• Published 12th Jul 2016
  • 797 Views, 12 Comments

The way she looks tonight. - HarmonyRapids



Rainbow Dash has finally agreed to go to a fancy dinner with Rarity after months of Rarity pleading and bagging for the brash Pegasus to go with her. And Rainbow has her doubts, but as the night goes on, will Rainbow start to like it?

  • ...
6
 12
 797

Inviting Dash to dinner, (all attempts)

Attempt 1...
It was a nice sunny day in Ponyville. Birds were chirping, and bees were buzzing. And Dashs were dashing. Well at least that's what Rarity thought as she peeked out from below her wide brimmed sunhat. Correction, Lady Rarity thought, it was a nice day until her object of affection was completely clueless as usual. She had made her way below the pegasi's cloud house, looking simply magnificent as usual. Then, using her most alluring and cheerful voice possible, she had called out a cheerful greeting, only to be greeted by a grumpy yet adorable looking pegasus in turtle slippers, and a purple robe, which was the color of royalty if she might add. She told her love exactly what she thought of her, and it didn't go over quite as well as she had hoped.

"Rarity, it is 7:00 in the morning! What in Celestia are you doing!"

"Oh, hello Rainbow Dash! Didn't have any idea you were here!", Rarity had exclaimed dramatically, batting her eyelashes.

Rainbow had just rolled her eyes. She knew exactly where this would lead. "Rarity, what are you talking about?", Dash had asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

The last thing Rarity had wanted to do that day was make her love frustrated, so she backed down, trying to smooth over whatever mistake she had made. "Why Rainbow Dash, you look simply adorable! Aren't you just the cutest pony in all of Equestria?!"

"I'm not cute, I'm awesome!", Rainbow had said back that morning. And then she had gotten ready to close the door.

"Wait!", Rarity had shouted in an unusual bout of desperation, "would you like to go to dinner sometime?", and then Rarity batted her eyelashes some more, to naive to realize that there was a reason nopony talked to Rainbow Dash in the early morning in her cloud house. It was because if they did, she would get extremely pissed. And Rainbow was no less attractive to Rarity that day than any other day, but Rarity was not as attractive to Dash that day. Especially since she had woke her up at an ungoddessly hour of the morning.

"Thanks, but no thanks.", Rainbow said, rolling her eyes and closing her door. Failing to realize that the pretty unicorn just outside her door really had wanted to go to dinner with her.

Attempt 2...
"Honestly, Rainbow Dash!", Rarity had whined one day as they were waiting in line for some of the Apple Family's cider. "Why are you so obsessed with this cider!"

"Because for the last time Rarity, they make the very best cider!", Dash had said crossing her arms.

"Ha!", Rarity had said, "if you come with me we can make our own cider!"

"Really?", Dash had asked, pretending to look enraptured.

"It shall be even better than their cider!", Rarity had declared, loving the attention she was getting from her future marefriend.

"Really?", Dash had said again, toying with Rarity.

"And it shall be the very best!", Rarity had continued triumphantly.

"Why?", Dash had asked boredly, giving up the charade. Rarity had not yet noticed though.

"Because it will have been made with love!", Rarity had squealed.

"Really?", Dash had asked, faking ecstasy once again.

"Yes!", Rarity had screeched.

"No.", Rainbow had deadpanned.

Attempt 3...
"Rainbow Dash! Oh Rainbow Dash!", Rarity had sang one day as she trotted leisurely through Applejack's orchard. She had been told by the farm mare that the pegasi was indefinitely here. Napping as per se was her usual hobby. Even though a pegasi napping in trees was quite an unusual hobby. No matter, the unicorn had spotted the mare's vibrant color in a plain green tree after several minutes of searching, and had ran up to the tree. She had yelled up the ginormous plant, but gave up after a minute because not even the ice cream truck could have waken up the sleeping polychromatic wonder. So Rarity had decided to try something she had seen Applejack do many times. Buck the tree Rainbow was sleeping in. That fateful day, Rarity had got up on her forelegs, and raised her hindlegs, and bucked. Well, tried to buck. She had actually just sprained a hoof. And after that traumatizing accident, she had decided to do it the way a unicorn would, rather than an earth pony would. She had decided to simply just shake the tree. With her magic. Hard. This would surely wake the pegasus up. Wake her up, yes. Win her heart and her trust, no. So Rarity had made the decision to shake the tree with the force of Applejack bucking it.

With a loud, "oomph!", Rainbow had fell from the tree, waking up with a start, and rubbing her head. "Aw AJ, is it to much trouble to let your fellow pony nap for 10 seconds?!" Then Rainbow had looked up and saw it was Rarity, and then she shook her head and rubbed her eyes. "What do you want now?", the athlete had asked, in a foal's voice. Whiny and annoying, but just ear grating enough to get whatever pony that was bothering her out of her sight.

But Rarity had kept her class. Well sort of. She had avoided walking away from Rainbow by whining right back.

"Will you PLEASE go to dinner with me! Please please please please please!", Rarity had squealed.

"No.", Rainbow had said, before flying away as fast as she could. This was getting creepy.

After a few more hundred attempts, Rarity just cut to the chase.

Attempt 123...
That day Rarity had borrowed Pinkie's balloons to float up to Rainbow door and ask her the same question she'd been asking her for months. Rarity knocked. Rainbow made the mistake of answering.

"Will you go to dinner with me?", Rarity had asked, batting her eyelashes.

"No," Rainbow had said, and slammed the door.

Attempt 124...
Today Rarity had opted to stand beneath Rainbow's house, shouting her name until she gave up. By the end of the day Rarity's voice sounded like a her cat Opla had used it as a scratching post.

Attempt 135...
Today Rarity had borrowed a cloud walking spell from Twilight. She had knocked on Rainbow door. And before Rainbow had opened it, she had told her, "Rainbow Dash I will stand outside your house all day until you answer my question."

Now Rainbow Dash had given up even answering the ivory unicorn's question after attempt 126, but something in her told her something had to give. And so she did. For the first time in her life, Rainbow gave in. After mumbling Sweet Celestia and a couple of other dirty words, she opened up her door and said yes.

Rarity had squealed, "You won't regret this!", and leaped off the cloud, only to be caught midair by the pegasus and floated safely down the rest of the way.

After Rarity was safely back on the ground, and Dash was in her bed that night, she mumbled, "I think I will."