• Published 9th Jul 2016
  • 4,633 Views, 11 Comments

Sparkling Love - GoldenLoyalty



Twilight has something she wishes to tell Discord.

  • ...
14
 11
 4,633

Sparkling Love

Twilight lay in her bed, thinking. Did she feel something new for the Lord of Chaos? She thought. When Discord betrayed Equestria, Twilight felt something new. It wasn't hatred, as she knew what that felt like. Twilight knew Fluttershy was hurt by his betrayal, but not as much as Twilight was. Could it possibly be... Love? Twilight breathed fast. How could she love the Lord of Chaos? He isn't attractive and he is evil! Thinking that made her gag. He was a wonderful po- er, draconequus. Twilight sat up and banged her head on the wall. She heard a knock on her door one minute later.

"Yes?" called Twilight. She took in a deep breath and sighed.

"Can I come in?" called Spike's voice from outside the door.

"Sure!" replied Twilight. She sunk down under her covers and fluffed her wings. Spike opened the door, in his pajamas and held a candle.

"Why were you banging your head?" asked Spike.

"Just trying to get thoughts out of my head," replied Twilight, shrugging her shoulders. Spike eyed her suspiciously.

"You haven't been yourself after the battle with Tirek," pointed out Spike. "Is something on your mind that you're not telling me?" Twilight blinked. She sighed.

"Nothing at all," sighed Twilight. Spike folded his arms, one arm pointed outward so he wouldn't catch his pajamas on fire.

"Something's up all right," Spike rolled his eyes. "Come on, Twi. You can tell me anything! I'm your number one assistant and one of your best friends!"

"You're right," said Twilight. "Lately, I've been thinking of how I really have been feeling about Discord after his betrayal."

"Is it hatred?" asked Spike, too quickly.

"No," replied Twilight, harshly. She paled at the thought of ever hating Discord. But, she had once, when she first met him. Spike flinched at her tone.

"Aww, because I hate Discord," muttered Spike aloud, and he grinned nervously as he saw the glare he was receiving from Twilight. "What, I had to be honest, as what Applejack told me!"

"Sometimes you should know not to say anything," hissed Twilight. She shook her head. Why was she upset about how Spike hated Discord? He had every reason in the world to. But, it made Twilight angry at how anypony could hate Discord.

"Tell me more about what you're thinking," urged Spike.

"Well, after I learned of his betrayal, I had this feeling of hurt," confessed Twilight. "I had an emotion toward him unlike the emotion towards a friend such as you or the girls." Spike gave a grin. "When he is around now, I feel happy. When he once had a get together with my friends without me, I was jealous. When he was sick and told Fluttershy he was feeling better because she was there, I felt something like... Jealousy." Spike gave a small laugh. "What's so funny?" Twilight narrowed her eyes.

"Sounds like somepony has a crush!" laughed Spike. Twilight gasped, and her eyes widened.

"M-Me? H-Having a crush on, D-Discord?" stammered Twilight, and she put the puzzle pieces together.

"Yup, and a pretty big one, too!" smiled Spike.

"I have a crush on Discord!" shouted Twilight, grinning. She heard a gasp from outside, and she looked out her castle window to see Lyra Heartstrings staring at the castle in horror. Oops, thought Twilight. She was going to have to be more quiet. "Thanks Spike for helping me realize my feelings."

"No problem," replied Spike. He yawned. "I'm going to bed now." He blew out the candle and exited Twilight's room. Twilight sunk down and rested her head on her soft pillow, more relaxed than she had been for weeks. She finally knew her true feelings toward Discord. She frowned as she realized, she was going to have to confess. Twilight decided she would ask him out.


A week later, Twilight found out Discord was going to stay for two weeks at Fluttershy's to visit Ponyville and get to know some of his other friends. Twilight knew this was the perfect chance to tell Discord what she really wanted to say to him. She smiled and trotted to Fluttershy's cottage, after receiving an invitation to have tea with Fluttershy before Discord arrived. Twilight happily trotted through town, waving to everypony she passed by. It was a beautiful sunny day, the birds singing the most beautiful songs they could. There were a few white, puffy clouds littering the sky, and Twilight noticed Rainbow smashing the few clouds in the sky. Twilight saw Rarity in a fabric store with Pinkie, probably organizing another party together. Applejack waved to her, from her apple stand, selling apples to ponies. Twilight grinned, and soon found herself at her destination. Twilight knocked on the door.

"Hello?" whispered Fluttershy, as she cautiously opened the door. Fluttershy smiled as she saw Twilight.

"Hello, Fluttershy!" greeted Twilight, smiling.

"Hello, Twilight. Would you like to come in?" Fluttershy stepped to the side to let in Twilight.

"Thank you," Twilight walked inside, and quickly found the table where she was supposed to sit at and sat down. Fluttershy flew to the kitchen, and brought out a light pink kettle that contained boiling tea.

"Do you like this new kettle?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yes," replied Twilight. "Where did you get it?"

"Discord gave it to me last time we had tea," replied Fluttershy, and a frown flickered on Twilight's face, then masked by a smile again. Twilight felt a wash of jealousy over her as she thought about how Discord got Fluttershy a present, and didn't get Twilight anything. Twilight mentally kicked herself as she realized she was being selfish. Discord was giving a gift to his best friend, and friend only.

"That's nice," said Twilight. "So, when is he coming again?"

"Next Tuesday and he is staying for two weeks before he has to be in Saddle Arabia for two months," replied Fluttershy. "Saddle Arabia needs him to give them lakes because they ran out of water. Poor fillies and colts that didn't have anything to drink!" Twilight nodded, though she hadn't listened to the second part of what Fluttershy was saying. She was sad that for two whole months she was going to have to miss Discord.

"Yeah, poor fillies," agreed Twilight, not knowing what she said.

"He said he was going to bring somepony, though, as Princess Celestia said he could," continued Fluttershy, and Twilight snapped her head up. "He already offered to bring me, but I refused. I have to take care of the animals. I hope I didn't offend Discord." Fluttershy messed with her hooves as she looked down at her tea.

"Discord can find somepony else," muttered Twilight, and Fluttershy looked slightly offended for a second.

"Yes, he can," agreed Fluttershy.

"Maybe me," said Twilight hopefully, and Fluttershy gave Twilight a surprised look. "What? He is my friend, after all."

"Well, he and I thought you hated him!" exclaimed Fluttershy. "He was devastated because he- I better be quiet." Twilight paled.

"Y-You were saying he actually," started Twilight, and Fluttershy gulped, knowing she revealed Discord's secret. "He thought I hated him?! It's the opposite of that." Fluttershy sighed in relief. "I'm going to have to get to know him more the next two weeks."

"Yeah, Twilight, I have a question," stated Fluttershy.

"Yes?" Twilight tilted her head.

"Do you like Discord?" asked Fluttershy, and Twilight broke into a cold sweat.

"Yeah, he is a great friend," replied Twilight quickly. "So yeah, I like him."

"You know what I mean," giggled Fluttershy.

"Um, um," Twilight was at loss with words. She sighed. "Yes, I like him." Silence. Fluttershy stared at Twilight.

"Wow! This is great news!" Fluttershy fluttered back and forth. "He will be so-, I mean, this is a big secret!" Twilight raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Oh would you look at the time. It's time for you to go. I had a nice time." Twilight looked outside and saw it was sunset.

"Goodbye, Fluttershy," Twilight waved and teleported outside, and started her journey home.


It was finally Tuesday, and Twilight was excited. She was in a frenzy as she ran around her castle getting ready for Discord. Spike watched her in confusion.

"Why are you acting so crazy?" asked Spike. Twilight paused.

"Discord is arriving in Ponyville today!" replied Twilight, and she continued her frenzy of making the place and herself look nice. Twilight styled her mane in a new way. It looked exactly like Cadence's now, like her tail. Twilight made the place look slightly chaotic as well. Twilight looked in the mirror and decided she looked too harmonic and gave her Cadence like mane a bit of hair parting, like Rainbow's. Her mane was now a Cadence and Rainbow Dash style. Twilight nodded and smiled in satisfaction. Twilight then went out into Ponyville, and found Discord walking with Fluttershy. Twilight growled as she saw Fluttershy laughing with Discord.

"Hands off my man," grumbled Twilight to herself, and nopony heard her but herself. Fluttershy waved for Twilight to come over.

"Twilight! Discord is here!" called Fluttershy. But, as she was so quiet, Twilight could barely hear her.

"Nice to see you, princess," said Discord, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Twilight smiled, and rolled her eyes at his sarcasm.

"Nice to see you too. How have you been?" asked Twilight, interested to know what was going on in Discord's life.

"Nothing much, just chaos," Discord shrugged his shoulders.

"He also has a confession to make," giggled Fluttershy, and Discord turned red.

"N-No! I have nothing to say whatsoever!" said Discord quickly. Twilight gave a small giggle.

"So, want to get some lunch?" asked Twilight. "I heard of this new restaurant down the street."

"Sure!" smiled Fluttershy. Discord smiled. They started down the street.

"Fluttershy, keep your mare out of your beautiful face so ponies can enjoy it," said Discord, as he brushed Fluttershy's mane out of her eyes. Fluttershy gave a small blush, and Twilight gave an annoyed huff.

"I like what you did to your mane, Twilight," complimented Fluttershy. "Discord, do you like it?" Twilight smiled eagerly for Discord's response.

"Nngh, it's alright, I suppose," replied Discord. Twilight felt her heart drop. Discord didn't care, did he?

"Discord!" snapped Fluttershy, and she flew up to his ear and whispered something that Twilight could not pick up. Discord's face went in shock, and then he whispered something back, again, what Twilight could not hear.

"What are you whispering about?" asked Twilight, annoyance clear in her voice.

"Nothing!" shouted both of them at the same time. Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Well, can we continue with this walk?" asked Twilight. They both nodded quickly. They just moments later arrived to the restaurant. Twilight smiled warmly at Discord, as they sat down at a table. Twilight was annoyed as ponies gave Discord weird looks and whispered. But, she did her best to ignore it, as Discord seemed to be doing.

"May I take your order?" asked a waiter.

"A daisy sandwich for me," said Twilight.

"Ya have pizza?" asked Discord. The waiter hesitated, then nodded. "I'll take three."

"I would like a salad, please," smiled Fluttershy, and she looked at Discord in amusement. Twilight glared at the scene of Fluttershy and Discord seeming so happy with one another, while she was left ignored with her love kept to herself.

"Fluttershy, my dear, your eyes sparkle so bright," murmured Discord. Fluttershy blushed, and Discord stroked her mane. He lent forward, about to-

"NO!" screamed Twilight, and she pushed them apart. Discord stared at her in shock. "WHY DO YOU LOVE HER SO MUCH WHILE I SUFFER AND HAVE TO WATCH YOU TWO FAWN OVER EACH OTHER?!" Twilight ran out of the restaurant, sobbing.

"Twilight, WAIT!" called Discord from behind. Twilight took flight, blindly flying. Suddenly, her wing snagged on something, and her wing was clipped. Twilight crashed onto the ground. Twilight rubbed her eyes, and looked around. Dark trees surrounded her, and she sat on muddy ground. The sky above wasn't visible. Twilight realized she had landed in the middle of the Everfree Forest. Twilight cautiously stood up, and flapped her wings, only to feel a searing pain. Twilight lit up her horn, and something was blocking her magic. Twilight looked on the ground, and saw a flower. Twilight gasped as she realized what flower it was. it was a magical flower she read about, which makes all magic users unable to use magic for up to eight hours. Twilight gulped, and started walking around.

It was very dark in the forest, even though it was day. What seemed like hours, Twilight walked through the forest. Every time she heard a rustling or crack, she jumped. Twilight was in a very dangerous place; unable to use magic or fly. Twilight didn't know where the way out was. Suddenly, Twilight heard hoofsteps, pawsteps, whatever it was. She turned around, and came nose to nose with a timberwolf. It growled at her.

"Nice, timberwolf," whimpered Twilight. She shrunk down and backed up. The wolf howled, and started chasing her. Twilight screamed, and started running. She weaved through trees expertly, as she tried to get away. Twilight felt a root hit her hoof, and Twilight tumbled, and hit a tree. She was on the ground now, the wolf slowly approaching her. Twilight closed her eyes and flinched, prepared to die. She suddenly felt something warm and soft surround her, and she opened her eyes. She gasped as she saw Discord.

"Don't you dare hurt her!" snarled Discord. The wolf growled in defiance, and Discord gave a roar, and Twilight rubbed against him in fear. Discord pounced on the wolf, and tore it apart. He turned to Twilight. "Please, if you're upset, next time just talk to me instead of running off like that." Discord snapped his talons and they were back at Fluttershy's cottage, and Fluttershy rushed over to Twilight.

"Twilight!" exclaimed Fluttershy in relief. "I was so worried about you." Fluttershy gasped as her gaze passed over to Twilight's wing. "What happened?" Discord stared at the wing.

"My wing snagged on a branch," replied Twilight, and she feebly held out the wing.

"I'll fix that," Discord snapped his talons again, and Twilight felt a nice sensation on her wing, and she gasped as she saw her wing was fully healed.

"Thank you!" exclaimed Twilight, and she hugged Discord. "Thank you for saving my life!" Twilight turned red as she realized what she was doing. She jumped back, and brushed her leg. "Er, sorry." But, before she could do anything, Discord rushed down and his lips met Twilight's. Twilight's wings fluffed out in shock, until she melted into the kiss happily. After what seemed to quick, Discord pulled away.

"Sorry about today," started Discord. "I wanted to make you feel jealous, so you would love me, like I love you. What I didn't know, is that you already did."

"I told him," smiled Fluttershy. "I told him after you ran off."

"Thanks, I guess," said Twilight.

"So, want to go out sometime?" asked Discord lamely.

"Sure, I would love that," replied Twilight. She leaped forward, and gave Discord one last kiss.

Author's Note:

I'm a Twicord and Fluttercord shipper. I don't just have to like one Discord shipping! But, Dislestia sucks and doesn't make sense. It is a ship based off of a theory. The flowers Discord gave her in the Season 4 finale was a sign of apology, as was the wink, as said by a director of the film. HA NO DISLESTIA MAN! Plus, Discord seems to not even like her. He seems to like Fluttershy, and gets jealous over her, and does anything for her. Discord also loves to pester Twilight, and her alone. He also seems to want her attention more as well. So, Twicord and Fluttercord are the ones that make sense.

Comments ( 11 )
Nerfyy #1 · Jul 9th, 2016 · · 1 ·

nice little story
even if its a bit rushed
i love Discolight as well
but for my part i really really like Dislestia as well, and for that matter i really dislike Fluttercord
it not correct to say a ship doesnt make sense
a ship doesnt need to make any sense at all as long as there is someone who can enjoy the ship anyways
so even if you think dislestia doesnt make sense, it does for others (me for example)

Just waaaayy to rushed even for a short story making it for me and most likely others... well unable to actually accept the events and especially the characters motives, desires etc. and it felt like a mumbling reception of something that the teller had observed. Just so incoherent and lifeless.

Some parts felt almost like reading an instruction manual and some like we had skipped a whole paragraph. I'm writing this to be just honest and not to mean. I could not feel anything for the story and I have read shorter ones that grabbed my attention and heart.

You just need to spread it out a little and make it feel alive and organic. I can't tell you exactly how to do it in this comment and it's not my intention to tell you how to exactly do it either. But the missing part is the linguistic spark of life that is needed to make it real in the head of the reader, just as if a actor in in a play don't act with the mind of the character they won't be able to express the emotions and suck in the audience to make it as seemingly real as life or at least a movie.

This is my 2 cents on this piece. Good first try but you need to work on the linguistic expressions..... ^^

7377087 Wow I saw an old Fluttercord story comment of yours, saying you hope Discord chooses Fluttershy over Celestia XD

7778721 whaaat hahahaha
yeah that comment must be veeeerry old haha
cause back when i joined the fandom i loved flutters the most and therefor shipped Fluttercord to
but my interesst in Fluttershy changed A LOT over time and now i really really really dislike the shipping haha

7779533 yeah. I understand. I like DiscoLight actually, but I don't write about it since I can't get it right!

7780831 yeah ^^ Discolight has become my OTP over time :D its just way too cute <3 <3 <3

ATTENTION: Making a rewrite of this on my main account :D

7780876 read mah last comment ):D

7870527 okaaay and what is your main account? xD

7871686 this account :3 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Login or register to comment