• Published 18th Jul 2016
  • 2,831 Views, 68 Comments

Animaniacs in Equestria - TopWanted



The Warners have delighted children and adults for years and now their back! Come one come all and see them in their new show! Hasbro presents the "Animaniacs" (co., tm, etc.)

  • ...
4
 68
 2,831

Channel Surfing

A deserted studio lot in Burbank California. Mortar rots away the once grand Warner Brothers Animation Studios. In its center sits what was once the symbol of its grandeur, the Warner Brothers water tower, now a tearfully tragic sight to behold. Its legs are buckling, vegetation crawling around its base and the great big WB now hangs to the side off its hinges. Yes, it seems like there is no life for miles.

A trail of displaced dirt and road pushes toward the center of the lot and three figures pop up. “AH! Home sweet home!” Yakko shouted. “That was a great 18 year vacation!”

“I’ll say!” Dot agreed as she jumped out of the hole to clean her dress. “I got so much sun in Hawaii, I think I’ll have a permanent tan.” She did a little pose to show off her features.

“Uh, no offense, Dot. But you’re still black and white.”

“My favorite was that town in Oregon!” Wakko shouted happily. “I bought so many souvenirs!” He pulled out his bag and dumped its contents on the ground which included a grappling gun, a mug with a question mark on it and a rabbit with horns glued to its head.

“Yes, yes,” Yakko said to his siblings. “We’ve all had a wonderful holiday. But now it’s time to get back to work.” They all turned toward their water tower only to stop in their tracks. They stood still staring for a moment before the WB sign finally broke off and fell with a thud to the pavement below making a huge dent.

“Wha- Bu- Nu- Zuh!” Dot stuttered.

“What’s going on!?” Wakko wailed.

Yakko stayed calm and collected taking in his surroundings. “Hmm, the lot appears to be deserted. And judging from the dust…” He scooped his finger along the leg of the water tower making the entire structure shake as it finally gave way and collapsed in a rusty heap. “Yeah, we’ve been gone too long.”

“Then what are we gonna do?” Dot asked.

“Don’t worry, sibs. I know exactly the guy to go see about this.”

A quick jump cut and the Warners were inside a familiar office building. Once again they found the place utterly deserted as they waltzed past the receptionist desk on the main floor and to the elevator. Wakko pressed the up button.

“Wakko, what makes you think the elevator is going to work in a place so clearly abandoned?” Yakko asked.

“Plot convenience.” The doors opened up to reveal a lighted pleasantly well kept elevator with muzak to spare. The three walked on board and rode it up to the top.

They came to a large set of doors with a familiar name printed across them. Yakko simply opened the doors and walked in. “Hey Plotzy!!”

At the far end of a ridiculously large office was a large desk with newspapers and blankets stacked on top. As the doors burst open a figure in the pile jumped with surprise and fell off the desk. “Wha!?” The papers settled back onto the floor and desk as the figure, a small man with balding white hair, struggled to his feet. He looked over the desk angrily. “Hey get out of my house!”

“Plotzy! Don’t you mean office?” Yakko asked.

“Hasn’t been an office in years,” he replied. “And stay away from the corner. That’s my space!”

Yakko peeked at the corner he pointed to and saw a small blanket on a rope covering the corner up. The words “bathroom” were hanging from the rope. He winced. “Yeesh! What happened here, Plotzy?”

Plotz finally seemed to recognize them and sighed. “Oh, it’s you three.” He lifted himself onto the desk again and grabbed a bunch of newspapers, throwing them over him. “I really don’t want to deal with you anymore, so just leave.”

“Not until you tell us what happened to the studio,” Dot replied.

Plotz grumbled and rolled over to face them. They finally saw that his suit was disheveled as well as patched up poorly in places. He scratched his open belly, obviously not caring about the company. “There is no more studios. Warner Brothers Animation went under years ago.”

They all gasped. “No!” Wakko cried out. He rushed to a large portrait of Steven Spielberg on the wall. “Say it aint so, Steve! Say it aint so!” He slammed his fist against the portrait and it turned to dust. “Huh, I guess its so.”

Dot threw herself in Yakko’s arms. “All I wanted was an 18 year long vacation! Was that so much to ask?”

“Don’t worry, guys,” Yakko assured them. “I have a plan to rally enough money to save the studio!”

“There. Is. No. Studio!” Plotz replied angrily. “Spielberg is retired for the most part! All the animators have either died or gone on to other things. Face it. There will never be another Animaniacs!”

Wakko and Dot began to cry, while Yakko kept a straight face, stroking his chin as he thought. “Okay, so this studio is a bust. But what about other studios?”

“Hey, yeah!” Dot said. “We could be on Fox! I always wanted to meet Fox Mulder in person.”

“Cancelled,” Plotz replied nonchalantly as he saw a stain on his shirt and took it off to reveal his hairy chest. “Well, they brought it back for like a minute but… yeah he’s gone.”

“What about Disney?” Wakko asked. “I’m sure they’d love to pick us up.”

“I think they’ve got their hands a little full,” he replied as he put on an Avengers T-shirt.

“Oh, sweet siblings,” Yakko chuckled. “There is only one studio that is the most logical choice. Jumpcut to...”

They now stood in front of a building with the words “Cartoon Network” printed on the wall. “Cartoon Network?” Dot said questioningly. “Isn’t that the one with all the Hanna-Barbera stuff?”

Wakko crossed his arms in indignation. “Yakko, you know how I feel about working with Boo Boo Bear!”

Yakko held out his hands to calm them. “Relax, this is also the animation studio that’s owned Time Warner so I’m sure they’ll accept us. Plus, that HB stuff was ancient. When we left they had shows like Dexters Lab and Powerpuff Girls. Can you imagine the quality of shows they have now?”

He opened a door to the studio and they all walked in on a show being shot. A cartoonish Cyborg was dancing in front of a camera. “Let’s all do the Pee Pee Dance!!!”

Yakko slammed the door behind them, clearing his throat. “Dot, remind me to say a silent prayer for DC Comics.”

Back in another part of the studio several characters sat in a lounge waiting for their next hour on set. “Huh,” Steven Universe said. “Did you guys just get a weird feeling we just missed a great opportunity?”

“No,” Finn replied. “No,” said Jake. “No,” said Gumball. “No,” said Rigby the raccoon. “Yes,” said Panda as he played on his phone. “I mean, no.”

“Huh, just me then,” Steven shrugged.

Out on the sidewalk the three siblings sat on the curb, their heads in their hands. “What do we do now, Yakko?” Dot asked.

Yakko furrowed his brow and thought. “There’s got to be a studio that has a show that’s both wildly popular with kids and adults.”

“What about that one?” Wakko asked as he pointed across the street. Another studio stood proudly with the word “HUB” written on the side.

“Huh, weird that that’s right next door,” Dot mused.

Yakko squinted at the sign. It looked like there was writing under it. “Subsidiary of Hasbro? Uh, I don’t know, Wakko. I don’t like the idea of being owned by a toy company.”

“But they have a super popular show,” he assured him.

“And how would you know that?”

“Because we’ve only been back one day and I’ve already binge watched all five seasons of it.”

“When did you have time to binge watch a show?”

“What do you think we do in those jump cuts?” He pulled out a laptop from his bag and pulled up a page. Yakko looked at it and raised an eyebrow.

“Well, the internet doesn’t lie.” He wrapped his hands around his siblings necks into a hug. “Alright, brother and sister of mine. Looks like we’ve found our ticket back into television!”

---

Elsewhere in a magical land far far away, a white alicorn princess sat at her desk working. Suddenly a chill went up her spine. “Princess?” an attendant asked. “Is everything alright?”

“I’m not sure,” Celestia replied, furrowing her brow. “But I suddenly feel very annoyed.”