and even Caramel even weren't please with the dinner. They were expecting of something else. Applejack decided not to make a fuss about it.

"Yeah, um, you know what? This is what we were expectin'! Right, everypony?" Applejack asked.

"Seriously?" Caramel asked sarcastically. Applejack quickly kicked her boyfriend's knee. He yelped painfully before glared at her. She gave her glare back at him. He cleared his throat, "I mean... Yeah. It is. Can't wait to try..."

The Apple Family nodded and chatted in agreement as well. The Apple Family didn't want to make a fuss about it. Like Pinkie Pie said, 'dinner is dinner'...

So both family enjoyed their dinner. The Apple Family and Caramel struggled drinking the soup and eating rocks? But Pie Family, and even Saber Dragoon and Cheese Sandwich enjoyed it very well.

Marble Pie smiled while blushed as she was looking at Saber Dragoon drinking his soup. She shown her lovely eyes at him as her eyes zinged brightly. She sighed happily. As he glanced at her, she quickly drank her soup and eat her rock but it was empty. Saber smiled as he helped and poured some soup and rock on her bowl. It made Marble blushed in reddish while giggled yet muttered happily.

"Are you alright, Marble?" Saber asked in concern.

Marble yelped in concern. She quickly shook her head at once while have her reddish blush disappeared. She cleared her throat as she nodded, "Mm-hmm."

"Thank goodness. I thought you were sick or something."

"Mmm-hmm."

"Good to hear. Let's enjoy our dinner."

"Mm-hmm."

Cheese Sandwich sighed upon finishing his soup, "Now! That tastes great! More rock, please! Give some to my new best friend!"

"Wait?! What?! No! I think I'm-!" Caramel was interrupted as Maud helped and gave the soup to both him and Cheese Sandwich. He groaned in annoyance, "Great... More rocks... Why?!"

Applejack struggled in drinking her soup while muttered, "Sorry, Caramel."

"Eat up, so we can get to our Hearth's Warming dolls!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily as she was finishing her soup up.

Applejack smiled, "Now that's somethin' I know all about!"


Again, wrong...

At the Pie Mine, both family were using their axe picks on the rocks like they were sculpturing them. The Apple Family were once again disappointed and shocked about it.

"Are you sayin' that rock is a Hearth's Warmin' doll?" Applejack asked in concern.

"Don't be silly, silly!" Pinkie giggled happily. She pricked on the small rock in creating rock version of herself. She held it up, "Our dolls are these little pieces! Isn't that right, Marble Pie?"

"Mm-hmm," Marble Pie nodded. She continued sculpturing her 'doll' gently and slowly. She spotted Saber Dragoon sculpturing his own doll by using his martial arts. His was in perfect shape and form. She awed in amazement while blushed and smiled, "Mm-hmm..."

Caramel hummed in concern while glaring at his bad-shaped version, "This is ridiculous..."

"Aw, c'mon, buddy. Don't be like that," Cheese said happily as he continued pricking his rocks, "It's fun to sculpture! It's best, C!"

"Great..." Caramel muttered in annoyance.

Applejack stopped as she finished her saddened glob-like, "Uh... y'all don't have traditional crocheted dolls passed down in your family?"

"Aww, you're just a frown factory because you got a weird rock." Pinkie Pie remarked happily. Applejack annoyed by it. She continued, "Cheer up! I'm sure you'll do great in the flag finding mission!"

"The what findin' what now?"


At Rock Lawn, Pinkie Pie gave instruction about Pie's Tradition - 'flag finding mission' while choosing and forming the group.

"Limestone Pie, you're the judge! Saber Dragoon Big Mac, Marble Pie, you're team one! Apple Bloom and Maud, you're team two! Caramel and Cheesy, you're team three. Ma, Pa, you're gonna be with Granny Smith. Don't think of it as team old. Think of it as team four! And I'm with Applejack of course, since we might be cousins!"

"So now that we're all split up, mind tellin' us what we're doin'?" Applejack asked in concern.

Pinkie Pie smiled, "As everypony knows, when the three tribes united to form Equestria, the first flag was sewn by Nimble Thimble. It's tradition to raise a flag on Hearth's Warming to celebrate that famous day."

Ponies nodded and chatted in agreement about the history.

"But who gets to put the flag on Holder's Boulder?"

"You mean on the flagpole?"

"No, silly, it goes on the highest point! And who's the lucky pony?"

Applejack, unconvinced as she asked, "Traditionally, it's the youngest—"

Pinkie Pie interrupted, "On your marks, get set, go!"

Ponies separated and headed off with their own way. Saber Dragoon, Big McIntosh and Marble Pie headed to east since the youngest Pie blushed upon looking at the Western Dragon Prince as well as keeping him accompany. Caramel and Cheese Sandwich headed to northeast. Maud Pie and Apple Bloom headed to south. Igneous Rock, Cloudy Quartz and Granny Smith headed to north. Applejack and Pinkie Pie headed to west. Limestone Pie stayed behind with her Holder's Boulder.


At Western Mine, Pinkie Pie and Applejack were searching and looking around the giant pinkish crystal mine area.

"I still don't understand." Applejack said in concern.

"Earlier today, Limestone Pie hid an obsidian stone." Pinkie Pie explained, "Whoever finds it gets to raise the flag!"

"It's all just so... complicated, and... rock-based."

"Well, how else would we do it?"

Applejack hummed, "I don't know. I sure hope everypony else is havin' a better time."


"This is ridiculous!" Caramel exclaimed in annoyance. He groaned, "I know Pinkie Pie is random. But I'd never thought her family is. How can this be Hearth's Warming Eve tradition?!"

Cheese Sandwich and Caramel were searching around at the diamond mine.

Cheese Sandwich laughed happily, "Well, what do you expect? Didn't think that easy, didn't you?"

"Well... I always thought it's about following tradition. And we have to respect it. And you should know how sensitive Applejack can get."

"If you'd think she's worse, try Pie Family. They're more sensitive and upset if tradition is not followed."

"Really? What makes you think that?"

Cheese Sandwich chuckled uneasily, "Let's just say - I regret making that mess. They're really angry about it. Pain to my flank."

Caramel hummed in concern about it, "I definitely not want on their bad sides. From their looks especially Maud and Limestone, they're not always happy."

"Oh, they are. They're just shy to show it. After all, they're all stoned family."

Caramel chuckled a bit, "Yeah... I guess they are."


On Pie Family's Resident of East, Saber Dragoon and his two shy friends were searching and looking for the stone.

"I guess finding a rock won't be easy, right?" Saber Dragoon asked.

Marble Pie nodded as she was digging the ground, "Mm-hmm."

"Eeyup." Big McIntosh nodded as he was looking at the bushes.

Saber Dragoon hummed in concern. He approached Marble Pie as he helped her dug the dirt out of ground. She blushed a bit. They both continued digging the ground together. His hoof touched hers, she gasped before blushed happily. Upon looking at her cuteness face, Saber Dragoon blushed before cleared his throat a bit.

"Your hoof... is kinda soft. I like your mane - long and curvy?" Saber Dragoon commented. Marble Pie blushed even more reddish. He cleared his throat as he continued awkwardly and embarrassed, "I guess what I like the most about you is your face. It's cute and gentle... And it fits you well... I guess you'd think the same way for me?"

Marble smiled and blushed more as she gently nuzzled Saber's neck, "Mm-hmm. Cute. Handsome. Soft. Like. You."

"Eh... I'd take that as compliment?" Saber Dragoon asked in amusement.

Big McIntosh noticed it as he smiled, "Eeyup. She likes you."

"I guess I like her too..." Saber Dragoon admitted and blushed in red. And before any of them could do anything, Marble kissed on his lips. It makes him not only kissed her back, but also make his face more reddish. They both departed while looking at each other. They both smiled happily. He chuckled a bit, "Wow... That... Was... Sweet..."

Marble Pie smiled as she kissed Saber Dragoon's lips, "Mm-hmm..."

Saber Dragoon smiled as he kissed back, "Mm-hmm..."

Marble Pie and Saber Dragoon held and hugged each other tightly and passionately as they both kissed passionately and happily. Big McIntosh laughed happily a bit as he held the mistletoe above the newly couples.

Big McIntosh smiled happily of looking at the scene, "Eeeeeeeeeyup."


The parents and senior continued their search on northern part of Pie Family resident. It also housed thousands of rocks.

"So, how'd you meet this Iggy feller?" Granny Smith asked.

Cloudy Quartz explained, "We were chosen by the Pairing Stone and betrothed within a fortnight."

"The choosing stone decreed, 'Thou shalt love one another.' And lo, it was so." Igneous Rock added.

"Hoo-wee, I gots to look into this oldfangled choosin' stone thing." Granny Smith commented. She turned and looked at Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz, "You reckon it knows any apple-farmin' hunks?"

Both Pinkie Pie's parents blushed while looked at each other. They both nodded in admitting of loving each other much.


On Southern Mine, Apple Bloom and Maud Pie were searching for it as well. The youngest Apple was on top of rock while Maud Pie was searching and looking on the ground.

"What does the rock look like?" Apple Bloom asked.

"It looks like something that formed when volcanic lava cooled quickly." Maud Pie answered unemotionally. Apple Bloom looked surprise. She continued, "Have you ever wished you could turn into a rock?"

Apple Bloom answered, "I had a dream once I was an apple."

"We have a lot in common when it comes to thinking about turning into things." Maud Pie remarked.

Apple Bloom blushed of what Maud Pie had said. The eldest daughter of Pie actually complimented to the youngest one of the Apple. It makes Apple Bloom feel happy and appreciated.


Applejack and Pinkie Pie continued searching for the stone from western part. They found nothing until...

"Found it, found it, found it!" Pinkie Pie cried happily as she shown the picture of rock before Applejack.

"A picture? I've been lookin' for a real stone, Pinkie Pie!" Applejack asked in annoyance.

"Um, that would be weird. Do you know what this means? I get to raise the flag, and now it's time to hide the presents!"

"Y'all hide your presents?"

"Of course! What's more fun than getting a present? Finding a present! Although, most years, nopony finds one."

"So nopony gets presents?"

"Eh, not usually."

Applejack was in shock and disappointed as she asked, "So lemme get all this straight. You're only allowed to eat rock soup for dinner, then the pony who finds this rock gets to raise the flag, but not really 'cause you don't got no flagpole, and to top it off, you don't even get presents?!"

"Well, it doesn't sound very fun when you say it that way." Pinkie Pie admitted.

"Well, how 'bout you picture this? Both our families, openin' presents, raisin' the flag...?"

"Picturing it... Loving it...!"

Both Applejack and Pinkie Pie smiled happily as they actually liking some ideas. They turned and headed off at once.


Night time...

Everyone went to bed because tomorrow they're gonna find and get their presents. As soon as everyone asleep, Applejack got up from her bed. She was about to exit but stopped by Caramel.

"What are you doing?" Caramel asked in concern.

Applejack sighed in annoyance, "What does it looks like? We've gotta do somethin'! Pinkie Pie's family never had a real Hearth's Warmin'!"

"Seriously?"

"Well, I-I'm sure it's what she meant."

"Applejack, this is their tradition. We've gotta respect theirs. If you're doing something stupid, they're not gonna be happy. Besides, the others were okay with it especially Saber Dragoon and Marble Pie. They just became a couple that evening."

Applejack sighed, "I know they have their traditions and we have ours, but I just want them to see how much better theirs could be."

"Showing them is one thing, but doing something at last minute," Caramel gulped in concern, "I don't think they're gonna be very happy family especially Limestone. You know how furious and angry she can be if anything goes wrong with their home."

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. Come on. I need some help to do it."

Caramel sighed in annoyance as he followed Applejack exiting the guest room. He had the bad feeling about it...


As the sun rises upon the Pie Family's Rock Farm, Pinkie Pie got up at once as she cheered and cried happily - 'Hearth's Warming'! She woke almost everyone up. As she exited her home, she was in shocked and feared of what she was seeing. Her Pie Family too felt that as well. The Apple Family was in shock yet worried as well. And oh boy...

"What. Happened. To. My. Farm!" Limestone Pie demanded angrily.

The Pie Family's Rock Farm is filled with more decorated and beautiful Hearth's Warming theme, and even a flag poled was placed near to the Holder's Boulder. Everyone turned and looked at Applejack and nervous Caramel.

"Applejack, no!" Saber Dragoon exclaimed in fear and concern while holding Marble Pie close to him, "What have you done?!"

"It's Hearth's Warmin', Apple-style! We've been doin' everythin' your way, I thought we could mix it up a bit!" Applejack explained happily. She then pushed Marble Pie before the flag pole. She continued, "Marble Pie, you could raise the Equestria flag up this pole, because you're the youngest Pie! Ma and Pa Pie, we'll cook you up a meal you'll never forget! And look, we all get presents without havin' to find 'em!"

Upon looking at the presents neared to the fence, Apple Bloom charged and rushed towards them. Just before she could open them, Big McIntosh pulled her tail back by his mouth. The Apple Family looked worry and scared about it.

Pinkie Pie gulped fearfully, "...Yeah, this is gonna be great! All the stuff she's said. Right, everypony?"

"Pinkamena Diane Pie! Truly thou cannot favor this madness!" Igneous Rock exclaimed furiously.

"What about what we usually do?!" Limestone Pie demanded angrily.

"Well, I wanna be one big family! And I, um, well, I-I don't know!" Pinkie Pie cried and sobbed in despair and painfully, "Don't make me choose!"

Applejack was in shock and surprise. She was expecting happiness and cheerfulness from Pinkie's family, not disappointed and angry.

"I told you!" Caramel whispered in annoyance and concern.

Applejack sighed as she pushed Caramel aside and continued, "I didn't mean to cause a fuss... Why don't we just open presents around the flag pole? It'll be fun, you'll see!"

CRACK! The farmland shaken and quake very hard and quick as it spread across the land from the flag poled. It headed straight for Holder's Boulder. It make the giant rock fell and rolled over to the edge. It fell and fell and fell to the bottom.

Limestone Pie gasped as she screamed in anger and agony, "Nooooooooooooooo!"

The flag poled snapped in two. Its top part fell to the ground hard.

"Oh boy," Applejack remarked fearfully.

Minutes later, Pie Family were removing and threw all the decoration Applejack had 'misplaced' on their home into garbage. The Apple Family returned to the guest room And the worse thing is about to happen in breaking Pinkie Pie's heart...

"You didn't have to ask them to leave!" Pinkie Pie pleaded in concern.

"They wanted to go! We don't need anypony forcing their way into our family!" Limestone Pie exclaimed in anger.

"This was all a misunderstanding, everypony! I know Applejack, and she'd never do anything bad to anypony!"

"Look around, Pinkie Pie! It's gonna take me ages to get this rock farm back on track! And how are we gonna lift Holder's Boulder?! This is all her fault!"

Pinkie Pie sighed in shame as she walked away from her family, "Then it's my fault too..."

"That's very harsh, don't you think? Pinkie Pie and Applejack are cousins. Can't you all get along?" Cheese Sandwich asked in concern. The Pie Family but Marble Pie gave him a annoying glare. He yelped in concern, "Forget what I just asked."

He hissed as he turned away and muttered, "Party Popper. I hate doing this to my new best friend."

Saber Dragoon sighed in concern and upset as he shook his head. Marble Pie approached him. And before she could do anything, he hugged her in comfort.

"I'm sorry for the mess. I really am. But don't blame Applejack. She doesn't know it," Saber Dragoon explained. Marble Pie remained silent and surprised of it. He continued, "If Pinkie told her about her tradition, Applejack wouldn't have made this far. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult your sister. It must be hurtful?"

Marble Pie nodded, "Mm-hmm."

"I guess I should help those two to get comfort. After all, it's just big misunderstanding."

"Mm-hmm. Go. Saber."

Saber Dragoon nodded before giving her left cheek a kiss. Marble Pie blushed in red of surprise yet loved and appreciated. He headed off to find both Pinkie Pie and Applejack.


Within the guest room, Apple Family were packing their stuffs up since they were not welcomed to Pie Family's home anymore after the stunt Applejack had pulled.

"I'm sorry. I really am," Caramel apologized as he was put his stuffs into his bag, "If only I had convinced Applejack not to do this, none of this could have happened."

"Oh, it's not your fault, Caramel. You just want to help especially A.J." Granny Smith said gently. She sighed in upset, "Prob'ly best if we head back to Sweet Apple Acres. Maybe in time we'll be friends again, but for the now it's best if we give them a little space."

"I wish we didn't have to. I really like Maud. She's sweet once you get to know her. They all are." Apple Bloom commented. She sighed, "Worst Hearth's Warmin' ever."

"Eh, has anypony seen Applejack?" Caramel asked in concern.

Apple Family gasped in concern. They have forgotten about Applejack! What happen to her?!


At the familiar mine...

Applejack sniffled unhappily and despaired, "I really cracked the corn this time."

"I really popped the piñata this time." Pinkie Pie sniffled as she entered the mine. She stopped upon looking at familiar character in front of her. She gasped, "Applejack?"

Applejack gasped, "Pinkie Pie?"

"What are you doing here?" Applejack and Pinkie Pie asked simultaneously. They continued, "I came here to think! You did? So did I!"

Applejack sighed in shame "I'm too ashamed to go back up there. Your family, my family, they all must think I'm such a nincompoop."

"Aw, no one thinks that!" Pinkie Pie shook her head.

"I'm sorry I forced my traditions over yours. I don't want you to have to choose between the family you were born into and the friends who love you like one. I really hoped we could be one big happy family. I guess not."

"Don't say that!"

"None of you make the mistakes," The firm voice said calmly. Applejack and Pinkie Pie looked up as they found Saber Dragoon sitting on rock. He continued, "It's the stupid tradition. After all, no one doesn't know it but expected them to follow and obey it because of the rule. It's very stupid It's the reason why I hated Hearth's Warming a lot..."

"Seriously?" Applejack asked in concern.

Pinkie Pie sniffed, "Is this why you left your family for every Hearth's Warming because of tradition?"

"Yes. I make a lot of mistakes. I just wish someone could have told me about it, instead of expected to follow it," Saber Dragoon admitted, "If they did, the mess wouldn't have become serious..."

WHISTLED! Three ponies sighed in shame and upset. It's time for Applejack and her family to go home...

"I wish I could stay," Applejack said in upset, "but I have a train to catch."

"H-Ha... Happy Hearth's Warming." Pinkie Pie cried unhappily as she hugged Applejack.

Applejack cried as she hugged Pinkie Pie back, "You too."

Saber Dragoon sighed while shaking his head. It really shattered both of them's hearts a lot. Hurtful and pitiful...


On the train, Apple Family were on their way back home now. All of them were upset and disappointed after what has happen.

"You want to know why Holder's Boulder's so danged important?" Granny Smith asked. Applejack nodded. The old mare sighed as she explained, "Well, now their great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Holder Cobblestone – he found that boulder in a dragon's nest, older than time itself! He built the family farm around it, even though it was just an ordinary rock. It always brought them good luck."

"Aw, crickets! That is important!" Applejack exclaimed in shock, "I got so caught up in the things they were doin', I never asked why they did 'em!"

Something fell and dropped to the ground in front of Apple Family. Applejack glanced and read the tag of it - 'To Applejack, from Pinkie Pie. Cousins forever.'

Apple Bloom gasped, "You just found your first Pie Hearth's Warmin' present ever!"

Applejack laughed happily, "Only Pinkie Pie could hide a present on a movin' train." She stopped as she began to realize of why Pie's family is so special and important, "...What a great tradition."


At Pie's Rock Farm, the Pie Family, Cheese Sandwich, Saber Dragoon struggled in pushing the Holder's Boulder back to up on its peek. It's too heavy and not even Saber Dragoon could push it back up.

"Rrrgh, it's hopeless!" Limestone Pie exclaimed in annoyance. She turned to Saber Dragoon, "Can't you use your Mystic Magic to move it up?!"

Saber Dragoon grunted, "I maybe Mystic Pony, but that doesn't mean I'm the strongest. And I'm capable of using Wind Ability. And I doubt it would work on boulder! Damn it! I wish Lax was here to help!"

Pie Family stopped for the moment to rest as well as thinking of how to move boulder back to its peek of mountain edge.

"Need a little help?"

Pinkie Pie gasped as she turned and found familiar group. She screamed happily, "Apples!"

Limestone Pie groaned angrily, "What do you want?!"

Applejack took her hat down and bowed, "I wasn't tryin' to take your traditions away, I was tryin' to share ours. I was so focused on us bein' one big happy family, I thought we needed the same traditions right away. What I should've done was learn about yours and teach you about ours. And over time, we'd make new traditions together. I'm sorry, y'all."

Touched by Applejack's apology and realization, Pie Family turned and looked at Limestone Pie since they're willing to forgive Applejack for the mess she made. Limestone Pie also had hard time to forgive ponies as well. She thought for the moment before giving the smirk.

"Well, don't just stand there! We got a boulder to move!"

Apple Family smiled happily as they joined with Pie Family in pushing the boulder together all the way up to the mountain's edge.

"I think we've just invented our first combined tradition! Pushing Holder's Boulder out of the quarry!" Pinkie Pie squealed happily, "I can't wait for Applejack to knock it over next Hearth's Warming!"

"No way!" Saber Dragoon, Caramel and Cheese Sandwich exclaimed in denying.

But nevertheless, everyone laughed happily yet enjoyable of Pinkie Pie's joke. It was memorable and meaningful tradition they ever had...


At Pie Family's Home, everything change and become something different than before. Both family decided to combined their tradition together as one.

Both Applejack and Pinkie helped and placed all of their family's dolls on the shelf. Both Caramel and Cheese Sandwich were playing with their music instruments - banjo and accordion in Hearth's Warming theme song. Apple Bloom, Maud Pie and even Limestone Pie enjoyed eating their sweet buns, and even for Maud's little Boulder. Saber Dragoon, Marble Pie and Big McIntosh have their own chats with each other.

"I'm guessing we all want to wish each other a happy Hearth's Warming?" Saber Dragoon asked in amusement.

Marble Pie nodded, "Mm-hmm!"

"Eeyup." Big McIntosh nodded in agreement. He then held the mistletoe a top of Saber Dragoon and Marble Pie, "Mistletoe!"

Both Saber Dragoon and Marble Pie blushed in reddish, not only embarrassment but love and joy. They both laughed happily as they leaned and kissed each other's lips happily and passionately.

Granny Smith, Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz learned each other's languages.

"Eh, lemme see here, uh..." Granny Smith said happily as she tried Pie's Traditional Language, "If thou ask-eth me, uh, thou two art, eh, okay-eth in my book."

Igneous Rock smiled as he tried Apple Traditional Language, "Yee-haw."

Both Cloudy Quartz and Granny Smith clapped their hooves in approval.

Applejack opened her present - turned out to be a giant boulder. Pinkie Pie approached as she greeted her cousin.

"Happy Hearth's Warming!"

Applejack smiled, "Happy Hearth's Warmin' too, Pinkie Pie."

KNOCK! Everyone looked surprise and shock. Who could that be?

Limestone Pie opened and found a group of strangers, "Who are you? How did you know this place?"

Pinkie came as she gasped in surprise and shock, "Lord Virtue! Prince Kindy! You're here!"

Virtue Dragon and Kindy weren't the only ponies were here. Blade Dragoon, Warpath Temper and their children - Rogue, Terrastrikean armored darker greenish Pegasus with a brown short mane and tail tied with sash, and Jasmine Jade Cherry a young mare with long black mare and tail with two flower bun-pin on both sides dressed in her greenish Chinese Cheong Sam, Sparkle Shield and Heavy came as well. Skysoar and Dragonspear were there as well.

"Dad? Everyone?" Saber Dragoon asked in surprise and shock. He continued, "What are you doing here? And how did you know I'm here?"

"It's the only place you go during Hearth's Warming, son. I noticed it a lot," Virtue Dragon explained calmly. He cleared his throat, "But that's not important. We're here because we want to celebrate our Hearth's Warming together."

"Yeah. It wouldn't be much fun without you!" Warpath Temper exclaimed happily.

"Wait? You all were waiting for me?" Saber Dragoon asked in surprise, "I thought it was just for royalty, blood-related and sworn brotherhood only. So, I wasn't included."

Blade Dragoon chuckled in amusement, "My dear boy, that is the past, this is present. After what you have done before and for our home, we decide to include you in our group for Hearth's Warming."

"Really?" Saber Dragoon asked in surprise.

Kindy nodded, "Yes. We are the family."

"So may we?" Virtue Dragon asked calmly, "I did adopt you because you were like me. We have no family but these ponies are."

Saber Dragoon thought for the moment before smiled happily, "Why not? Come on in! It's time for Hearth's Warming!"

Warpath Temper chuckled in amusement, "Who wants Apple Cider?! They're way better than my wines!"

"Do not forget about Winter Sweet Dumpling!" Blade Dragoon added.

Pinkie Pie yelped in disgust, "Eew! Not that food again! They're not sweet!" Everyone glared at her for disrespectful. She chuckled uneasily, "No offense. Just eat them if you like it..."

Everyone laughed and cheered wildly and happily. Saber Dragoon's family entered the scene.

Virtue Dragon chatted happily with Granny Smith and Pinkie's Parents about the tradition. Saber Dragoon told Rogue and Sparkle Shield about his new girlfriend - Marble Pie who is still shy in meeting them. Big McIntosh was challenging with Terrastrike for hoof wrestling, same goes for Limestone Pie and Heavy. Warpath, Blade Dragoon, Skysoar and Dragonspear enjoyed their Apple Cider drinks. Maud Pie, Apple Bloom, Kindy and Jasmine chatted with each other about Hearth's Warming while eating Ma's Winter Sweet Dumplings. Applejack, Caramel, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich sang their Hearth's Warming song for everyone to listen.

Happy Hearth's Warming...

END...

Review and Suggest...

Main Casts:
Ashleigh Ball: Applejack
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Cloudy Quartz
Will Friedle: Saber Dragoon
Ingrid Nilson: Maud Pie, Limestone Pie, Marble Pie

Minor Casts:
David Kaye: Caramel
"Weird Al" Yankovic: Cheese Sandwich
Tabitha St. Germain: Granny Smith
Michelle Creber: Apple Bloom
Peter New: Big McIntosh, Igneous Rock

Cameo:
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Matt Lanter: Shadow Dragon
Kira Tozer: Nyx
Cathy Weseluck: Spike
Jess McCartney: Lance Justicestrike
Dave B. Mitchell: Virtue Dragon, Blade Dragoon
Steve Kramer: Warpath Temper
Steve Staley: Kindy Dragon

Author's Note:

1. I know what you think. 'Why didn't you ship Big Mac and Marble Pie?! They're perfect!' I know but I'd preferred Big Mac and Cheerilee shipping. They're good. So, I chose Saber Dragoon and Marble Pie shipping. He deserve girlfriend since his break-up with Aria Blaze of what she did for thousand years ago.

2. And yes, other than Christmas; Chinese have traditional Winter Holiday as well. Dongzhi Festival or Chinese's Winter Festival - eat the sweet dumplings for good luck and energy for the next or new year.

3. This is just the show, and it doesn't need to follow the timeline. Got it?