• Published 12th Jul 2016
  • 1,757 Views, 20 Comments

Princess Flurry Heart's New Babysitter - Hood



Trixie becomes the royal babysitter of Princess Flurry Heart.

  • ...
0
 20
 1,757

prologue

Trixie hadn’t even heard the news yet, about how Princess Cadance and Shining Armor’s baby came out to be an alicorn, and hadn’t even fathomed such a thing yet. This is why it’d come as such a shock for her when she found out. However, for the start of the story, Trixie could be found awakening and leaving through her caravan door. She stepped off the creeky, wooden steps and onto the green, lush grass, and breathed deeply. For what seemed like weeks she’d been traveling, headed for the fork in the road that split her path between the Crystal Empire and Las Pegasus. For the longest time, too, she couldn’t quite make up her mind on whether or not she wanted to return to a place she’d already been to multiple times before in her life, or someplace completely new.

Hidden under the shade of a tree growing way overhead, Trixie peered her muzzle out and into the light, and looked down the faded, stony road to see the mirage of water lying right underneath the post and loosely wired fences. Last night, she had come up that way to read the sign splitting the road in half. Only now was she realizing just how much freedom she actually had with this decision. Either way she went would surely be an overall successful route, because Las Pegasus would always welcome a confident showpony like the Great and Powerful Trixie anyday. The Crystal Empire on the other hoof had never seen such acts performed live, so Trixie would surely be the first to help them with indulging in even more modern entertainment.

She came into the clearing, her hooves clomping loudly against the hard stones she walked on. Had anypony been at her side and asked which way she thought she’d go with, she would’ve chosen Las Pegasus. The nearer she got, however, the less sure she felt about that path, and she couldn’t even conclude why. Something just pulled her closer to the right, where the Crystal Empire could be reached. It wasn’t that she’d gotten tired of the lavish, bustling city she learned most of her tricks from. In her mind, there seemed to be something special about going to the Crystal Empire for a change.

She pulled out a coin from her sattlebag, and considered flipping it, and had she done so, it would’ve landed on tails. "Heads is the Crystal Empire," Trixie said silently to herself. "Tails is… Nah!" She pocketed the thing, and looked down the road towards her right. "The Great and Powerful Trixie chooses for herself for once! A new road awaits."

She got to walking, headed straight for her destination, but quickly stopped after realizing she’d forgotten her caravan. Following a brief return, and a moment of double checking everything, Trixie was ready to officially take off.