• ...
3
 7
 925

chapter 1

My eyes slowly opened up, nothingness was there to greet them. In the very dim light there was not much in the room I was in. I slowly picked myself up off the floor and groaned. It looked like I was in a prison cell, but where? I looked around a bit more and come to a conclusion, I'm screwed. I yelled out to see if I could grab the attention of some one.

"The creature is awake, get the Princess now!" I heard a loud gruff voice come from the corridor. Moments later I saw a door open at the end of the hall and the path lit up brightly. I could hear the loud clopping of hooves? Now my curiosity has been perked. I looked up at the door to my cell and saw two big horses, both of which had horns and wings. I looked at them with curiosity, hoping this was just a dream.

"Who and what are you?" The smaller blue horse said. "I demand an answer." I could tell that she didn't have any patience at all. But before I could speak the other horse, whom was taller and white spoke first.

"Sister, don't be so hasty. Lets give him a chance to adjust." Her voice was softer than the blue horse's. She looked at me in the eyes, they were soft and filled with kindness, but also had confusion hidden behind the mask. "I am Princess Celestia, and this here is my sister Princess Luna. We are the rulers of Equestria, the land that you had mysteriously appear in." Her stare hadn't wavered. I slowly walked over to the door.

I cleared my throat and began to speak. "I'm Ryan. I am a Human, and you are.. well what exactly are you?" I blatantly said. The blue mare glared at me, which only rewarded her a glared from her sister.

"Don't mind her, she is just a little agitated. But to answer your question we are ponies, alicorns to be exact. That is all the information I will give you until we get more from you." She gave me a small smile and a look of kindness. I smiled back, but hesitated.

"Well, first can I get out of here? I don't like being locked up like a an animal in the zoo. After we go somewhere else I'll gladly answer all your questions to the best of my ability." I just gave her a small hurried look to tell her that I was uncomfortable with this prison setting. She nodded and motions for a guard to come over and open the gate. As the gate opened I slowly walked, well limped as my left leg was still injured, and held out my hand, palm facing upward to show peace. The white Princess put her hoof in my hand and I bowed slightly to show respect. "Well, I'll follow right beside you." She nodded again and began walking forward, I walked right beside her, silently. I could feel a cold stare from her sister in the back of my head, this should be good, I thought to myself.

After a few minutes of walking, and me trying to limp my way to the destination. Celestia asked me if I would like her help from her wing. Obviously I declined, not wanting to get anymore attention than I already had. When we finally made it to our destination it was a small, but well lit room. It had two very comfortable seats, for the two princesses, and a few plush pillows on the floor. I assumed it was a common room in the Palace, so I just sat myself on one of the pillows. The two princesses took their places and then the interrogation began.

Clestia smiled at me and began speaking. "So you are a human? I've never heard of your species before, tell me where do you come from?"

"Well, I come from a planet called Earth." At the sound of the name both the Princesses looked at each other. "what?"

Luna looked at me like i was insane. "This is Earth" Now it was my turn to look at them like they wee crazy.

"Well, that can't be possible." I could feel my body tense up.

"Well, I think there can be a perfectly good explanation for that." Celestia spoke out. "Tell me, what do you remember before you woke up here." She just gave me a flat look, knowing what to expect.

"Um, well. I was in this secret military facility deep underground. They were experimenting with intergalactic space travel and warp drives, until it malfunctioned." My eyes went wide, maybe that is what happened. "I guess it distorted the fabric of space and ripped open a hole. Huh, well I guess that explains why I'm in a different plane." I sighed heavily.

"Yes, well, I have a question." I looked over at the blue colored Princess. "What galaxy do you reside in?" I flinched back, in shock of the random question.

"Uh, the Milky Way galaxy." I retorted. Then shock came across her face.

"Well, we live in the Milky Way Galaxy, so a wormhole probably opened up and sent you through to a parallel universe." Her expression went back to the normal glare. I just sat there, not knowing what to expect next.

"Since, you are not in the same universe." Celestia said and then turned towards her sister. "I think we should let him stay here from a while we figure out a way to get back to his home." Luna then looked at her sister.

"What? How are you so quick to trust him?" She was shocked from her sister's comment.

"I don't trust him yet nor do I know him well enough to, but I think we should at least help him get back to his home. It was a accident after all." Celestia put her hoof on Luna's shoulder to calm her down.

"I.. I guess your right." Luna looked at me. "We... uh, I would like to apologize for being harsh thus far with you. I should have given you a chance as my sister has." Her eyes softened, she seemed to have calmed down. I got up from where I was and offered her my hand. She placed her hoof into my hand and I shook it, but a little hesitantly. She looked and me and gave a small smile to reassure me.

I sat back down onto the the pillows and continued the conversation. "So, what is going to happen now?"

"Well, it will take some time and a lot of research for us to help you." Celestia stated. "I do not know how long this will take, and if it will even work. But in the mean time you will be a guest at the castle. You will have to have a guard to be with you at all times, so we know our land is safe. Only for precautions and extra safety measures." She gave me a piercing stare, probably to push any thoughts of actions I would regret. I just nodded in agreement, looking at how much bigger she was than I and the fact that she had a horn and wings pretty much told me she could easily best me in a fight.

"So, um. Since I'll be a guest here I guess I'll be getting a room right? Oh and did you happen to confiscate my items I had when I arrived into this world?" I chocked out the words and slowly bringing up my belongings. "There was some important materials in there that I would like to check, also if you have any questions about what they are I could show or tell you." I blankly stared at both of them.

"Of course" Luna nodded. Her horn began to glow a midnight blue color and a large wooden container floated over to me and landed on the ground with a soft thud. I warily looked at the container than over to Luna.

"What in the world was that? Did you just levitate this box over to me?" My mouth agape, trying to figure out what has just occurred. "Your horn, it glowed."

"As did the box." Luna added. "Us alicorns, and unicorns in this world can use magic. Levitation spells like that are very basic for us." I just sat there staring at the box and then back at Luna in sheer awe.

"Magic does not exist in my world, or at least of what us humans know." I reached out and opened the top and looked in. In there sat a medium sized black back pack, a canteen, and my standard issue M4 rifle. I grabbed each item and placed them next to me, carefully unloading the rifle. "Everything seems to be here, glad you took care of everything." A small smile crossed my face as Luna and Celestia smiled at me.

"Now, we shall take you to your guest room. But before we leave, I want to ask you what you did to that object right there." Celestia spoke out, pointing to unloaded rifle sitting next to me. At that time I could feel my body begin to warm. It felt hot in the room as I started to sweat. My hands shook as I grabbed the rifle.

"Well." I coughed and cleared my throat. "This is, uh, well it's a weapon and what I did was remove the ammunition." My hands began to shake some more as I could feel Celestia's stare bore into me. "Don't worry, it cannot harm anyone in the state it is in now. I could also dismantle it and let you dispose of it." My the firearm slipped from my hands from the extensive amount of sweat and hit the floor with a loud thud. Celestia's stare still bored into me as Luna searched over me.

"I would wish for you to rid this world of it. Us ponies do not use such devices of death." Her voice was stern and cold. Her horn glowed golden yellow and floated the firearm in front of her. She closed her eyes and the metal off the gun began to glow red hot and then melted. It was then formed into a small ball of molten metal. Celestia opened her eyes and cooled the ball of metal and then dropped it in front of me. "Now since that is gone we can take care of your place in the castle." She looked over at her sister. "Sister would you please get the two guards and the maids and inform them of our guest." Luna nodded and left the room, leaving me and Celestia. She turned back to me and smiled, her eyes showing compassion and sympathy. "You will be staying in the guest room close to my study. Now if you don't mind we must be heading there now." She stood up and walked in front of me.

"Um, yeah. Let's get going." My voice trailed off. I was still in shock of what I just witnessed. I picked up my bag and canteen and followed the Princess.

We walked for what seemed like hours, but it was only minutes, through the massive halls of the castle. After about ten minutes we came to a large double door into a small hallway off from the main hall. "This is your room for your time here. Make yourself at home and do not worry, me and my sister will find a way for you to get home." She gave me a reassuring smile that, deep down, made me feel better.

I pushed open the door to see Luna and the maids preparing the room. "Thank you Celestia and Luna. I guess I'll be here most of the time." I gave a small laugh and entered the room and placed my belongings next to the bed. " I do have one question, Can I get some extra clothes? I'm going to need some if i'll be staying here for a while." Celestia nodded.

"I will send a tailor to you to get your measurements, and I will send a guard to get you when dinner is ready." She looked over to her sister. "You must excuse us now, we have to perform our royal duties. Please make yourself comfortable." I looked at her and her sister curiously and decided not to question it. I bowed my head as they left and thanked them once again. Once they were out of the room and the doors were closed I sighed to myself.

"Well, here you are. In a strange land, alone, the only human in existence in this world." I could feel my spirit dwindle as I realized how lonely I actually was. I was not trusted, nor did anyone know me. The two princesses were the only ones who knew me. I sighed deeply again and suppressed the welling sadness in my mind. Minutes had passed when a soft knock on the door was heard.

"Sir? I am the tailor, the Princess told me to come here." The door slowly creaked open, a small light brown unicorn mare walked in. She had a measuring tape around her neck and a notepad floating in front of her. "She said that you needed new clothing?"

"Oh, uh, yes." I lazily looked at her. "Did not expect to see you so soon though." She looked me over in shock. I guess seeing a different creature like me was definitely a surprise. I gave a small smile and told her not to worry. At that she seemed to relax a bit and then too my measurements.

"I.. I will have." her voice trailed off, she then cleared her throat. "I will have your clothes done as soon as possible." She quickly ran off and closed the door behind her. I thought to myself on what just happened.

"Well it can't get any worse than this, I guess." I looked at the bed at the far corner of the room and then out the window. The sun had began to set, it's orange glow giving me a warm familiar feeling. Soon I could fatigue enter my limbs and body, coaxing me to sleep even though I had not eaten anything yet. I walked over to the bed and jumped on it, surprisingly hitting it with a soft thud as I sunk into the soft material. Feeling the loneliness sink in again I decided it was a good time to just sleep it off. Feeling myself drift into slumber I decided not to care anymore and try to make the best of what I could.

A/N uh yeah, This is just something I thought of to stray from other HiE fics.

I would also like to thank TwilightClopple for basically reassuring me that I can finish this, I for one thought it was just a bad thing and was going to scrap it. If not for her I probably would just not write at all.

Lastly, enjoy? Comment or help or whatever.