• Published 14th Jul 2016
  • 1,377 Views, 6 Comments

Finding Love In Strange Places - DinKaiser



After a ruthless past, Derpy finally found someone who makes her happy.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,377

Finding Love In Strange Places

Never thought that I'd end up where I'm at now. Me, Rainbow Dash, being a mother. I mean, it's not my own, it's my fiance's daughters. Though, the events leading up to what happened shook me pretty hard. It's been almost three years now since me and her got together.

Twilight and Sunset have been married for a while now with a couple of young ones and Sunset is pregnant again with one on the way. Funny how magic works. As for what happened to me, I remember it as if it was yesterday. About a year after I was brought into the Wonderbolts and had a show the following day.

Usually I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. A thunderstorm, tornado, and a hurricane could probably roll through at once and I'd still be dead asleep. Though on this particular night, I get woken up by her crashing into my home and tearing the place up.

Automatically, I was on guard and grabbed the nearest blunt object I could find with it being an old bat. I walk down my steps to see that my living room is in even worse shape, rather annoyed at being woken up from my slumber with a show the very next day, I just wanted to get back to bed.

I walk around the room to see a clump of curtains and feathers sticking out. I ready the bat and quickly pulled back the curtains to see that Derpy was the cause of all the chaos.

Go figure. I groaned out and helped her back up. "What are you doing here Derpy?!" I yawned out. "S-Sorry Dash, I didn't mean to bother you." She said, cowering away from me slightly.

I looked at her, not used to seeing this type of behavior coming from Derpy. "Derpy, is everything alright?" I asked. She tried to nod, but quickly broke down into an uncontrollable sob. "H-He took away my daughter!" She cried out.

"Wait, who?!" I asked, completely confused on what's going on. "My ex, Bran Muffin." She said to me. I sat there, trying to rack my brain for any possible idea for who this guy was, but nothing came to light. I gave out a heavy sigh and nodded. "Do you know where he lives?" I asked her, placing my hoof on her shoulder.

She nodded softly and turned towards the door. "He lives a few miles away from here, though I'm not to sure if he's awake or not." "Well that don't matter, what matters is that we get your daughter back safely and make sure that he has no chance of anything bad happening to her." I said walking passed her and flying out with her following me.

As we flown around, I noticed that she was absolutely terrified of seeing him. What in Celestia's name did this guy do to her? I fly over to a lingering cloud and land with her stopping beside of me. "W-Why are we stopping?" She asked.

"Before we go any further, I need to know what all he's done to you." I stated in a concern tone. She froze up, not wishing to bring back the memories, but eventually gave a defeated sigh.

"When me and Bran first got together, he was working at the local muffin factory and I came in each day to drop off the mail. When we first started talking, everything was amazing. I wasn't scared of him and I loved him." She said, looking down at the cloud underneath her.

"Ok, then what?" I said, trying to hurry Derpy up. "W-well, his boss laid him off and that's when it all started going downhill. I was working day in and day out just so that we didn't struggle."

"Well, what did he do in the mean time?" I asked, trying to comprehend everything.

I watched her gulp down the painful memories in her throat as she tried to speak more. "Nothing. He sat on his butt all day. He drank from the time he woke up to the time he went to bed. Every night, he would burst into the room and if I wasn't 'compliant' with him, I would get beaten." She said, tears flowing freely from her eyes once again.

I began to feel myself shake with the anger that I was holding in towards this stallion. "W-What else did he do?" I asked, starting to worry about what came next.

"When I found out that I was pregnant everything got better for a while. We were happy and he didn't hurt me. Though when we went to the doctor to find out whether it was a colt or a filly..." she paused, trying her best to force out the words caught in her throat. "When we found out that I was pregnant with Dinky, t-the beatings got worse. He didn't want a little girl and he tried his best to make sure that I had a miscarriage. Which is actually what happened to my vision."

"Wait! Are you telling me that he hit you so hard that it made you go cross eyed?" I asked to see her nod.

Only thing I could do was wrap my forelegs around her and pull her close to me in hopes to comfort her. "Listen, if there is anything I can do to make things better, do not hesitate to tell me." I stated as I looked down at her.

She nodded softly and nuzzled into me slightly. Honestly, even though it was a rather horrible moment, I think it's when I started to actually care for her. I just wanted to make sure that her and Dinky was happy and that they didn't have to worry about this type of abuse anymore.

"Come on, let's go get your daughter back." I said, taking off once more with her following behind me once more.

We arrived to the trashiest part of Ponyville that I didn't even knew existed. She was hesitant to fly near the area, but made it clear that she wasn't going to allow that prick to harm Dinky.

"Which house is his?" I asked as she pointed down at only one with the lights on. I flew down on to the porch to hear the following coming from the inside. "You remind me so much of that fucking bitch!" I heard a male say from the other side of the door.

"You were a damned mistake." He snarled out, the sound of a bottle being broken following shortly after. "Oh that's it!" I snapped, kicking in the door to see a grey coated unicorn stallion with a purple mane standing over Dinky, who was covered in bruise, and had his hoof up, ready to hit her again.

"Oh hell no!" I said, tackling him against the ground.

Derpy ran inside after me and grabbed Dinky and looked at me as I proceeded to hit and kick this guy. "You do NOT lay your hoof's on either of them! Do I make myself clear?!" I snapped. He laid there unable to move, but was still breathing, his face now cut up and bruised, more so than Dinky's.

As I got up and began to leave, I heard the guy laugh at me. "I'll be back. She's my daughter and I have every right to do as I please." He said.

I paused and turned to look at him, the only expression on my face was pure anger as I stormed up to him and repeatedly began to hit him in his face. I blacked out, I don't know how long I beat on him, but it felt so damn good.

When I finally came to, I looked down to see him barely alive, blood trickling from his nose and mouth. "Now, if you come anywhere near them, I will see to it my own self. You won't walk out of the house. You'll have to be carried out in a damn body bag." I growled out. "And if you do some how grow the balls to come near them, I will know and I will see to it personally that you are turned into glue." I snapped, picking him up and held him against the wall.

"Now, what are you going to do?" I asked him, my eyes narrowed into his only good eye.

"Leave them alone." He coughed out. "Good, and what will happen if you come near them?" I asked. "You'll put me in the ground." He wheezed out.

"See, even abusive dumbasses can learn from their mistakes." I said before letting him go to watch him hit the ground with a thud.

As I walked out the door, Derpy was doing her best to comfort Dinky who was sobbing underneath her mother. "Shhh, it's going to be ok. Mommy has you now." I heard her say. "C'mon, let's get you to the hospital and then the two of you back home." I said with a gentle smile.

Dinky looked up at me and ran up to me and embraced me in a tight hug. "T-Thank you so much." She cried out. "Hey, it's no problem at all." I said with a smile, patting her back softly. I looked up at Derpy who had a soft smile on her face as she looked at the both of us. "C'mon, let's get going." I said, walking up beside of Derpy with Dinky walking in between the both of us.

When we arrived at the hospital, Nurse Redheart was at the counter. Automatically she rushed over to check on Dinky. "What in the world happen to her?!" She asked. "Her father came and abducted her and was hurting her until we came and got her." Derpy said, looking down at Dinky.

Nurse Redheart rose a brow, but nodded softly. "Let's get you into a room." She said, helping Dinky into one of the rooms with both, me and Derpy following behind. The nurse paused and looked back at me, her eyes narrowing at me. "Excuse me. Unless you are family, you are not allowed to go back here with them." She said.

I understood and nodded softly. "Yes, ma'am." "W-wait, hold on. She is family." Derpy said, looking over at Nurse Redheart. "What?" The both of us said. "I would feel a lot more comfortable if she was to remain with us." Derpy insisted with Dinky nodding gently. Nurse Redheart gave a defeated sigh and nodded. "Ok, fine. Come on back then." She said with a heartfelt smile as she lead us all into a vacant room.

Thankfully enough, Dinky came out of it with just a few minor cuts and bruises. Can't say much for her dad though. Surely enough though, shortly after, we heard another pony stumbling up to the front desk. "Hello?" We heard him call out.

As Nurse Redheart stepped out of the room, I poked my head around the corner to make sure it wasn't my ears playing tricks on me. "What happened to you?" I heard Nurse Redheart ask him from down the hallway.

"Some bi-" Finally he looked up and made eye contact with me to only see me shooting him a death glare. "I got jumped in an alleyway after leaving the bar." He said, slightly terrified of my presence.

I looked at him, daring him to say anything or even make any attempts to head this way, as I pulled my head back into the room and shut the door behind me. "I-Is that him?" I hear Dinky ask.

"It is, but you don't have to worry. He's not going to do anything. I got you." I said, walking over to comfort Dinky, wrapping my foreleg around her.

I looked over at Derpy who had a somewhat giddy smile as she looked at the both of us. "What is it?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head softly. "It's nothing, though I do have a question." She said, bashfully looking away.

I rose a brow, not to sure of what was going through her head. "Would you mind staying with us for a few days, or at least until this settles down?" She asked.

At first I didn't think much of it, but I accepted anyways. After we left the hospital, we arrived to a small house, just big enough for Dinky and Derpy. When I opened the door to see what was left of the mess left by Dinky's father, I saw that he destroyed everything from family photo's, furniture, even tried to tear down the walls.

I felt my heart sink, to look around and see this mess. I turn to Derpy, who was heartbroken by the mess, as she began to rummage through to see if anything that was still worth keeping.

She gave a defeated sigh as she turned towards me. "If there is anything we can do to pay you back, consider it do-"

"Now hold it." I interrupted. "You don't have to pay me back, I just want to know that everypony is safe. As for what happened around here. I will do my best to help you out in any way that I can." I said with a heart warming smile, doing my best to lighten the mood.

She paused for a second, unsure of what to say. She acts like she's never been shown this type of hospitality before. Finally, she broke down and returned the smile. "Thank you so much, Rainbow Dash." She said, before wrapping her forelegs around me.

After I helped and it was my time to go home. We've already been talking for a month or two, went on a few dates. I come home one day to both, her and Dinky, asking me to live with them. As well as her adopted daughter. I remember what she said clear as day.

A pink unicorn with a purple mane who just got back from Canterlot University on Summer Vacation from her classes. Derpy was gone with Dinky to the store, leaving me and Sparkler by ourselves.

She looked at me, her eyes somewhat narrowed. "I know you can be kind of cocky, but to actually put a permanent smile on both mom and Dinky's faces. You must be doing something right. So I ask you, do not ever do anything to harm my mother." She said in a stern tone.

I looked at her and nodded. "You don't need to worry. I just want to see all of you happy and wouldn't dare to think of hurting any of you." I stated.

She smiled and nodded. "Ok, good. Because I don't want to one day receive a letter saying that you done something to either of them. Dinky has been through enough and so has my mother. Last thing that they need is another pony to walk in their lives and walk right back out again."

I rose a brow to her and sat up. "What do you mean?" I asked. She gave a painful sigh and lowered her head. "When I was younger, mom tried to date a few stallions and mares. Well, after having their fun and tricking mom. They'd leave. Mom was even engaged one time to a strange stallion in a magical blue box, but he vanished and was never heard from again."

"How many years ago was that?" I asked.

"About five, maybe seven years ago. Between there. Dinky was still a blank flank at the time." She replied.

I nodded softly and smiled. "Well, I don't plan on going anywhere, any time soon." I said, smiling from ear to ear. "And besides, only thing I want to do is see that you, your sister, and mother have a happy life. I wouldn't ever dream of hurting any of you." I said, leaning back into my seat. She let out a small laugh and nodded. "Ok, I believe you." She stated.

Now, here I sit with my beautiful bride-to-be by my side and a loving family. I stand as Captain of the Wonderbolts and am able to afford anything and everything for my family. Twilight always tells me that I'm spoiling them, but if I know that I can bring a smile to their faces each and every day, then I don't care. They deserve to be spoiled with the past they all had and I plan on giving them the life that they deserve.

Comments ( 6 )

Since when does Ditzy have 2 kids, doesn't matter, but this does... I rose a brow, not to sure of what was going through he head. Um, yeah:twilightsmile: your welcome.

7390914 In a few fan theories, where Sparkler is spotted with Dinky a few times in the show, some people claim that she's Derpy's adopted daughter. And thank you, sorry. I was kind of rushing to get this out. I guess I ended up missing a few mistakes ^^;;;

Hey it was a great story all in all it had a great ending but I could use a grammar check but other that that it deserves a thumbs up

7392370 Sorry, as I was writing this. I was going through writer's block, still am actually, Writer's block is annoying to fight lol but thank you though ^^

7392370 OK, I believe that I have gotten all the mistakes fixed. If you wouldn't mind reading it over real quick and calling out anything that you may see? If not, then I understand completely

Perfect it is just perfect now but sorry for taking so long I was having a family day....Not it was just annoying everybody hollering and screaming at each other and me in the middle of it all so I just avoided my family all day off in the tallest of trees I could find Soni could just sit there in peace and quiet writing a book I've been working on all summer long. I have had a bad day but the book is perfect now if you ask me

Login or register to comment