• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 2,457 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Pony Mystic Season 2 - Shadow Master



New Adventure, new friends and new morality awaits Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and even Starlight Glimmer.

  • ...
10
 10
 2,457

Episode 12: Spice Up Your Life

Twilight Sparkle and her friends have been gathered at the Council Chamber for specific meeting, including Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Nyx Midnight, Lance Justicestrike and Spike. Mane Six were seated while the rest stood and looked at the event.

"As you've all probably noticed," Twilight Sparkle said calmly while looking at the cutie map table, "it's been quite some time since the map has sent us on a mission of friendship."

"Yeah!" Spike exclaimed as he looked at the empty table while knocking it gently, "Ever since Starlight messed with it to go back in time and try to change history!"

"Wait?! What?!" Sunset Shimmer asked in surprise as she turned and looked at the nervous Starlight Glimmer, "Why would you do that?"

Starlight Glimmer giggled uneasily, "Personal but stupid revenge on Twilight Sparkle and her friends for ruined my happiness of equality and without cutie marks."

"Wow. Sounds personal and stupid. No offense."

"None taken. I'll get use to it."

Twilight Sparkle sighed in annoyance while levitating Spike back, "Yes. Since then." She smiled as she turned to both of her students, "But, as part of their studies, Starlight and Sunset have been assisting me. And together, we think we've come up with a spell that can get it working again!"

The ponies cheered happily in hearing what Twilight Sparkle has said. The cutie map table will function while back solving friendship problems.

"Now without further ado..."

As their horns glowed in three colors; Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer launched their combining magical spells of forming the energy sphere-like. It fired all of six chairs' cutie marks. They then glowed brightly before shined its bright light on the table.

Briefly the shine light dispersed, the holographic map of both Equestria and Mystic Realm appeared before the ponies. They all awed and gasped in surprise upon looking at it. They're back in business.

However...

"Fluttershy and Twilight in Appleloosa! No, Rarity and Fluttershy in the Golden Jade Palace! No, me and Rainbow Dash in Las Pegasus! No, me and Twilight in Frozen Iceland! No, Rainbow Dash and Twilight in Yakyakistan! No, Applejack and Rainbow Dash in Phoenix Fireland! No, Twilight and Twilight in Twilight's castle! Oh No, Five of us in Crystal Empire?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed frantically yet shock as she and her friends witnessed six cutie marks popping out and disappearing across both realms few times.

"Was this suppose to happen?" Sunset Shimmer asked in surprise.

Starlight Glimmer shrugged, "I have no idea. This never have happened before when I use Time Spell."

"Don't worry, it'll be brief. After all, it's been shut down quite a while after our crazy time travelling experience," Twilight Sparkle said calmly. She gasped upon seeing random cutie marks stopped as four cutie marks appeared and whirled around in searching for the location. She smiled, "Speak of the Mystic, it stopped. Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Both me and Applejack are left out."

Pinkie Pie squealed happily, "Ooh! I hope it's some faraway place that nopony has gone before!"

Rarity chuckled nervously, Well, maybe not too far away. An adventure somewhere that has modern conveniences would be preferable." She gasped upon looking at hers and Pinkie's landed on familiar place, "Canterlot! This is wonderful! I can check the boutique! Perhaps there'll be some social events that we can attend!" She again gasped, "I'll have to pack extra outfits! What will I wear?!"

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes while smiled, "Y'know, some ponies get excited about the silliest things."

"What about us?" Rainbow Dash asked in annoyance. She gasped in shock upon looking at the forest of various trees at Mystic Realm. She groaned, "What the heck?! Everfree Forest?! But there's nothing there."

"Actually, that's Elvish Forestland," Twilight Sparkle corrected, "Unlike Everfree Forest, this land is governed by Mystic Councilpony of Wood. And above all, they're peacekeepers and negotiators to ensure peace, prosperity and harmony to all nation."

Fluttershy sighed, "That's nice. At least, I don't have to go to dangerous and scary places again especially two clans fighting with each other. I hope they have animals. I love them so much."

Rainbow Dash groaned in annoyance, "Gimme a break..."


An hour later, Ponyville Express was making its way to Canterlot. Upon arriving to the area, ponies emerged from it including Rarity and Pinkie Pie. They both began walking across the city while looking around of it.

Rarity sighed happily, "Now then, as far as finding a friendship problem, I suggest we start at the castle and begin to question the proper—"

"Oh, Rarity, you don't find a friendship problem," Pinkie Pie interrupted, "It finds you. We just need to go with the flow, and eventually, kablam! We get friendship problem'd right between the eyes."

"Well, this is a team effort, so if you feel we should go with the flow, then with the flow we shall go. But where's the flow saying we should go?"

"You know Canterlot. What do you think we should do?"

"Hm. Take your pick. Culture, couture, cuisine!"

GROWL! Rarity looked at Pinkie Pie, who has a rumbling stomach. The party pony smiled embarrassingly.

"Oh, my. Well, it sounds like your stomach is saying we should flow towards some lunch?" Rarity asked calmly. Pinkie Pie smiled and nodded slowly. She smiled, "I know just where to go."

An hour later, Rarity guided and led Pinkie Pie to a row of restaurants, where ponies were eating within. Some ponies were chatting on the streets.

"Restaurant Row," Rarity introduced calmly, "the absolute best place for fine dining in all of Equestria!"

Pinkie Pie awed in amazement while looking at the restaurants, "Ooh, so many choices! Where should we go? This one? That one? Those ones?"

"Any establishments that have this –" Rarity said calmly as she pointed at the restaurant's board that has three black-hooves printed, "the three-hoof rating."

"Um, whose hooves?"

"Why, Zesty Gourmand, the Queen of Cuisine. When it comes to food, she is the ultimate authority in Canterlot and thus all Equestria. She judges a restaurant on cuisine, decor, and presentation. Without her approval, a restaurant simply cannot survive."

"What's so important about her approval?"

"Zesty grew up around fine dining, and everypony hangs on her every word when it comes to cuisine."

"Wow! Then the food here must be amazing!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed in amazement, "Lead the way, partner!"

Rarity smiled as she led Pinkie Pie into the first restauarant. They both waited for their food. The waiter arrived with food. He placed it before them before removed food cover dome whole revealed perfect fancy-like food. Rarity was amazed while Pinkie Pie surprised and disappointed.

Rarity gasped, "Oh, my! Such presentation." She took a bite on food before yelped in surprise before showing her nervous looks, "Ah. Yes. Very nice..."

As Pinkie Pie took a bite of her threes, she gulped of them all before yelped in disgust, "Maybe, I'm not in the mood for..." She whispered to Rarity, "whatever this is. Can we try someplace else?"

Rarity shrugged as she took Pinkie Pie to a few restaurants for her to try. Unfortunately, she was disgusted and dissatisfied with the fancy food she ate. They were terrible for her to eat. They were now outside of restaurant.

"Maybe instead of trusting somepony else's hooves," Pinkie Pie said uneasily, "I should pick the next place?"

Rarity sighed in annoyance while rolled her eyes, "Very well."

BOOM-BAM-BOOM-BAM-BOOM! Rarity yelped in shock while Pinkie Pie squealed in surprise. They searched and looked around for the sources of music. It led them straight to the small alley, where they saw ponies gathered around a pink unicorn with long spiky greenish mane and tail with streaks of light and brighter green while her cutie mark was five lemon patterns who was playing axe guitar and using her magical transparent image-like of loudspeaker.

Rarity groaned as she covered her ears tight, "What in the world?!"

Pinkie Pie whistled, "Wow! She's good as DJ-Pon3."

The mysterious unicorn make a hard spin on the disc from her small DJ Jockery Player before levitated the microphone up. She then began singing.

Unicorn: Come on
You get the dragon ride out front
Coolest styles, every horseshoe, every color

Yeah, when you're famous it can be kinda fun
It's really you that everyone really likes about

Who would of thought that a mare like me
Would be awesome as a superstar

You get the best of both worlds
Chill it out, take it slow
Then you rock out the show

You get the best of both worlds
Mix it all together and you know that
It's the best of both worlds

Ponies cheered wildly and happily. The unicorn raised her hoof up high while whistled loudly and wildly. Pinkie Pie squealed wildly and happily. Rarity rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Thank you! Thank you very much!" The unicorn exclaimed in Elvis Presley style. She cleared her throat as she threw flyers up high for ponies to grab, "Thanks for the love, dude and dudette! If you wanna more of awesome songs, come to Tasty Treat! You're gonna love them a lot! Of course, we're gonna need your supports to make it have more ratings!"

Took a glance on the advertisement flyers for the moment, they all chatted and shown their irritated and disappointed looks. They all threw the flyers up or trashed it down to the ground hard. They all left the alley at once. The unicorn groaned in disappointment and upset.

"Aw, come on!" The unicorn exclaimed in annoyance, "You dudes don't know what you're missing now! You're gonna regret it! You hear me?!"

But no one listens or cares, making the unicorn groaned before falling her back on the ground. Both Rarity and Pinkie Pie looked at each other before nodded. They approached and checked on her. She looked at them.

"What do ya want?" The unicorn asked in annoyance.

Pinkie Pie smiled, "I just wanna say that you're so amazing and awesome in singing and rock'n'rolling! That is cool! What's your name, DJ?" She smiled and squealed happily, "Can you do singing?"

Lemon Zest smirked as she singsong in rhythm while playing her axe guitar, "What's my name?! What's my name?! The name's Lemon coz I loved yellow and it's a lemon! It rhymed wildly, dude! And believe me, I am so wild rhymed girl! Why do they do call me 'Zest'? I gives the best of the best songs of the world! Woohoo! Yeah, baby!"

Pinkie Pie whistled, "That is so awesome, Zest. You cool as DJ Pon-3! I'm Pinkie Pie. This is my friend, Rarity."

"Thanks, Pinky," Lemon Zest said proudly, "And you're awesome too!"

Rarity sighed while shaking her head in annoyance. She took a flyer while looking at it. She hummed calmly, "What is this? I'd never seen this before."

"Well. It's called 'Tasty Treat'," Lemon Zest explained calmly yet happily, "They've got some awesome and coolest 'real' food! And best of all, they're way better than any fancy-smancy foods from any same restaurants."

"Really?!" Pinkie Pie asked in shock and surprise.

Lemon Zest nodded, "Yup! You can smell them! You can taste them! And best of all, these things got the flavors! They're the real food, man!"

Looking at the flyer thoroughly, Rarity looked uncertainty and concern, "Are you sure they're good? From the look of this flyer, it's very... rustic. And if I recall correctly, this restaurant hasn't even been rated."

"So what, Drama Queen?" Lemon Zest asked in annoyance before scoffed, "It's not the ratings that counts, it's the taste, dudettes!"

Pinkie Pie sighed in relief, "Thank goodness! Think you can lead us to it? I'm still hungry."

"Be my guess," Lemon Zest exclaimed as she put her axe guitar and DJ Disc Player into a large guitar case, "Let me pack this up!"

As she finished her packing, Lemon Zest guided and led both Pinkie Pie and Rarity into a narrowed yet long alley to 'Tasty Treats'.


Arriving at the end of alley, three ponies stood before a large block-like restaurant in Indian Style. She then led them inside the restaurant. Both Pinkie Pie and Rarity found it very different than any fancy restaurant they have gone through - its theme is mostly Indian with curtains, wooden chairs and sofas with pillows and wooden round table.

"Are we sure they're open?" Rarity asked uneasily.

Pinkie Pie sniffed the scent deeply before smiled, "Mmmm. It smells open."

"Hope you like it. And believe this is better," Lemon Zest said confidently, "Now I've gotta get back to work. I've got some crowds to catch. No way this restaurant is gonna closed!"

As Lemon Zest left the building, both Rarity and Pinkie Pie looked around of this place. They found two familiar ponies were seated, waiting for food. The girls approached and took their seats close to their allies.

Rarity gasped, "Saber? Shadow Dragon? What are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing." Shadow Dragon asked in surprise.

"We're hungry. We're looking for real food," Pinkie Pie explained before showing her disgusted looks, "not that fancy smancy one. Is this place good?"

"Is this place good?! Is this place good?! Are you kidding me?!" Saber Dragoon asked in squeaky tone. He squeaked wildly, "It's the best one! And believe me! You're gonna love it!"

Ace giggled as he emerged from Saber Dragoon's bag before cheered wildly and happily. He even swung the number #1 flag wildly.

Shadow Dragon groaned, "I hate spicy food."

Saber Dragoon cleared his throat before said normally, "You've always hated spice foods. Me, my cousins and uncle can handle it! We like them!"

"Ooh! I can't wait to try!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

A pale orange unicorn with purple fluffy mane and tail worn a golden headband and earring, yellow Indian kurta blouse-like and orange scarf, her cutie mark is a saffron flower-like exited the kitchen's entrance. She looked at the front. She gasped in surprise yet relieved.

"Are you here for lunch?"

Pinkie Pie smiled and nodded, "Yes indeedy!"

"I'm Saffron Masala, the chef here at The Tasty Treat, the most exotic cuisine in Canterlot." Saffron Masala introduced calmly. She smiled while looking at Saber Dragoon and Shadow Dragon, "I see you meet the Prince and his best friend here. They're our number one customers."

"WHAT?!" Pinkie Pie and Rarity exclaimed in shock and surprise.

"It's true," Saffron Masala smiled, "His majesty has always come to any restaurant especially ours because we have his favorite spices. Therefore, he's our number one customer with his friends too."

"Be thankful that I ordered Roti Canai without curry," Shadow Dragon remarked in annoyance.

Saffron Masala cleared her throat, "Would you like to hear about the specials?"

"Yes, Saffron," Saber Dragoon said proudly, "Let my friends know your best. You know mine and Shadow Dragon's."

"With pleasure, your majesty," Saffron Masala said proudly, "We have a curried oat cake, and a grass sandwich that has been marinated overnight in a mustard Dijon dressing."

"Wow! Those sound very good," Pinkie Pie commented in surprise, "We'll take them!"

Saffron Masala turned and looked at Rarity, "A-And for you?"

"Oh, me? Oh, I'm fine. Thank you." Rarity said calmly. Saffron Masala left the customers now. She leaned close to Pinkie and said, "No rating..."

Pinkie Pie sighed, "Give it a rest, Rarity. Lemon Zest and Saber said it's good, then I'm gonna try it. Better than eating fancy smancy."

"Trust me. You're gonna love it," Saber Dragoon exclaimed proudly.


Inside the kitchen, Saffron Masala was cooking foods while preparing the dishes. Terrastrike and an older version of Heavy appeared besides her sides. They gave her a bit of shock and surprise.

"Terrastrike and Heavy!" Saffron Masala exclaimed in surprise before sighed, " You scared me. Please don't do that again."

"Sorry, Saffron," Terrastrike bowed in apologetic, "Allow me to assist you. I'm good at the cook."

Heavy scoffed as he pushed Terrastrike aside, "Cool it, Terra. Let me handle this. I'm expert of it."

Terrastrike groaned as he pushed Heavy back, "You're too young to handle this job, little cous."

"Look who's talking!" Heavy exclaimed in annoyance, "I'm older than you think, T! So back off!"

"Wanna fight again, brat?! Coz I beat you before. I can do it again!"

"Try me, punk! I'll show you who's the boss! My dad taught me everything! And he's the best and better than yours!"

"I doubt it. My father is the true warrior, unlike yours!"

"Oh?! A wise guy, huh?!"

"Boys, please!" Saffron Masala exclaimed in annoyance, causing both Terrastrike and Heavy stop and look at her. She sighed as she turned to them, "I appreciate your kindness, but I can handle it. It's my father you should helping. Please, make sure he doesn't do anything foolish."

Terrastrike and Heavy groaned in annoyance while rolled their eyes, "Fine."

"Thank you." Saffron Masala thanked calmly as she gave a gentle kiss on cheeks of both Terrastrike and Heavy, "I appreciate it."

Both boys have their faces burnt in red as their eyes shown love-shapes and sighed happily. They really like her. She's special to them.


Saber Dragoon then heard someone muttered and grumbled in Hindi Language. He turned to his back as he found a dark yellow unicorn with combed brown mane and short tail worn pale brown kurta suit and his cutie mark is coriander spice pot approached the table. He stacked the chairs up on it.

"Not again..." Saber Dragoon remarked dryly, "Coriander Cumin! Your restaurant is not going close down! Stop it now!"

Coriander Cumin groaned as he turned to Saber Dragoon, "With all due respect, your majesty. This is pointless. Even though you and your friends are the only customers we have, I have nopony to host for. Let's face it, Prince Saber."

"I know it's hard, Mr. Cumin, but you can't give up. Your daughter needs you to host. Without you, she can't cook. You're almost there."

"Sir, please stop encouraging. It's hopeless. We both know it."

Heavy and Terrastrike emerged from the kitchen as they both saw what Coriander Cumin do. They looked shock and worry.

"Uh oh..." Heavy said in shock.

Terrastrike nodded, "Yeah. She's not gonna happy about this one."

Bringing food out while exited the kitchen, Saffron Masala gasped, "Father, stop it! Don't close up the restaurant around our guests especially the prince."

"What does it matter?!" Coriander Cumin complained, "When they leave, nopony else will be coming in! And don't you dare count our kin, monkeys and Ma Ponies! They're not Canterlot Ponies!"

Putting food down on table, Saffron Masala turned to her father, "Well, your attitude isn't going to bring anyone in! Can't you at least pretend to be positive?!"

As their mouth drooling, Saber Dragoon and Pinkie Pie looked at the food - roti canai/flying bread, a curried oat cake, and a grass sandwich that has been marinated overnight in a mustard Dijon dressing, spicy rice, nachos, crackers, bread and several different kind of curry. Both of them began eating their lunch.

"So good!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

"Super good!" Ace exclaimed happily.

Saber Dragoon smirked, "Told ya!"

Shadow Dragon and Rarity looked uneasy and concern about Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala.

"Have they been like this?" Rarity asked in concern.

Shadow Dragon nodded, "Yeah, ever since they open their restaurant here. No customers haven't come to try their food."

"You are doing enough pretending for the both of us." Coriander Cumin said angrily, making Saffron Masala annoyed and angered. He continued, "Nopony here wants to try anything new! I know when to throw in the towel!"

"You guys don't have the towels," Heavy reminded calmly.

Terrastrike groaned, "He was talking about expression, as in 'giving up the fight'."

"Ooh. That! What he said! You've gotta keep on going!"

"I agree! Your restaurant hasn't been close after a month! It's not over."

Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala turned and glared at Heavy and Terrastrike, "Stay out of this!"

Both Terrastrike and Heavy yelped and jumped in shock while holding and hugging each other tightly. They show scary and worry looks.

"Should somepony talk with them?" Rarity asked in concern.

Shadow Dragon shrugged as he took a bite on his Roti Canai, "All of us did. They wouldn't listen. There is one who can end it. And too bad, he's still out there with others."

"Oh, Rarity, try this!" Pinkie Pie muffled happily as she passed the sandwich to Rarity, who took a bite on it. She gasped in surprise. Pinkie Pie smiled, "Told you."

Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala were glaring at each other. Terrastrike and Heavy were pleading and begging both Indian Ponies not to start a fight.

Saffron Masala groaned, "Maybe if you would listen to my ideas for once..."

"Oh, yes!" Coriander Cumin interrupted, "I did not move halfway across Equestria for my daughter that I never listen to!"

"Can we say something?" Terrastrike and Heavy asked uneasily. Both Hindi Ponies gave them a hard glare. They yelped in concern, "Never mind! We thought we could help."

Realization hit her head, Pinkie Pie gasped, "Guys!I think that friendship problem just kablammed us right between the eyes!"

"Wait?! What?!" Saber Dragoon asked in shock, "That's what bring you here? Not for trying the food?"

"Actually, we got hungry in midway of our mission when we just left the train."

"And I bet Rarity led you to fancy smancy restaurants, right?"

"Yeah. They're the worse. I hate them!"

Thinking of what Pinkie Pie has said, Rarity looked at Hindi Ponies as she gave some thoughts yet concern about it, "I don't know, darling. The food is excellent, but I'm not sure there's much you and I can do to help them."

"Well, you're celebrity, Rarity," Shadow Dragon reminded Rarity, "Shouldn't you able to give some ratings to it."

"Oh, it's not easy, Shadow Dragon. And plus, I'm not food expert or critic. And therefore, I have no right to do such a thing."

"What about princesses? Shouldn't they help? They can judge food and restaurant."

"No, Shadow Dragon. I wish they can, but only critics and chefs allow because they're expert. I don't know if they're willing to help us. Unless..." Rarity thought for the moment before gasped in realization, "That's it!"

Everyone looked at Rarity in shock and surprise. They wondered of what Rarity has in her mind.

"Pinkie Pie's right. The flow has led us here! This is our mission!" Rarity exclaimed proudly. She turned to Saffron Masala and Coriander Cumin, "We are going to get you a three-hoof rating and save your restaurant! I can get Zesty Gourmand here!"

Pinkie Pie gasped, "And I can pack this place with ponies! And I know a pony who can help us too!"

"We can help you out too," Saber Dragoon said calmly and firmly, "I'm good at persuasion with everyone. They'll love it."

"I can cook with my cooking skills," Terrastrike exclaimed proudly, "I can bet that this restaurant is gonna be the best."

Heavy chuckled happily as he held Terrastrike's shoulder, "You bet it, cous! I'll go get father, sis and cousins here. They can help us too."

"With all of us working together," Shadow Dragon said calmly yet firmly, "We can overcome everything. It'll be fine at the end."

Coriander Cumin hummed in annoyance, "And how do you intend to do such a thing?"

"Just leave it to us!" Six ponies exclaimed proudly.

Coriander Cumin looked unconvinced while Saffron Masala looked hopefully and happily.

As planned, Rarity left to find and convince Zesty Gourmand to come and try the restaurant's food. Saber Dragoon and Shadow Dragon were discussing of what they can do to impress the ponies about Tasty Treat.

"And you think it's gonna work?" Shadow Dragon asked in concern, "I heard that Zesty is very stingy and stoic with food especially her personal favorite."

Saber Dragoon scoffed, "Then it's her loss and stupidity for not trying others. She don't deserve called herself 'critic'."

"Uh-huh! Stupid!" Ace exclaimed happily, "Stupid critic!"

Terrastrike and Heavy left to find his family to come and help the Hindi Family out. Warpath Tempest was annoyed while others smiled happily.

"Thanks for helping us, guys," Heavy said happily.

Terrastrike nodded, "Yes. We need everyone to get this restaurant through in Canterlot."

"Always happy to help our family," Rogue Dragoon said proudly.

Sparkle Shield nodded in agreement, "Yes. We won't let anything happen to here."

Warpath Tempest groaned, "I still don't get it. Why not ask my brother to give more money here? This will keep it going?"

"If we do such a thing," Kindy Dragon said in concern, "We would lose the bits and golds. Our kingdom will lose its resources and economy especially the defenses. We need customers' money for this restaurant and ourselves to ensure the future."

Jasmine Jade hummed in agreement, "The prince really has the point about it."

"Strategies... Business..." Warpath Tempest grumbled, "What a headache! It would have been easy to force them to do it than being nice."

"That make us bad guys, uncle..." Jasmine Jade said uneasily.

Pinkie Pie and Lemon Zest were discussing about the plans in attracting attention.

"Thanks for coming, Zest," Pinkie Pie thanked happily, "With your super cool music and my way of getting ponies coming here, this will be easy!"

Lemon Zest scoffed, "You betcha. Trust me. You won't regret it, Pinky! This plan is so awesome! Food and music?! Totally awesome!"

Saffron Masala walked around in nervous. Coriander Cumin was packing plates into boxes.

Saffron Masala groaned as she glared at her father, "Father, will you please stop packing things?!"

Coriander Cumin scoffed, "When the lovely pony comes back and says she couldn't convince Zesty Gourmand to come visit us, we will need to pack all this up. I am just getting a head start."

"I wouldn't bet on that," Saber Dragoon said calmly.

"I've done it!" Rarity exclaimed happily. She gathered her friends around the table as she explained, "It took all of my charm and cajoling, but I was able to convince Zesty Gourmand to come and try the food!"

"That's good enough," Heavy exclaimed happily.

Jasmine Jade nodded, "We'll be ready for her with the best dish!"

"What is the catch?" Coriander Cumin demanded suspiciously.

"Ah, yes. Well, um, there is a bit of a challenge." Rarity said uneasily, "The only time she could make herself available is tonight."

Coriander Cumin groaned in annoyance while crossed his hooves. Saffron Masala asked, "What is it?"

Rarity sighed, "Zesty rates a restaurant on cuisine, decor, and presentation, and she has very specific tastes. If she's coming tonight, there is quite a bit of work that needs to get done."

Warpath Tempest huffed in annoyance, "I don't get why the rating are so important. They're just stupid hooves."

"Unlike battlefield, uncle," Saber Dragoon said calmly yet firmly, "without the ratings, no customers will come and taste the foods. The restaurant will be closed down for good. That's why we need a critic to review it and spread the words."

Shadow Dragon nodded in agreement, "We can't afford to make mistakes. We have to do our best!"

"Yes," Rarity nodded in agreement as she looked at the interior of restaurant, "We need do a tweak here, a tuck there, some slight modifications to the menu." She laughed nervously, "We just need the place to feel more cosmopolitan."

Coriander Cumin huffed in annoyance. Saffron Masala turned and glared at him, "Father, after Prince Saber, Rarity and the rest went to all of this trouble for us, can't we at least try?"

"So, what's the plan, dude and dudettes?" Lemon Zest asked frantically, "I'm seriously on the heat!"

"Why don't Shadow Dragon, Rogue, Terrastrike, Jasmine, Kindy and I stay behind with Coriander to get the restaurant ready for Zesty's arrival?" Rarity suggested calmly while looking at her friends, "The rest of you can try and drum up some business."

Lemon Zest screamed and howled wildly and happily, "One packed restaurant, coming right up!"

"You said it!" Pinkie Pie screamed.

Heavy whistled wildly, "Oh yeah! I get to hang with Saffron!" He gave tongue stuck out while pulled his eye lash down, "See ya, cous!"

Terrastrike groaned in anger, "We'll see who's laughing, punk."

Rogue Dragoon held Terrastrike back, "Cool it, Terra. You'll get the chance. For now, we need to help her father and this restaurant."

"Alright, that's enough, cousins," Saber Dragoon said calmly as he pushed his cousins, "We've got lots of work to do."

Saber Dragoon, Pinkie Pie, Saffron Masala, Warpath Tempest, Sparkle Shield and Heavy left the restaurant while the rest remained behind with Coriander Cumin. Rarity approached him.

"Coriander, I understand your trepidation." Rarity said calmly, "But I promise you, we will get those hooves by making this place feel just like all of the other restaurants on Restaurant Row!"

"Let's hope so," Shadow Dragon said in concern, "Where do we start?"

Jasmine Jade nodded, "I don't know much of cook, to be frankly, Lady Rarity. I'm terrible at it."

Rarity smiled, "And let's start with ideas I have in my mind."

"Hopefully, it doesn't ruin what makes Indian Restaurant special," Kindy Dragon said calmly, "I hate to think of how bad it can be."


Pinkie Pie and her friends were outside of Tasty Treat Restaurant as they began walking out of the alley.. Saffron Masala took a glance at her back for the moment. She shown worry and uncertain looks.

Saffron Masala sighed, "I hope my father doesn't drive Rarity and others crazy."

"Relax, baby," Heavy said calmly as he leaned on Saffron Masala's back while smiling at her, "It'll be fine. We just need to focus on work."

"He's right," Pinkie Pie said happily,c"Rarity's gonna make sure that The Tasty Treat is the most unique and beautiful restaurant in Canterlot! Not like all of those stuffy places on Restaurant Row."

"That's something we agree about," Saber Dragoon said proudly, "Let's show Cantelot Ponies that Tasty Treat is the best than any places here!"

Ace cheered while playing fanfare, "We are the Champion, my friends!"

Sparkle Shield nodded, "I'm with you, Saber!"

"Well, this better worth the troubles," Warpath Temper said in annoyance, "That mule better not screw and ruin the restaurant. I hate to see it being a mess..."

Lemon Zest whistled wildly, "Rock and Roll time!"


Rarity and her friends sat down on the sofa as they began discussion for improving Tasty Treat restaurant. She shown them her flashcards about her idea - making same as other restaurants; fancy food, fancy interior designs, fancy waiter suit and three printed hooves.

Rarity: Here's what I know:
If you want to succeed
You must follow the trends, that's the key

Shadow Dragon, Rogue Dragoon, Terrastrike, Jasmine Jade, Kindy Dragon and even Coriander Cumin looked uncertain and uneasy about the idea. Nevertheless, Rarity gave the instruction to them of what needs to be done. They were reluctant to go with her plans.

Rarity: If you want to show
That you've got what it takes
You must be what they want you to be


Pinkie Pie and her friends worn the Indian theme clothes as they're ready to attract customers. Lemon Zest held her axe guitar while summoned the speaker out. Pinkie Pie smiled as she explained to Saffron Masala about how good the food are. They all agreed about it.

Pinkie Pie: Here's what I know:
Your food is so good
The flavor's so fancy and free

Pinkie Pie passed the flyers to her friends in preparing to give them out to customers. Lemon Zest gave a hard stroke on her guitar in attracting customers to turn and look at them. Heavy sighed calmly before his older sister patter him gently in comfort. They're ready for this.

Pinkie Pie: You just need to show
That unique sense of taste
Go on, be yourself, let them see


Rarity and her friends began moving the Indian-Theme furniture aside, though most of them especially Coriander Cumin were very against it. Rarity levitated and removed the curtains. Jasmine Jade and Kindy swept and mopped the floor. Shadow Dragon, Rogue Dragoon and Terrastrike pushed tables and chairs aside while replaced with modern ones.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: It's gonna work
I know it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, trust me


Lemon Zest played her guitar and singing wildly. Saber Dragoon, Pinkie Pie and Saffron Masala gave the flyers and explained about it to the ponies. Heavy, Sparkle Shield and even Warpath Tempest danced happily and gracefully in Indian Style. However, ponies ignored it.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: It's gonna work
I swear it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, you'll see!


As Shadow Dragon and his friends were updating the restaurant, Rarity shown the waiter suit to Coriander Cumin. She summoned the dressing curtains for him to change. As the curtains lifted up, he's now a waiter.

Rarity: You need to change
If you want to compete
But fear not, for I know what to do

Rarity then showed the fancy foods for Coriander Cumin to try. Though he did it, he was uneasy and uncomfortable with the changes. Shadow Dragon and his friends also felt uneasy as well.

Rarity: I know it feels strange
But trust me, when we're done
We'll make sure that you're a hit, too


As her friends continued working in getting customers' attention, Pinkie Pie talked and encouraged Saffron Masala from not changing the restaurant's design and culture.

Pinkie Pie: Don't ever change
Being different is good
Don't let what others do be your cue

Pinkie Pie then looked at the restaurants as she gave them a disgusted and annoyed looks. She hated their foods a lot.

Pinkie Pie: Never rearrange
'Cause somepony said you should
Just trust your heart, it will know what to do


Pinkie Pie and her friends continued performing and advertising flyers to the ponies, but still found no one are interesting in it.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: It's gonna work
I know it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, trust me

Rarity and her friends moved all of Indian culture and furniture on the restaurant's backyard.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: It's gonna work
I swear it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, you'll see!


Both Pinkie Pie and Rarity continued encouraging both Saffron Masala and Coriander Cumin about their choices and beliefs. Pinkie Pie wanted Saffron Masala and Tasty Treat stayed true to their culture and theme while Rarity needed Coriander Cumin to change it to be like the rest.

Pinkie Pie: Be unique

Rarity: Just be the same

Pinkie Pie: Trust your heart

Rarity: You'll make your name

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: We'll help you every step of the way
Because we know what you need to do
And you should know it too

Rarity and her friends are almost finish with updating and improving the restaurant's design while preparing the fancy food. Pinkie Pie and her team struggled in getting one or two ponies to accept their invitation.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity: It's gonna work
I know it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, trust me
It's gonna work
I swear it's gonna work
It's gonna work out just fine, you'll see!


As the sun setting down, Pinkie Pie and her team failed to get anypony to go to the Tasty Treat restaurant. Time is running out.

"The day is almost over, and we haven't found any ponies!" Saffron Masala exclaimed in concern while looking at the sun, "What will we do?"

"I don't know," Sparkle Shield said in concern.

Heavy groaned in annoyance, "Damn! This is harder than I thought!"

"We can't give up now," Pinkie Pie encouraged proudly, "We have to keep on trying! We still got time!"

Lemon Zest cheered, "YEAH! Keep on fighting!"

As Pinkie Pie and Lemon Zest pleaded and advertise the customers to try Tasty Treat, ponies ignored them while claimed they need to know 'how many hooves it has'.

Warpath Tempest groaned as he grab and threw the Tasty Treat signboard hard, "Stupid hooves! Stupid hooves! Stupid hooves! What's so important about it?!"

Instead slamming the board down, it floated in midair. For a brief moment of floating, it dropped and landed before two Whinnyapolis Ponies. This attract Pinkie Pie and her friends' notices.

Chargrill Breadwinner gasped, "Oh, look at this, hun!"

"Oh, The Tasty Treat!" Orange Slices exclaimed happily while looking at the signboard, "Do you think that's a restaurant, sugar?"

"Yes! Yes, it is!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

Warpath Tempest groaned, "Let me guess. You'd prefer fancy smancy restaurant again?"

"Father!" Sparkle Shield and Heavy hissed while nudged their father's chest hard, "Be nice!"

"Oh no, no-no-no-no, my friend," Chargrill Breadwinner said frantically before cleared his throat, "We came to Canterlot from Whinnyapolis to be adventurous. But so far, the food in all these hoity-toity places tastes like somepony cooked up nothin' with a side o' nothin'."

"Hah! Sounds like a type of my guy!" Saber Dragoon remarked in relief, "We're glad you decide to try out Tasty Treat. I think it's going to be exactly what you're looking for."

"Please, follow us," Saffron Masala said happily.

Pinkie Pie squealed, "I can't believe it! We finally got two customers!"

"Yeah, let's just hope it works like a charm," Lemon Zest said calmly and happily, "Just hope the others are okay with their designs."

"I'm pretty sure that everything will be fine," Saber Dragoon said calmly.


Rarity and her friends finished their final touch-up on the restaurant - cleaning and making it looked very good and tidy especially interior designs looked more modern fancy-theme style.

Rarity sighed in relief, "This is going to be exactly what Zesty is looking for!"

Jasmine Jade groaned in upset, "I don't like it. I hate it. This is the worse."

Rogue Dragoon sighed as he patted Jasmine Jade's shoulder, "I know, sister. I feel your disappointment."

"I don't think this idea is even a good one," Kindy Dragon asked in disappointment, "I feel like we're actually following someone's policy than ours. Must we follow what Zesty wanted?"

"Yes, Prince Kindy," Rarity said firmly, "This is the only way we can get her three hooves. We must make this restaurant same as others from Restaurant Row."

Shadow Dragon hummed uneasily, "Saber and others aren't gonna be happy with this. Everything we once knew about this is gone."

"I agree with you," Terrastrike said in shameful tone, "Saffron is gonna kill me."

As the door opened, Pinkie Pie and her friends except Warpath Tempest have returned to Tasty Treat. They looked at its interior. They all gasped in shock and fear.

"Welcome to The Tasty Treat. You can eat here if you want." Coriander Cumin greeted in unenthusiastic tone, "Or not. Who cares?"

Saber Dragoon screamed in fear and anger, "WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE?!"

"Dude! This is so mess up!" Lemon Zest exclaimed in shock.

Pinkie Pie turned and glared at Rarity, "Rarity, what did you do?! I thought we were trying to make this the most unique and beautiful restaurant in Canterlot! Not make it exactly like every other restaurant!"

Rarity briefly laughed, "We want to help our friends by getting them three hooves. That will only happen if this is like every other restaurant." She smiled while looking at it, "Isn't it perfect? Zesty is sure to love it especially the food."

Coriander Cumin shown the a tray of fancy food before the others. They were all in shock and fear.

"Father, what is this?!" Saffron Masala demanded in shock.

"Not that! Anything but that!" Pinkie Pie screamed in fear.

"NOT MY SPICY FOOD," Saber Dragoon screamed in agony, "WHY THEM?!"

Coriander Cumin explained, "This is what we must cook if we want to succeed here!"

Saffron Masala hissed as she thrown the tray aside hard while sobbing, "This isn't what I wanted! I wanted Canterlot to like us for us!"

"Rarity, how could you ruin the restaurant?!" Pinkie Pie demanded in shock.

"Oh, pff. Kch. Ts! We helped save the restaurant" Rarity reassured in annoyance, "Now, where are the other guests? How many other ponies are coming?"

"Two," Pinkie Pie, Saber Dragoon, Lemon Zest and Saffron Masala answered.

"Just two?!" Rarity asked in shock, "I thought you said you could pack the place with ponies no matter what!"

"You said you would make the restaurant better..." Pinkie Pie rebuffed in anger. Rarity gasped in shock, making Pinkie said in realization, "...so I guess we both didn't know what we were talking about!"

Saber Dragoon screamed in anger, "How could this have happen?!"

Feeling guilty and shame, Shadow Dragon patted Saber Dragoon, "I'm sorry, Sab-!"

Saber Dragoon rebuffed in anger, "Back off! I trusted you! I know you hate spicy food but you have to ruin it! How could you?!"

"I didn't do it on purpose, Saber! It was Rarity's idea! I'm against it in the first place!"

"And yet, you didn't stop her?! This place is a mess now because of you!"

"In case, you've forgotten - you did a mess too! You didn't get more customers! You said you could do it with your charming and royalty!"

"That wasn't easy as I thought! I did my best but you didn't!"

"Yes, I did! Rarity gone ruined it! She won't listen to me! You told me that make the best out of it! Look what happen now?!"

"I guess this is really a miscommunication!" Saber Dragoon groaned, "Man, this is really mess up! We need to clean this up before things get messy especially my uncle!"

Shadow Dragon groaned in annoyance, "Don't remind me!"

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Heavy exclaimed in anger while glaring at children of Blade Dragoon's, who were surprise and shock. He continued, "How could you let that mule ruin it?! This is not what it supposed to be!"

"WHAT?! It's our fault?!" Terrastrike demanded in anger, "We didn't want this! But Rarity insisted to follow and be same as others! I hate it!"

"And yet, you let her do it?!"

"It's the only way get three hooves rating! If we succeed, then we can change it back to the way it was!"

"Don't be stupid! If we do that, ponies will think we're lying and never come back here!"

"You've got a better idea, punk?! I don't see how you come up with it. You must be very stupid!"

"I'll show you whose stupid, jackass!"

Terrastrike and Heavy charge at each other as they were about to give each other some punches. Their own siblings quickly yet struggled holding and pulling them apart and away from attacking each other. Terrastrike and Heavy were still at each other's throats.

A sudden knock caused everyone stopped the argument and fighting. They all turned and looked at the door. Rarity gasped in realization as she knew who knock the door.

"Zesty Gourmand! Everypony, places!"

Saffron Masala, Terrastrike and Heavy headed back to the kitchen and armed themselves with their cook. Coriander Cumin, Rogue Dragoon and Sparkle Shield were standing by to greet and host the guests. Jasmine Jade and Kindy Dragon hid behind the kitchen and standing by. Shadow Dragon, Saber Dragoon, Rarity and Pinkie Pie stood near to the door.

Rarity the door. The pony stands before her is none other than Zesty Gourmand - a light pale brown unicorn worn with pink and white streaks of mane worn the white uniform and black sleeves, a heavy brown coat. She smiled calmly yet firmly, causing Rarity to gulp in fear.

As Zesty Gourmand took her seat, two ponies that Pinkie Pie and her team have invited, entered and took theirs as well. Coriander Cumin gulped fearfully while quivered in fear. Rogue Dragoon and Sparkle Shield pushed him ahead. As he approached, he greeted in both enthusiastic and fear tone.

"Welcome to The Tasty Treat. What can I get you this evening?"

"I hardly think it matters," Zesty Gourmand said dryly, "but by all means, try your best to impress."

"Well, we'll both try the special this evening." Orange Slice said happily, "Maybe with a little kick to it, eh?"

Chargrill Breadwinner nodded happily, "Yes, we've been craving some food with actual taste."

With Zesty Gourmand gestured Coriander Cumin to leave, he nodded in understanding. He and his allies moved and entered the kitchen. They have to prepared the dishes for Zesty Gourmand to eat. Upon entering the kitchen, Coriander Cumin gasped in shock and concern and demanded.

"Saffron Masala, what are you doing?!"

"I'm trying to save our reputations!" Saffron Masala exclaimed as she was putting onion, tomato and two potatoes into curry soup. Terrastrike and Heavy were assisting her in the cook. She took a sip of her recipe's flavor, "I've given it at least a little bit of flavor."

"No-no-n-n-no, but that's not what Zesty wants!" Rarity exclaimed frantically.

"Seriously?!" Heavy and Terrastrike asked in shock, "Why?!"

Pinkie Pie turned and glared at Rarity, "What kind of food expert doesn't want flavor?! That's insane!"

"And stupid!" Saber Dragoon added in, "No wonder why other restaurants taste terrible! There're no flavors in them!"

"Saber, calm down!" Shadow Dragon calmed his best friend down, "Everyone has different taste. Don't expect them to have same taste as yours."

"You're not helping, Shadow!" Saber Dragoon exclaimed in anger. Saffron Masala poured the soup into a bowl. He put it on the tray, which was on his head, "I'm taking this out there!"

"No! Zesty will hate it!" Rarity stopped and held Saber Dragoon on the position, "You are going to ruin this for them!"

"No, I'm trying to fix it after you ruined it!" Saber Dragoon exclaimed in anger, "I won't let you or your damn ideas dishonored mine, my father's honor and kingdom especially this good restaurant! So, get out of my way!"

"Brother, don't! Calm down!" Kindy Dragon exclaimed in concern.

"Easy, Saber! You know Rarity didn't mean it," Shadow Dragon said in concern, "She was trying to help. She didn't know it."

Rogue Dragoon nodded in agreement, "Besides, it's too late to use this, cousin. We have to use the fancy food now."

"Rogue's right. We have to put your personal aside now," Sparkle Shield pleaded.

"But we can give the soup to other customers," Jade Jasmine suggested, "And the fancy food can pass to Zesty for the moment. Once that is done, we can think about what to do with it."

Annoyed yet angered of putting his personal food aside, Saber Dragoon groaned in anger, "Fine. Let's do your damn way."

"Hey, what's going on?!" The angry voice demanded in anger. Rarity, Pinkie Pie and their friends exited the kitchen and found Warpath Tempest entered the restaurant. He gasped in shock of what he saw. He groaned in anger, "Whoever did this, I'm gonna kill him! Who's the responsible of this?! I want the name now!"

Everyone pointed at Rarity at once. Warpath Tempest groaned in anger as his body glowed and burned in reddish form.

Saber Dragoon groaned, "Way to go! You piss Uncle Warpath off now!"

Shadow Dragon turned and glared at Rarity, "This is what I've been trying to tell you. And look what you have gotten us into!"

"Uh-oh..." Rarity said in shock, "Warpath! Please understand th-!

Warpath Tempest screamed as he summoned his Serpentine Blade Spear, "I'm gonna kill you, you son of-!"

Rarity screamed in fear as she galloped at once while Warpath Tempest chased after her around the restaurant. The others tried and pleaded them to stop from running and chasing around the place or even calmed them down. Everyone yelped and screamed in surprise and shock while Zesty Gourmand remained silent for the moment. This caused restaurant a big mess.

As Warpath Tempest was close to Rarity, everyone quickly stopped him. Saber Dragoon and Kindy Dragon held Rarity behind. Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala levitated in pulling Warpath Tempest's tail. Rogue Dragoon, Sparkle Shield, Terrastrike and Heavy pulled him back while Shadow Dragon and Pinkie Pie held him on the front.

However, due to his immersive strength and prowess, Warpath Tempest cried and screamed in anger as he jumped and slammed right at the front on his allies, causing five ponies fell down hard while the curry soup was thrown into midair. Everyone except the customers screamed in fear as it landed straight on Zesty Gourmand's head, causing herself and her suit to be a mess.

Calm yet firm as she is, Zesty Gourmand levitated a handkerchief in wiping her face clean and said dryly and unenthusiastic tone.

"I think we are done here."

Zesty Gourmand stood up from her seat as she approached to the door and ready to leave. Rarity and Pinkie Pie quickly approached and stopped her.

"Zesty! Please wait! Allow me to explain!" Rarity pleaded in concern.

Zesty Gourmand turned and glared at Rarity, "Rarity, when it comes to fashion, you are adequate. But take some advice from a friend – keep your opinions out of restaurants. Substandard food, laughable service, and I would think even you could recognize that the decor here is trying desperately while desperately failing. Recommending a disreputable place such as this could do serious damage to your social standing."

"Disreputable?!" Pinkie Pie asked angrily, "You mean a place with food that actually tastes good?"

Zesty Gourmand huffed in annoyance, "Anypony can throw ingredients together and create an obvious taste that uncultured ponies like those two can register."

Chargrill Breadwinner and Orange Slice gave an annoying glare at Zesty Gourmand for the insults. They immediately leave the place as they can't stand on her.

"But it takes a true culinary artist to create a subtle taste, the barest hint of a sensation." Zesty Gourmand said proudly, "That's what I bring to Canterlot. That's art."

"Art?! You called food 'art?!" Warpath Tempest demanded in anger, "You must be a joke! You can't even tell which and how good the food is! You're no food expert. You're a damn cowardly and stupid bitch, who doesn't give a crap about real food!"

Zesty Gourmand groaned in anger, "How dare you?!"

"No, my uncle is right," Saber Dragoon said firmly and angrily, "What do you even know 'food'? It's always about you! Everyone have to cook exactly what you really want, not what they wanted for you to try. Just one look at restaurant and food, you turn your back on it because it's not your food! You don't deserve to be food expert!"

"Well, you catch on fast..." Zesty Gourmand said dryly before smirked, "yet slow for someone in the high society."

Everyone remained silent while watching the event of what happened next especially Shadow Dragon, who was in concern for his best friend.

Saber Dragoon scoffed in annoyance and anger, "And you're pale and thin, for someone who likes food."

Everyone gasped in shock and surprise while Zesty Gourmand remained firm and calm yet annoyed by comments while glaring at Saber Dragoon.

"Dude, that's deep..." Lemon Zest remarked in surprise.

"Listen carefully and listen well. I don't like food. I love it! And if I don't love it, I don't swallow..." Zesty Gourmand said dryly, "You maybe the prince, but this is not your kingdom. And therefore, you have no right to criticize my judgment unless the princesses agrees with you. When your father hear, he will displease of your behavior. And the kingdom will become laughingstock because of your personal belief."

Members of Dragoon Republic Kingdom looked in shock and concern of what they just heard. They became worry and feared of it.

Zesty Gourmand smiled, "And when I say this place is a failure, it's a failure. Give up. That's the advice. You might as well packed your things and gone back home for good. Goodnight..."

Zesty Gourmand left the restaurant, leaving everyone in the restaurant upset and disappointed.

At the outside, Saber Dragoon was looking at the night sky for the moment. He sighed in shame. He failed them miserably. He then recalled about something important. He took out a scroll from the bag. He recalled of it being given and instructed by Prime Minister Skysoar Intellect about opening it at the critical moment. Believing it's time, he opened and read it carefully and thoroughly. He looked yet gasped in surprise about it. He smiled while nodded proudly and happily.

They all now seated on the table. Coriander Cumin changed his suite back to his cultural robe. Tonight was not good for them.

"I really mess things up now," Warpath Tempest said in upset, "Brothers are gonna kill for this..."

"So are we, dad," Heavy said in upset, "We ruined everything..."

Terrastrike nodded, "Yes. We failed miserably."

"We are terribly ashamed of this," Rogue Dragoon, Sparkle Shield, Jasmine Jade and Kindy Dragon said in upset tone.

"I'm so embarrassed." Pinkie Pie said in upset.

Lemon Zest groaned while slammed on the table, "This is all for nothing. So unbelievable and not happening! We're so such sore losers now!"

Rarity nodded, "I don't know that there are words to adequately express how truly sorry we are."

"I guess I should have think first before I act," Saber Dragoon said in upset, "Because of me, this restaurant is gonna close down forever."

"Come on, guys," Shadow Dragon protested in concern, "You all did your best. Don't let Zesty beat you all down. She doesn't even know what she's talking about. And I believe you all were right about the food than she is. She's wrong."

"Enough with encouragement, Shadow Dragon. But I appreciate it," Coriander Cumin said in upset tone. He sighed, "The worst has happened. No use crying over spilt food now."

"Here." Saffron Masala said calmly as she brought the bowls of noodles before her father and friends, "This always cheered me up when I was younger."

Upon looking at the bowl, Coriander Cumin gasped, "My spicy flat-noodle soup!"

"One of my favorites!" Saber Dragoon and his family members exclaimed happily.

Everyone and even Shadow Dragon held the bowl of noodles in eating and drinking them happily and passionately. Both Rarity and Pinkie Pie stared at Shadow Dragon in shock and surprise. Noticed their looks, he turned and glared at them in annoyance.

"What?!" Shadow Dragon demanded in mouth full, "I like it. At least, it's not very spicy."

Saber Dragoon scoffed while eating his noodles, "Well, works for me. This is the best!"

"No kidding," Lemon Zest singsong happily, "This is one of my best! Spicy! Spicy! Spicy! Spicy, Baby! YEAH!"

"Oh, my! This is truly delightful!" Rarity remarked happily while sipping a spoon of soup.

Pinkie Pie nodded happily while licking her mouth, "Mmm, this is the best thing you've made so far! And I thought the food before was the best!"

"That's all I've ever wanted to do, father!" Saffron Masala said sadly yet happily while looking at Coriander Cumin, "Make food for the ponies of Canterlot like the food we made together when I was younger!"

Touched by his daughter's words, Coriander Cumin couldn't help but smiled, "It has been so long since we cooked together. Heh. Remember how you used to hide the ingredients you did not like?"

Both Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala laughed happily, making everyone awed and sighed of looking at the scene.

"I almost gonna cry about this," Terrastrike sniffled happily.

Heavy cried happily, "YES! Too beautiful!"

Warpath Tempest groaned in annoyance, "Gee. You two are real crybabies."

"You know what?" Rarity asked in realization while looking at the fancy restaurant guidance flashcards. Everyone looked at her. She continued while crunched and threw them aside, "Who cares what some stuffy unicorn thinks of the food here? It's exquisite as you all believed in!"

Pinkie Pie nodded in agreement, "That's true."

"And you don't need three silly hooves in your window to prove it."

"That's double true!" Lemon Zest exclaimed wildly.

"You just need ponies in here to give it a chance! Ponies that will tell everypony else in Canterlot that The Tasty Treat has the best food in the city!"

Everyone exclaimed proudly, "That's true times three!"

"But without Zesty's approval, nopony will even try our food!" Saffron Masala said in concern.

"Who cares about that food expert!" Warpath Tempest exclaimed in annoyance, "What does she know about food especially here?! She's a real bitch!"

"You're right, uncle. She maybe a critic," Saber Dragoon said calmly, "But she's not everypony. Ponies decide what they want and believe in about the food! And I'd say let them try and said it out loud!"

"YEAH!" Ace cheered, "For spicy food!"

"Yeah!" Saber Dragoon's family members exclaimed in agreement.

"You're all right. The ponies decides, not her," Rarity said in agreement and proudly, "We are the perfect team for this. We were just doing the wrong jobs! My team will go out and bring the crowd! Pinkie, your team stay here and make sure this place is every bit as unique and rustic as it was the moment we walked in!"

"YEAH, baby! Music to my ears!" Lemon Zest exclaimed wildly.

Heavy whistled wildly, "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

"Indeed," Terrastrike nodded in agreement, "Let's show them what Tasty Treat is really about!"

"And? What about us?" Coriander Cumin asked in concern.

"Is it obvious?" Shadow Dragon asked confidently, "You are going to cook! Make whatever you want, and make a lot of it! We're gonna bring a crowd! And Warpath Tempest will stay here to make sure the work goes well."

Warpath Tempest laughed happily, "Sounds like a good plan! What are we waiting for?!"

"ROCK AND ROLL TIME!" Lemon Zest exclaimed wildly and happily.


Just as they planned; Rarity and her team of Shadow Dragon, Rogue Dragoon, Terrastrike, Jasmine Jade and Kindy Dragon attracted the ponies to follow and join them at Tasty Treat by using celebrity status, spreading rumors and discussing with then. Pinkie Pie and her team remained behind as they renovated and decorated the Tasty Treat to the way it was. Lemon Zest prepared her music while Warpath Tempest stood outside guarding the restaurant. Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala prepared and cooked the food.


Moments have passed, everyone gathered at the restaurant while looking at it. The Tasty Treat is back to its original shape and culture. They could even smell the food's scent. They're ready...

"It's almost time! Is everypony ready for the grand re-re-opening?" Rarity asked.

Saffron Masala nodded, "Before we open, my father and I just wanted to say..." She smiled and bowed nobly, "Thank you for all of your help. We've both been so stressed about the restaurant succeeding that we forgot what it was we loved about it in the first place."

"Cooking is something we used to love to do together." Coriander Cumin said calmly yet proudly, "No matter what happens next, thank you for reminding us of that."

"Always pleasure to help," Shadow Dragon said calmly.

Saber Dragoon nodded, "Yeah. After all, we're all friends especially Ape Nation, Indian Ponies and Dragoon Republic Nation are allies since the old times. We will never abandoned it."

"YEAH!" Saber Dragoon's family members exclaimed proudly.

"Dude... This is so awesome," Lemon Zest sniffled happily, "I think I'm gonna cry!"

Pinkie Pie smiled, "Oh, you guys! Group hug!"

Everyone laughed happily as they gathered and gave a big group hug. They were glad that they make it out. They then departed from it.

"Okay, guys," Saber Dragoon said calmly while smiling as he pointed at the door, "Let's Wrap This Up!"

Everyone cheered wildly, "YEAH!"

Pinkie Pie opened the door at once. The ponies entered. They all awed and chatted in amazement and surprise of restaurant's appearance and interior designs. They immediately taken their seats and waited for their food.

Saber Dragoon smirked, "Let's Rev Up and Roll Out!"

"Roll out!" Ace cheered happily.

Pinkie Pie and Lemon Zest headed to the small stage as she played the Indian Soundtrack in CD Player while singing and dancing. Rogue Dragoon, Sparkle Shield, Jasmine Jade, Kindy Dragoon and even Warpath Tempest joined in as they danced gracefully and harmonically in Indian Dancing Style. Saber Dragoon, Shadow Dragon and Rarity helped and guided the ponies about Tasty Treat's food and drinks. Coriander Cumin, Saffron Masala, Terrastrike and Heavy brought and passed the food to the customers for eating.

Instead of his enthusiastic and grumpy greet, Coriander Cumin gave a warm greeting, "Welcome to The Tasty Treat! Make yourselves comfortable!"

Saffron Masala nodded happily, "Please, feel free to sample the food!"

From Tasty Treat's outside, Zesty Gourmand was walking across the streets until she heard some noise and smell a scent. She turned and looked at the restaurant while wondering of what's going on. She recalled as she claimed it 'failure' and yet she felt something amiss. As she entered it, she gasped in surprise of what she was looking at.

"What's this?! What is everypony doing here?!" Zesty Gourmand demanded in shock as she marched in, "This place has no hooves! It is not in keeping with the level of cuisine that I have set for Canterlot! Nopony told you this place was acceptable!"

Sweet Biscuit gulped as she answered, "Uh, Rarity and her friend said it was good? They told us!"

"They told you?" Zesty Gourmand demanded in anger, "And who are they to tell you anything?" She scoffed in annoyance, "Rarity can tell you what hats to wear with which skirts. Her friend can tell you how to maintain a tragic look for a frizzy mane. These Mystic Ponies can tell you how to fight senselessly and violently especially that brute, who is nothing but a drunkard fool! They can't tell you what food you can eat!"

Warpath Tempest groaned in anger as he was about to attack but stopped by the children. Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Shadow Dragon remained firm and steady while two Indian Ponies remained silent.

"You're right. We can't," Saber Dragoon said firmly. Everyone looked at him. He approached and gave her a firm glare, "And neither can you! Ponies decide what they want, not based on reviews or dirty printed hooves, but their willingness to try and embrace the true art of food!"

Shadow Dragon stood beside with his best friend, "It's not the ratings that makes restaurant special. It's the love of taste and flavor it has! And I support it and my best friend!"

Rarity stood before Zesty Gourmand, "Zesty, I have to be honest with you. All the restaurant that has three hooves ratings. They have nothing but empty tasteless and flavorless food I ever eat! They're horrible! Nothing compare to this! Zesty, You have very... specific..."

"And very strange! And very stupid!" Pinkie Pie and Lemon Zest added in.

"Yes, and very strange and stupid opinions about food, and that's your right." Rarity said calmly and firmly, "But just because you like your food a certain way, there is no reason to tell these ponies that they need to do the same!"

Saber Dragoon turned and looked at the ponies, "Customers and chefs of Canterlot! Tell me the truth! Would you rather cook food with your specialty and flavors or with emptiness?!" As ponies chatted in surprise, he continued his speech, "Because in my opinion, 'flavors beats emptiness'! Zesty is wrong about the cook! She rated the food for herself, not for you all! Because she never try anything or anyone's but hers alone! And that's why you've been forced to do this! Is this what you really wanted?!"

"NO!" Burly Unicorn exclaimed as he stood up firmly, "You are right, Saber! I for one think the food here is delicious! I own The Smoked Oat on Restaurant Row; I hate the food we make for Zesty! From now on, it's all smoked, basted, and grilled! I don't care if ratings drop or not! Flavors beat emptiness!"

Matronly Pony nodded in agreement, "This food is an inspiration! I own The Bake Stop. I'm going to bake my mother's bundt cake the way she made it – full of flavor! Flavors beat emptiness!"

The crowd cheered wildly and happily, "Flavors beat emptiness! Flavors beat emptiness! Flavors beat emptiness! Flavors beat emptiness!"

Shocked by the crowd's response and cheers, Zesty Gourmand couldn't believe it of what she was looking and hearing. These ponies are willing to abandon her recipe and chose to make theirs.

"Zesty, are you sure you wouldn't like to try the food?" Rarity asked in amusement.

Shadow Dragon nodded and smirked, "Yeah. It's bad to ignore a unique and fresh establishment like this. It could do serious damage to your social standing."

Everyone gave their sly and amusing looks at her. She was in shock yet annoyed about it. She huffed in annoyance. Zesty Gourmand immediately and was about to leave the building. Warpath Tempest rushed as he roared and shouted like a mighty lion. Lemon Zest, Heavy and Terrastrike joined in as well.

"FLAVORS BEAT EMPTINESS, YOU COWARDLY BITCH! GET OUT!"

Zesty Gourmand screamed in fear as she quickly leave at once. With her gone, the crowd went wild.

"Thank you so much!" Saffron Masala said happily yet relief. She turned and looked at both Terrastrike and Heavy. She gave them a passionate kiss on their cheeks, "Especially you two. You both are really wonderful!"

Touching the spot of kiss on their cheeks, Terrastrike and Heavy sighed happily while falling down on the back. Saber Dragoon's family members sighed in annoyance while shaking their heads. Warpath Tempest chuckled in amusement.

Coriander Cumin smiled and bowed before Rarity and her friends, "You all are truly amazing."

"I for once agree," Rarity said proudly as she turned to Saber Dragoon, "That's quite remarked inspired speech you have. I'm truly inspired."

Shadow Dragon smirked, "Seriously? Where did you come up with the ideas?"

"I didn't," Saber Dragoon said in amusement as he gave the scroll to his friends, "It's Prime Minister's. He predicted the event and told me exactly what we did for whole day. So, he told me to rally the ponies to rise up and challenge Zesty Gourmand's criticism. This give back ponies, not only their honor, but their true passion of cook. And we did it."

"And I'd say," Shadow Dragon smirked, "Booyah."

Lemon Zest snorted and laughed, "That's so cool!"

"Hey, Zeek," Pinkie Pie asked happily. Lemon Zest turned and looked at her, "I was wondering if you would like to work for Sugarcube Corner. Mr. and Mrs. Cake really need some help because I've always gone out with my friends for hanging out, playing and partying and saving the world business. Plus, your music would make awesome for everypony to have fun!" She sighed, "And of course, I can't do that because you work for Tasty Treat."

"Seriously?" Lemon Zest asked in amusement. She giggled happily, "I'm freelancer, Pinky. And plus, I'd be happy to work for ya! Coz everypony loved music! Thanks!"

"Not a problem!" Pinkie Pie said happily. Noticed hers and Rarity's Cutie Marks glowed brightly, she smiled happily as she knew one thing, "Nothing can stop the dynamic team of Mane Eight and Dragon Strike Force!"

"That's something we agree about," Saber Dragoon said in amusement, "Case Closed!"

"GROUP HUG!"

Saber Dragoon and Shadow Dragon yelped in concern. And just before they could do anything, Warpath Tempest charged, grabbed and held all of his family members, Shadow Dragon, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Lemon Zest tightly yet passionately. They all screamed in pain yet happily.

The ponies chatted happily while enjoying their dinner and supper. Tonight is the moment they will never forget...

END...

Review and Suggest...

Main Casts:
Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy
Will Friedle: Saber Dragoon
Matt Lanter: Shadow Dragon
Shannon Chan-Kent: Lemon Zest, Pinkie Pie's Singing Voice

Minor Casts:
Diana Kaarina: Saffron Masala, Burly Unicorn
Lee Tocker: Coriander Cumin
Johnny Young Bosch: Heavy
Ben Pronsky: Terrastrike
Nancy Cartwright: Ace the Nake Mole Rat
Steve Kremar: Warpath Tempest
Bryce Papenbrook: Rogue Dragoon
Steve Stanley: Kindy Dragon
Stephanie Sheh: Jasmine Jade Dragoon
Fiona Hogan: Zesty Gourmand

Cameo:
Kazumi Evans: Rarity's Singing Voice
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Rebecca Shoichet: Sunset Shimmer
Kelly Sheriden: Starlight Glimmer
Cathy Weseluck: Spike, Matronly Pony
Ashleigh Ball: Rainbow Dash
Jim Miller: Chargrill Breadwinner
Enid-Raye Adams: Orange Slice

Author's Note:

1) This episode served the connection to JusSonic's MLP Universe except Pinkie Pie has known Lemon Zest from 'Five New Arrivals'.

2) 'Best of Both Worlds' is based on Hannah Montana's Opening Intro.

3) Originally, Skysoar Intellect was suppose to appear in this story as the mysterious pony who enjoyed Tasty Treat until the end, he revealed himself and humiliated Zesty Gourmand for unable to try anything but demanding her own taste of restaurant especially media chased and questioned her. But I felt there is no purpose for him to do during this episode.

4) Next Episode 12.5 - The Heart of Nature.