• Published 16th Aug 2016
  • 7,054 Views, 125 Comments

Seeing Double - flawlessvictory20

  • ...
24
 125
 7,054

Settling In

Sometime later, at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack and Jack had made their way up the house. Big Mac was coming back from the South Field. He wore a plain white sleeveless V-neck shirt and blue jeans. He turned and saw Applejack walking up with an unknown stallion.

“Hey, AJ,” he spoke before he gave Jack a piercing glare. “...Who’s this?”
“Big Mac, this is Jack. Jack this is mah brother Big Macintosh,” she said.
“Pleasure ta meet ya!” Jack smiled, as he offered his hand.

Big Mac accepted the gesture. As they shook each other’s hand, Big Mac noticed he was just as strong as him. He gave him a stoic grin.

“Nice grip there, pardner.”
“Same to you,” grinned Jack.
“So, who is this feller?”
“He’s me from a different reality,” explained Applejack.

This was met with a blank stare from her brother.

“Huh?” uttered Big Mac.
“Lemme explain…”

She went through the series of events that recently took place.

“…and so Ah invited him ta stay with us,” she finished.

Big Mac looked at his sister then to Jack then back to her again.

“Y’all are serious…” he stated.
“Ah know it’s hard to believe, but you know our element. We wouldn't make something like this,” noted Jack.
“Ya got a point there. Well, on behalf of the Apple Family Ah welcome ya. But be warned we work hard around here.”
“I wouldn’t expect nothing less from an Apple…”

Big Mac gave him his trademark stoic grin.

“Ah like yer attitude, Jack. Y’all do fine around here,” chuckled Big Mac.
“Come on, Jack. Let’s get you set up,” said Applejack, with a pat on his back.

The two then headed inside. As Jack looked enter and took in the interior (the couch placement, the décor, the smell of a home-cooked meal) couldn’t believe how much it looked like home.

“Amazing, it’s like Ah’m back home!” he professed.
“Well we ain’t same, just with different parts?” laughed Applejack.
“True, Ah guess Ah shouldn’t be too surprised that yer home is almost identical ta mine.”
“How so?”
“Well, fer instance y’all couch is a brownish color, where mine’s more of a tan color. The kitchen is slightly smaller than ours. Also, y’all even have the hat and bow closet.”
“Ah guess that’s true.”

They both the plop onto the couch. As Applejack leaned back to stretch, Jack spoke up.

“So uh...about the one mare...uh Rarity Ah think it was? She seems nice.”
“She is…but can be a bit needy at times.”
“You don’t say. Maybe if she met the right stallion…”

Applejack then gave him a knowing smirk.

“Y’all fancy her?”

His cheeks flushed with a honey glow.

“Guess ya caught me. Ah might fancy her a bit.”
“Swingin’ fer the fences Ah see.”

He grinned as he rubbed the back of his head.

“What about you? Dontcha have a pony that you fancy?”

Applejack contemplated for a moment.

“Hmm…nah. Got no pony in mind.”
“Really? Well, that’s a shame.”
“It’s not that big a deal.”
“But even us farm ponies need a special somepony in our lives.”
“Well Ah don’t!”
“That’s too bad. Ah know fer a fact Blitz loves farm mares. He’s always hitting on mah older sis Red Gala.”

He gave her a sideways glance to see her lightly blushing with a small smile.

He does huh?’ she thought.

She looked at Jack and saw the cheeky smile plastered on his face, which made her turn away in a huff.

“Like Ah care!” she said, as she walked past him.
He chuckled to himself.
“Just like Red Gala…” he whispered.
“What was that?”
“Nothin’ darlin’.”
“Well hurry up! Supper’s gonna get cold…”
She made her way to the dining room.
“Yes, ma’am!”
With that, he followed right behind her.


Meanwhile, after a series of puppy dog eyes and an impressive musical number, Pinkie got the Cakes to agree to let Berry stay at Sugarcube Corner and hired him as a worker.

“And here’s your room Berry,” smiled Pinkie.

As they stood outside of the door of the guest room, Berry eagerly waited to see what was inside. To his disappointment, he looked inside and saw it was a rather dull look room (bed in the corner by the window, dresser and throw rug in the middle of the room).

“Hmm...it’s missing something…” he said, as he stroked his chin.
“Really? What?”

In a flash, he disappeared then reappeared with Pinkie’s party cannon. He pulled the string and filled the room with confetti, balloons, and various party favors.

“Much better!” he grinned, as he plopped onto the bed.
“Make yourself at home, Berry!”
“Thanks, Pinks.”
“Just holler if ya need anything.”
“Sure thing...”

With her carefree smile, she turned to leave but is stopped by Berry’s voice.

“Do you think your friend, uh Twilight I think it was, can get us home?” he asked.

Pinkie turned to him with a puffed up her chest of pride.

“If anypony can it’s Twilight! She’s super duper smart!” she energetically responded.
“You think so,” he queried.

She merely nodded.

“I guess I’ll take your word for it. After all, cute mares like her are always reliable.”

Pinkie noticed the look on his face and gave him a teasing nudge.

“Somepony likes Twily, huh?” she teased.
“Yeah…a little. I’ve never seen a female alicorn before, and her beauty caught me off guard,” he admitted.
“I know what you mean…”
“What do you mean?”

She blushed but quickly waved off her statement.

“It’s nothing…forget I said anything.”

He leaned toward her with a perceptive smirk.

“This wouldn’t have anything to do with Elusive…would it~?”

This caused her eyes to widen in surprise.

“How’d you know?”
“Berry sense!”
“Oh…”
“Plus, I noticed the way you intentionally swayed your hips when you knew he was looking.”

“Hehe…I thought it was subtle enough not to be noticed…”
“Not to this pony.”
“Guess we’re two peas in a pod.”
“Eeyup! A pair of party planning ponies.”
“Ooh! We can call ourselves ‘The Party Twins’!”
“Party Twins? I like it!”
“All right! Now let's get some sleep. We have a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party to plan tomorrow!”
“A party?!”
“And who knows, you might get some alone time with Twilight~.”

This got him to grin from ear to her. He then nudged Pinkie.

“And you with Elusive~.”

Pinkie let out a small giggle.

“Now, I’m super pumped! I don’t think I can go to sleep now,” said Berry.
“I know right! We should head to the party cave and plan out the party now!”
“Yeah! We’re gonna make it the most amazeawesome party anypony has ever known!”
“You know it, my party twin!”

The two headed up to Pinkie’s room and to the party cave to begin preparations for the legendary party that will soon be thrown.


As the sun finally set on the horizon, on the outskirts of town, Fluttershy and Butterscotch had just made their way to her cottage.

“Here we are. Home sweet home,” Fluttershy smiled, as she opened the door. “Please make yourself at home, Butterscotch.”
“T-Thank you much, Fluttershy. I hope I'm not a burden on you. What with all the animals you care for,”
“Why not at all. I’m happy to have an extra pair of hands to help out around here.”
“I’m more than glad to help. I think of them as my dear children.”

Fluttershy’s wings fluttered as she let out a joyous squeal.

“That’s exactly how I feel too!”
“Well, I guess we’re kindred spirits.”
With a nod, turned to a group of animals huddled around the couch.
“Everybody! This my new friend Butterscotch. Come say hello~.”

They turned to look at him with curious expressions on their faces. As they cautiously made their way to him, the oddly felt the same feeling of comfort with him that they had with Fluttershy. With sniffle of his scent, the animals playfully tackle him.

“Aw...they like you,” spoke Fluttershy.
“I see…stop it tickles…” he chuckled.

It warmed her heart to see the animal was so accepting of him. It was then a thought raced through her mind.

“Hey…Butterscotch…”
“Yeah?”
“Your friend…the alicorn...uh Dusk Shine...do you think he can help Twilight?”
“I know he’s the only one who can do it.”
“Oh...so he’s reliable?”
“Mhm, second only to Jack.”
“I see...”
“Why do you ask?”

She blushed and gave a cheerful grin.

“No reason…”
“If you say so…”

The two went to tend to the animal. As they did, Fluttershy noticed that he looked like he wanted to ask her something but was hesitant to do so.

“Is there something wrong, Butters?” she asked.
“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing…” he answered.
“You sure?”

He merely nodded and quickly looked away. He felt the gentle hand of Fluttershy on his shoulder.

“You know I can tell when you’re hiding something. Now, what’s wrong?” she spoke with concern.

He hides behind his bang and mumbled something.
“I’m sorry?”

He mumbled again.

“One more time…”

He looked at her.

“That rainbow mare...she winked at me when left,” he finally spoke.
“Rainbow mare? Oh, you mean Rainbow Dash,” she replied. “It didn’t even notice that she did.”
“It caught me off guard.”

Fluttershy let out a small chuckle.

“She’s a good mare, just a little forward when it comes to stallions.”
“I kinda guess.”
“I think that means she might like you~.”
“M-Me! But why?”
“A mare’s heart is a strange thing. In any case, we can discuss it later. Right now, let's get you settled in.”
“Of course, thanks again. I do appreciate it.”
“My pleasure.”

As the two headed for the guest room, a small smile appeared on his face.
She like me huh…


Meanwhile, at Carousel Boutique, Elusive and Rarity had just finished a two-hour brainstorming session for clothing designs for him and his friends. With an accomplished feeling, the two decided to retire for the evening.

“I must say it’s simply marvelous to have another pony to bounce off my creative ideas,” gleamed Rarity.

“Indeed my dear. Why tomorrow we will bring a fashion revolution to Ponyville and then to all of Equestria!” he proclaimed.

“Oh~ I love your enthusiasm darling~.”
“Hard not to be, when in the presence of such a lovely fashionista~.”
“Ever the flatterer, eh Elusive?”
“It’s a gift.”

This got a small chuckle out of the two of them.

“Come...let me show you to your room,” spoke Rarity.

The two headed upstairs. As they ascended, Elusive noticed the subtle swaying of her hips with each step.

“Hmm…very nice…” he grinned.

When she noticed that he got rather quiet, she turned to look back at him.

“Is something wrong?” she spoke before noticed the grin on his face. She then returned the grin. “Or are you just enjoying the view~.”
“My apologies for my forwardness madame,” he stated with a bow.
“It’s quite all right, darling. I’ve done it once today too,” she sheepishly grinned.
“Huh?”
“Oh, nothing darling~.”

With a coy smile from the stallion, the two proceeded to the guest room. Upon arrival, he saw the interior was simple, yet stylish. It had a king size bed with silk sheets, a small vanity, and a seemingly large closet.

“Here we are my good stallion,” smiled Rarity.
“Many thanks, my dear,” he bowed.
“You’re quite welcome~.”

As he made his way inside, he sat on the bed and took in the décor. Rarity walked up and sat beside him.

“Can I ask you something?” she began.
“Of course, my dear.”
“About that farm stallion friend of yours. Do you know what his taste in mares is?”

He leaned to her with a cheeky grin.

“Is somepony smitten~?” he teased.
“I might fancy him a bit,” she blushed. “So, what’s his type?”
“Hmm…if their anything alike, I’d say the same as your farm mare.”
“I see… Hmm…”
“Was there anything else my dear?”
“No...have a good evening.”

She gets up to leave. As she reached the door, she heard him clear his throat.

“Speaking of ponies of interest. That pink party mare…”
“What about her?”
“Is she single?”
“Oh-ho~!Does a certain stallion like a certain party pony?”
“You could say that…”

“Please, darling. I know my flank wasn’t the only one you were staring at today~.”
“Y-You noticed?”
“Of course, as a seamstress, I have a keen eye for detail.”
“I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that you’re the only one to notice.”

“Anyways, sure she’d curry your favor if you just approach as the gentleman I know you are.”
“Same goes for you, my dear. I’m sure Jack will fall for your feminine charms.”

With a blushed smile, she headed out the door.

“Have a good night, darling.”
“Rest well, my dear.”


At Dash’s home, the two speedsters just reached her doorstep.
“Here we are,” she spoke.

As they entered in, Blitz took in the familiar décor in her home.

“Not bad. Your place looks good,” he noted.
“Thanks, go on and make yourself at home.”

As he headed to the couch, Dash flew into the kitchen to make them a snack. With a plop on the sofa, Blitz let out a pleased moan as sunk deep into it.

“Aww…yeah!”

After a few moments, Dash came back with a plate with their favorite sandwiches on them.

“Here, blue boy,” Dash said, as she handed him the sandwich.
“No way is this–.”
“You bet it is! My famous D.L.T. (Daisy Lettuce and Tomato) sandwich!”
“All right!” he exclaimed, as he took a rather large bite.
“A stallion that eats with gusto. I like it!” grinned Dash, as she joined him on the couch.

The two quickly finished their sandwiches and let out a content sigh.

“Man, that was good!”
“Of course, I make the best DLT’s around!” she boasted.
“Heh, I’ll give ya that one,” he said, with a playful nudge.
“So, I gotta get up early for cloudbusting. Did ya wanna join me?”
“Sure, I can lend you some of my awesomeness~.”

To that, Dash merely rolled her eyes.

“A simple ‘yes’ will do,” she deadpanned.
“Yeah…yeah,” he waved it off. “By the way...I saw that wink you gave my friend.”
“Who?”
“Butterscotch... y’know it’s not very nice to tease him like that.
“I just thought he looked cute is all. You gotta problem with that?”
“Yeah, I do. I don’t want you to be another mare that teases him for having a ‘cute face’. Butters has been through enough of that his whole life.”

“I’d never do that! If I’m interested in a pony, I don’t waste time with games.”
“You better not! He’s a dear friend to me.”
“But I could say the same with you and Applejack.”

He turned to her with blush snaked across his muzzle.

“W-What? I don’t know what you’re talking about!” he protested.

She grinned at him with a mischievous gleam in her eye.

“You weren’t too subtle with how hard you were staring at her,” she smirked.
“Whatever…she just reminded me of Red Gala is all…”
“Who?”
“Jack older sister.”
“Oh! So a female Big Mac.”
“I guess…”
“In any case, don’t go for her unless you’re serious about it. She’s had her heart broken before, and I don’t wanna see her go through that again.”
“Oh…I see…”

As he found himself lost in thought, he felt a slap on the back.

“Cheer up, blue boy. Say, up for a little arm wrestle?”
“Nah, I’d feel bad beating a mare…”
“More like scared you’d be beaten by one~.”

It was then his competitive switch was flipped. He flew to her kitchen table and glared at Rainbow.

“You…me…let’s go!”

With a chuckle, she flew over set up her arm to compete.

“Don’t go whining when you lose,” mocked Dash.
Blitz then took her hand and clasped it tightly.
“Same to you!” he huffed.

As Dash counted down from three, the engaged in a fierce battle. After a few seconds, Blitz began to force her arm down. Soon, however, he was taken by surprise when, with a sudden burst of strength, Dash drove his arm onto the table with a loud ‘THUD’.

“No way…I got beat by a mare…” he uttered in disbelief.
“Told ya you would~” teased Dash.
“Rematch! I demand a rematch!”
“Sure, I’m up to beat ya again.”
“Err...set’em up!”
They reset their positions on the table.
“Ready?”
“Bring it!”

Just as before, Dash counted down from three and the two engaged in battle once again. Though it seemed as though Blitz was nearing victory, Dash again used a surge of strength to beat him once again.

“Err…one more match!” he demanded.
“Fine with me. I can beat you at this all night,” goaded Dash.

As the setup again, Blitz was determined to beat his female counterpart. After an hour of trying the two decided to call it quits after his 15th loss. Blitz was dumbfounded as to how she was able to beat him so thoroughly.

“Well, as fun as it was to beat you, I have to get up early. So I’m hitting the hay.”
“Really? So early? Lame!”

With a roll of her eyes, she headed to her room.

“Whatever. ‘Night second place...”

As she walked away, she heard him scoff.

“Butterscotch will have his hands full with you…” he mumbled.

This caused her to stop and look at him with an arched eyebrow.

“What was that?”
“Oh, nothing~” he innocently grinned.

She glared at him for a few seconds and then turned away in a huff.

“Eeyup, no way AJ will fall for a slacker like you…”
“Oh yeah!”
“Yeah, in fact, I bet I can get with Butterscotch before you get with AJ.”
“You think so? Then how about a little wager?”
“I’m listening…”
“We see who gets with whom first, and the loser pays for the double date and has to wear a fru fru outfit made by either Elusive or Rarity.

With a competitive gleam in her eye, she extended her hand.

“You’re on, Blitz!”

He accepted her handshake.

“This is gonna be a piece of cake,” he grinned.
“You’re right,” she said, as she turned to flick his muzzle with her tail. “For me!”
“We’ll see about that!”
“Hmph, come on. I’ll show you to your room.”
“Fine…”

He gets up and follows her down the hallway. With a determined look, they both think the same thing.
I won’t lose!


Later that night, roughly around midnight, Twilight and the others were busy researching ways to send Dusk and his friends back home. Barb and Spike had brought them many research books request by Twilight to the Research Lab to help them in their endeavors. After a three-hour research session, they were unable to turn up anything. With a groan, both Twilight and Dusk dropped their book on the table.

“This is gonna take longer than I thought…” they both sighed.

Starlight sunk in her chair.

“This is all my fault…” she sulked.
“Hey it’s okay…” comforted Dusk.
“Don’t beat yourself up over this,” replied Twilight.
“I know… but…”

Starlight became crestfallen and slumped further into her chair. As they saw this, Dusk walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t be so down. We’ll figure this thing in no time. So stop worrying,” he smiled.

Seeing his gentle smile seemed to lift her spirits a bit.

“Well, why don’t we call it a night? No point in burning ourselves out right?” he added.
“Okay, then how about Spike and I give you and Barb a tour of the palace,” offered Twilight.
“Sure, we’d be up for that,” he nodded.
“Let’s be off then,” she spoke as she headed to the door.

As the group traveled the halls, Twilight and Spike would point out the various rooms of importance. After a few minutes, they came to Twilight’s personal favorite.

“And here is the –” Twilight began before she was cut off by Dusk.
“The glorious library! The hallow halls of precious knowledge,” he spoke with joy.

Twilight blushed at his enthusiastic proclamation.

“It’s not that great, Dusk,” she said, with a sheepish grin.
“I would have to disagree. This...is...glorious!”

He quickly ran in and began to look around at the various books all around the library.

“Can you take any books you want?”

With a starry gleam in his eyes, he rapidly took to the shelves and grabbed the various book from them. This got a chuckle from the purple mare.

“We’re really alike aren’t we?” she noted.
“You can say that again…” chimed in Barb and Spike.

With a plethora of books in his magical grip, he returned to the group.

“Have everything you need?” asked Twilight.
He gave an elated nod.
“Well then, lemme show you to your room.”
“Okay then…”

The party then ventured to the guest quarters. After some idle chat amongst the group, they finally reached the guest room.

“And here’s your room Dusk,” said Twilight.

They looked inside to see a comfy looking bed, a desk setup (complete chair, quill, ink, and parchment), window overlooking Ponyville.

“This isn’t too bad,” he mentioned.
“Good, if either you or Barb need anything don’t be afraid to ask,” stated Twilight.
“Thank you, Twilight. Though I should warn you, Barb’s known to get a little greedy,” joked Dusk.
“Hey!” shouted Barb.
“So can Spike, sometimes,” giggled Twilight.
“I’m standing right here!” replied an annoyed Spike.

This got the group to share a laugh.

“We’ll get some rest, okay,” said Twilight, who then turned to Barb. “Spike will show you to your room.”
“Okay then. Lead the way Spike!” smiled
Barb.

He led the young dragoness to her room across the hall. With a nod, Dusk decided to retire for the night.

“Rest well, you two,” he spoke.
“Good night, Dusk,” they both replied.

As he headed into his room, one of the books he had fallen out of his magical grasp.

“Dusk you dropped a book,” mentioned Starlight.
“Oh thanks,” he said looking back at the fallen book.
“I can get it for you,” offered Twilight, as she knelt down to get it.
“No, I got it,” he insisted, with a light blush.
“I’m already down here I might as well–” she said, as she picked up the book.

To her surprise, it was a copy of Courting 101 – Dummies Guide To Getting A Mate. She blinked a few times before she looked up to Dusk Shine.

“Dusk… Are you looking to court somepony?” she asked.

His face turned bright red.

“What? No... I’m just curious on how ponies in this interact with each other... it’s purely for science,” he defended.

Before she could respond, he snatched up the book and headed into his room with the door slamming behind him.

“It’s for science? Dusk that doesn’t make sense,” spoke Starlight.
“You wouldn’t understand…” he spoke through the door.
“But I do, Dusk. You want to know how a relationship works and court a mare. Believe me; I get it. However, there’s nothing scientific about love,” stated Twilight.

Her words were met with silence.

“I’m sure that’s how Fluttershy would think on the matter.”
“Fluttershy?” questioned Starlight.
“You like Fluttershy. Don’t you Dusk?”

Again she was met with silence.

“Just some friendly advice. A mare’s heart can’t be won with science, but with love,” expressed Twilight.
“I’ll take your words to heart Twilight,” he spoke.
“Good…”
“But remember, it applies to you as well. Berry may be carefree, but has plenty of love to give.”
“W-What?! How’d you–”
“Your smile gave it away, my dear…”

She felt her face heat up.

“I’m heading to bed. Goodnight Starlight. Goodnight Twilight.”
“Goodnight, Dusk Shine,” they both replied.

With that, the two mares headed for bed. As they walked, Starlight noticed that Twilight had been silent most of the trek.

“Something on your mind, Twilight?” she asked.
“Just wondering if we can get them home,” she answered.
“Like you always tell me, if we put our minds to it there’s nothing we can do it.”
“Hmm, you’re right. Thanks, Starlight.”
“Anytime Twilight.”

They reached Starlight’s room.

“I’ll see you bright and tomorrow,” said Twilight.
“Right, goodnight Twilight.”
“To you as well Starlight.”

With a nod, she headed into her room. Twilight departed for her chambers, all the while with a certain party stallion on her mind.