• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 9,551 Views, 114 Comments

Ponyville Sunlight - RS-Belle14



Sunset Shimmer finally crosses the portal to Equestria to visit her friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is very excited to show Sunset around town.

  • ...
19
 114
 9,551

Glad to be back

Any second now. Princess Twilight Sparkle thought as she anxiously paced back and forth around her library, circling the interdimensional portal she had created. She's just running a little tardy, Twilight. She'll be here soon. No need to be concerned. Not everypony can be as punctual as you are. Just be patient. Twilight breathed out. Oh, why do you always have to make me wait, Sunset? Twilight continued to trot around the portal, worrying the library's other two occupants.

"I don't think I've ever seen her this nervous before," Starlight Glimmer whispered to Spike. "Do you think we should go calm her down?"

"No, wait it out. This is just her routine excitement phase. If she starts twitching and tries to cast spells on stuffed dolls, then we'll step in."

"Uh...Stuffed dolls?"

"It was this thing about sending a friendship letter to Princess Celestia every week, and it was about to be late, and it really bothered Twilight. Like, really bothered her," Spike shivered."It got really out of hoof. Just trust me on this."

Starlight slowly nodded. "Ooookay?"

The trio resumed waiting, hoping for Twilight's visitor to emerge from the portal. Moments passed and still nothing. The library grew increasingly silent as time went on. Twilight's hoofsteps began to echo throughout the library, making Spike and Starlight even more concerned. The clock continued ticking until finally, the portal's glass began to ripple with a bright light shining off its surface.

The portal's sudden activity made Twilight smile brighter than the light it was emitting. Finally!

Just as quickly as it arrived, the light faded away to reveal the orange unicorn, Sunset Shimmer, struggling to stand on her two hind legs. "Whoa..."

"Sunset!" Twilight galloped to her newly arrived friend. "You're here!"

"Am I?" Sunset dizzyingly asked. "I can't really tell. My eyes are still spinning," Sunset dropped down to all four and began to gag. "Ugh. I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Sunset, it's me!" Twilight hopped. "Twilight!"

"Twilight?" Sunset collected her senses and finally noticed the smiling pony standing before her. "Twilight!" Sunset wrapped her forelegs around Twilight's neck. "Oh Twilight, it's so good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too, Sunset!" Twilight hugged back. "How have you been?"

"Good. How about you?"

"Good," Twilight answered. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too. I'm so sorry for the wait."

"It's okay," Twilight snuggled on Sunset's shoulder. "You're here now."

"Yeah," Sunset leaned in. "I am."

Twilight and Sunset stood in each other's warm embrace, relishing in their long awaited reunion. Neither of them made any attempt to separate from the other. They had been waiting for this moment for some time now, and they were going to enjoy it for as long as they could.

Of course, their moment couldn't last for too long. After all, there were others looking forward to Sunset's visit than just Twilight.

"Hey, Sunset!" Spike called out.

Sunset broke away from Twilight to see a little dragon running up to her. "What the...Spike?"

"Hiya, Sunset," Spike stopped in front of two ponies. "Long time, no see."

."Hehehe...Yeah," Sunset nervously chuckled. "No kidding."

"Uh..." Spike checked his scales for blueberry stains and sniffed his breath to see if it still smelled like that morning's hay and cheese biscuit. "Something wrong, Sunset?"

"What?" Sunset returned to reality. "No. Why?"

"You're just staring at me," Spike answered.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Spike. It's just..." Sunset studied Spike's current form and gave a small giggle. "I barely recognize you."

"Whaaat?" Spike slicked back his head spikes. "How could you ever not recognize such a dashing, debonair dragon like yours truly?" Spike gave Sunset two claws up with a little wink.

"Haha," That's Spike all right. "Well, I'm sorry, handsome. I've just gotten so used to seeing you on the other side that I almost forgot you even are a dragon."

"Hehe. Don't worry. I get it," Spike took a good look at Sunset. "I almost forgot what you look like as a pony. Not bad, if I may say so."

"Huh?" Spike's words struck realization into Sunset's head. Did he just say I'm a... Sunset immediately directed her attention down toward her hooves. My hands, my fingers...they're gone. A smile slowly began to form on Sunset's face. "Hey...Y-You're right," Sunset peeked over her shoulder. I have a tail. She looked up at her forehead. And my horn's back, too! "Spike, you're right! I'm a unicorn!" Sunset began hopping. "I-I'm a pony again!"

Twilight happily nodded. "You sure are."

"Look at me! I'm me! It's been so long, I almost forgot how this feels!"

Spike chuckled. "Take it easy, Sunset. You're starting act like Pinkie Pie."

"Just look at me!" Sunset didn't appear to listen. "Hooves, horn, magic!" A cyan glow enveloped around Sunset's horn. "I got my magic back!" She sang.

"That's wonderful, Sunset," Twilight said. "But maybe you should slow down a-"

"What spell should I do first?! Vegetation growth? Vocal enhancement?! No, wait!" Sunset disappeared in a cyan flash of light and reappeared behind Twilight. "Teleportation! Oh, it feels so good to do that again."

"Wow. That's-"

"You see me here," Sunset vanished again. "Now, I'm here!" She hollered from atop a bookshelf. "And now..." Sunset disappeared again. "Here!" Sunset continued her vanishing act by reappearing under a table, and then beside the portal, then the window sill, the library door, and so on.

"And here!" Well, that was the last of Sunset's teleportation spells. In her excitement, Sunset had unintentionally apparated to the other side of the library, standing uncomfortably close to a purple unicorn she did not know.

"Uh...Hello there," Sunset awkwardly greeted.

"...Hi."

Um...Maybe I did go just a tad overboard. "I am so sorry," Sunset stepped back. "I guess got a little excited there. I didn't mean to bother you, Miss."

"It's all right," She assured. "It was actually pretty impressive. I've only ever seen Twilight and myself perform a teleportation spell. You're definitely as good with magic as Twilight says you are."

"Huh?" Wait...A purple unicorn with a highlighted mane and a cutie mark in magic. She must be- "Hey, you're Starlight Glimmer, aren't you?"

"That's me," Starlight nodded. "Twilight has told me a lot about you and your adventures together. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Sunset Shimmer," Starlight held out her hoof.

"The pleasure's mine," Sunset happily shook Starlight's hoof. "Twilight's told me a lot about you, too. By the sound of things, you're not too bad with magic, yourself."

"Haha. Oh, I just try my best."

"Come on, don't be modest. I've heard of some of the spells you can do, and I must say, I am impressed."

"Really?"

"Really. In fact, you might almost be as good as I am," Sunset teased.

"Ha. I see Twilight wasn't exaggerating about your sense of humor, neither."

"Heh. So Twilight's been telling you a lot about me, huh?" Sunset took a quick glance at Twilight and raised her eyebrow at Starlight. "Mind telling everything she's said?"

"Hmm," Starlight tapped her chin. "I don't think she would appreciate that very much," She giggled.

"Hehe. Well, I tried," Sunset shrugged. "So, you're Twilight's protégé, right? How are your lessons going? I hope Twilight hasn't been giving you too much trouble."

"Haha. They're going fine. Along with a few spells, Twilight's primarily been teaching me about friendship. I'm still new to the concept, but I think I'm progressing nicely. And no, Twilight isn't too overbearing...all the time. Haha," Starlight leaned in with a little smile. "It's really only when she does one of her friendship speeches," She whispered.

Sunset giggled. "Tell me about it. I like a good friendship lesson as much as the next pony, but Twilight just has so many of them, and they're all speeches! I know she's the Princess of Friendship but come on. I love Twilight, but half of her messages to me don't have to be about the moral of the week," Sunset and Starlight shared a laugh.

"Did somepony say my name?" Twilight trotted in with a bit of a pout.

"Uh, yes," Sunset answered. "Starlight here was just telling me about how amazing of a teacher you are."

"Really now?" Twilight gave the two unicorns a suspicious look. "Because from the distance, it almost sounded like you two were mocking me."

"What? Noooo," Sunset playfully shook her head. "We would never do that. Starlight and I were just comparing friendship lessons you've given us."

"Hmm," Twilight raised her eyebrow. "I don't think I believe you, Sunset. Actually, I'm sure of it. I don't believe you, not for one second. But..." Twilight's pout turned to a smile. "I'm really glad to see you two are getting along."

"Ha. Hey, what's that supposed mean?" Sunset chuckled. "You thought we wouldn't?"

"Oh no, I didn't think that. It's just...I don't know. I've told you two a lot about each other, but I wasn't sure how you two would react to actually meeting each other."

"Hey, don't worry about it," Sunset assured. "You've met a lot of ponies during your time, Twilight, some good, some bad. When we first met, I wouldn't have labeled myself as good, but you still gave me a chance, and well...here we are," Sunset winked. "If you trust Starlight enough to take her in and make her your pupil, then I trust her, too. She's all right with me."

Twilight smiled. "Thank you, Sunset."

Starlight stepped in. "And I've been wanting to meet Sunset ever since you first told me about her. She sounds like a really interesting pony, and if you trust Sunset Shimmer enough to be your lover, she must really special."

Both Twilight's and Sunset's faces turned red from hearing Starlight's comment. There was a brief pause before Sunset turned her attention to Twilight.

"Her...lover?" Sunset spoke in a very flirty manner. "Just what exactly have you been telling your friends happened during our little holiday?"

"All I said was we explored the city and went for a swim! Honest!" Twilight blabbered.

"Didn't you two also kiss?"

"Starlight!" Twilight squealed.

"Haha. Whoa, take it easy, Twilight," Sunset began. "I was just teasing. I know you wouldn't spread rumors about me like that. Besides," Sunset snuggled her head under Twilight's neck. "I'm pretty sure we did kiss."

"Yeah," Twilight leaned over Sunset's head. "We did," She then eyed her student. "But that's all we did, Starlight. We're not lovers just yet."

"Oooh," Starlight giggled. "Excuse me. It's just from where you left off your story, I thought you two might've-"

"Hey! You guys can't just leave me behind like that," Spike jumped in. "Now, what were we talking about here? What did you think Twilight and Sunset did, Starlight?"

The three mares nervously glanced at each other and answered with a quick and simultaneous "Nothing."

"Nothing? What do you mean-"

"Sooo Sunset!" Twilight interrupted. "Now that we got all of the formal introductions out of the way, how about we move on to our plans for today? I have the entire day planned out, and I think you're going to like it," The look in Twilight's eyes insisted they move on.

"Uh, sure!" Sunset agreed. "Sounds good to me."

"Great," Twilight grabbed Sunset's hoof and pulled her toward the library's exit. "Let's get going."

Spike snickered. "Oh, I see what's going on here now."

"What?!" Twilight blushed.

"Somepony really wants to runoff with Sunset."

"Oh...Right," Thank Celestia. "Of course."

"Can't fool me, Twilight. Well, you two have fun then."

"Thank you, Spike," Twilight replied.

"Wait," Sunset paused. "Aren't you and Starlight coming with us?"

"Nah," Spike shrugged. "Starlight and I have some things to do. Besides," Spike smirked. "I'm pretty sure Twilight would prefer to have you for herself for a while," Sunset blushed. "Don't worry. We'll meet up later."

"Are you sure?"

Starlight trotted in. "We're sure. You two have fun," She smiled.

"All right," Sunset turned around. "I'm ready, Twilight."

"Okay," Twilight led Sunset toward the exit. "Goodbye!"

"Bye!" Sunset added.

"See ya!"

"Bye!" Starlight waved as Twilight and Sunset left. "I like her."

"Yeah, Sunset's pretty cool."

"For sure. I hope I get another chance to talk her more later."

"I'm pretty sure you will," Spike began to walk away. "Come on. Twilight will get upset if we don't finish everything before they get back."

"Coming," Starlight followed.

~End Chapter~

Author's Note:

And so it begins. I wonder what Twilight has planned for Sunset? :rainbowhuh: