• Published 13th Jul 2016
  • 7,878 Views, 436 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Becomes a Changeling Queen, Book 2: Twilight Sparkle Defends Her Hive - bahatumay



Twilight Sparkle is now a changeling queen. At least, she's supposed to be.

  • ...
29
 436
 7,878

Stinger

In the weight room, Rainbow Dash finished her stretches and slid on her weighted vest in preparation for some more training exercises. She groaned in that strange combination of pleasure and pain. It was good to be back.

As she finished her reps, one of the assistants poked his head in. “Rainbow, there's a griffon here to see you.”

Rainbow paused. A griffon? Here? After what had happened? Intrigued (if a bit suspicious), she racked her weights and shrugged off the vest, and headed out the door.

She slowed to a stop. There was only one griffon there, and she was very familiar. “Gilda.” There was no malice in Rainbow’s voice; it was more a surprised observation.

“Rainbow Dash.”

They stared at each other for a few moments, neither saying anything, both waiting for the other to make the first move.

Finally, Gilda broke the standoff. She held out a small paper takeaway box, and Rainbow took it.

Rainbow opened it and laughed as she recognized the offering. “Chicken,” she said. She leaned down and sniffed, confirming her suspicion. A twisted smile crossed her face. “With lemon and pepper. Just like at flight camp.”

“Yeah.”

Rainbow picked the leg up and brought it to her mouth. She raised an eyebrow as she realized Gilda was still staring. “What?” Rainbow asked, a little smile playing at the edge of her lips. “You like watching things like this? Ponies eating meat?”

Gilda flinched. “No! I…”

Rainbow laughed. “You're a freak, Gilda,” she said as she took a bite.

“Says the pony chomping on chicken,” Gilda retorted, but a faint smile played at the edges of her beak.

Rainbow's flat, herbivore teeth couldn't quite get inside the crevices to tear the meat out; but her dexterous tongue worked its way in and pulled out most of it. She had gotten nearly all the meat off before she gave up and dropped the bone back into the box. “But you didn’t come this far for just a freak show. What’s up, G? For real, this time.”

Gilda glanced around, unsure what to say.

Thankfully, Rainbow always had an answer. “Hey, there’s a little place I know that serves really great desserts, and I’m really craving a milkshake after that. Wanna race there?”

Gilda smiled, her first real smile in a long time. “You’re on, dweeb.”

Comments ( 60 )

8208518 MY EYES MY EYES

hope this is a prelude to a sequel

Here's hoping for even more from this wonderful universe!:pinkiehappy:

Si que a pasado un tiempo sin leer esta historia y animo en sus futuras historias

Awesome job!! I love how you solved the griffon problem.
I look forward to many more stories from this universe!!!

My shipping sense is tinkling.

8208796 I can see all the colors!

I just binge read all the way from Book 1. I rather enjoyed this series, and do hope it continues.

Is there going to be another story ???

:trixieshiftright:

Huh, what was that all about i wonder.

Well I have to say I am sad I didn't read this fic as it was updated but and glad I finally was able to finish it as it was just as good as the first one.

And I do believe there is more to tell from this world you've crafted, after all Twilight still hasn't fully taken on her true form as Queen of the Changelings...

...and when has Twilight ever left anything unfinished?:twilightsmile:

Head canon: Celestia declares Twilights hive deceased. Celestia c!aims that to prevent the "empty" building being taken over a joint task force of royal guardsponys will occupy it. (Of course it's a cover for Twilight's hive to hide in plain sight)

Plllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me you're going to be making more! Seriously this fic is worthy of an audio drama, I can't put it down! And I'm itching for more! Please...? :applecry:

KEEP GOING STRONG!!!!!!!

That was awesome, great read. We want more!
I think I may have read something similar before, but I can't remember, so whatever.

Comment posted by stephamazin deleted Jul 26th, 2017

Can you PLEASE make a book 3?

Me too, I eagerly await any and all future books in this universe.

This was an amazing and entertaining story. Book 3 please:yay:

A fun ride this has been. I had doubts back in the first book, fears, but they were needless. and really just a matter of preference. gonna be keeping an eye on you.

8360893
I think you misread my comment. Because I did not mention Santa Claus.

8361145
You didn't. Sorry for the confusion, I was saying I was still too busy snickering at comparing the premise of transferring queenship to the movie The Santa Clause, where a guy accidentally kills santa and ends up becoming Santa as a result, to start making StarCraft connections.

8361861
Oh. I misunderstood because you replied directly to my comment. My apologies, it seems we were both at fault here. Perhaps I would have been able to catch what you meant if I could sit in one place long enough to watch a movie.

Could you pleeaase continue the story and write part3? :raritystarry:

I'd love to see a sequel to this story! You've got a lot of good material here for one.
With the way things now are, Celestia now has the upper hoof and the griffons are basicly stuffed..

The Griffons are no longer as big a threat as they were:
Their forces have fought several battles and will need time to recuperate.
They're burning through money they don't have thanks to that 'victory' feast (I doubt that there is a 'magic money machine', it's probably just fake or printing lots of extra notes which does horrible things to an economy).
When/if the formally missing ponies decide to officially talk about their kidnap experiences, Celestia will have the justification she needs to go to war with the griffons.

As some fun bonuses:
In theory Celestia now has a friendly base in the Badlands from which to operate.
Celestia now has indirect access to some friendly experts in espionage, sabotage and other sneaky stuff.
Celestia can now tease, taunt and otherwise look smug the next time she meets the Griffon leader.

"So, how ya doing? That happy buzz from your 'victory' worn off yet?... OMG! There's a changeling behind you.... ohh! Nope.... it can't be, because you successfuly defeated them all.... all those 'could be anyone' changelings.... Oh! FYI Celestia... the real one... subjugated your people about... half an hour ago..."

8481234
Yes, but the scenario is rather different. As horrible as it sounds, Hitler wasn't doing it to the citizens of England or France, but of Germany. It was none of their business until he invaded Poland.

Here, "Hitler" has kidnapped citizens of England and France and refused to return them home. At this point, it's defence of citizenry/ self defence.

8481309
Yes, but in this story the missing civilians have been taken in such a way that it cannot be officially confirmed that it was the griffons.

In the story the griffons have threatened pony settlements on the border...

“And there is talk of expanding the griffon territory. Some of the settlements on the borders have already been threatened.”

... under the pretence of protecting themselves from hostile changelings...

“But she has managed to play off common fears to unite the griffons into a sort of mob mentality. She has convinced them that the real threat is the changelings, and the most recent propaganda is that changelings intend to infiltrate their homes and replace their children before killing them in their sleep, using pony settlements as bases to do so.”

..., to encourage the other two sides to fight back, the griffons then target certain civilians.

“Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack have all been reported missing.”
“Foalnapped,” Luna said bluntly. “Likely to be used as bait.”

“Officially, we don't know that they've been taken by the griffons,” Celestia insisted. “If we do invade to get them back—even if we succeed in getting them back—we risk sparking war. Other nations are watching closely.”
“And if we start a war, everypony loses,” Luna concluded.

It could be inferred that the griffons are trying to lure Equestria into a war, claim the moral high ground in that Equestria accused them without proof and then attacked them without justifiable provocation.

8490245


Yes, but illegal annexation into another nation's territory is also an act of war.

On the national scale, the Griffons would be unable to claim the moral high ground if war broke out. The only people they would be able to convince (Assuming other leaders aren't corrupt or brain dead) would be the Griffon citizens via drumming up national pride, rhetoric, and propaganda.

8490353
The point I was trying to make was that the griffons were not trying to start a war directly but trying to goad other parties into declare war on them, or at least trespass into griffon territory.
The griffons would then scream that they were the victims in a war started by the ponies, perhaps even claim that the evil changelings had been behind it.

Try reading the chapter I quoted from again. The griffons have not actually declared war but have instead threatened pony settlements. I don't think it's stated how, presumably some subtle words said in public.
A bit like the old "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" game played by kids on long journeys.

8491202

Yes, they haven't officially declared war, their actions however, would be classified as such. They can't bitch and moan or try playing the victim when they are the aggressors in the situation, especially when they are taking actions which would be grounds for war without officially declaring one to begin with.

8491222
I suppose I should have stated what "audience" the griffons would be playing to.
I'm guessing that in the story the griffons control their country's news sources or at least have a strong influence over its output, much like North Korea or Russia.
In that situation they'd only have to convince their own population that what they were doing was right and for the good of all...

"Comrades! Our Great leader has decreed that we should proactively protect ourselves from the changeling threat!
All griffons are urged to avoid the poisonous lies being spread by any ponies, clearly they have been beguiled by changeling infiltrators!
Already the Equestrian elite have taken the wise precaution of expelling the bulk of the changeling menace infesting their capital, alas however several of their citizens are missing.
With these ponies likely in the clutches of the changelings the ponies are reluctant to intervene.
Clearly then it is down to us to purge these parasites from the land!
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!".

8500056

Undoubtedly could they convince the Gryphon populace, it would just net them no allies on the world stage.

I really hope you continue this story.
This has been a really good story so far.

Is there going to be a book 3?

8869949
Eventually, yes. I've got the ideas sketched out, but getting it done and all connected together is a different story. :applejackunsure:

8870154
Okay, looking forward to it when it does. :twilightsmile:

Can we get a 3rd book this story is great.

Here’s to hoping for a book 3 (again):pinkiehappy:

9547152
I think the hate is more about the enhanced look the changelings were given. It completely invalidates the "don't judge a book by its cover" moral that they tried to teach with Thorax earlier. Some argue that they don't look right anymore but i have to say that they now do.


I hate the new look for the self-harm it inflicts on what came before and love it for how they finally don't look out of place; they are now in harmony.

It’s been 2.5 years and no book 3, still have hope though

What happened to Book 3? Will it ever happen? I feel it should. This story could go much further if given the chance.

9962370
It’s sketched out, but it’s unfinished and languishing in my google drive :unsuresweetie:... But don’t lose hope!

9962399
I don't want to lose hope. This was a good story and really got me interested. I like these sorts of stories. Having a changeling Twilight is interesting. Please, let me know if a Book 3 is/gets posted.

Y'know, if twilight should fall for a certain changeling, I think it should be Ithir. They seem good for each other.

I can't wait for Book 3 to come out.

Login or register to comment