• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 7,054 Views, 125 Comments

Seeing Double - flawlessvictory20

  • ...
24
 125
 7,054

Just To See Her Smile (Bubble Berry x Twilight Sparkle)

As the weeks went on, Twilight and company have been getting more and more frustrated that they haven’t been able to produce a working portal back to Dusk’s world. With each failed attempt, she felt her annoyance and frustration build to the point it began to sour her mood. Concerned, Spike enlisted the help of both Berry and Pinkie Pie to help his friend. The two party ponies eagerly accepted the mission, and soon Pinkie had come up with a plan to accomplish their goal.

One day, they set out to initiate “Operation: Smile.” While on their way to the Friendship Palace, the two hid behind some bushes to discuss the details of the plan.

“…And that’s when will come out to surprise her,” Pinkie explained, dressed in a yellow crewneck shirt and blue pants. “I’m sure that it’ll get a smile on her face.”

“Right! This’ll be super-duper extramazing fun!” he shouted, dressed in a mauve short-sleeved shirt with white sleeves and dark blue pants.

“I know right,” she grinned, but then put on a serious face. “But we have make the timing perfect or everything will be ruined. You up to the task?”

He stood up straight and gave a salute.

“I was born ready, ma’am!”

“Okay, there's our target,” she whispered.

They both looked over the bushes to see Twilight and Barb were on their way to go shopping.

“Our mission is to make Twilight smile!” she softly spoke.

“With your plan, that shouldn't take long. This’ll be a piece of cake,” Berry confidently spoke, before he started to lick his lips. “Mmmm....cake~”

Pinkie soon joined in with a confectionary daydream.

“I know… A delicious lemon cake with the creamy-” she started, but then quickly shook her head. “No! Berry focus! Spike’s counting on us.”

“You’re right. Sorry Pinkie,” he sheepishly grinned.

“You got the funny masks?” she asked.

“Absitively posolutely, pinkster,” he said as he pulled out some funny joke masks from his mane.

They both put on their masks.

“How do I look?” he asked.

“Super silly!” she replied with an approving grin. “On three, we jump out and surprise her!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Pinkie waited until she heard them in front of the bush.

“Ready! 1…2…3!” Pinkie shouted.

The two jumped out with a loud pop of the party cannon. As they were doing silly dances they made their way toward Twilight.

GAH!” screamed Twilight, as she blasted both of them out of frightened instinct.

As the blast impacted, the two ponies fell to the ground with a thud.

“Ouchie....” groaned Pinkie.

“Who are you?! And why did you try to scare me like that?!” she demanded.

Pinkie slowly pulled off her mask, trying her best to focus her vision.

“What the-?! Pinkie, it was you?” Twilight asked incredulously.

“Yeah...”

“Then who’s that?”

Berry slowly removed his mask as well.

“Is it over? Did I make her smile?” asked the staggered stallion.

“Berry? What’s going on here?!”

“We were trying to make you smile,” admitted Pinkie.

“Huh? Why?”

“Spike... sent us... He wanted us to make you smile since you’ve been a grump lately,” explained Berry.

Twilight merely rolled her eyes.

“Err...Spike. Thanks but I’m fine. I’ve just been stressed about getting you guys back home,” Twilight replied with a frustrated sigh.

The two party ponies shook off their dizziness and turned their attention to Twilight.

“Our mission to make you smile. So, we’re not leaving until you do!” spoke Berry with conviction.

In an attempt to end their campaign, Twilight gave a half-hearted smile.

“There mission accomplished,” she said.

This was met furrowed brows.

“That’s not a real smile, Twilight,” replied an upset Pinkie Pie, with her arms crossed.

“We know smiles, and that was one of the fakest smiles I’ve ever seen!” spoke a maddened Berry.

With an annoyed groan, Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Look you two, I’m busy right now. I have to go and gather the ingredients for a spell. I don’t have time for this.”

Before they could respond, she teleported both herself and Barb to the market.

“Hmm...it’s worse than we thought,” Pinkie reasoned.

“Yeah, she’s has the grumpies pretty bad,” Berry agreed.

Pinkie turned to Berry with a serious expression.

“I didn’t think it would come to this…but it’s up to you Berry. We must enact…Plan ‘B’!”

“Plan ‘B’? You really think it’s come to that?” he asked in disbelief.

“I’m afraid so. Do you accept this mission?”

He saluted her.

“I won’t let you down! I shall make her smile even if it takes me 100 years!” he declared.

“I’m counting on ya!” she stated, as she gave him a high-five.

“And I already know how I’m gonna do it,” he smiled with a mischievous gleam in his eyes.


Later that day, back at the castle, Twilight and Dusk were busy working on making a working portal. As they were in the middle of casting the spell it seemed to be close.

“Just a bit more…” strained Twilight.

“Almost there, we need to get this spell just right and–” started Dusk.

Berry randomly appeared behind the two alicorns.

HEY DUSK! HEY, TWILIGHT!” he shouted.

GAH!” shrieked Twilight.

With the brief lapse in concentration, the portal then imploded and dispersed. Angered, the two turned to him with a look of great annoyance.

BERRY!” they seethed with gritted teeth.

“Yes~” he replied with a carefree smile.

“What are you doing here?!” Twilight asked a bit angered.

“Silly, I’m here to make you smile~,” he answered with a hug then slowly nuzzled her cheek.

Doing her best to contain her rage, she used her magic to peel him off of her being.

“Berry, I’m not in the mood for this. We're trying to figure out how to get you guys home,” she explained.

“I know, and I thank you for your hard work. Just one little smile then I’ll leave,” he beamed.

With her annoyance now at its peak, she glared at him with an illuminated horn.

“Leave...now...” she warned.

“But–” he attempted to counter.

With burning eyes, the aura around her horn fluctuated rapidly. Berry let out an audible gulp.

“I’ll leave now,” he sheepishly grinned, before he zoomed out.

As he left, Twilight let out a frustrated sigh.

“Geez, why is he trying so hard?”

As she turned back around, Berry was hanging upside down in front of her.

GAH!” she screamed as she fell backward.

“Sorry, but I almost forgot to give you this,” he said, as he handed her an invitation. “Bye~.”

He vanished before she could respond.

“Huh? What’s this?” she asked.

She opened the envelope and read it.

You are invited to a special party at Sugarcube Corner at 8:00 pm.

– Love,
Berry~
P.S. Don’t forget a bring a smile n_n

“Why me?” groaned Twilight.

“You might as well get it over with. The sooner you humor him, the sooner we can get back to work,” noted Dusk Shine.

“You got a point there,” she conceded. “Oh and Spike?”

He slowly peeked on from behind Dusk Shine.

“Yes...Twilight?” he hesitantly spoke.

She went over to him and gave him what would best be described as the face of death and rage.

“I’ll deal with you later,” she darkly spoke.

Spike’s face turned completely white as he fainted at her words.

“Wow...he fainted...” spoke Starlight Glimmer.

“Wouldn’t you? That look would turn any stallion into a crying filly,” commented Dusk.

“Remind me to never make her mad at me,” said Barb, as she tended to Spike.

“We’ll pick this up later, Dusk. I have to get ready for this party,” Twilight said, as she shook her head and tried to mentally prepare herself for what laid ahead.

“Have fun,” he chuckled.

With a roll of her eyes, she left the lab and headed to her room to get ready.

“I don’t think she’ll be coming home later,” noted Dusk Shine.

“Nope...” Barb agreed.


Later that night, Twilight arrived at Sugarcube Corner. She wore a light blue tube top shirt with a white jacket, dark blue skirt, midnight blue stockings, and a sky blue choker. With a heavy sigh, she reached to open the door. As it did, she was greeted with a confetti shower and balloons flying out as Berry came out to meet her with a smile. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a red bow tie and black top hat.

“You finally made it Twilight!” he grinned.

“Didn’t have much of a choice,” she sheepishly grinned. “So, who else is coming?”

“No else, it’s just us the two of us.”

Twilight blushed at the realization of it just being the two of them.

“Oh? So...is this a date?” she asked.

“No silly filly, not like a date,” he said, as he pulled her inside. “This is a ‘Smile Party’!”

She looked at him with a confused expression.

“A what?” she deadpanned.

“A ‘Smile Party’. It’s party where we try and make each other laugh. It can even go all night if we want.”

“Berry, for the last time I’m-”

Before she could finish her thought, she’s pulled into the center of the room and she’s set onto a chair. In front of her was a moderate sized stage with a large curtain to hide the props and costumes Berry would be using tonight. Berry then zoomed around the room and placed a party hat on her. Next, he gave a balloon and placed party whistle in her mouth.

“Ready for the entertainment?” he grinned.

She knew it was a rhetorical question as he quickly moved behind the curtain to change. As this was going on Twilight let out a bemused groan.

“What am I doing here?” she facepalmed.

After a few second, Berry came out dress as a pirate with his face painted like a clown.

“How’s everypony doin’ tonight? Having fun~?” he asked, as he honked his red nose.

“Not really,” she replied with little enthusiasm.

“Not even a smile?”

She shook her head in reply.

“Well then, prepared to laugh at the infamous ‘Berry, the Pirate Clown’,” he smiled.

“The who in the what now?”

“Me...‘Berry, the Pirate Clown’.”

He drew his balloon sword and pointed it into the air. Water then squirted out of the tip of it. Twilight could only shake her head in response at the lengths he was going to get her to smile.

“You and Pinkie really are two peas in a pod.”

“You’re telling me. So, what kind of activities do you want to see next?”

“Surprise me~” she winked.

With a newfound vigor, he zoomed back behind the curtain. As she heard her him rummaging through his props, she knew he had something special in store.

“This should be good.”

He came out with a rubber chicken, a plank, and a makeshift cannon.

“Arrgh!” he shouted. “There be a scallywag who be without a smile! What you say ye me hearties! Shall we put a smile on her face!”

The rubber chicken slumped to the floor and let out a loud squeak.

“Yarr! Let’s get this started then!”

He pointed the cannon at her, to which she let out an audible ‘Eep’. He then pushed the button on the cannon to fire a large banana cream pie in her face. As she wiped away the cream from her face, she let small chuckle.

Yes it’s working!’ he cheered.

He placed the rubber chicken near the button of the cannon.

“Now me hearties! It’s time for the final touch!”

He climbed into the cannon. The movement inside the cannon caused the rubber chicken to fall on the button. Berry is sent bouncing around the room before he landed in a huge cake. He popped out of it with a silly smile. No longer able to hold back, Twilight reached her breaking point and erupted with laughter.

“So, I take it I made ya smile?” he asked hopefully.

“Okay...Okay...you win,” she conceded.

She looked to him and gave him a sincere smile.

“Yes! Mission complete!” he cheered.

He looked around the shop. He saw the frosting that splattered on the walls after his cake dive.

“Oh boy, I made such a mess,” he laughed.

“I’ll help you clean up,” she said, preparing to use a spell.

Berry pulled a string on the back of the cannon that caused a great suction that sucked up the mess. No longer surprised with his ability to defy logic, Twilight turned to him a bit curious.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure Twilight,” he smiled, as he made his way over to his chest.

She watched as he rummaged through the chest to find a simple white shirt and brown pants. He removed his messy outfit and tossed it into the laundry basket. He then slowly got dressed, spacing the fact that there was a mare in the room. With a faint blush, Twilight looked away from the stallion before her.

“I have to know. Why go through this effort to get me to smile?” she queried.

As he finished getting dressed, he turned to her with a toothy grin.

“Heh, that’s ‘cause I like you, Twilight,” he admitted.

His blunt confession caught her off guard.

“Wait...what?” she blushed.

“Yeah, I like to see your smile.”

She let out a deflated sigh.

“Oh, you mean ‘like’ as in how Pinkie likes to see everypony happy.”

To her surprise, he merely laughed and shook his head. As he made his way over to her, Twilight felt her heart skip a beat. When he reached, he lifted her chin she could gaze into his eyes.

“I meant I like you as in you’re a special somepony I want to be with," he explained.

“Really? But why me?”

“Why not you? I’ve liked you ever since the first day we came here.”

This got a deepened blush from the purple mare.

“R-Really?”

He nodded in reply.

“Oh...I see... I...um...” Twilight stammered.

She saw his face turn to a saddened frown.

“Do you not... like me?” he asked.

“Well...I do. I’m just caught off guard,” she stated. “No one’s ever showed interest in me before. So, this is new territory for me.”

“Oh...I see...”

“Umm...what is it about me that you like?”

“Well...not only are you the smartest mare I know, you’ve got a caring heart, the patience to deal with me and Pinkie, plus I couldn’t help but fall for you when I first saw that beautiful smile of yours.”

Her eyes lit up when she heard ‘beautiful smile’.

“You really think I have a beautiful smile?”

“Mhm~”

“I see...”

She stared into his eyes to see the validity of his confession. She saw nothing but the love that he had for her. She soon was lost in his sky blue eyes.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” he asked.

“It’s not that. Your eyes are really beautiful,” she confessed.

“Is that so~?”

“Mhm...”

She felt his hand rest on the small of her back and pulled her closer to his chest.

“Say Twily...would you mind...if...I....well...”

“If you kissed me?”

This time it was his turn to blush.

“Umm...I was going to ask...if you wanted to go on a date. But I like your idea better,” he replied with a lidded gaze.

Twilight felt her face heat up from embarrassment.

“Oh...well a date would be nice,” she uttered. “I know this great restaurant we could-”

Before she could finish, she felt herself being pulled into a kiss. As their lips made contact, her eyes widened in surprise. After a few seconds, she felt her stiff body loosen as she surrendered to the kiss. He held her close to him, as they share their tender moment. Though it was a tender kiss, it soon turned to a passionate one as she glided her tongue along his lips to silently asked for entry. When granted, her tongue venture into his mouth and explored every inch of it.

Not one to stay on the defensive, Berry pushed their oral battle into her mouth. Her moans vibrated in his mouth as he serviced every nook and crevice of her mouth. After they broke the kiss for some much need air, she leaned on his and then nuzzled his chest.

“That was amazing. You’re a natural at kissing,” she complimented.

“You weren’t too bad yourself, Twily,” he stated. “What do you want to do now?”

She rested her head under his chin.

“Can we stay like this for a little longer~?” she requested.

“Of course we can, Twily,” he spoke, as he gently stroked her mane.

She melted into his touch, but then let out a worrisome sigh.

“Is it right for me to be with you? You and the others belong to another world. Someday you’ll have to leave.”

“That doesn’t matter, Twilight. Who knows if you and Dusk will ever be able to get us home. Maybe you will maybe you won’t, but that won’t change the fact that I want to be with you.”

“You really do?” she asked with tears in her eyes.

“Yes, if you’ll have me~”

With a smile, she playfully tackled him. While she was atop of him she leaned down and gave another affectionate kiss. While lost in their tender moment, they heard somepony coming down the stairs.

“Hey, Berry. How’d it go? Did you get her to-”

Her thoughts were interrupted when she witnessed the two of them locked in a deep kiss.

“Oh~ I guess you did,” smiled Pinkie.

As Twilight’s face reddened, Berry gave her a thumbs up.

“Mission accomplished, ma’am,” he saluted.

“Well done soldier. I’ll leave you two alone,” she said, as she hopped back upstairs.

When Pinkie was out of sight, a reddened Twilight turned to her new coltfriend.

“So...where are you gonna take me for our first date?” she asked.

“Anywhere you want, Twily,” he responded.

“Anywhere huh?” she pondered tapping her chin before she gave a winking smile. “Surprise me~”