• Published 20th Jul 2016
  • 2,858 Views, 146 Comments

Last Week Tonight with Discord - FrostTheWolf



It was suggested to Discord that he should consider taking up a hobby. However, nopony expected him to come up with something like this... Or the shenanigans that will result from it.

  • ...
8
 146
 2,858

Episode 15: New friends and a Capper

It was just a few days after his most recent episode to kick off what Discord described as ‘Season 2’ of Last Week Tonight and before he could even be able to get himself all focused up the main subject that he was wanting to cover tonight… something big happened in regards to Twilight’s school. More importantly, somepony trying to shut it down. And when Discord actually looked into the matter, everything that he happened to find out about it was straight out amazing. Especially since the actions of the pony who tried having it shut down made what Blueblood try to do look like child’s play.

So with that in mind… and a new suit that looked to come from some sci-fi movie about a stallion named Buckaroo traveling through an 8th dimension, he addressed the crowd that was waiting for him. “Welcome, Welcome to Last Week Tonight! I am your host Discord and we have a lot in store for you tonight. But before we get to our main story, we have something else to discuss regarding school… the reason why all students want for vacation to be longer and if you don’t, then you’re lying to yourself.”

That was followed by a loud uproar of laughter from the audience as the draconequus prepared to speak again. “Last week, we mentioned how Twilight’s school was beginning to start off… and I would like to mention that things are looking much better than anticipated… But, on the day when the school was going to open… this happened.”


It was an act that many ponies and many creatures who were getting ready to go to school at Princess Twilight’s academy that was crossing a line. The head of the EEA, the Equestrian Education Association, threatening to shut down the entire school because he strongly believes that other creatures like Griffons, Yaks, Hippogriffs, Dragons, and Changelings have no capacity for learning Friendship.


Several members in the crowd booed at that as an image of the stallion in question was shown to the left of Discord. “Yes… Twilight’s school of Friendship and Inclusion was almost shut down by this guy, Chancellor Neighsay… A pony who would answer the question ‘What if an all powerful and strange cosmic wizard was also a racist asshole?’,” He said, which got several ponies laughing at that. “Or for that matter… a pony who sounds like a mouse with the brain of a genius, but is also bat shit insane.” The picture on the left changed again to the one that Discord just described as more laughter came up.

“So, this guy is a part of the Equestrian Education Association… an organization that is in charge of the majority of public schools across that of Equestria, but have also come under fire for how they treated particular species… But, going out of their way to try to shut down this was completely ballsy of Neighsay… as it was also rather stupid,” The Spirit of Chaos explained to her. “Because as it turns out… Twilight’s school is not a public school. It’s a private academy that’s part of the same organization as is Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Meaning this guy is trying to do an act that he can’t perform because it’s not in his own jurisdiction.”

Then, came the time for Discord to try and explain it the best way he can. “It’s like if someone from the Royal Guard was trying to order around the guards in the Crystal Empire, even though he’s in charge of the ones in Canterlot… That’s completely outside of the only job you were given.” That was followed by a single pony demanding orders from everypony else there… even though no one was really caring about it.

“But one of the things that this incident shows is the fact that Equestria… came so close to losing some of it’s important allies in just the span of a day because of this f*ck up from a pony who was trying to do something that he can’t actually do. Twilight and her friends spent years forging the relationships between other species like Yaks, Dragons and most recently, the hippogriffs.” Discord added on, before adding one more thing. “I would include the Abyssinians, but they were too busy playing around with a ball of yarn backstage while our camera guy was getting pictures of everyone.”

That showed a picture of a native from Abyssinia playing with a ball of yarn while holding onto a fish in their mouth. “So for tonight, our main story is going to be about Equestria… but more specifically, it’s newly formed relationships with creatures outside of Equestria after the Friendship Festival. Because a few of the creatures that were there at Twilight’s school during the time were there because of new alliances between other countries after a yeti went on a domination crazed rampage.”

Some more laughs were heard from the crowd at that before Discord began to mention something else surprising. “And this isn’t just relationships with diplomats either… when the Storm King was causing problems, it turns out… and this is true, they befriended a Abyssinian Con Artist and ‘Gentlecat’ as well as this.”


One of the allies that Twilight Sparkle and her friends met on their journey to stop the Storm King was Captain Celaeno, the leader of a group of Parrot Pirates from the country of Ornithia, on board their ship… the Rainbow Falcon.


“It’s true…” Discord said, even though he couldn’t believe it at first, along with some of the audience. “One of the new allies and friends is a pirate captain with a crystal peg leg… and incidentally, Spike tried taking a bite out of that during the end credits.” He then put up an image of Spike trying to take a bite out of Celaeno’s leg.

“But if I may ask… is it wrong to say that it’s stereotypical for Parrots to be Pirates? Because I half expected for a member of that crew to be annoying somepony along the lines of asking for crackers.” That was followed by an image of what looked like the parrots of Celaeno’s crew annoying Applejack about the subject before he dismissed it. “But this is partly the reason why trying to do something like what Chancellor Neighsay wanted to do with the school of friendship so problematic… because just from his actions alone, he’s basically almost had all of our allies, including that pirate crew, declare war on us. And from that, we would be extremely outnumbered. Even if we tried cloning the royal guard using the mirror pool that Pinkie Pie stumbled upon back in Season 3, we would still not be able to stand a f**king chance!! And remember, their best academy for target practice is 3 out of 10!”

The room erupted in a series of laughs upon Discord referencing that from his first ever episode as he looked back at the crowd. “More importantly though… More importantly, some of our relationships with allies come at a point where the relationships that were forged were during times that were rather tense. Like the Yaks with Prince Rutherford, or the dragons with Dragon Lord Ember… or the Hippogriffs, who’s leader seems to be more possessive over pearls than when Rarity wants to make a purchase of pearls for a new line of dress wear.”

A new scene was shown with Rarity and Queen Novo getting in an argument/fight over a collection of pearls in the middle of a room while Celestia, Twilight, and a few others were watching. “But that’s not entirely the point… many of these relationships, including the most newest ones from after the Storm King Incident, are vitally important. Including Tempest Shadow, a pony who was originally on the side of the Storm King until she realized that he was using her and felt betrayed. She was given a second chance by the same ponies that she had encased in stone once and now serves as Twilight’s bodyguard.”

That was… before he let out a deep breath and then said something important. “And the reason why I know how important these relationships are… is because I recently had the privilege to interview each one of them,” He said, counting them off with his eagle claw as the entire crowd began to cheer. “Tempest Shadow, Captain Celaeno, Princess Skystar alongside her mother Queen Novo as well as Capper, the Abyssinian Gentlecat. They all believe that these international relationships with Equestria are important… but I’m going to let them tell you for yourself.”


Interview #1- Tempest Shadow

“Thank you for coming,” Discord spoke up, shaking the hoof of Tempest Shadow before providing a seat for her in the home that the Draconequus lived at while Fluttershy was away getting groceries at the market. “I’ve heard a lot about you recently, Ms. Shadow.”

“So have I… Discord, right?” The unicorn and former commander for the Storm King replied back. “I have a few questions, but to start… I’m a little unfamiliar with the purpose of this meeting. Is it something regarding Twilight’s security?”

“No no, it’s nothing like that,” The spirit of chaos explained to her. “You see, I have a talk show called ‘Last Week Tonight’, where I talk about current things going on in Equestria and such. Since my newest topic is about international affairs and also talking about some of the things that happened during the Friendship Festival, I thought I could ask you a few questions since you were there.”

“Does… this have to do with that Chancellor pony who got banned from the grounds of Twilight’s school for being racist against other creatures?” She then asked him.

“That’s only a small part of it,” Discord told her as he began to look through his own notes. “Anyways though… where to start…”

“How about I ask you a question instead…” Tempest replied back, before looking back at her. “Where were you during the whole Friendship Festival incident?”

That had Discord blink for a moment, before raising an eyebrow. “Um… Well, I told Celestia that I was taking a vacation and she… oddly approved of it before trying to rush me out of Canterlot. Why?”

“Well, I think I recall Fluttershy calling out to you for help at one point during the whole ordeal and I just find it weird that for somepony who’s all over the place to not be there when his friends are in need of help.” At that point, Discord stopped for a minute, before taking his paw and having the thumb of it pointed up and the Pinky pointed outward. Before pressing the center and hearing something from it.

You have one new voicemail from Fluttershy…

DISCORD, HELP US!! WHERE ARE YOU?!

End of message-” Before Discord could hear anymore of it, he decided to slap the paw with his talon and end the call… before several additional messages played alongside it.

“Okay, this is the reason why I am not renewing my contract with Neigh T&T,” The spirit of chaos groaned, before looking back at Tempest. “Sorry about that…” She gave a curious look.

“Right… and what about the other races? The dragons, Changelings, and yaks? Where were they? And better yet, where was the Canterlot guard!? I don't want to sound even more mean than I am, but having no guards around a festival is stupid and the Storm King deserved that victory on a silver platter. … Celestia and Luna aren't going to see this, are they?”

“I would think that the move was supposed to be for a peaceful festival,” Discord told her. “But again, not having the guard around is stupid… Also, Celestia and Luna have both been a part of this respectively, so… you’re free to speak your mind. Speaking of which…”

Discord then moved a couple of sheets before reciting his next question. “Twilight told me that you sang something… like ‘Can you see the world from where I stand’ and such… So, if that song was about you being alone, wouldn’t it seem contradictory for you to later be with the Storm King?” Tempest had a blank stare on her face.

“It… he said if I joined, I could get my horn back… I didn't exactly trust him to an extent, not at first, but… yeah… that happened… and I wanted to sing something! When can anypony say “I was captured by Tempest Shadow and witnessed her foreboding song.”?”

Discord took a moment to think it over, before nodding his head. “Valid point… Speaking of which, are you still trying to find a replacement for your horn?”

“Uh… maybe not anymore. I’ve got some job offer by Applewood for some movies as a special effects artist. Biggest payer is some guy named ‘Michael Neigh’.” She said, sounding skeptical for a moment.

“I heard his movies are so-so and rely too much on explosives.” Discord added on. “He should’ve stopped ahead after the third Transform-mares movie.”

“I… have not heard of those… but a paycheck is a paycheck. Much better than what the Storm King’s.”

“Plus, I think there would be the bonus of not having to handle that one annoying critter,” The draconequus added. “I think his name was Grubber?”

“UGH!!! Do NOT remind me of him! You would not believe how much of a pain he was to work with.”

Discord raised an eyebrow for a moment as he looked back at her. “Oh? Surely it can’t be that big of a pain, can it?”

“I’m fine with a slight lisp, but all he does is stand by my side and RUIN every place I’m at and doing! And all those sweets… I know Pinkie has her sweets, but Grubber was nothing but a pig! I swear, if he wasn't a high ranking commander like me… somehow, I would drop him from one of the airships.”

“So he’s the kind of creature where you would want for him to have cavities because of his sweet tooth?” The Draconequus then decided to ask her on that specific topic.

“He’s the kind of creature that's used as punishment or a punching dummy.”

“I think the Royal Guard are needing something for target practice… You know that their highest record on the Crossbow range is 3 out of 10?” The spirit of chaos informed her. “I mean… their new captain is whipping them into shape, but still… that’s the only thing that stands out.”

“... Great, they're making Grubber sound competent.”

“Their new Captain body slammed Shining Armor through a wall…” Discord also added. “But let’s not focus on that. Let’s switch topics… Many ponies I know had a few questions about… Well, The Storm King. More specifically, what he was about. Could you help clarify it a bit?”

“Just ruling the world… classic bad guy motivation… that's it, really. He's pretty one dimensional.”

Now that surprised Discord… because personally, he thought that this villain, who was able to successfully invade Canterlot, had more to him than just that. Turns out, that was not the case at all. But it was something that he could ask her more about. “Really? Because it seemed like Equestria was being ignorant about his ‘one rule’ … No offense to them by the way… but you speak of him as he was an underdeveloped character,” He replied back to Tempest. “I mean… does he even have a history?”

“I dunno. He was powerful. I thought he could give me back my horn. Probably took the throne from his dad, or made it up on the spot. Flip a bit for either.” The mare told him.

“So it’s all the more possible that he just goes around to random countries, finds something he likes and says ‘MINE!’ whenever he wants it?”

“Most likely.”

“And just when I thought the only pony that acted like that was Rarity around precious gemstones she wants,” Discord sighed for a moment, before looking back at Tempest and thinking of something. “So… now that the Storm King is no longer a problem, how are things? I mean… surely Celestia, Luna and Cadence have forgiven you for your actions, right? I know Twilight has since she’s letting you help manage security at her new school from time to time alongside your effects job.”

“I’ll take whatever punishment they see fit. Though I hope they learn to have security around on these special events, even if it's supposed to be peaceful. And it's pretty welcoming to become a part of school security.” The unicorn responded as Discord nodded his head.

“Well… that just about wraps up any questions I had,” The draconequus added. “Is there anything else you would like to ask me or anything else you would like to say?”

“Not really… other than tell Grubber to get out of town. I may be ‘reformed', but I’ll gladly hunt him down.” Tempest said, while Discord decided to cross Grubber off of the list of who to interview. Concerned that Tempest would want to hunt him down five minutes after their conversation ended.

Now, for the next one…


Interview #2- Captain Celaeno

“I’m glad that you can be able to make it, Captain Celaeno,” The spirit of chaos welcomed the pirate captain as she took a seat in front of her. “Do you mind if I call you captain? I’m finding it confusing on how to address you properly.”

“Please… Celaeno is fine. I’m already called Captain way too much by my fellow crew members,” She insisted, setting her hat on the side of the chair she was sitting at. “So, you said that you wanted to interview me… but you haven’t stated the purpose of it. Could you care to clarify on that?”

“Well, I just wanted to ask you a few questions with regards to what happened recently,” The draconequus replied back. “You know… what are your thoughts about Twilight and her friends? What do you plan to do now that the Storm King is not a problem anymore? Is your father Thanos? You know, stuff like that.”

“Uh… well, I didn't think about them at first, just following the Storm King’s orders. But thanks to them, we’re gonna get back to what we loved to do. And I don't know who this ‘Thanos' is. My real father was the original owner of my ship.”

“And by ‘what we loved to do’, you mean traveling the high seas, raiding ships, getting treasure and then drink to the point where your crew members ask why is all the rum gone?” He asked in response, almost going as far as placing a red bandana and turning his hair into dreads to look like a pirate before changing back.

“... Not really…” she sheepishly smiled, pulling a list and writing down ‘lay off rum’.

“Well, what do you love to do then?” Discord asked curiously.

“We hunt for treasure. Hear rumors, buy maps, maybe fight some other fellows, but we all want to get our talons on some lost treasure and use it to buy new swag that makes us more fearsome.”

“Wouldn’t that just get the attention of other pirates who want to fight you for your loot? I mean, what your describing makes it sound like the ocean is a sea of thieves.” He asked, wanting to know her thought on that.

“Have you meet other pirates?” She replied with a smirk. “There's a reason why.”

“I’ll just… take your word for it,” He told her, before thinking of another question to ask. “So… with all this talk of piracy, have you considered ever pirating Canterlot in the near future? I know it’s hypothetical, but if I were you, all that treasure in the royal treasury seems too good to pass up.”

“Uh… it's tempting… but I think we'll just take the long way instead of attacking the castle.” One of her crew members entered the set.

“Got the enchanted rope ready to tie up Celestia and Luna, Captain.” Celano’s pupils shrunk, as glass shattering could be heard somewhere, followed by awkward silence.

“… Excuse me for a second.” She got up from her chair and-

Celano sat back on her chair with the crew member’s foot slightly shown in the background, twitching. “As you were saying?”

“Um… Well, we were last talking about if you would consider looting Canterlot, but I’m going to assume that’s strictly off the table now…” The draconequus replied back, sweating a little bit as he rubbed his forehead. “So maybe we should change the topic… I know I asked for your thoughts about Twilight and her friends, but what are your thoughts on Tempest Shadow, now that she’s being forgiven and helping Twilight out?”

“She owes me a lot more than a new ship, I can say that for sure. But since she works for Twilight… I’ll keep a close eye on her. Like a hawk.”

“I bet you will… Also, on a side note,” He asked as he looked back through some of the papers he had. “I think Spike once tried to bite your crystal peg leg… How did that go?”

“Hmm… I think I saw you at that party. Guess that dragon really knocked you out after that hoofball kick.”

“At least you don’t need a replacement leg now…” He chuckled… before letting the thought settle in. “Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude-”

“You know I have other legs? I can easily get my sword leg on and show you a thing or two.”

“N-no, that won’t be necessary…” He gulped, before looking back at her. “Speaking of swords though… I heard that you and Rainbow had a sword fight. How did that go for you?”

“That was just for fun. Nothing serious. That rainbow pegasus said how she wanted to be a pirate if the wonderbolts rejected her.”

“Who do you think would win if you two had a rematch?” He then asked her.

“For fun, her. If it's serious, most likely me.”

“That would be something I’d like to see actually,” Discord replied back to her with a chuckle. “Now… I don’t really have anything else I would like to ask, so is there anything you would like to ask me about or anything you would like to say?”

“... What are you, exactly?”

“Um… a Draconequus? Half Pony-Half Dragon…? Spirit of Chaos? Why, you haven’t heard of me before?” Discord asked, sounding a bit puzzled by Celaeno’s question.

“Nope. You're nothing like what I’ve seen before. And I see more than dragon and pony on you.”

“Well, I haven’t seen any of your kind before either…” He said, before mentioning one other thing. “And I’m just trying to keep things simple. If I tried explaining it to you, it would just sound like Twilight giving a lecture on friendship.”

“... Get me my sword leg!”


Interview #3- Princess Skystar/Queen Novo

“It’s a pleasure to have you here today, Queen Novo,” The spirit of chaos greeted the Queen of Mount Aris as she now took a seat in the room. Only to realize that somepony was… not exactly present. “Where’s your daughter, Skystar? I thought she would be right beside you-” When he finished that statement, all he could hear was a pot crashing on the floor before looking back at Novo. Who was just letting out a rather deep sigh.

“Skystar, get your butt over here.” She spoke with a groan, only for more things to crash.

“Ooh! What's this!? What's what!? Is that another Discord!?” Skystar kept shouting.

“Hey! That’s the camera guy!” Discord replied back, before sighing to himself. “And just when I thought that doing this was going to give me less of a headache… Perhaps, we should get started and see if Skystar would like to join us later.”

“CUDDLE ATTACK!!!” Skystar tackled the other guy, making the camera fall and-

Novo and Discord finished strapping Skystar to a portable chair to make sure that she wasn’t exactly bouncing around the place and causing problems for Discord’s production staff.

“What game is this!?” Skystar yelled. “Surgery!?”

“No… and besides, if it was, then we would need to have professionals do it,” Discord replied. “I just wanted to ask both of you some questions. You know, some basic ones about the Friendship Festival, thoughts on Twilight and her friends, Princess Celestia. You know, those kind of things.”

“Whatever, let's just get this over with.” Novo rolled her eyes, taking her seat.

“So, what were your thoughts on Equestria before the Friendship Festival?”

“I didn't care much for them.”

“I REALLY wanted to meet the ponies!” Skystar yelled.

“And what are your thoughts on them now? Especially with the Storm King defeated and one of the Hippogriffs, Silverstream, attending Twilight’s new school?”

“Anything to keep Celestia from asking us for anything.” Novo replied.

“I want to attend Twilight's school and meet the other students!” Skystar added. “Can you make that happen, PLEASE!?”

“I… can ask her about it and see how that goes… But you’ll also need to ask your mother too-” Discord’s statement immediately led to Skystar trying to get directly in her mother’s face and ask her the same question that she just asked Discord.

“CAN I GO, PLEEEASE!?!?”

“Ugh… only if you stay quiet.” Novo replied. Skystar took a deep breath and held it. Which, Discord at first saw as cute… until he really became concerned with it looked like she was holding her breath too long and that she was going to pass out. “Before she interrupts, what did you want to ask?”

“Well, I was wanting to know if how you felt about Twilight and the others have changed after the thing with the Storm King. She did try to steal something valuable from you I believe.” Discord asked.

“Ugh, don't remind me of that. Just another reason why I don't trust outsiders; you get along with them, but they try to take your prized possession as soon as you look away.”

“Do you think that if you two just talked about it and Twilight explained what was going on that things could’ve gone a lot differently?” The Draconequus now decided to ask. “I mean… talking always seems like a reasonable course of action if you just her them out, right?”

“So is building a wall, but we don't have much materials that can last underwater without it being weathered away.”

“That’s… rather true…” Discord added to the conversation. “But now that the Storm King is no longer a threat to Equestria or your home either… Would you possibly forgive Twilight for what she did? Because she does have a habit of not thinking things through fully when under extreme pressure.”

“Unless she's on some important business with Silverstream or her family, I’d rather want her to stay as far away as possible.”

“O…… kay then,” Discord said, scratching ‘having Novo forgive Twilight’ off of his list with a red marker. “That just about finishes up any questions I had… Would Skystar like to say something before we finish up here-?”

“MITOCHONDRIA IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL!!!” She shouted with a hard wheeze.

“...... Has she been going through the science section of the library recently?”

“Anything to keep her away from my beauty sleep.” Novo answered.

“Well, I’ll see if Twilight can take on Skystar as a student so you can get some rest then-” Of course, at that moment was when Skystar tackled the real Discord this time and knocking the camera guy over again.


Interview #4- Capper

“Thank you for coming,” Discord greeted his fourth guest, despite the fact he looked like the victim of a snuggle attack as he looked back at the Abyssinian named Capper. “Sorry about the mess… I just finished an interview earlier with Queen Novo and Princess Skystar. Man, she is just as hyper as Pinkie Pie.”

“The pink pony? Yeah… she was somethin’.” Capper replied. “So, ya’ll want me to answer a few questions?”

“Yeah, that’s right,” Discord nodded his head. “Just some basic ones like how did you meet Twilight and her friends, how are things now that the Storm King is done for… Has Spike told you that he has a crush on Rarity? You know, things like that.”

“Eh… it's not that great. I had some serious debt to pay, and seeing all 6 of those ponies told me I could sell them all in one go. And I’m glad that Storm King’s gone; I’m free from my debt! But a baby dragon having a crush on a mare like her? Yeah… pretty sure Equestrian laws don't allow adults to date minors, even if they are a different species.”

“To each their own,” Discord told him. “Speaking of which… has Rarity told you about her pet cat, Opal?” This got Capper's full attention.

“Excuse me? That fancy unicorn has a pet cat?”

“Why yes… In fact, it’s right next to you.” He said, pointing to the mini table that was right next to Capper. Sure enough, Rarity’s pet cat was standing there, staring at the abyssinian.

“... WHAT THE FU-”

“Okay okay, she’s gone… sorry for almost traumatizing you,” Discord said apologetically. “I didn’t think you would react like that.” Capper rocked in a corner in a fetal position, his claws scratching his head.

“Everything I knew was a lie… Rarity wanted me as a pet, not a friend... “

“Now now… I’m sure it’s not like that… I think this is just a whole misunderstanding…” The Draconequus ushered. “A whole complex… and really complicated misunderstanding. You’re a great friend Capper. Don’t let anything or anypony else tell you differently.” Of course… it was as he was saying this that he heard a knock on the door. Which was unexpected because only a few ponies knew about where he lived.

Discord… um, I know you’re busy… but Rarity wanted to ask you about something that involved Opal disappearing while she had clients over…” He heard Fluttershy say from outside. Which… did not entirely make the situation go well for either him or Capper at that point.

“YOU WANTED ME TO KNOW OF THIS!?!?!?” Capper grabbed Discord by his suit. “THAT I’M NOTHING MORE BUT A GLORIFIED DIAMOND DOG!?!?!?”

“No no! That’s not what I meant-”

Is that Capper in there? Rarity, I think Capper’s inside.

Oh really? I had been wondering when I will be seeing that cute Gentlecat again… I have been waiting for when he was going to ask me out on a date, but it’s been hard to find him…” They both heard Rarity now speak from outside.

“I just found it weird… that’s all. It’s the equivalent of seeing somepony with a pet parrot and knowing about Captain Celaeno…” Discord told him honestly as he had Capper loosen the grip from his suit. “I just wanted to ask a question… but I think it went a bit too far and I’m sorry for that.”

“... Well… it's time for me to do what I need to do…” He took his coat off, now naked. “Meow… meow… purr.”

“No no…” Discord facepalmed himself “That’s not what we're going to do.” That was when Discord snapped his fingers, having Capper appear in a fancy outlaw’s jacket as the entire set became a dance floor. And for added measure, he added a rose in Capper’s paw. “What we are going to do… is show her how better you are…”

Going to a nearby stereo, he soon played a old cassette tape of some romantic dance music as he looked back at him with a wink. “Go get her, tiger.”

“Uh…” Of course, it didn’t help that around then was when the door opened… and Rarity was the first pony to step inside.

“Oh my… A new jacket? I must say, it looks really good on you.”

“Capper was wanting to learn more about how dancing works in Equestria.” Discord told him, putting the Abyssinian on the hot seat as Rarity moved a little closer.

“Oh did he… Well, would you mind if I join in?” She asked him, offering one of her hooves to Capper while Fluttershy went over to where Discord was standing. “After all, dancing to music like this normally works best in pairs.”

“Uh…” Capper muttered, unsure what to say.

“Lost with words?” Rarity said… before using her magic to pull Capper in for a kiss. “Then perhaps actions speak louder in this instance.”

And as they began their dance, Discord chuckled for a moment before looking back at Fluttershy. “It’s just like the chorus of the song… He’s hooked on a feeling.”


The Next Day

“Um… Twilight?” Spike said upon entering Twilight’s room at the school of friendship. For a moment, the princess thought that this was going to be some form of backlash from what Chancellor Neighsay said about her students and also the possibility of the school getting shut down. But… as it happened to turn out… it was something different. “You got a visitor this morning.”

For a second, Twilight almost spilled her morning tea as she looked back at the dragon that was her assistant. “Really? Who-?”

“HEYA, TWILIGHT!!! I’m here to learn everything!” Skystar bursted in, knocking the door to the room off its hinges and did multiple, excited steps, ready to do whatever's asked of her. Leaving Twilight thrown off guard to the point where she actually spilled her tea all over herself this time.

Novo… if this is some way to punish me for stealing that pearl, then I completely deserve it,” She thought to herself, before getting up and deciding that she was going to introduce them to some other ponies that will be her classmates.

But it was then though… that she happened to notice something. Tempest was not outside where she normally would be when it came to standing guard. “Um Spike… where’s Tempest?”

“She said that she had some… personal matters to attend to this morning… Not sure what she meant by that-” Of course, when Spike was trying to explain that to her, that was when they heard something that was the equivalent of… banjo music?

“GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD!!!” Tempest’s voice shook the place. Twilight, Spike, and Skystar looked out, seeing Tempest chase the weird creature called Grubber, who was stuffing his face with cake as he ran.

“I said I was sorry!” He spoke with his lisp. “And I’m really hungry!”

“I’m gonna shove my hoof down your throat! How do you like that!?” she shouted. “And that cake was for me!!”

All Twilight could do was facehoof herself as Tempest continued to chase Grubber everywhere he went. One thing was for sure… this was going to be a very long semester.


Author's Note:

Quick note... Despite what the subject says, the only ones who would be involved in the interview process are those with direct connections to the incident with the Storm King. Meaning that there's no interview here with Songbird Serenade.

Still, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a good day.
-Frost